• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is a legitamate JV 4 stock??

Status
Not open for further replies.

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so JTB, Knivez, Luigi and I were having a debate on a legitamate JV 4stock. Well, mainly them versus me. Luigi and Alan's idea (jtb is a conformist XD)

They think that if you defeat your opponent with three stocks and 10% or less remaining, it is a legitamate JV 4 stock.

I, on the other hand, think that it is bull**** and in order to JV 4 stock someone, you need to have 3 stocks and 0% damage.

POST YOUR THOUGHTS XDDD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm not a conformist, its the truth.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
it's three stocks and 10%

10% is any real hit. basically any aerial or tilt will do 10%. it's so you can't spam a gay projectile or something, it's a legitimate hit.

no johns.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
0% only. If you want a name for only getting hit by a projectile, call it something else. JTB 4 stock??

Awex

Smash Lord
0%

Does it count if you're ICs and nana took a bunch of hits? I've got a replay of a JV 4 stock as ICs. Nana got hit a lot, but my damage was at 0%

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
0% is a legitimate JV 4 stock.

But I still consider a match a 4 stock if it's 3 stocks and less than 30%. But that's just me.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
pretty sure all aerials do 12%
the second time they're done it does 10% because of stale moves.

(obvious exceptions don't apply, knee,gannons dair, etc)

Sleepy

Smash Ace
it has to be 0%, that's the rule it was made under. The theory that you didn't put any % on that stock, would mean you had a full stock to go.

pockyD

Smash Legend
0%

i don't know why people are saying "to me" and "i think"; it's a common and well-defined term that doesn't really leave room for interpretation

pockyD

Smash Legend
you got ***** (actually, they got *****), but you (they) didn't get JV 4-stocked

just as you (they) didn't get regular 4-stocked

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
If you're arguing between 10% and 0%, you're just reaching and hoping your defeat can sound less bad than it was.

Either way you got *****.

But I say 0%

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
0% or 10% doesn't really make a difference. The other person still has 3 stocks, and 3 stocks = **** imo.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Let me tell u an example.

Everytime someone becomes aware they are gonna get jv 4 stocked or something, they start spamming a bunch of projectiles, or couch cancelling trying to get some dumb hit in. IMO, you effectively outplayed them into a jv 4 stock, because they already gave up the match at that point and knew they were gonna get jv 4 stocked if they didn't so something radical. That's why I think you need more than 10%, because it means you actually did some kind of performance against your opponents second stock.

quak

Smash Champion
0%

otherwise just say 3 stock low percent

it's like saying that you pitched a no-hitter, then saying a guy bunted. People will think that ur embellishing ur story and are just trying to brag.

quak

Smash Champion
Let me tell u an example.

Everytime someone becomes aware they are gonna get jv 4 stocked or something, they start spamming a bunch of projectiles, or couch cancelling trying to get some dumb hit in. IMO, you effectively outplayed them into a jv 4 stock, because they already gave up the match at that point and knew they were gonna get jv 4 stocked if they didn't so something radical. That's why I think you need more than 10%, because it means you actually did some kind of performance against your opponents second stock.
yeah, people will try to hit you and spam **** and ****

to say you jv 4 stocked someone, you cant get hit by any of em

regardless, we can all agree, that you did **** the **** out of him

pockyD

Smash Legend
0%

otherwise just say 3 stock low percent

it's like saying that you pitched a no-hitter, then saying a guy bunted. People will think that ur embellishing ur story and are just trying to brag.
top notch analogy

there's nothing wrong with straight up 3stocking someone, especially given that it is legitimately accurate, instead of being based on someone's arbitrary and incorrect definition

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I still think it's 0%, which allows you to suicied spike someone or kill youself in any other way trying to take the last stock.

If you get hit by lasers or a jab (which does less than 10%) No johnz, you *****, but didnt jv 4 stock.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
And Hugo lost to Mikey, who lost to me, so my vote has more weight

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
you were wrong, making fun of pocky wont change that.

it already has an understood definition. no opinions necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom