• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What melee levels SHOULD have been in brawl ?

SilverLanayru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilverLanayru
3DS FC
1977-0801-2134
Switch FC
SW-1383-4892-7702
Most definitely the Fountain of Dreams and Fourside stages (especially the Fourside music) should've been in Brawl >___< Yoshi's Story stage (and that music in it) could be another good stage that should've been in Brawl...

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I loved Fountain of Dreams. If it was ported into Brawl UNCHANGED, I would have been really happy, but Sakurai would have probably changed it to make the floor be slippery or something.

DetLuigi

Smash Rookie
I liked Fourside, Super Mario bros 2, and Peach's castle. And I'm really disappointed that they didn't even bring back the music from Fourside, SMB2 or Great bay...those were the best songs!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Kholdstare's Super Secret Link-Up/Work Space

So I've been recently playing some of my old games and rediscovering the ones I love. This has led me to compile a list, and I want SWF's feedback on the games I've chosen. Note: these are my favorite not the best. There are clearly better games than these.

10. Marvel vs. Capcom 2

MvC2 was the first fighting game I've ever played. IT got me into the fighting game genre, and without it I probably wouldn't be posting here today. The different characters and playstyles were diverse and I loved the idea of Mega Man fighting Venom to the death. The fighting was extremely fun, it took skill, and the replay value was the greatest of any game I've ever played. The team mechanic was also quite awesome; Morrigan, War Machine, and Mega Man? Yes, please.

9. Spiderman 2: Enter Electro
I may be the only person who has played this game, but I highly enjoyed it. You played through as Spiderman, facing many of the notorious villains of the series, including Shocker, Lizard, and Hammerhead. The titicular villain, Electro, offers an interesting challenge. He's not hard, but the boss battle in the observatory and on top of the roof where he achieves god-like power is one of the most memorable I've ever faced. That's not all. You can customize your suit with different powers or get different suits based on different forms of Spiderman throughout the series: the Symbiote suit, X, Peter Parker (no suit lolz) and even The Encredible Bag Man. It also introduced the web-swinging mechanic used in Spiderman 2 on the PS2.

8. Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
MasterWarlord was the one who piqued my interest in this RTS a while back, and I'm still enjoying it. While the money-burning grindfest WoW takes the spotlight for Blizzard, WCIII is a much better game. The campaign takes forever, but I love it; games that have a short lifespan bore me. The real fun is the custom games, as you can play a regular war on your own time as much as you want. There are four races with different skills, but I personally prefer undead, the power-hungry Scourge. The greatest thing I love is the World Editor. It's basically what the developers used to create all maps and units; it's putting the game in your hands. You can make almost anything, so there is literally an infinite amount of content available. What other game offers that?

7. Mega Man X
It was the first game I bought on the SNES, and I loved every bit of it.

6. Chrono Trigger
5. Mega Man 9
4. Shadow of the Colossus
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Okami
1. Tetris

Rejuvenation
Sunrise
Bloom
Water Lily
Vine
Crescent
Veil of Mist

Power Slash
Cherry Bomb
Waterspout
Galestorm
Inferno
Thunderstorm
Blizzard
Fireburst
Whirlwind
Deluge
Thunderbolt
Ice Storm

Power of the Brush Gods

Amaterasu's power in Okami is the Celestial Brush, a tool that allows you to stop time momentarily and paint on the world with black ink, in a style much like that of the game's major appeal, the Japanese art-style and scroll-type calligraphy. Ammy brings it over to Smash almost identically!

To use the Celestial Brush, simply use Amaterasu's Neutral Special. The game will pause and switch to a screen much like the above. You can turn and move the camera just like in-game when you pause. Now is the time for you to draw one of 19 Celestial Brush Techniques. Some of them are situational, but on the whole you can do most of them in any match.

Now, it seems like a stalling technique, right? Actually, there are limitations. You'll have a maximum of two seconds to draw your Brush Technique. This is plenty of time to draw one technique, but if you want to get skilled with Amaterasu I advise getting the motions down to memory in training. You can only draw one technique on one "canvas" at a time. If this wasn't the case then the game would mistake some brush techniques for others (i.e. Whirlwind instead of three Power Slashes).

Amaterasu has an Ink Pot Stock beneath her regular stocks. Different Brush Techniques use different amounts of ink, and when Amaterasu runs out of ink she loses her weapon, crimson highlights, and the ability to use the Celestial Brush until three ink pots are restored. Basically, with no ink she's a normal wolf. Obviously you do not want this to happen, so conserve ink and don't use more than the limit. How does it replenish? One ink pot fills up every second, and Ammy has 25 stocks of ink pots.

Now, Amaterasu has plenty of Brush Techniques for attacks, so she has no Smashes, Aerials, or Throws. She still has a grab, though, but I'll get to that later. This isn't a cop-out to be lazy, Ammy actually has a lot MORE attacks than the regular moveset. There just isn't a lot of actual attacks in-game besides the Celestial Brush.

One more thing: if there are multiple Ammy's in the same fight, they can use Brush Techniques whenever there is a "canvas" out. The game will give additional Ammy's time to draw if they start theirs, but the same "one drawing per use" rule still applies to each one, meaning a maximum of four Brush Techniques can happen at once.

