• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the Origin of Your Pseudonym?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yes, but the greek word "gyro" is pronounced "yee-row". So if you're going by greek words or whatever, Xyro's name would be pronounced "zee-row" or zero anyway.
Thanks for the correction. I never knew that was how "gyro" was pronounced. Blah. No one ever told me in my twenty-three years of life. Then again, I never used the word anyway. :ohwell:

I pronounce it row-hins, why would it be hens? Not even its origin, robin, is pronounced raw ben..
Huh? I used the word "hens," because if I used the the word "hen" has a sound like "in," in it. If I said "row-hins," then "hin" could sound like it has "in," in it, but then again, I would be thinking of Heinz ketchup. Kind of like "hind-sight." So, have I been pronouncing the word "robin" incorrectly, too? :urg:

hyperstation

Smash Lord
lol so? Ganondorf was probably named after a salad too :p I'm seeing the similarities lol ;)
Let's not go where you're thinking of going. Ganondorf =/= Waldorf Salad. HOW (I'll) DAIR YOU! (to death)

Huh? I used the word "hens," because if I used the the word "hen" has a sound like "in," in it. If I said "row-hins," then "hin" could sound like it has "in," in it, but then again, I would be thinking of Heinz ketchup. Kind of like "hind-sight." So, have I been pronouncing the word "robin" incorrectly, too? :urg:
Oh man, you're one of those dudes who pronounces "pen", the writing instrument, like "pin", the thing you use when you're sewing. Or "ten", the number that comes after nine, like "tin", the metal. My friend does this and I used to bust his balls all the time about it...which is exactly what I'm doing to you right now, but PWEEEEEASE don't get sad!

I <3 Dryn

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Thanks for the correction. I never knew that was how "gyro" was pronounced. Blah. No one ever told me in my twenty-three years of life. Then again, I never used the word anyway. :ohwell:
The Greek food gyro is pronounced yee-row, the prefix for something that spins like in gyroscope is jai row.

i dont know about you man.. i just dont know.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
My name could've been created by a toddler, for all I know.
But w/e. I like the Wii, decided to put "4Mii" in there (didn't have one at the time), and 9 is my favorite number, so why not double it? (Or if you want to get mathematical, why not multiply it by 11)

However, nowadays I go by the name Revenankh on other forums. It still had my nickname "Rev" in it (from my other old name "The Revolution" which was, guess what, the prototype name of the Wii) and it's derived from the words revenant, a person who returns as a spirit after death, and ankh, the egyptian symbol for life.

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
It's my old nickname from many forums, games and e-mails. Spike comes from the fact I had spikes at the time(now long-haired, so it's really a while ago, like 6-7 years). 6sic6 comes from Slipknot, which I used to listen to at the time. 6sic6 is meant to be pronounced "666".

It's really old but yeah, I don't give it too much importance. People have came to know me as Spike6sic6, so I've been keeping it for years.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
My name could've been created by a toddler, for all I know.
But w/e. I like the Wii, decided to put "4Mii" in there (didn't have one at the time), and 9 is my favorite number, so why not double it? (Or if you want to get mathematical, why not multiply it by 11)

However, nowadays I go by the name Revenankh on other forums. It still had my nickname "Rev" in it (from my other old name "The Revolution" which was, guess what, the prototype name of the Wii) and it's derived from the words revenant, a person who returns as a spirit after death, and ankh, the egyptian symbol for life.
That's a Pokemon from the CaP project on Smogon! I never used any of them, but I enjoyed battling against them!

=======================

I'm pretty sure I posted this story at least 3 times on other threads on Smashboards, but here goes anyways...

One day while playing Melee sometime around 2006, we were having a 3-way FFA on Final Destination (4 stock no items). There was a Fox, who got eliminated early for "laser spamming" (not a big deal nowadays), a Sheik who couldn't do any techs but could combo decently, and of course, my Samus who could perform every important tech with almost every character and wins every serious game we play.

Intros aside, the Sheik and I were each on our last stock and I was at around ~90%. I got hit by a dthrow fair near the right edge of Final Destination (ouch!). The Fox player jumped up and was like, "OMG! Howard's gonna lose!" I proceeded to begin bomb jumping to what looked like my demise. The other two were chanting and screaming "YOU WONT MAKE IT BACK!" and "YOU WONT DO IT!" I only had two words for them.

"Oh really?"

I used the double jump I saved while I was practically off the bottom of the screen when I was done bomb jumping. I was a bit farther than the ledge of Final Destination horizontal-wise. By then, the Sheik player had already stopped taunting, dropped his controller, and started dancing and singing around me with the Fox player. If their crotch got any closer to my face... I s -- anyways... I told them to look at the screen. I airdodged upwards, and pressed Z. The grapple beam shot out and looked like it was about to miss the very bottom of the stage. BUT IT STUCK! I pressed A as fast as I could because I knew if I stayed hanging from the tether any longer, I would fall to my death. A screw attack brought me back up to the stage safely. The Sheik player rushed to his controller, but still met a ledge wavelanded dsmash to the shins. I followed up with a full hop double missile and finished with an offstage nair. Absolutely stunning.

Before this day, I used random tags like "sexy", "1337", "pro", and "azn". Now, "ORLY" is the only tag I ever use. When Brawl came out, the first thing I did was make my tag "ORLY?" In my first WiFi match, my friends lol'd pretty hard at my new name. That question mark makes all the difference in the world.

And that, my friends, is my story.

=======================

One of my friends had a similar story. We were having an organized WiFi team battle set-up over AIM. I lost the first match because my team mate got his ass wombo combo'd too hard early in the game and I was left against two people. Though, I don't think I could've won even if my team mate WAS there. After that game, my friend pushed me out of my seat and started typing in our chat room, "i h8 u wit a pashn". The second match started, my friend changed his tag to "PASHN". I lol'd and jizzed in my pants. Too freakin' good!

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Why didn't you have your signature on n00b, THE PERFECT MOMENT ;_; (it IS from that song right?)
It is, but I think if your post is too short it doesn't come up or something..

Bil

Smash Ace
I was at a local scrubby guitar hero tournament and they asked me for my full name when I entered. Instead of replying with Zakk Stanislawski, I said "Well, it's Bil, sorta like Bill except with ONE L, Bates. My full name is Bil Bates, but you can call me Ganondorf for short." My original smash name was Devy, which was short for Devilution. After the Guitar Hero incident happened I told some smashers about it and they just started calling me Bil. Then I just made a new account, which is why I have a newer join date.

Schneeeulen

Smash Rookie
I got this epic snowy owl stuffy awhile back, and it came with this little card talking about snowy owls...in multiple languages. The word for snowy owl in German is Schneeeulen, and I just thought that it was the coolest name! First of all, it has 3 E's!!! In a row!!! And I'm not really sure how to pronounce it, but I like the sound of Shnay-oo-len (only...flowier...and such...) But yeah, I used it for a couple of MMORPG accounts, and now I just like the name for my gaming adventures.

Oh, I go by Schnee for short too :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
because my friend decided to name himself player-1, with the dash because he doesnt like holes...

and i didnt feel like naming myself some variation of a CF meme

or SHOOPDAWOOOOOOOP

so i copied him
and my friend copied him first so im player-3....
wait.. why am i on the samus boards

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
My gamer name I use in tournaments is "Jimbo," named after a cousin of mine named Jimmy that I looked up to as a kid, but the reason my account name is "Systalis" is because I didn't come up with a name that would fit in the Brawl name list until after I made this account ^^;;;

The name "Systalis," with the y pronounced like the word "eye," not a lower-case I, is a name that simply came to me years ago when trying to think of an alter-ego for myself. I like the sound of the letter S, so I made it the focus of the name's sound, and threw in a creepy L and a T. It's been my pseudo-name for a long time, but I'm now trying to phase it out with my new "Brawl appropriate" name, Jimbo.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Yo seriously if you don't play Samus we don't care about you.

(except for DADondorf/Samus)

_clinton

Smash Master
Because I lack any creative talent...besides its not like this account has been my 1st one...

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Also, if your name and or its origin is uninteresting, we don't care.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

Samus doesnt NEED YOUR BREAD

AND

your name's origin is prolly BORING

Top Bottom