I'm quite happy with the choices we got - The Main Theme and Mumbo's Mountain were nostalgic musts, and they pair well with Spiral Mountain. The rest of the choices don't really pair with the stage but are all great choices - The TTC, GV, and MMM remixes are all amazingly well-done in bringing new life while staying faithful to the originals, and the Mr. Patches theme gives some good Tooie representation - Witchyworld was an excellent stage.
If I could add five more songs, however:
1. Click Clock Wood - I love all four seasons but the fast-paced wind ensemble jamboree of Spring, with its bird songs and cricket chirps, is the most iconic. Of course, Summer and Autumn are great, too, so I thought about a remix of all four seasons, but I find Winter a bit boring.
2. Glitter Gulch Mine - Not just any part of Glitter Gulch Mine but the epically fast-paced "Racin' with Mary" theme. It has that this very nice Appalachian/Scottish folk feel to it with its dueling banjos that pairs well with Spiral Mountain. It's also very nostalgic, representing both the first world of B-T and the minigame that gave many of us carpal tunnel.
3. Final Battle - Enough said.
4. Overworld Medley - I know Gobi's Valley has a nice, long tribute to Grunty's Lair, but I'd still like something more traditional. Start off with the first forty seconds of Grunty's Lair
, but instead of repeating the same section, skip right into the upbeat section that starts around the one minute mark. After twenty seconds of that, transition into the second part of Isle O' Hags
that begins at the 0:40 mark and let that build up until the one minute mark until switching to Jinjo Village
. Let a round of Jinjo Village play up until the 0:38 mark, and then go into the high, climactic finish of Isle O' Hags that starts at 1:38 and carry on until the pause at 2:06 before looping back to the beginning of Grunty's Lair. Speed it all up and you have a perfect two-minute medley.
5. World Medley - A little bit of everything that didn't get to stand alone. Twenty-five seconds of Hailfire Peaks
, then transition to 0:14 to 0:40 of Bubblegloop Swamp
, then 0:20 to 0:52 from Cloud Cuckooland
, then the first twenty-five seconds of Rusty Bucket Bay
, then 0:38 to 1:10 of Mayahem Temple
. Speed it all up and you have another nice two-minute medley.
Now that Diddy and Banjo are both here, I'd love to see some Diddy Kong Racing tracks get some love, too.