• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokemon type would each of the characters be?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Also, Mario isn't Fire/Water since F.L.U.D.D. isn't an attribute he possesses naturally.
Let's not be silly here. Mario uses a Fire Flower to shoot out fires. It's far from being possesses as an innate ability.

Ok, to start off.

Zelda, Lucas, and Ness are very clearly ascribed psychic powers, that puts them in psychic right off the bat. They can use those psychic powers to do other things (such as creating fire).
Like I said already, psychic abilities are not equivalent to magic abilties. I've also said make Zelda what you will. I don't care. I don't main her.

Dark type is ultimately stylistic, being evil is neither necessary nor sufficient to be dark-type. It's an affinity with black, stylistically speaking that dictates it. MK definately fits the bill, dark/flying.
Do you know why Ganondorf is ascribed as a Dark type? It has nothing to do with how he looks. He's already a malevolent character in Brawl. Meta Knight has a blue aura in the Sub-Space Emissary, which means he's not a bad guy.

ZSS being electric, in this case it's mostly about what her weaknesses are, and as ZSS she still has tons of circuitry throughout her body which makes her act like an alectric, but not a style anymore however, lacking the outside shell. Electric/fighting is probably the most realistic.
That made absolutely no sense. I fail to see how "weaknesses" has anything to do with being an Electric type. I also do not understand what you mean by "she has tons of circuitry throughout her body."

edit:
Speaking of which, peach is psychic type as well. Her ability to use mental states to create a wide variety of effects (see super princess peach) definitely qualifies as psionics.
We're talking abotu Brawl, not other games. Please, tell me where Super Princess Peach is in Brawl.

dryn's posts ***** the thread cuz his numbered list was organized and tabbed to perfection
Cool.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
I honestly thought you were going to say, "a normal type like Jigglypuff, against the ghostly Gengar a battle's real tough." >_>
Good luck with Muk and Poison Gas,
Make one wrong move and it'll kick your Grass!

I always thought they were swearing there...

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Olimar would be fire, water, electric, poison and I dunno what the purple Pikmin would be? Or would Olimar be normal type and his Pikmins possess said attributes?

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu would definitely be bug type.

*sucks teeth* Really?
There was actually a joke in Japan where if you were to write "Pikachu" in kanji, you'd get ピカ虫 (虫 means "bug"), meaning that Pikachu was, in fact, a bug type. Frown, if you're referencing this, you are amazing.

Dark type is ultimately stylistic, being evil is neither necessary nor sufficient to be dark-type. It's an affinity with black, stylistically speaking that dictates it.
While I don't think every dark type Pokemon was necessarily intended to be evil, fwiw, the Japanese name for "dark type" (あくタイプ) literally means "evil type."

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
TL Normal
MK Dark Flying
Ike Fire Fighting
Lucas Psychic Thunder
DeDeDe Normal
Snake Dark Fighting
Tabuu Uber Psychic Thunder Dark

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Like I said already, psychic abilities are not equivalent to magic abilties. I've also said make Zelda what you will. I don't care. I don't main her.
I disagree, her precognitive abilities are within the realm of psychic. Furthermore, it's the best type to describe her particular skillset anyway.

Do you know why Ganondorf is ascribed as a Dark type? It has nothing to do with how he looks. He's already a malevolent character in Brawl. Meta Knight has a blue aura in the Sub-Space Emissary, which means he's not a bad guy.
I could go into the difference between sufficient and necessary here, but I won't because it's unnecessary. There's no reason to ascribe dark type to bowser, and he's malevolent. Same with Wario. Same with characters in the pokemon cannon and anime (mewtwo most notably).

That made absolutely no sense. I fail to see how "weaknesses" has anything to do with being an Electric type. I also do not understand what you mean by "she has tons of circuitry throughout her body."
Type generally describes the composition of your body, not necessarily what skills you have. That is because your type defines what you're weak to in pokemon, and what moves you get a syncronization bonus. You don't have to actually have moves of that type to be a type (take gyrados for example). Because of this, only a few pokemon types are defined by the pokemon's actual abilities (ex. psychic).

