• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if there isnt a Trailer at E3 2013....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I remember they tried to make E3 press only in 2007/8 (forget which one) and Smash was instead shown off at the thing that was supposed to replace it: E for All. That got absorbed back into E3 when they lost coverage and all the announcements were lack luster. Wii Music *shudder*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, the whole E3 brand was noticeably less powerful each year over the last 5 years. I think in the next 10 years, it will largely be ignored by game developers. At best, only a few developers and some electronic industry companies will use it as a platform to promote their products on a large scale. At worst it will die like E For All died.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Considering how good the Brawl reveal trailer was (I refer to it as the greatest trailer of all-time), if Sakurai wants to wait to show the first trailer, I completely understand. After all, he said he wants to top that trailer, which is hard to top. Seriously, what's he gonna do, reveal all the newcomers in one trailer=??? :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It would be awful to have everything spoiled at once, but man, watching a trailer that keeps revealing a bunch of newcomers would have me jumping up and hollering in excitement during the duration. :laugh:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Spoiler alert: Eventually all newcomers will be revealed.

Be hyped for that... but also be warned, because it is a gradual (and not an immediate) thing.
Omfgffhggh cant wait.

Also do you guys think Sm4sh will be revealed at E3 or later in june?

Also when Iwata said Nintendo's E3 will have N-Directs ''Around'' the time off E3.

Does it mean ''Around'' as in days or weeks before or after E3
Or
During E3.

Its a bad translate isnt it...(-_-)..Ugh..how much disaster one wrongly translated worse can produce is incredible...as you can see i am no patient at all with this Sm4sh news...i want it A.S.A.P we have been waiting long enough..if he says the wait will be worth it then i dont think he can afford to pay my patience...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai confirmed we will at least get pictures of at least one of the two games before E3 starts or during E3, but ultimately before E3 ends. At least, that's how I translate it. I mean, we got the developer news a few weeks after E3 (for a random reason then, but now it's obvious that Nintendo wants to rely on these Nintendo Direct Presentations, and that was a big part of it).

Sakurai also promised that he will try to make the best reveal trailer ever when we get it.

Everything else is speculation.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He also said that both the 3DS & WiiU version will be shown. Looks promising even though ima negative guy...

PS: Was this site down yesterday?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He also said that both the 3DS & WiiU version will be shown. Looks promising even though ima negative guy...

PS: Was this site down yesterday?
I just hope he keeps his promise.

And yes.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I think if we do not get a trailer at E3 then we will most likely get a Nintendo Direct on it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's special about May 1st?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah, right. Does anyone know a link to a website that has nothing but a countdown to E3? We could use that.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Haha love the pic the WiiU will pic up no doubt im not worried about the WiiU's fate what i am worried about is when i do have the money to get one i hope its cheaper.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
''A Little dissapointing?''

I would go bezerk!
Anyway maybe im just thinking to Negative like i always do and mixed emotions with the hype building as E3 gets closer...

Plus not only did Sakurai re-enstate that what will be shown is more than screenshots but he also said it would be way worth it...

So by the hype that hes tryna bring..we should actually be getting.

A trailer for both versions!
Gameplay
Info
DoJo Debut
Release Date

Something as big as that...
This is what you get for expecting ****.

If and when a trailer doesn't show the world will go on.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd personally be more upset if Pikmin 3 wasn't released in August this year, but that's mostly because I've been waiting for that game much longer than I have been for the next Smash. Furthermore, it does seem like something Nintendo would do, they said Pikmin 3 would be released for the Wii, and it wasn't. Then they said it was expected to be a Wii U launch title or near it's release date, but they delayed it by several months.

Either way, depending on the amount of time they have spent on the game by the time they say they'll reveal a trailer, they may not have not done enough work on it for it to be shown. If it doesn't show much, I'm sure a lot of people will be disappointed, but would it be worse if there wasn't any trailer at all? if Nintendo has confirmed the trailer to be shown at E3 2013, then it should be, and if not, then that's their fault for not working on it early enough.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I would definitely be pretty disappointed. Very disappointed, actually. However, I'd be able to cope with it because, at the very least, screens are confirmed. And Sakurai said that there would be "footage". Either way we're getting information and will know what the game will look like.

I actually had set my expectations low for months because I remember them saying there we could expect just "screens". So, really, a trailer seemed pretty far off to me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Very disappointed myself if they didn't. They did say there will be some Smash4 stuff there and I expect to see it. A trailer would be the best thing to keep me calm and collective while waiting for the release date. I mean the Brawl Trailer was amazing, so I hope for Smash4 to top Brawl, and I know it will. The real question is how will it look?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Is there an evidence that guarantees SSB4's trailer in E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom