• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Pokemon took you the longest to catch?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
One thing I find really funny is that I remember spending at least a half an hour trying to find Ralts in my Ruby Version while trying to complete the Pokedex. I started replaying Sapphire recently, and decided I would give it a shot and if it took too long I was just going to can it.

About five minutes later I found one.

Then I was fooling around in it another time and I found about three within 15 minutes. Go figure.

I don't think I've ever caught a legendary in a Poke Ball. Just luck of the draw, literally -- Poke Balls have a lower chance of catching a Pokemon but that's really it. If you throw a Poke Ball and the numbers are on your side, you catch it. If they're not, you don't.

And yeah, I remember the Regis being really hard. That was a few years back, given, since I hate catching Relicanth and evolving Wailmer and all of the other annoying Braille puzzles and haven't done it in either my Emerald Version or Sapphire Version, ever, so it could've just been me back then, but those things took me a while.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I never caught a feebas in my Ruby version but I caught it right away in Diamond, lucky me.
And it took like I don't know maybe 3 hours, 50 ultra balls, 30 Dusk balls, 1 quick ball, and a few timer balls to catch a Heatran with 1 HP and paralysis

I don't think I've ever caught a legendary in a Poke Ball. Just luck of the draw, literally -- Poke Balls have a lower chance of catching a Pokemon but that's really it. If you throw a Poke Ball and the numbers are on your side, you catch it. If they're not, you don't.

i caught Mewtwo in my Yellow version with a pokeball I threw all these Ultra balls at it, once I ran out I had around 10 pokeball and one of them captured it I was with my friends and we were all screaming about how lucky I was

Gaara♥

Smash Master
aha yes freaken Tauros in blue version was just a jerk. I remember having 149 pokemon and the only one I had left to catch was that **** tauros!

Also abra in the beginning of R/B. I got lucky once and just threw a pokeball and it caught him without me having to damage it

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
aha yes freaken Tauros in blue version was just a jerk. I remember having 149 pokemon and the only one I had left to catch was that **** tauros!

Also abra in the beginning of R/B. I got lucky once and just threw a pokeball and it caught him without me having to damage it
When I did a speed run of my Red version I had to do this to get an Abra to score a level 100 Mew. (do the mew glitch, but spam growl so the target's attack is low or something which makes Mew level 1. Level 1 has -54 exp, so battle and get less then 54 and the game just poofed you to 100 :chuckle:) Without a sleeper it was all I could do to get him.. so many resets..

Outside of that experience the hardest thing to catch in the originals was definitely Tauros or Khangaskan.

In g/s/c it was probably the dogs/whatever bird you got second in the version. When I was a kid though I had no honor and cloned Pokemon holding the master ball to get however many I needed. Going back through though, just finding the dogs is SO annoying and then you need to sleep it and hope it doesn't wake up throughout the battle, or mean look it and hope it didn't roar.

r/s/e I would say Feebas just because of finding him in the first place. Once you did though it was easy. (I screwed up the pokeblocks for Milotic like three times and had to go back and refind the square that worked.. Never thought to just catch a few in case I failed evolving right...) And then there was Rayquaza. I used up all of my ultra and timer balls on him, whatever great balls I still had, then the old pokeballs and lastly a random premiere ball I had... And of course the premiere ball of all things caught it... SOOOO lucky

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I screwed up the pokeblocks for Milotic like three times and had to go back and refind the square that worked.
Agh, it pains me to hear you say this...you should've just bred.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
If it was a male and it wasn't Emerald, that would be impossible. Jusaying.

On Topic: Chansey. I don't think I need to elaborate on this. Thank goodness D/P just hands one to you.

EDIT: I don't even think I have a Kangaskhan in any of my games yet >_>.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The Regi's in R/S, easily. I hate the darn braille and doing all the stuff with Wailmer and Relicanth...gah. I always tried to find easy ways to get around doing that, heck I even tried fishing for Wailords so I wouldn't have to raise a dumb Wailmer. In the end though, I just did the thing and then it took me at least 200 times combined to catch the three.

Other then that, Kangaskhan and Chansey are impossible to get in Red.