To explain ZSS, Samus is essentially a cyborg, period. She directly interfaces with her suit through implants in her body. These implants are electrically based, therefore giving her the inherent attributes of an electric type regardless of whether she has the skills or not.

We're talking abotu Brawl, not other games. Please, tell me where Super Princess Peach is in Brawl.
We're talking about the CHARACTERS, other games establish the cannon abilities and attributes of Brawl characters, so they're totally relevant to the discussion.

While I don't think every dark type Pokemon was necessarily intended to be evil, fwiw, the Japanese name for "dark type" (あくタイプ) literally means "evil type."
Which fits into the thematic take just as well. Unless you're suggesting that every pokemon that's dark type is actually evil instead of just looking the part.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
TL = Flying type because he's windy.

Fyro

Smash Rookie
Olimar= Bug & Grass. The Olimar Is a lie, only pikmins exist.
Bowser= Fire. No Dragon, just Fire.
Falco= Electric & Flying. He has lasers flying along him.
Kirby= Normal Or flying + The type of the hat he has. Maybe Flying & Normal, And ability that keeps flying type when transform is used?
Wario= Poison.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
TL = Flying type because he's windy.
I guess

Olimar= Bug & Grass. The Olimar Is a lie, only pikmins exist.
Bowser= Fire. No Dragon, just Fire.
Falco= Electric & Flying. He has lasers flying along him.
Kirby= Normal Or flying + The type of the hat he has. Maybe Flying & Normal, And ability that keeps flying type when transform is used?
Wario= Poison.
but Faclo is a weird bird, he can't fly unless he is in a plane, Bowser is a dragon, and Olimer is an alien so idk

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
You people are so strange... some of the past explinations are very strange. I wonder how strange mine will seem.

Mario = Normal (Mario isn't generating Fire or Packing Heat. He doesn't have enough practice with his fighting moves to be a Fighting Type. He's straight up Normal, because he can pretty much do anything).

Luigi=Normal/Ghost (Ghost is a joke, but Luigi is freaky-deaky enough to warrent it... little psycho...)

Peach=Normal (She is not Grass because of her Vegetables, She is not Flying because she can Float. She lacks an element of her own.)

Bowser=Fire/Dragon (It is impossible for Bowser to not be fire. He breaths, come out of, lives in, and can survive Fire. Impossible for him not to be Fire. Dragon because he can pull it off with gusto).

Donkey Kong=Ground

Diddy Kong=Ground (The Kong Klan warrent the power of the earth that they parade upon.)

Yoshi=Dragon (Just because he can jump does not mean he is flying, and his color does not mean he is water or fire or grass or dark or ice or anything like that. -.-)

Wario=Poison (Have you smelled his fart?)

Link=Flying (Hero of the Winds. Enough Said.)

Zelda=Psychic (Only a fool needs an explination here.)

Shiek=Ghost/Psychic (Shrouded in Mystery, with several powers of her own, and an extension of Zelda herself).

Ganondorf=Dark/Fighting (He comes out of a dark void. He commands darkness. In most games, he uses dark evil spells. Even his Brawl attacks leave people burning from his Darkness. He is definitely Dark. Fighting might be debatable, but since he is not using his magic, and relying on his hand to hand combat skills that resemble asian martial arts, he can pass for fighting.)

Toon Link=Flying (Cartoon Hero of the Winds. Enough Said.)

Samus=Steel/Fire (Her Chozo Powersuit is obviously made of some type of Metal, and many of her best properties involves her vast array of weapons and fire-arms).

Zero Suit Samus=Sexy. (Wait, that's not a type....)

Rob=Steel (He is a Robot. Enough Said.)

Ice Climbers=Ice (No explination Needed.)

Pit=Normal/Flying (No Explination Needed.)

Kirby=Normal (Just because he can suck in air and float does not make him a flying type. Normal seems to be best suited for him, although there are Pokemon who can change their type.)

Meta Knight=Normal/Flying (He is not evil, so lets not pretend he is, just because you get your butt kicked by random people who use him because you suck at life. Metaknight is another elementless character, except for the fact that he is a master of the air and flight and wind and such.)

King Dedede=Normal (He doesn't really have an element...)

