• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Kirby Do You Have?

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
You gotta taunt, man, that's one of the few things Kirby's got going for him! The taunt in fighting is actually amazing, when you think about it. You gotta use it mid fight. Why? That's when people rush in. If they're far away and you taunt, they might rush in and try to hit you. Now, since they're rushing at you, you can jack them up after your taunt is done... assuming you don't suck at that time.

On the subject of taunting, I'll say this. Buttcrust is just mad at me because he can never hit my Young Link while it's taunting.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Whenever I taunt, my opponent taunts. Usually, they have a longer taunt, giving me a free hit. If they don't, they usually run in just in time for me to dodge their attack, shield grab, or do somehting else.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
I like to taunt when my buddy who plays marth tries to play the waiting game, just wanting me to go first. "No way" i say and just annoy the crap out of him. It really works because thats kirbys taunt, annoyinh, repetitive, etc.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
My kirby is yellow, Pacman, eating anything in my path.

as fa as my play style goes, i figured if i wanted a hard hitting KOer i should find someone else. so i try to be fast, try to be up close, not leting the enemy much time to think. building up dammage for a nice tilt of the edge and try to edge guard.

cheap kills and kirbycides might not be the bet thing to rely on, so i try not to get dependant on it, but if i see an opening, i dont hessitate to take the poor bastar of the edge with me.

Edge guarding and air guarding is a big part of my game, so i try to pick smaller stages, where it is easier to get the enemy off the ground and pull of a cheap kill.
Also, i find building up a lot of dammage and suprise with a good D-Smash / U-air very effective, so i spend a lot of my time up close to the opponent, stresing them as much as possible. and i know there is nothing more frustrating then a crouching kirby, most attacks will fly right over Kirby, leavng me to grabing, D-smash/tilting.

dai1313

Smash Rookie
I use his aerials the most, jump atack flee (taunt if nessesary) repeat, that's my style.
I was never a fan of kirbycideing but ledge camping is great too.

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
Heh of course I play differently against different characters........however in the back of my mind.....going to the edge is always a must.....something that inevitably happens because of player distraction.

Oh yah and I'm Black and White kirby..........DESTROYER of colored characters.

craigrawzzz

Smash Rookie
i always use his taunts, after evry K.O or just at the start of the match, i think it squitecute! and i use the "white gothic kirby" as someone has said to me on numerous occasions, i named him Cray, as in my nickname lol.

Top Bottom