:048:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just caught the lake trio recently- Uxie was quite easy, I got Mesprit in 3 Ultra Balls, but Azelf.....

Azelf took me at least an hour to catch. It's definitely up there with Kangaskhan and Colosseum Entei for an annoying Pokemon to catch.

@NAKEDeDeDe- I could catch Chansey on my friends games, but I could hardly ever catch them on mine.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Bagon and Gibble in Platinum and to some extent Pearl. On Pearl took me at least 10 ultra balls. On Platinum I went Rage. In a last resort I chucked a poke ball at Gibble...and to more rage it worked...Bagon it took me my last reserve Pokeballs but I caught it with a pokeball.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'd have to say it was probably Ho-Oh when I played Gold (yes, that's right. I had issues with the first one you have to catch). Reason being: the freaking thing would always kill half my team with sacred fire and then just keep on recovering. D: After about my 30th time attempting to catch it (it seriously did take me AT LEAST that many times), I just killed it out of complete annoyance. And every time I play through now, I face it about 5 to 10 times, fail, and then kill it again. I honestly don't ever remember catching the lvl 40 version of it. I never had trouble catching the lvl 70 Lugia though, and when I had Silver I never had trouble with either the lvl 40 Lugia or lvl 70 Ho-Oh...ah well. I actually never really used Ho-Oh or Lugia anyway (I don't use legendaries in general...they sort of just sit there in my box), and I never had anyone to trade with so I could complete the pokedex. Thus, it never really bothered me if I murdered it out of frustration.

Oh, and as for catching legendaries in pokeballs...I caught my Dialga like that. COMPLETE luck. I swear it. I forgot to buy more catching items before I headed in, so my stock was pretty limited. I could maybe last 30 turns at maximum just trying to catch it. So I threw everything else first, and then I got down to my Pokeballs. On the very last one, I got up and walked away really quick to do something (don't ask why it couldn't wait...I honestly don't remember), and when I came back the ball was just sitting there, all awesome and amazing like it is. Ever since then, I try to just catch everything in Pokeballs. It actually works out better for me, for some reason. I also get up and walk away now for no apparent reason when going for tough catches. It also helps. XD

Darkslash

Smash Master
I

Oh, and as for catching legendaries in pokeballs...I caught my Dialga like that. COMPLETE luck. I swear it. I forgot to buy more catching items before I headed in, so my stock was pretty limited. I could maybe last 30 turns at maximum just trying to catch it. So I threw everything else first, and then I got down to my Pokeballs. On the very last one, I got up and walked away really quick to do something (don't ask why it couldn't wait...I honestly don't remember), and when I came back the ball was just sitting there, all awesome and amazing like it is. Ever since then, I try to just catch everything in Pokeballs. It actually works out better for me, for some reason. I also get up and walk away now for no apparent reason when going for tough catches. It also helps. XD
Funny thing is that Dialga and Palkia have the highest catch rates of all mascot legendaries(20). I caught my Palkia in 2 turns. 1 earthquake and 1 ultra ball.

Ohh yea Giratina. Took me 1 hour..also what pissed me off was that I caught him on Halloween and yet the game claims it was November 2nd. ****

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Pokemon don't seem to take me long to catch, and I even found Feebas after 5 or 6 squares of searching.

But apparently there's some mythical Pokemon called Kangaskhan. Does it even exist in Sinnoh or Kanto? Apparently it does, though I'm not sure my games believe me.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
r/s/e I would say Feebas just because of finding him in the first place. Once you did though it was easy. (I screwed up the pokeblocks for Milotic like three times and had to go back and refind the square that worked
In emerald (I forget if this thing happened in R/S as well) I just waited for the pokeblock master to come visit the contest hall. Then I blended some chesto berries with his and got my milotic quite fast.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ugg, chansey in G/S, it took me 3 hours to catch two. cause i wanted arodactly( I can't spell his name).

REGIROCK: I caught the other two regis relativly easily, but regirck took me 2 hours.

I can't say much about D/P, scine my friend hacked me masterballs......... But I did try to catch arceus for real. Well after 4 hours I threw a masterball at him and he broke free and I was like "0rly?"

Also not a ledgendary, but a bagon wich become my salamnce on spahire (wich got stolen) took my last ultra ball, thought I wouldn't catch it

For some rreason I have caught all miscolored pokemon easily, I have caught 5 out of 5 shinies, never missed one.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Talk about an excruciating long time with Ho-Oh Great Balls, and timer balls.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
I would say chansey but who doesnt have trouble with the... and also a shiny moltres I happened to run into that for some reason resisted all 40 of my ultra balls paralyzed and red life. Oh and, a little off topic, but I caught a feebas really easy like the second square i tried I found it so I guess that makes up for loosing a shiny moltres XD

pokesmashfighter

Smash Cadet
Scableye took 30 pokeballs and a premier ball for me. And I had just started emerald, so that was almost all of my money (ATM) on a Scableye.So...Scableye.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
registeel, 40 ultra balls and it had hardly any health left. I think only one. Then it struggled and died. @_@
I finally caught. Now its in my Pokemon Diamond version having some time off in the PC. Then there was that annoying hoho I killed >_>

Pikaluver

Smash Cadet
Entei on leaf green, the stupid thing was frozen and still kept running away! but i cuaght that idiot in about a week..............

rhan

Smash Hero
My longest pokemon to catch was Articuno on Blue version...

It was worth it in the long run.

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
Regice, Took me hours of nonstop power off and on after saves.

It damaged me mentally.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Azelf took forever for me in Diamond... level 40 Bronzong and level 5 Zubat using Hypnosis and Supersonic, still wouldn't cooperate

drcossack

Smash Ace
RBY: The Legendary Birds were a pain, but it's easily the Safari Zone. It took me at least a month to find the Kangaskhan I needed to finish my Red version's Pokedex.

Mewtwo didn't take as much effort for me; my lvl 56 Articuno froze him early, then I just whittled him down and caught him after 11 Ultra Balls. When I first played Red, I used my Master Ball on Snorlax. lol.

GSC: Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. UGHHHHHHHHHH. STOP RUNNING, YOU *******S!

Emerald/Leafgreen: Latios in Emerald, Moltres in LG. omg, catching Moltres was a total *****. For Latios, I had my Blaziken (level 49 I think) weaken him with Double Kicks every time I ran into him, then after repeatedly getting annoyed because he ran after my Ultra Ball failed, I went and found a Wobbuffet.

D/P: Mesprit and Cresselia, probably. Palkia gets an honorable mention for kicking my *** and forcing me to use the Masterball on it (since I didn't know about the enhanced catch rate.) I just hacked the hell out of Diamond and didn't have to worry about catching anything.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
the Safari Zone.
AHHHHH!!!! >< I HATE the Safari Zone/Great Marsh/etc. shenanigans. The whole system is just really frustrating.... the pokemon usually end up running after a few turns no matter what you do, and Safari Balls are pretty useless.

Whoever thought up the Safari Zone is a cruel person....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Spiritomb is the only non-event pokemon I have never owned yet...Mostly because I don't have anyone to link with and talk to underground...

Technically, whever I get that...I should be my most longest to get.

I actually want a spiritomb because I discovered through that Poketech app that a ghost/ dark has no weaknesses.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I would say Azelf, because it almost killed my entire party before I got with a timer ball, but then I got Leafgreen....

FOCKING RAIKOU! I don't know what the hell I should do about that monstrosity. I still haven't caught him. Unfortunately, it knows Roar. It runs the first chance it gets, unless I manage to trap it, in which case its only a matter of time before I get roar'd. It sux.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Cresselia is my first longest. I got it with my Wobbuffet up front ans spend an hour throwing ultra balls at it. After I caught it and saved my game, the DS battery died. I was really lucky.

Second is Beldum, that thing just will NOT give up. I eventually used a master ball I transfered from Sapphire. It just kept killing itself over and over again, not to mention it's nearly impossible to catch normally.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
In Yellow, my first run through I wasted my Master Ball, so I used Ultras to get Mewtwo. Burned through 40 or 50...

In Platinum, Giratina fainted my entire team three times before an Ultra Ball caught it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MUchkax is the freakin' hardest thing to find in platinum...

I need to breed at least 2 pokemon with it, yet I cannot find one.

Top Bottom