Olimar=Normal/Steel (Pikmin are not Bugs. They are Floral Creatures. Olimar is their commander. You can argue to make Olimar Grass like the Pikmin, but he is just a humanoid wearing a Space Suit).

Fox=Normal

Falco=Normal/Flying

Wolf=Normal (For the Starfox Team, Lazers are not an element. They are the weapons they carry. Team Starfox doesn't really have an element, although if you wanted to, you MIGHT try to argue Fire for Fox.)

Captain Falcon=Fire/Fighting (Fire is a core element in most of his moves, enough to make an actual difference, and he uses his martial arts training to capture bounty-heads...)

***Pokemon will not be done because they already have types***

Marth=Fighting (Swordsmanship is considered a type of Martial Art.)

Ike=Fighting/Fire (Lots of his moves involve Fire, but he is still a swordsman at heart.)

Ness=Psychic (No Explination Needed.)

Lucas=Psychic (No Explination Needed.)

Mr. Game & Watch=Normal (.... I honestly have no frigging Idea. He can be pretty much any type. Since Arceus from Pokemon is Normal with the ability to become any type based on his hold item, I suppose Game & Watch can be like that too.)

Snake=Fire/Fighting (Explosives Expert to the point where Fire can be seen as a possibility, with Fighting Skills that lets him beat up Mechs and Secret Agents and Super Soldiers...)

Sonic=Normal (Besides his speed, which doesn't solidify him as Wind -.-, Sonic is pretty much a normal being. Shadow would have been Dark, Tails would have been Flying, Knuckles would have been Fighting, Silver would have been Psychic. Sonic is just plain Normal).

Tacel

Smash Lord
Bowser - Fire/Dragon
Captain Falcon - Fighting
Diddy Kong - Normal
Donkey Kong - Ground/Normal
Dr. Mario - Poison
Falco - Flying
Fox - Fire
Ganondorf - Psychic/Dark
Ice Climbers - Ice
Ike - Fighting/Steel
Jigglypuff - Normal
King Dedede - Ice/Ground
Kirby - Flying
Link - Fighting/Steel
Lucario - Fighting/Steel
Lucas - Psychic
Luigi - Steel
Mario - Steel
Marth - Fighting/Steel
Meta Knight - Flying/Steel
Mewtwo - Psychic
Mr. Game & Watch - Fighting/Dark
Ness - Psychic
Olimar - Grass
Peach - Grass
Pichu - Electric
Pikachu - Electric
Pit - Flying/Steel
Pokémon Trainer - Normal
R.O.B. - Steel
Roy - Fighting/Steel
Samus - Fighting/Steel
Snake - Steel
Sonic - Normal
Toon Link - Fighting/Steel
Wario - Steel
Wolf - Dark
Yoshi - Ground
Young Link - Fighting/Steel
Zelda/Sheik - Psychic
Zero Suit Samus - Fighting/Electric

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
blue toon link - water, red toon link- fire, black toon link - dark, green toon link - grass...., purple toon link - poison and there all part steel too :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Da-D-Mon said:
Donkey Kong=Ground

Diddy Kong=Ground (The Kong Klan warrent the power of the earth that they parade upon.)
They don't "deserve" anything, they don't seem to have any real elemental affinity with it.

Link=Flying (Hero of the Winds. Enough Said.)
Since when was regular Link refered to as the hero the winds?

That Title was specific to windwaker. Ultimately it's an honoric that ties him to the God most directly assisting him, nothing more.

Toon Link=Flying (Cartoon Hero of the Winds. Enough Said.)
Hero of the Winds is an honorific.

Samus=Steel/Fire (Her Chozo Powersuit is obviously made of some type of Metal, and many of her best properties involves her vast array of weapons and fire-arms).
"Firearms" aren't necessarily Fire. She learns fire attacks definitely (plasma beam), but there's nothing innate about her that's fire type. On the other hand, she does have a great deal of circuitry in her body and has constant electrical currents flowing through her.

Electric-Steel.

Rob=Steel (He is a Robot. Enough Said.)
See Samus.

Meta Knight=Normal/Flying (He is not evil, so lets not pretend he is, just because you get your butt kicked by random people who use him because you suck at life. Metaknight is another elementless character, except for the fact that he is a master of the air and flight and wind and such.)
dark type=/= evil.

