• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kirby Do You Have?

M----

Smash Rookie
i use the pink kirby and i like to use many arial attacks. im usually in the air and i barley use any other attack. when i grab some one i always throw hiom towards the edge so i usually kirbycide by mistake. i started to use more ground attacks than before and i short jump and L cancel. i dont fast fall cause im not use to it yet. i just recently staryed wavedashing. when i play now i like my kirby movey so im always rolling and wavedashing around my opponent so he has trouble hitting me. when im about to die because of high damage i hang around the edge of the stage so that i could get a kirbycide or swallowcide or watch my opponent fall down to his death because of a mistake. I like to use Bair and Fair to intercept people and i barley smash these days. my tactics are first speed then attack and then defense. i consider the rolling and spot doges as speed cause your moving around. i think i have to up my defense cause its a little low. and i have trouble playing against fox/falco and marth/roy i hope i eventually get help in this.

so i guess thats about it.

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy shffling the bair, ledgecamping, and a kirbycide whenever i need it and can pull it off!

Sgt. Spontaneous

Smash Rookie
I feel very obligated to respond to this....hehehe

In SSB64, I am awesome. I'm a close fighter, using quick attacks to kick and punch. Then I turn aerial bound when they're over the edge, use down + A to kick them straight down, use my remaining jumps to stay alive.

Kirbycide, without the cide....haha, in Melee, Kirby can walk with someone in his mouth, so I edge guard and fall off, using my jumps to keep me alive

Dolphin-Safe

Smash Apprentice
I like to d-throw tech chase people constantly to annoy the hell out of them. It does a pretty good job too, especially if you can predict a get up attack and squeeze a taunt in before grabbing them again ^_^

Nashun

Smash Ace
=( Some characters are almost impossible to tech chase if they DI/tech the right way. If they don't tech, though, it makes it 300 times easier ^_^

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I only play Kirby for fun (not as my main)

I play agressive I think as I often use a Fair Bair or dair to get in close. Then L-cancel and grab/d-tilt

Sometimes I Kirbycide, but only when my opponent has some damage and I am ahead one stock. I then Grab and Backthrow - suicide. The catch is that they can get away if they are quick and then I often only suicide :(

I love the drill- D-tilt combo and I sometimes use that to much :p
Of stage edge guarding with Kirby is fun to^^

jazblack009

Smash Ace
i pick every colour ^_^
actually i mimick the colour my oponent has picked so if i'm versing yoshi i'm green, if i'm versing pikachu i'm yellow
i dun like pink and yellow kirby much though >.>
as for play style... i think i just like to combo as much as possible, so that means i'm an arial and grab spammer mostly. but i enjoy playing kirby because he's a challenge to play with and verse if you know nothing of him.
kirby ftw

pirkid

Smash Lord
Pink Kirby pwns.
I run into the fight, then i shield, looking for an opening.
Then i jump up and go crazy with aerials, then back down again for shield and rolls.
I'm pretty good at annoying Link iwth edge-guard (Lairon=Link, next guy I must beat)
If I get a pretty high %, I cliff-hang and wait for him to come to me, bacause I can cliff hang forever.
Then, un-expected, I jump up, swallow, walk off, shoot out near blast line, then D-Air and die with him.
And i rule in multi-player matches, in one vs one I don't really shine. (Unless that person gets aggravated easily, which means the game is mine.
I usually use grabs when they think I would smash. as I'm good with grabbing with Kirby.
One vs One, I'll go back to Marth or Mario, thank you very much.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I've changed my style a bit.

I'm using the Hammer more now, as I rarely used it before, and I'm using a lot of D-air -> [Move] comboes. Dair -> U-tilt chain -> U-air is a good one, even if you can only get one U-tilt in on a floaty. I also like The Upthrow more, and I'm using my Wavedash slightly less. I still use it. Offense is in the air, Defense is Crouching, or shielding.

I'm not too big on the Kirbycides, Swallowcides, etc, but I will use them if the opportunity arises. I prefer the Old Fashioned Ledgecutter combo.

I use the Blue Kirby, as my character at my site, and most online sites is a Blue Tornado Kirby.

SW_BoD

Smash Cadet
I play a blue kirby named Bob (don't ask), and I use his aerials the most (uair and bair the most). I tend to be very aggressive, with a lot of throws and dash attacks used. I don't tend to do suicide throws, although i do love them, and I'm quite the terrible edgeguarder. However, I'm getting better, since i decided to reduce "peach time" to practice with kirby. My biggest rival? A certain evil red kirby named Steve (again, don't ask).
That gave me a good laugh! I'll name mine jeff!
(on topic)
I usually am very"floaty" around the enemy, ver close, yet not close enough, dodging each attack, then rush in for the kill, usually using fair and dair for the uproah, into an up air, into bair or uair.

I love to kirbycide, but not to the extent that I kill myself.
I also love meteor smashing.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I play a very mixed-up Kirby that tends to either be very, very far away from the other guy or very, very close with little time at mid-range. I find Kirby does very, very poorly at mid-range, since it's the type of range that Marths like and at least at far-range (although it's decidedly nasty when a good Falco is SHLing you to death or when facing Spamus) you can convince a few characters to approach you, which gives a bit of time to prepare something... not necessarily something effective or offensive but something to work with. That doesn't mean I camp - I'm usually moving when they are and when they aren't. But I'm usually not in a hurry to rush after them unless I want to kind of change the pace or try and make them whiff or I have a strong incentive to do so. I play really evasively.

