• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What kind of Final Fantasy content do you want to see in Ultimate?

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
Kinda weird how that the one Final Fantasy game represented in Smash is a Sony exclusive game made at the point when Square hated Nintendo. A few nods to Final Fantasy's Nintendo history would be a lot better than focusing on the anti-Nintendo game that makes Cloud look like he doesn't belong. A few spirits for Moogles, Cid, Squall, Yuffie, Tifa, Zack Fair, Auron, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Cactaur, Chocobo, Vivi, Dark Mage, Seifer, Setzer, Fujin, Raijin, Yuna, Rikku, Paine and Sephiroth. Hopefully, this many spirits could make up with the underrepresentation of Final Fantasy. But if we don't get any spirits at all, I'd wonder why they would bother to put Cloud in?
Definitely agree with this. I wanted Squall in Smash in some form or another. Kinda disappointed but I am content with Cloud and Seph cause they're more popular.

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm not much of an FF fan, but I'd be down for anything that isn't from VII. Yes, it's probably the best well-known game in the series, and I'm definitely not about to complain about Cloud and Sephiroth being in, but with sixteen mainline games to its name, it feels wrong that the only non-FFVII content in Smash consists of just one Spirit and one Mii Costume.

There are so many ways more content could be added (I'd personally be down for having Black Mage as a fighter), but like I said, I'm not really a FF guy in general, so I'm not the best guy to get into all that. I just really hope something from the wider FF universe makes its way into Smash 6 in some form.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If we got more Final Fantasy content in smash besides a fighter or spirits or Mii costume I want Kefka stage that is Statue of The Gods which consist of 4 sequences that could change music in every sequence and looks really awesome and epic which FFXIV showed us how it works.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
As someone who has little FF knowledge outside of VII, here's what I'd like to see:
  • Black Mage is an iconic character, and I'd like to see more mages in Smash. Perfect way to represent the classic FF games!
  • Chocobo or Moogle could make for fun additions if they wanna go the silly route.
  • Kefka is cool af, probably the FF character I'd be the most hype for if he got announced.
  • Tifa's cool. I'd rather the next character not be from VII but I'd play Tifa if she got in.
  • Some sort of FFXIV rep might make the most sense to add next. Might be the most popular game in the series behind VII, with it currently having a very active playerbase and all.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i think the most likely final fantasy rep would be Zack as an echo fighter for Cloud in the next smash game due to the fact many square-enix characters will have to compete for a spot in the next smash game,

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personally, I think that it'd be ideal to represent more of Final Fantasy as a whole. Obviously the main focus is characters, but there's only so many times we can say that Black Mage would be a very good and fun addition. My thoughts are on the other stuff.

As of now, Final Fantasy VII is considered its own series, which to an extent? I actually understand the mentality. I mean, there's a lot of media under the FFVII label, and if the next character we see is someone like Tifa or perhaps even Vincent, I'd not be opposed in the slightest. However, I'd say there's a lot of room in Smash for more Final Fantasy content overall. Maybe introduce a couple of stages, some Assist Trophies, that sort of thing? I mean, seeing locations like the Chaos Shrine to represent classic FF in here, as well as perhaps some newer places too, that sounds fun! And I'd adore seeing a Magitek mecha as perhaps an Assist Trophy.

That aside, there's a lot of Final Fantasy to represent, and I think focusing on FFVII is actually a good move from their part. I mean, what if you're a FFV fan and the next thing you know, the only representation your favourite game gets is one single song (Battle on the Big Bridge most likely) and Bartz can't even get in as a Spirit because the other ones are taken up with the task of representing the behemoth that is Final Fantasy? Consider, for a moment, that in this circumstance, it's possible that even characters like Aerith wouldn't have gotten a Spirit as of now purely because of how many characters they need to represent somehow. It's not an ideal situation by any means, but FFVII is probably the most popular of the bunch, plus it gives them space to branch outward from an established "series" as required.

Tl;dr, I'd love to see Smash represent Final Fantasy as a whole, but I feel that Final Fantasy might be a bit too big to really give it justice.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Tl;dr, I'd love to see Smash represent Final Fantasy as a whole, but I feel that Final Fantasy might be a bit too big to really give it justice.
thats true usually franchises with switching main characters or villains in every new game isnt easy to get represented properly unless if its fire emblem
thats why i also see Black Mage and Jack Frost as the definite choice for most fans of FF and SMT due to them being iconic and recurring all the way from the beginning

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
thats true usually franchises with switching main characters or villains in every new game isnt easy to get represented properly unless if its fire emblem
thats why i also see Black Mage and Jack Frost as the definite choice for most fans of FF and SMT due to them being iconic and recurring all the way from the beginning
I agree on that front. (I personally think Jack Frost should have been the first SMT rep but that's not a discussion for this thread LMAO) I understand at least that Final Fantasy would choose Cloud, its arguably most recognisable character, even if Black Mage is a better representation for the series as a whole.

Top Bottom