• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the Origin of Your Pseudonym?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Thanks Earthbound Zero and ViceGrip! :3

I actually wondered myself where the name ViceGrip came from. Of course it could be from anything and not Pokemon. Either way, I think he's got a fitting name for his Ness.

@ thesage: I don't understand what you wrote, but I guess I'll Google it.

@ PKSkyler: Well I was pretty much into a lot of Trance when I was about eighteen or so. I was trying to mix two words with each other. Transfusion, transform, transfer, stuff like that. Thinking about it now, calling myself bluetrancefusion does sound pretty cool, but it's too late for that. Anyway I like the color blue, I like Trance and around that time attempting to come up with an interesting title, I went with bluetrancefer.

@ Ugg: Strange how something you don't really intend to use eventually turns out to be the name you do use. XD

@ FireKirby7: I thought you liked Kirby's fire ability and that the seven was added because someone else had FireKirby. D:

@ Yoshi-Kirby: Your name actually did make sense. I remember when you used Yoshi and Kirby. Some people have names that don't even match their character. There is this guy under the name The Great Tipper, I believe and I think he mains Meta Knight or Ike.

@ Shaky: Now I'm thinking something like "shocky" or something. You're still Shaky to me. XD

@ Successor of Raphael: The name Raphael in itself reminded me of the character in Soul Calibur. Of course I've always thought you went by that name as a successor of the archangel Raphael. :dizzy:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ehh, there wasn't a literal translation for ocarina so I just put tibia which is a type of trumpet. Trumpet of time would give it away though.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Well, Vivian's a woman's name, and the 3 of them were the Shadow Sirens. Sirens are normally depicted as being female, so I guess you could call it a 'she'.

Vivian was indeed the best partner... Shade Fist was pretty broken.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
In the japanese version she is reffered to as a "he" a couple of times, and even in the english versions Goombella's Tattle on Vivian leaves her a bit confused as to what gender Vivian is.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Finally, another Goombella main......

Goombella can do 20+ damage with that Multibonk. She's underrated, I tellz ya.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Really? All I remember was somethings along the lines of "she's pretty cute... maybe even cuter than me."

I wonder who was the most worthless one. Ms. Mowz kinda sucked later in the game.

Neon Ness

In the japanese version she is reffered to as a "he" a couple of times, and even in the english versions Goombella's Tattle on Vivian leaves her a bit confused as to what gender Vivian is.
For real? That's weird, I thought it said somewhere in the game they were sisters... Also, I could never get past like 5 or 6 hits for Multibonk. :p

Lul, Ness Boards are really bad about getting distracted and hijacking threads.

EDIT: Ms. Mowz was the reason I beat the Pit of 100 Trials. MVP, right thurr.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ms. Mowz was only good for piercing defense tho. Face it, there was hardly much to ever steal and she only had one attack.

Rally wink was cool, but on bosses, there seemed to be a barrier after about 30 or so multibonks :ohwell:

I realize Vivian was part male in Japan, but in America, you have 1 gender *coughBirdocough*

And Neon, that's something to love about us, not hate.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Mariowiki said:
In the Japanese version some claim that Vivian is a pretty boy, a bishounen. However, in the Japanese version, Beldam of the "Three Shadows Group" uses the word majotachi, which refers to a group of sorceresses, to refer to them. Words like her, she, and sisters are also used.
Because of his effeminate appearance, several characters mistake him for a girl. Since Vivian kisses Mario in one scene, the North American version was censored and Vivian was changed to a female character. The PAL and Australian versions retained this change. Unlike most characters that undergo major changes during translation, Vivian maintains their female name in both the English and Japanese versions. Beldam often calls Vivian "Man", but in the English Version, this has been changed to Vivian being called 'Plug-Ugly'.
A rough translation of the character description of Vivian is, "One of the shadow group, Vivian appears to be a girl but is really a boy." Also in a rough translation of Goombella's Tattle of Vivian, "That's Vivian. Of the shadow group, she's the youngest sister... er, brother."
Hmm, multibonk was pretty **** good, but the boss battles were what really counted, Goombella just didn't have it there.

also, imo, Koops was the most useless partner.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You gotta love the Japanese...

And how was Koops useless with his defense piercing all ground enemy hitting light shell? Sure shell shield was pretty bad but hitting left left left for a powerful bowl attack was pretty darn good. He was the only one with defense also.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I used Koops all the time though I loved that guy....

I did whatever koops does in that game I forgot.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
^^^Maybe it's just my personal preference that I didn't like Koops...

Oh snap, I forgot about Flurry, she was pretty bad.

Also, Vivian was clearly the best partner, she was pretty much necessary to avoid the Shadow Queen's Tabuu-like explosion attack.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
After we sort out our Mother tier list, we need to move onto Paper Mario.

Vivian
Bobbery
Bow

Idk

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Don't worry Neon Vivian's is a woman, the group members were sisters.

I liked to use Koops...

I didn't like using Vivian that much... I find pressing B when I'm about to be hit and having my favorite partner worked better.

I also like the yoshi. Piggy back rides were fun.

Bobbery is way better than Vivian if you ask me....

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Am I the only one who actually used multiple teammates when the time called for it?

Bosses are really easy if you stack Defense Boosts from Koops, evasion boosts from Flurry and raw attacking power from Bobbery. Also, Yoshi was ****ing **** on anything that wasn't a boss >_>

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Bob-ombast was offensive ****, but it sure was costly. Vivian had a defense piercing, anyone hitting physical that wasnt a jump and had a burning chance, at no cost at all.

Flurry was kinda bad tho. Out in the field, Yoshi was convenient, but against enemies with defense, he was pathetic.

Neon Ness

They shoulda brought back Watt from the 1st one. She was beyond Meta Knight tier.

Flurry was... not that great in battle. Her action command was sorta funky, too. I basically used only Vivian and Goombella in the entire Palace of Shadow. All Star Team, son.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Oh yeah I remember stacking my defense from koops.

Yoshi's gulp was funny.

Best part of that game was the Glitz pit.

Bobbery was pretty much broken when it came to attacking... I really didn't like using Vivian a lot... I either had Koops or Bobbery out... Sometimes yoshi mainly because I wanted a ride.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
The topic changes after Bobbery enters. O:
Me and Meteor are to blame.

I still didnt like Ms. Mowz. Did anyone use her consistently?

And I forgot, what made Watt broken again? Parakarry sucked... too bad, he was my favorite character.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Vivian
Bobbery
Bow

High
Yoshi
Bombette
Watt

Mid
Sushie
Goombella
Goombario

Low
Lakilester
Ms. Mowz
Parakarry

Bottom
Koops
Kooper
Flurrie

IMO

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Both Koopas up more
Parakarry down more
Gombario down more
Yoshi down more

Just IMO also. I can hardly remember the originals partners though >.<

Neon Ness

Watt was broken because she trumped those annoying gold Bullet Bill Blasters in Bowser's Castle, and she did like 6 damage each turn.

Shy Guy's Toy Box is the best dungeon in any RPG ever. I mean, come on. It's a freakin' toy box.

Lakilester is horrible. Dirt tier, plz.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Parakarry was way more broken than bobbery! Worlds slowest mailman.... Like seriously.

Bobbery is way better than Vivian. I liked Sushie

Watt was pretty useless if you ask me I never liked the thing though....

Then there is Bow who is just Isai in 64...

If you ask me:

Goddess Tier
Bow (Get fan smacked)

Bobbery (Get Bombed)

High
Parakarry (GET SKY BOMBED!)
Ms. Mowz (Uh I forgot but she's good)
Sushie (BELLY FLOP!)
Vivian (Good but nothing too special)

Mid
Koops (He's my buddy)
Kooper (He's my buddy)
Goombella (MultiBonk)
Goombario (MultiBonker too)

Low
Bombette (Get Bombed but not like Bobbery's)
Watt (I don't use you)
Yoshi (Sorry dude but not too effective when it really matters)
Flurrie (Just Flurrie)
Lakilester (Kinda bad sorry)

Neon Ness

Parakarry was way more broken than bobbery! Worlds slowest mailman.... Like seriously.

Bobbery is way better than Vivian. I liked Sushie

Watt was pretty useless if you ask me I never liked the thing though....

Then there is Bow who is just Isai in 64...

If you ask me:

God Tier
Bow

Bobbery
Parakarry

High
Yoshi
Bombette
Ms. Mowz
Vivian

Mid
Koops
Kooper
Sushie
Goombella
Goombario

Low
Watt
Yoshi
Flurrie
Lakilester
Win.

Because Bow is Goddess Tier. I need to find a Bow sprite to place at the end of my posts.

Watt should be way higher, though, with armor piercing, and lighting up the dark rooms in Bowser's Castle. Also, Vivian >>>>>> Parakarry.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
>_>

Parakarry did no more damamge than any other character and his basic attack had no special properties outside of being a basic "jump" type.

Yannow this makes me think that us Ness fans should just stick to debating Mother characters since there's absolutely no consisntency in any of our opinions...

Neon Ness

>_>

Parakarry did no more damamge than any other character and his basic attack had no special properties outside of being a basic "jump" type.
Actually, it was useful for knocking bat enemies from ceilings. Better than wasting 3 FP on Hammer Throw.

Top Bottom