• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is YOUR favorite stage?

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
Just wondering what everyones favorite stage is, and why.
(just thought I'd make this topic since I have nothing to do atm)

For me it would probably have to be Lyat cruise. the background, music, and simplistic stage itself makes what i think is an awesome addition to brawl. ("Corneria" music track ftw).

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Smashville because of the floating platform, simplicity, and the KK Slider concerts.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Mark it two for Smashville. This stage is my favorite because it's not difficult to get back onto the stage after being knocked off. Not only this, but the background is awsome and it's a nice, simple flat stage with nothing stupid that can come in and interupt the match. I've had the most epic battles there as well.

Osi

Smash Ace
My favorite is the new yoshi island, it's balanced enough to be neutral, and is so beautiful.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Mine is a tie between Battlefield and Frigate Orpheon. Frigate Orpheon is fun for enclosed matches, and Battlefield is the new FD for me.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Distant planet. Love the music and the atmosphere, the way it changes to monsoon season, the giant creature that appears and eats you, the design...everything.

SilverPaladin

Smash Rookie
Shadow Moses Island.

I love the combobility of the zone; it really opens up new strategies that aren't necessarily feasible in other more open zones.

Jungle Japes.

I've loved this since SSBM, and it's just as good in SSBB. It's a rare enough stage that most people aren't really experienced enough in the nuances of it; using it as counterpick I've beaten players superior to myself on it, so it's my "secret level" when I'm getting pounded. The stage is similar enough to BF/FD that it doesn't require a lot of new strats on my part, but the water is a great addition. I love the fact that you can use the water as a fast transportation mode and it helps counter people who spike a lot.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Smashvil
I love the cheezy music and the stage is basic for a good tournament battle. Most of the stages distrace you so theres not much stages that u can actuly have a fair fight.

My favorite stage in Melee is Dream Land. I dont mind the tree blowing people off the stage =D

Ryancbigfoot

Smash Rookie
My favourite stage...hm...well.... thats a tough one well I like New Port City :laugh:, Distant Planet and well Battlefield. My favourite would have to be Drum roll please. brrrrrrrrrrrr BANG Distant PLANET:laugh::laugh::urg::laugh::psycho:

Wolf-Link

Smash Rookie
Well my fave stages are Hyrule Temple from melee, Shadow Moses Island very spacious and the music makes the battle exciting... the bridge from twilight princes... can't remember the name... and Final Destination..

and well a stage i created.. :) called 3 floor rumble..

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
nice, nice. its always refreshing to hear the opinions of others. anyone else? also, smashville slipped my mind. that stage is probably on the same level as Lyat cruise for me. it is indeed, really fun to play on.
the music is just great too.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Shadow Moses Island.
Walk-off edges may be annoying, but the BREAKABLE walls, and the platform positioning, and finally the music... I love it.

As for tournament neutral stages, Smashville is great. Especially when 2:00 a.m. or The Roost are playing. :chuckle:

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Smashvile, and Yoshi Island. Too bad they took Dreamland64 and Fountain of Dreams away, my two favorite stages.
Also love Luigi's Mansion, specially its music, but is not very good to fight.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Skyworld, Hanenbow, Pokemon Stadium 1&2, Spear Pillar, Halberd and Castle Seige.

Too bad they didn't bring back any N64 stages.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
My two favorites are the old pokemon stadium and delfino plaza. the new pokemon stadium sucks. i hate when it turns into the electric place with the stupid conveyer belts. i like delfino plaza because i really enjoyed the game and the Rico harbor and Delfino plaza music are awesome.

D

Deleted member

Smashville. K.K. Rider ftfw! I also like Lylat Cruise. the Corneria music on that stage is win.

kirbario7

Smash Cadet
If i could only choose 1 stage it would have to be warioware inc.

top 5 not in order

1.Warioware inc
2. Yoshi island
3. pirate ship
4.luigi's mansion
5.75m

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
No love for Pictochat? ;_;

I have to say, though, that New Pork City's music almost made me choose it. It's just so...massive... If it was a half-decent size it'd be no contest.

Shadowmaim

Smash Rookie
I want to say WarioWare, but there just weren't enough microgames. I'd probably end up going with Norfair, cause you just gotta love when you get in the safepod and can laugh at everyone hit with the lava wave. Temple is right up there too, gotta love the fight club, saved me from the dragoon twice now.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
(in no order) Halberd, Pirate Ship, Wario Ware, Spear Pillar, Pokemon Stadium 1&2, Port Town, Hyrule Temple, Frigate Orpheon, Bridge of Eldin

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Cant choose, but I really like Smashville

_Marth-Master_

Smash Rookie
Spear Pillar...........i like it cause of the change in gravity and it makes everything inverted...........i hate it cause all three of the pokemon seem to like killing me........-_-

Spear Pillar is very........unpredictable.........thats why i like it.............

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
Delfino plaza .

But lylat cruise with wolf's theme is also pure epicness :]

gantrain05

Smash Master
my favorite is the ssbm pokemon stadium, cuz it can be a nice neutral fighting zone, and then change outta nowhere, but even when its changed its never really too unfair, i also like the bridge of eldin. as a close 2nd

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I like really gimmicky stages; the stages were there are always distractions/obsticals so you can probably imagine that I'm not too happy in tournament settings. lolz. so, in no particular order...

Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Mushroomy Kindgdom
Mario Circuit
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Warioware (Ashley's Theme ftw)
Bridge of Eldin
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island(Melee* and Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Ride
Rumble Falls
Castle Siege
The Summit
Mario Bros

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Melee's Jungle Japes.

Always been my favourite stage, and even now, graphically, it competes well with the Brawl Stages. That and the platform placement is superb for meteors :D

Zixion

Smash Cadet
Spear Pillar.
I'm a GREAT pokemon fan and this stage is just perfect. Balanced during part of the battle, and the Dialga/Palkia cameos plus the dialga/palkia battle music recreates the feel of pokemon perfectly...

Old pokemon stadim, frigate orpheon, pictochat, FD, BF, jungles japes, Halberd, yoshi's Island, Lylat cruise and Smashville are also great.

Sorry for my bad english btw

Top Bottom