• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What move do you just HAVE to use?

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
What move do YOU use more then you should with ROB?

Personally, I spm dash attack WAAAAY too much. I'm trying to cut down on it, but when you hit with it, there are so many options. You can DA > Retreating jump + advacing Fair( fair above where you were standing) or at lower percents even DA> turnaround Fsmash.

How about you guys?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I grab a lot and D-throw, and I go for pummels (which I never see any ROB use). I almost never F-throw or B-throw except for KOs.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
gyro cancelling in air.
if im grounded...gyro charge to bait approach, shield cancel, and beep'em up.

Sudai

Stuff here
The only time I don't pummel is <50% (you can break in the time it takes for ROB to pummel once) or if I'm going for a surprise B/FThrow KO since they're so ****ed fast.

Kid Nino

Smash Cadet
I love the Gyro and the Lazer, but in terms of physical moves I'd go with F-air and U-throw.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I reverse gyro a lot. This should be a more of "What do you HAVE to do?" rather that what move we have to use. If that WAS the question, I would have to say that I have to be offstage. My ROB is the kind of ROBot that hits the opponent then air camps. It's so satisfying when they approach when you're offstage and you gracefully float away.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's wrong, Stingers. Every pummel goes into the queue. The reason it's like that for some characters is because their pummels are too fast. There's a timer for how fast things can be added to the queue. If you wanna test it yourself, pick Kirby. Max pummel speed, only Kirby's first jab goes into the queue. Delay your pummels a bit and they all go in. This timer is there so multi-hit moves don't go in multiple times (or so I assume). I actually proved this to UTD Zac this past weekend using the same test. ;]

ROB's lucky that his max pummel speed is slow enough to put them all into the queue.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL that's just a bad habit of mine. Don't take my example, you should pummel.

Though I heard only the first pummel refreshes your moves, after that it's just for damage and you risk losing the throw.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's wrong, Stingers. Every pummel goes into the queue. The reason it's like that for some characters is because their pummels are too fast. There's a timer for how fast things can be added to the queue. If you wanna test it yourself, pick Kirby. Max pummel speed, only Kirby's first jab goes into the queue. Delay your pummels a bit and they all go in. This timer is there so multi-hit moves don't go in multiple times (or so I assume). I actually proved this to UTD Zac this past weekend using the same test. ;]

ROB's lucky that his max pummel speed is slow enough to put them all into the queue.
**** HugS, lrn2read

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I can glide toss just fine, but I still get confused whenever I slide across FD in the blink of an eye, then I"m like "OMG WHAT DO I DO" and just end up jabbing. xD

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
A weird thing I like to do sometimes is hit do jump+nair at the same time, so you do the nair right above you and it kinda of eliminates the lag, because the lag frames happen while your jumping so its easier to hit with.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
I DA alot in general.

And with ROB, f-tilt kills are only marginally bad. Anyone(with exceptions) thats pathetic. xD

OhMySailboat

Smash Rookie
When I play some of my bad friends I can spam Ftilt all day and they can't handle it. It's very amusing, it's also why I nicknamed it Robot Punch.

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
xD Nice. When I play some of My n00bs friends I go Snake and just spam the first hit of ftilt on them, they don't know how to get out XD 50%+ easy. XD

TheMike

Smash Lord
Nobody said Dsmash. =(

Not even me at my first post in this thread. Dsmash is one of the most important ROB Moves. I said Jab as a personal opinion, but i still prefer it =] I <3 Jab

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Nobody said Dsmash. =(

Not even me at my first post in this thread. Dsmash is one of the most important ROB Moves. I said Jab as a personal opinion, but i still prefer it =] I <3 Jab

I'm kinda trying not to use d-smash, kinda sandbagging, Kind OS' soulcrushing. Me and my best friend kinda try and develop our characters without "****" moves. i'm developing my ROB with out a TON of dsmash/ Nair/camping, but I can use them. He develops his pikachu without really abusing dsmash or thunder, so when we play against a tough opponent and we use those moves we feel better. xD And it's funny because I don't camp with my ROB; i'm more aggro, so when I camp even minimally people that play me often are like OMG SPAM! and I'm thinking "I'm not spamming, I just don't play conventional ROB", or if I use dsmash in a match more then I usually do they get really ticked off. Most of this is online though, I haven't played against anyone with any real skill down in FL. (I'm trying to meet w/ someone but its kinda tough)

What I guess I'm trying to say is to not use moves like dsmash if you don't have to- it helps you discover your character, and if you can get good without dsmash then it seems even MORE deadly when you do use it. My friend plays a beastly pikachu, and he doesn't abuse dmsmash or thunder, doesn't even know pikachu has CGs(I'm not planning on telling him +.+) and doesn't do QAC trixies either. So when he plays against someone really good, or someone who spams well he becomes even more deadly. I rarely camp on less I'm on Japes facing Snake, and the one time I really camped I was amazed. was on wifi with said pikachu(like- no lag) he had 2 lives with 80& and I had 1 with 40%. I started camping HARD, and I uthrowed him off the top of FD for his last stock. I had 180% and he had 160%. I was amazed.

Top Bottom