Statistics

Size 6
Amaterasu is about as tall as Mario, who is actually shorter than the "average", but is long and built like a wolf.
Weight 5
Amaterasu is in the middle when it comes to weight.
Run Speed 7
Ammy's run is actually pretty good.
Dash Speed 9
Amaterasu dashes with an intense speed, like a northern wind. She even out-ran Kazegami, the god of winds, one time.
First Jump 7
Amaterasu's first jump is really nice, but not the best.
Second Jump 10
Her second jump, however, is amazing and easily is the best midair jump in the game, right up there with Yoshi's flutter jump.
Traction 9
Ammy can turn on a dime and rarely ever trips; she's a god, after all.
Wall Jump 10
Amaterasu's wall jump is on par with her midair jump, and she could easily just recover up the side of Yoshi's Island with it.

Specials

Neutral Special --- Celestial Brush
Side Special --- Divine Intervention
Up Special --- Konohana Blossom
Down Special --- Weapon Change

Reflector Standard --- Five Winds
Glaive Standard --- Four Shears
Rosary Standard --- Spirit Armageddon
Dash Attack --- Hardhead
+ Amaterasu's out-of-combat "attack", Hardhead, is her means of destroying objects and opening treasure chests (without the Power Slash, of course). It's a simple ram with her head that makes her dash a few feet in front of her. Ammy's head is a hitbox that deals 6% and okay knockback. It has the power to break any destroyable stage piece or "container" item, such as a Crate or Smash Ball. The ending lag is pretty terrible, as Ammy stumbles forward from missing, so you should only use it if you know you're gonna hit something.

Reflector Tilt --- Mirror Shield
Glaive Tilt --- Sword Dance
Rosary Tilt --- Bullet Bead
Up Tilt --- Issun
+ Amaterasu's partner, Issun, comes out for this move. He'll brandish his tiny brush/sword and says something, which appears on the bottom of the screen
Down Tilt --- Digging Champ

Grab --- Bite

SUNRISE

A Celestial Brush power mastered by the sun god Amaterasu. Draw a simple circle in the sky and it will transmute into the sun. This enlightening power is known as Sunrise.

* Sunrise Tips *

If you cannot see the sky, adjust your view before drawing. Take care when beginning and ending the motion and close the circle. That should help shed some light on Sunrise.

[ 1 Ink Pot ]

REJUVENATION

One of the 13 Celestial Brush powers. Mastered by Yomigami. Fill in areas where something once existed to restore that object. This fulfilling power is known as Rejuvenation.

* Rejuvenation Tips *

Don't aim for artistic beauty. Just fill it in as best as you can.

[ 1 Ink Pot ]

POWER SLASH

One of the 13 Celestial Brush powers. Mastered by Tachigami. Etch a sharp and straight line, and the ink becomes like a blade. This is the Power Slash, a move that can slice through almost anything.

* Power Slash Tips *

As long as the stroke is straight, it needn't be long. if your lines come out curvy, hold Z or R as you draw. When properly aligned, multiple targets can be cut at once. The Control Stick can be used to adjust the camera angle to get a better view even while you are drawing with the B or Z Button. Don't be sloppy with the brush.

The Power Slash is the main way of attacking with the Celestial Brush in Okami. It is a simple straight line through the enemy, but it also works on destroyable objects. To use it, simply draw a straight, horizontal line. It doesn't have to be perfectly horizontal, but anything above 45º up or down will result in a failure. The Power Slash has the strength of Meta Knight's uncharged FSmash, so spam away as you see fit.

[ 1 Ink Pot ]

CHERRY BOMB

[ Game Description ]

[ Art Tips ]

[ Combat Uses ]

[ Ink Pots ]

The Cherry Bomb, you guessed it, blows stuff up. It typically needs to be used on cracks on the wall or ground. Sometimes it needs to be used for more unorthodox things, such as activating elevators. Cherry Bombs can also be used in combat, but aren't very effective because how long it takes for them to explode. The Cherry Bomb is huge, being the size of Bowser. The

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
DL64 would have been a really great addition to this game as well as the inevitable response of pokefloats, but it was my counterpick in melee and now its bye bye.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
If we had all those stages in melee, it would be de ja vu all over again and there would be way to many neurtals to pick from.

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
dream land and saffron city :D

i know they are both from the N64... no need to tell me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only reason Big Blue made it is because Port Town Aero Dive is a semi-clone of Mute City. I still love MC, but it didn't bother me that much.

I was fine with Brinstar, as Depths was a bit riduclous to fight on, although a bit better than the two new stages...

Dreamland, whether 64 or Melee version. Then again, TWO new Kirby stages would've been nice...

Rainbow Ride sucked, should've been Peach's Castle. Much more fun and hazardous.

Hyrule Temple is still more playable than New Pork City, but oh my god, was it boring to play on sometimes. Great Bay was a lot of fun, and would've been another escuse for a water stage(which we could have more BETTER ones than what was available).

I was okay with Onett, but Fourside was awesome too.

Poké Floats should've been in, and I wouldn't have minded the original Flatzone.

Every 64 stages was awesome. They could've atleast brought back the Metal Cave! Or atleast the music...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Dreamland 64 was great, same with Great Bay.

I also really liked Pokefloats too.

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
I would definitely want Dreamland 64 and Yoshi's story. I love flat stages with platforms ^_^

"X"

Smash Rookie
Fourside, Fountain of Dreams, and the Kirby 64 stage. I knew that the Fountain of Dreams wouldn't have been in Brawl, but I wanted it to be in there badly.

Top Bottom