It's an "evil" aesthetic which makes you fit this, not an evil personality, and he definately has an evil aesthetic.

Captain Falcon=Fire/Fighting (Fire is a core element in most of his moves, enough to make an actual difference, and he uses his martial arts training to capture bounty-heads...)
That's cosmetic, fire requires an intrinsic source.

Ike=Fighting/Fire (Lots of his moves involve Fire, but he is still a swordsman at heart.)
Again, Fire Requires an intrinsic source. If his sword was intrinsically tied with Fire, I would agree, but there's no in-game FE evidence of that, the only thing that him having "teh fire" seemed to appease Roy fans.

Snake=Fire/Fighting (Explosives Expert to the point where Fire can be seen as a possibility, with Fighting Skills that lets him beat up Mechs and Secret Agents and Super Soldiers...)
Explosives are "normal" as far as pokemon is concerned.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Peach- Normal
Jiggs- Psychic/normal I think. Rest and sing just remind me of psychic moves lol
Pokemon Trainer- Isn't this obvious? :p

I think most characters fall under the normal category.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Jigglypuff isn't a hard one, in the game, she's NORMAL.

Also, ROB would be normal too. He's plastic, not Metal.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. You are right. They aren't Ground. That was just a homage to the Earthquake, and doesn't really fit Diddy at all. Donkey Kong is really a Grass Type, and Diddy is a Normal Type. Diddy is just athletic, and doesn't really have a type of his. However, Donkey Kong and most of the rest of his clan are Kings of the Barrel. Nay, Masters. Nay, Gods. Being able to infinitely create Barrels was a special ability of Donkey Kong and his Ancestors while battling Mario. They are the Rulers of Barrels. All things Barrels must go through Donkey Kong first. And since Barrels are made out of Wood, and Wood is considered like Grass, Donkey Kong can be considered a Grass Type. Diddy isn't so much of a Barrel master, though. So he can be a flat out normal type.

Link and ToonLink, however, are definitely Flying Types. Flying/Steel, more Specifically... actually, it's Steel/Flying for Link, and Flying/Steel for ToonLink (the first type is the Dominant Type). The fact that Multiple Gods that control Wind back Link and Toon Link up, not to mention that in most, if not all Zelda games with Multiple Tunics, Green is the Color of the Wind (Red = Fire, Blue = Water, Purple = Earth. Link is usually wearing his signature Green Tunic). The title "Hero of the Winds" maybe specific to ToonLink, but it is/can be applied to all of the Links, from the beings that back them up to some of the special weapons that they use. The steel type is for all of those friggin swords and weapons they use (WHERE DO THEY HIDE ALL OF THAT EQUIPMENT!?!).

As for Samus, I'd like to see what makes you think there is lots of Circuitry in her body... there is actually very little to support that. It is technological, yes, which is why she definitely warrents the Steel Type. But there is very little suggesting her to be a Battery-Operated-Copper-Wired-Robotic Lady. However, all of her beam Technology are usually based on high powered Kinetic Energy, and her suit is even shown to be steaming in the vacuum of space, revealing that a heck of a lot of heat energy is created from it. Not only do the weapons that She uses in it, but the suit itself, including it's Varia or Barrier form (which is designed to help her deal with extreme temperatures, specifically volcanic in nature, and in most games is her default suit, [including Brawl]), supports a high relationship to Thermal Energy, also known as Fire. Oh, also, the Plazma Beam isn't the only Flame based Beam she uses. Also noted is the Flamethrower, the SunBurst, the Aniallator Beam (kinda), the Magmaul, and Technically the Nova Beam.

Technically, Straked is right. The R.O.B. is not Metalic. More Plastic. If anything, he should be normal. However, he DOES have wires and circitry flowing within his body. Normal/Electric.

