• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if you played as your favourite characters and screwed Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I dislike people that just pick characters that are "good" based on tiers as many of you do. So in this thread I want you to first list your top 3 favourite Nintendo games (one per franchise and must have a playable character in Brawl) then list the character from Brawl that corisponds to that game. For an example I will go first

My top 3 favourite Nintendo Games

1. Pikmin 2 (characters possible= Olimar)
2. Mario Galaxy (characters possible= Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser)
3. Earthbound (characters possible= Ness)

the Characters that corispond

1. OLIMAR
2. LUIGI
3. NESS

Now after performing this task I ask you to go and try to master the three characters you arrived at. I hope you find it much more rewarding to destroy your friends with your fav character rather than the top tier characters. I know that it makes the game that much more enjoyable to play :) Melee sucked because there were only Foxes, Falcos, and Marths. Lets get some diversity people. Let's represent!

P.S. Metal Gear games and Sonic games are allowed.

Agi

Smash Lord
I already do this, and am proud...

Mains: Sheik, Lucas, Tlink...

I agree with his philosophy, but it doesn't warrant a topic.

Denzi

Smash Master
*nods head in agreement*

I do this too, although instead of picking characters from my favorite games, I pick the ones that I think are the coolest.

I use Marth and Ike because I like swordsmen (didn't like link cause of projectiles), and I use Falco cause he's got LASAHS!!!

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
My favourite nintendo games are gyromite and stack-up. Oh what do you know!
But seriously I just play ROB because he's fun. Maining a character from your favourite games won't change the fact that they're boring.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Yeah, my favorite games are definitely Turtle Bridge, Fire, and Mario Bros. (the G&W version)! Hey, those WERE all fun, and they give me a back aerial, forward aerial, and up special, all of which are great moves.

To be somewhat more serious about it, I have played and enjoyed a game featuring every character except for Zero Suit Samus (I only played the Metroid Prime games), Pit (Kid Icarus sucked), Ice Climbers (Ice Climber sucked more), R.O.B. (gee, I wonder why), Lucas (wait for the translation project to finish and this will change), and Snake (I only played some of the first Metal Gear, and it was averagish and not really in my tastes). So really, I'm already a fan of nearly the entire cast, and then you consider that Zero Suit Samus is the same person as Samus and that I'll inevitably like Lucas's game a lot (I'm mega-hyped for the translation). I really love the reliability of Nintendo hardware too so I am going to say I could claim to be a R.O.B. fan before considering how the game plays. I would probably like Snake's games if I ever get around to playing the Metal Gear Solid games too, and can't I appreciate the Ice Climbers as a cool concept for a fighting game character? So you see, it's already possible for me to easily "justify" by your logic maining anyone except Pit (who, incidentally, I really don't like at all). I still don't think it's a good way to look at it though; you should just main whoever you can best win with in the long term. Of course that's purely a personal assessment, and it's not like any reasonable person will mock you for making the possibly questionable decision that you can do best in the long term with Captain Falcon or someone like that Maybe he just "fits" you perfectly? I felt that way about Ness in melee for a long time; it's not so unreasonable.

Anyway, my top 3 are Zelda: a Link to the Past, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl so it's not like this exercise really works.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
If I said screw the tiers, I'm playing who I want NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN
The bottom 4 on the tier list are amongst my mains, the only high tier I like(not for being high tier) is marth, cause he has teh sword

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hmmm... I might try this :)

Sonic The Hedgehog = Sonic

Pokemon= Pikachu, Jigglypuf, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard.

Super Mario Bros.= Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser (Would Yoshi go here???)

So I'll have to pick

1. Sonic
2. Ivysaur (Is it for favourites, or who you can play better as?)
3. Mario (same question as above)

I've never played Fire Emblem, but the only reason I main Marth is because when I got Melee a couple of years ago, I couldn't beat the Metroid level on Adventure mode, and my copy kept getting a disc read error, so I had to take it back.
When I bought it again in February/ March, I played multiplayer for the first time, and unlocked Marth.
I decided to try adventure mode with him, and I finished it, and he's been my main ever since.:bee:
I ever used) every so often.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Of course, we can't get Sakurai to actually make the game balanced so tiers barely matter. . .Can't have that now can we? We really need to start requesting to him as soon as he announces SSB4 (Which will inevitably happen, anybody who says anything but knows nothing of marketing.) that he better balance the game.

I miss the days when I could actually main Ganondorf and not suck. And back in Melee, Bowser was the one I wanted to main. . .Now I'm stuck with Dedede due to how godly imbalanced he is. Curse you Sakurai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom