• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is going on with Kirby mainers?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if is me or what, but lately i havent seen many new kirby videos or tournaments,
they got in the same place of the tier list, i think in next tier list kirby will go down for sure.

Look at sonic boards, they have new videos weekly, and they will be go to a decent place in tier list soon, for example Espy is a good sonic players and some others.

Cheer up kirbys!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now if you could loan me some money, and a life time free pass to the air port, and video equipment, maybe we can work something out. =P

Also don't compare us to the Sonic boards, most of them live in Texas, and Texas is swarming with a large amount of tournaments, there's not a Kirby main I know that's in Texas, but there is a good amount of Kirby's in the Midwest or Florida. I can't speak for them but only myself as a Kirby main that's not lucky with money to go to tourney's anymore and no video equipment to help show you what to do or what not to do, but I do have tons of tourney experience with Kirby however.

TrIkZ

Smash Cadet
Ill post vids up soon
maybe you guys can critique me or something.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
It does seem a lot less active lately... *is guilty*

...But it'll be at least a month and a half before I can get any vids up...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm planning on going to a huge tourney next summer, so I'll be representing the pink puffball one year from now. I'm an active Kirby main, and I'm pretty good, too! :(

... But since Genesis ended, we've been taking a break from tourneys and stuff, so we're kinda inactive through the remainder of summer. Plus my Wii's still busted, I should fill out the form to send it to get fixed right now...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Now if you could loan me some money, and a life time free pass to the air port, and video equipment, maybe we can work something out. =P

Also don't compare us to the Sonic boards, most of them live in Texas, and Texas is swarming with a large amount of tournaments, there's not a Kirby main I know that's in Texas, but there is a good amount of Kirby's in the Midwest or Florida. I can't speak for them but only myself as a Kirby main that's not lucky with money to go to tourney's anymore and no video equipment to help show you what to do or what not to do, but I do have tons of tourney experience with Kirby however.
I'm a Kirby main and I'm going to the next Hobo that doesn't interfer with my university schedule.

Percon

Smash Lord
I go to tournaments when I can but it's summer, and I'm working 7 days a week so don't expect too many new videos from me. When school starts again I'll be back before long.

Though, as far as I know, I'm the only Kirby main in Canada. The only other one I knew plays ICs now. Huh. 0_o

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I thought you mained Puff. Also If you want to place at hobo you'd have to have improved a lot since last time I saw your vids. Used to be subscribed.

Anyway I'm still dead. Bye
Puff doesn't cut it offline. Since the first time I've uploaded videos and when I first got the game, I'm a completely different player. Don't even think about judging me based on the old ones. I have improved by at least 70-80%. Kirby is now by far my best character.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
First @ OP:

Many Kirbies don't get recorded, such as most of YbM's matches, myself, Kiest, Kewkky, Thrilla, Dfat1 etc. Some of us don't go to enough tournies, such as A1, Viper, (Bunny?), and a few others. Some of us don't have good results (guilty...), and thus don't brag about them, then some of us don't visit these boards much except for tourny listings, such as Keist, YbM, Chu Dat, and some others.

Finally, some of us (myself included) have been too busy with both RL and tournies lately to post much.

Puff doesn't cut it offline. Since the first time I've uploaded videos and when I first got the game, I'm a completely different player. Don't even think about judging me based on the old ones. I have improved by at least 70-80%. Kirby is now by far my best character.
Agreed. I actually played Puff online the other day and understood where you got your old opinions from... I'm hesitating to main her online (and strictly online!)... :laugh:

I'm planning on going to a huge tourney next summer, so I'll be representing the pink puffball one year from now. I'm an active Kirby main, and I'm pretty good, too! :(

... But since Genesis ended, we've been taking a break from tourneys and stuff, so we're kinda inactive through the remainder of summer. Plus my Wii's still busted, I should fill out the form to send it to get fixed right now...
The link you're talking about is the one that gets it fixed for free, right?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Agreed. I actually played Puff online the other day and understood where you got your old opinions from... I'm hesitating to main her online (and strictly online!)... :laugh:
honesty on wifi on final destination she is bottom of mid tier. With wifi her aerials have a little bit of hitstun and rollout is buffed beyond belief. It's easy to win with her online, but the question you must ask yourself is... is it legit? It's not. That's why I switched to Kirby. No use using a character that's buffed online and becomes invalidated offline. =/

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
What happened to KrazyKirbyKid? I have not seen him for a while...

camden

Smash Apprentice
There are a few Kirby mains in Eastern Canada, but none of them are big names. Zhao_guang uses Kirby as a secondary, but that's about it. :\

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
My friend is trying to get some kinda software working on his computer to start recording matches. I wish he had it working by tomorrow cause we play at a friends house every sunday.

I'll bug the hell out of him bout the software so i can TRY........try......to get some vids posted soon.

*Notice the use of the word "try" in the above statement lol.

On another note, i'll be going to a local tourney this coming wednesday. I plan on showing these fools whats up with Kirby! The entry fee for the tourney is $10! So im hoping Kirby wins me some money wednesday lol.

Top Bottom