Although I play close or far away, I think my game needs a lot of work in terms of which attacks I'm using. Movement-wise I think I'm okay but actual fighting is where I really fall short. Usually I use tilts when - in hindsight - I could have WDed back and then approached with a F-air or hit with an F-smash or something. I really dislike risks... and wind up losing a lot because I saw an opportunity but didn't take it as well as I could have. I tend to predict a lot but have major problems capitalizing on my successful predictions. Once again, I find myself using too many tilts and too few punishing counter-attacks like the Hammer or D-smash. Hopefully that'll be fixed with practice.

I love edgeguarding, air-guarding and all that crazy edge stuff. It's probably the only thing I do right consistently. I also like his airs (notably the f-air and b-air) but don't tend to stay in the air for too long unless I'm air-guarding with b-air, trying to land in safety or just faking them out.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
well, i can safely say my experience with skills with kirby have reached an all time low. i was at a tourney and I lost to a fox in sudden death. it was a 2 stock 2 min match.

anyway, i recently noticed my kirby changed. it is more of a well rounded mix. he doesnt kirbycide anymore. he still sucks at sudden death, but what can you do about it. maybe i'll begin to play sudden death matches for a while to get better at them.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I used to use Jiggs as my main for a while and I got used to doing a lot of edge camping. Therefor my style has addapted to playing as Kirby. My style of edge camping had to change when I switched though because their moves are somewhat different. But I use the hammer and my neutral air a lot now. I also tend to spend some time sucking people up, but thats just to make them mad :). Kirbycides are fun to though, espesially when you're pwning someone really hard that you just can't resist to finish them off like that!

I can't find the pun either>.<

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Woo, time for another post in this topic.

As of late, I'vebeen bairing MCUH more. D-tilt and B-air remain my 2 most commonly used moves, with D-smash, F-air, D-air and F-tilt also used. I've gotten better at swallowciding and surviving it, as well as using the "Upthrow reset" maneuver.

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
I'm an all rounder when it comes to kirby, I'm pretty gd w/ him seeing as hes my main. but one move i love cos it just looks so stupid is the kirbycide where u F Throw someone of an edge and u just plummet.
It rele annoys ppl :D

Sully1113

Smash Cadet
KIRBY #1!! i had kirby games for super nintendo and i had ssb for n64. i love blue or grenn kirby. kirbycides are hilarious to do (expecially to my brother who says i am cheap) . i do think that kirby shood be higher up in the teirs too. way to go Kirbs

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I, as a kirby player, like the edge games, edge gaurd, egde hog and kirbicide, you know the works.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I just started using Kirby a few days ago and I have a tendency of using Marth-ish tactics. I like to play around and do some kirbycide moves, and I fair, utilt, dsmash, and fsmash a lot (like marth).

Pink kirby FTW

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Change your F-smashes to F-tilts and D-tilts. It will help a lot. ;)

StaticJim

Smash Rookie
it usually depends on how many players there are... :confused:

*note this is all FFA i am talkin about*

1 vs 1 full blown offence

1 vs 2 mix between offence and def

1 vs 3 ledge camp

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Wow my gameplay has changed since I last posted here.

I'm using lots of SHFFLed fairs now, and I'm using the WD to utilt more too. I'm becoming more and more bair reliant but I'm not quick enough turning around to be able to comfortably SHFFL bairs; usually mine are full jumped with something else, sometimes a dair or a second bair, coming out when I'm landing. My usage of ftilt is dropping and it's now being used almost primarily as an edgeguard setup at higher percents. I'm starting to value dtilt's range and small height over ftilts slight damage advantage in close quarter combat.

I dunno... I'm finding ftilt more and more "meh" the more I use it. Dtilt outranges it, utilt actually sets something up, etc. Maybe I'm not seeing the value of it but I'm not using it as much as I used to (for better or worse). Although that doesn't mean I've stopped using it... it does a few things for me that dtilt doesn't. Namely intercepting people coming in for aerials.

For some reason I'm using swallow for powers a bit more often but that's probably because I'm playing Falco and Sheik more often. SHDL on a Kirby is pretty cool. I'm pretty consistent on surviving the Kirbycide on anyone but the 1 framers... still working on the one frame timing.

Still trying to work in the ground hammer.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
white kirby...played like the Doc I usually am...lots of WDing pointlessly, b-airs, grabbing, D-smashes and f-tilts. Unfortunately I also use too many n-airs, and not enough f-airs

I usually copy if playing anyone with a B projectile, again, as a Doc main I can't help wessing with projectiles, and I have REALLY good aim with projectiles. I don't get YLs though...its range is bad enough when not cut in half by Kirby's copy. If I don't copy I taunt when able..."HiiIIii!"

I'm horrible at Kirbicide, though not when using the B-throw.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I like using Y. Link's arrows when I'm recovering high. Charge the arrow as I descend to the ledge, shoot it at the edgeguarder, grab ledge. It's also fun to shoot them at Y. Link as he's trying to recover, or to use it while jumping at or away from him.

You're right, the range is pretty bad, but it still has it's uses.

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you don't wanna charge those suckers up. Why? I'll do the math for you.

Stationary + distance + Young Link = bad

You get caught charging up one of those things, you might just eat a few projectiles at the same time.

However, if you do wish to use arrows (for they aren't horrid) just do a jump normally as if you were moving in for an attack, then launch a quick arrow. It should land around the time you land, giving you a few more options for attack.

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
I usually wait for my opponent to attack. I dodge, grab, and then start comboing him.
And, about the taunt. I don't use it much. Sometimes when I kill someone.

Top Bottom