• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What None-Banana Tricks Do You Use?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
I am partial to the sliding Usmash. A quick dash to slamming up on the C-Stick leads to Diddy Kong sliding almost three body lengths throughout his Usmash. Fairly helpful for covering ground safely without glide tossing. You can be holding A as you do it if you're holding a banana and not throw the banana.

I also do a single jab. Quite a bit, at that. It can keep a chain of moves going very easily, and has decent knockback for the single jab move. I just make sure that I never fall into the natural combo, which kind of sucks.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I feel as though a lot of people really don't anticipate the uair.

Or the utilt. The utilt is incredible fast and it kills lighter characters and rather decent percentages. ..And by decent I mean I think it's like 130%. <_< The point is, is it gets it done.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
The Utilt is a huge part of my game. It combos well at low percents and kills at high. Double Utilt to Dtilt is one of my staple combo starters.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
short hopped Bair out of shield to fastfalled Nair works in some situations. In general I use Bair out of shield. Short hop Bair to monkey flip if he is shielding.

TreK

Is "that guy"
lol i started useing and loving diddy without bananas at first x)
Basically now i use it as a sorta second char, like if i was playing zelda/sheik to confuse my opp. Bonus is I don't need to wait 5 secs to mix up, i can just leave my nanas on the floor. I'm offensive as much as i can with nanas, plus mindgames, and defensive as hell with only surehit moves and lot of edgeguards without my yellow reapers. It kind of works well when i think of using it, dunno on experienced guys :p

Ah and beating nanahaters without nanas is my favourite thing in brawl. Ever.

Mizar

Smash Ace
OR give up and suicide. You forgot to mention that Az.

So basically you have two options. But I would only recommend one of them. Are you a bad enough dude to pick the right one?

Mizar

Smash Ace
LOL. You're not very good with fundamental internet humor, are you?
Oh, well it wasn't meant to make people ''ROFL'' in the first place though. It doesn't have a particular purpose. I'm just wasting my time reading bullshiz like you do right now.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Oh, well it wasn't meant to make people ''ROFL'' in the first place though. It doesn't have a particular purpose. I'm just wasting my time reading bullshiz like you do right now.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ you calling anyone's contributions to the Diddy Forums into question, especially AZ's.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think Alphazealot is a pretty cool guy, eh makes jokes and doesn't afraid of anything

but ehm yeah, about the topic, isn't diddy's whole metagame based off of banana's
/late reaction

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My comments are part humor, part seriousness. If you have no banana, my tactic changes immediately to either
1) Create enough room to pull out bananas (usually easillly accomplished with a mix up of Bairs, intentionaly overshooting the dash attack, or simply running away)
2) Intentionally not go into auto-pilot mode for number one and instead actually attempt to attack the person (this is assuming that they assume you will invariably attempt to pull out a banana soon), double airs are your best friend in this case.

DUB

Smash Lord
I've been using Diddy as a secondary now ever since I started maining bananas. Don't really have any tricks with him :ohwell:

Mizar

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOLOLOL @ you calling anyone's contributions to the Diddy Forums into question, especially AZ's.
By bull**** I meant the stuff you and I wrote. Too bad you didn't get that, otherwise it would be a pretty funny pleading.
Anyway, to clear things up for some people: Good info Az, I know you're just screwing around sometimes.

OT: ''intentionaly overshooting the dash attack'' This is what I use most of the time.
It confusing for opponents since its very unpredictable. You can have no bananas out, dash attack away and space with Bair if they chase you because they think you'll pull out naners.
Funny to pull off mindgames like that.

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Judging from the comments here, bananas are absolutely necessary for your gameplay. What if you encounter someone with better banana control? I understand that becomes harder the better you get with Diddy, but it could still happen.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You mean a non-Diddy player with better banana control?

I don't even know...I've never run into someone who can effectively control my bananas, not even Azen.

AntiPyroShyGuy

Banned via Administration
Lol, nobody has come up with anything besides just saying "bair"

Face it, without bananas diddy is one of the worst characters in the game.

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
My comments are part humor, part seriousness. If you have no banana, my tactic changes immediately to either
1) Create enough room to pull out bananas (usually easillly accomplished with a mix up of Bairs, intentionaly overshooting the dash attack, or simply running away)
2) Intentionally not go into auto-pilot mode for number one and instead actually attempt to attack the person (this is assuming that they assume you will invariably attempt to pull out a banana soon), double airs are your best friend in this case.
ow

im agreed with that. Grab is very useful to make some space, and pull out bananas. If you have the space to throw a banana without be punished for that, DownB is the best option, except of course, if the opponente is in a situation where he cant do anything, like when he trip, because u can grab him, that means get some damage, and u still with the space to pull out our yellow friend

IDK

Smash Lord
ok guys this thread is over. without bananas, ... ??? i quit brawl.

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Top Bottom