Evil Astetic? He has a Mask on. That's the only thing that could possibly be remotely evil looking about him. And it's not looking evil that makes a Dark Type. It's being a Darkness affiliated being that makes you a Dark Type. There are plenty of Pokemon that look Evil and Scary and Bad that are not Dark. Arbok, Banette, Carnivine, Dialga, Exploud, Feraligatr, Glaile, Huntail, Jynx, Kingler, Luxray, Mawile, Nidoking, Pinsir, Qwilfish, Raikou, Scizor, Tyranitar, Ursaring, Victribeel, Weezing, Zangoose... plenty of these and more "look" evil, but aren't. Infact, Looking like any percieved stereotype of something as esotetic as Evil... or Good, for that matter, can be different depending on the person. For example, I find no Pokemon more evil than Mr.Mime, because Clowns are the most Psychotic of all beings in existance. Being Dark is being linked to Shadows and Darkness. Metaknight could only possibly be linked with the Shadows by his Final Smash. Otherwise, he is definitely not Evil, and just because he wears a Mask doesn't make him Look Evil either. His Color Change to the Dark Metaknight from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is just that, a Color Change. Nice try. Normal/Flying, or maybe Fighting/Flying, since he is a Master Swordsman. But not Dark/Flying.

An Intrinsic Source. Go look down Godzilla's throat and try to find the generator inside of his belly that is the source of his Atomic Fireblasts. Heck, go find out where Swampert keeps the gallons of water used for it's Hydrocannon, while you are at it. Captain Falcon is like the king of Fire. It is as if the Phoenix blessed him and his Martial Arts skills with the power of Flame. The only reason he's not Captain Phoenix is because that's incredbily Gay. Falcon is much cooler. Fighting/Fire.

I don't know much about Fire-Emblem though, so I will take your word on Ike. Fighting/Steel.

And as for Explosions, In Pokemon, Razor Leaf has been used to make Explosions. SludgeBomb can be used to make Explosions. Hydropump can be used to make Explosions. Thunderbolt can be used to make Explosions. Shadowball can be used to make Explosions. Nearly everything can be used to make Explosions. But most of the time, Explosions are gigantic bursts of Kinetic Energy (typically associated with Thermal Energy).

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
This was incredibly entertaining to read.

Here's my "Pokemon" Team haha:

Sheik- Fighting/Ghost (Sneaky fighting abilities)
Ganondorf- Dark/Ground (Evil, tank)
Marth- Steel/Water (Ok, so I put Steel for his attacks and sword and (little) armor. I put water cause think of the the way he moves and attacks he moves and attacks with stle, majestically and with beauty- like water.)
Bowser- Fire/Rock (Firebreather and a tank)
Peach- Normal/Psychic (The hearts can be psychic like moves along with the floaty ness)
PIKACHU- uhhhh....I guess Electric (yeah, I went thar)

I don't know, I'm bored :)

EDIT: Just gave explanations lol

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Meta Knight: Dark/Flying
Snake: Fighting
C. Falcon: Fire/Fighting/Manly
DDD: Normal/Flying
Diddy Kong: Normal
Bowser: Fire/Dragon

Pikachu... I DON'T KNOW!!! Dx

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I struggle to think what Marth and Ike would be...

Fighting? Oh, and Ike would be part Fire maybe...

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I don't like how you've all made half the cast part fighting type. It's redundant b/c it's a fighting game, and not every character needs to be two types.

Wario: Poison
Marth: Flying/Grass
Donkey Kong: Ground
Olimar: Grass/Ground
Ike: Rock
Captain Falcon: Fighting
Samus: Steel/Fire

Well, you can't really base them off their moves, I mean, take Donphan. It's a freakin' ground type and it knows what, 2 ground type moves by level up?

Sonic-steak
Toon Link-Flying/water (hero of the winds/he spends his whole life on the sea, or islands)
ZSS-SEXAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guglio

Smash Apprentice
As the inverse to this thread, many of my Pokemon on my team are named after Smash Bros characters.

Gallade is Link because I think his head looks like Link's hat.

Weavile is Solid Snake (this was a weird choice; Weavile is Dark / Ice, Dark being stealth and ice being Shadow Moses Island, haha).

I also named my Absol Ganon, and my Infernape C. Falcon. One of my friends named his Probopass Mario.

TEECO

Smash Ace
ROB would deffinatley be Steel and Fighting.
Ghis Ftilts and jabs are basically punches. If he had feet his bair would be a drop kick..

Top Bottom