• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if there isnt a Trailer at E3 2013....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
SNES emulators on DS flash cards are jokes all around. Never found one that actually worked the way I wanted it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's so sad that I have to use this image

To express the fact I really miss the game play of this little triology so often forgotten... :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also, everyone seems really set on a E3 trailer. But I'm not 100% convinced yet. We might only see screens.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Never worked for you --> they are all jokes.

Seems legit.
They do work but all feel like they're still in the beta phases. SNEmulDS is the best SNES emulator you can get on the DS but it's still a piece of crap as the compatibility list is very weak (a lot of games are full of bugs or completely unplayable) and you have to manually set the background/sprites layers for each game. NES, Genesis, and Game Boy, on the other hand are almost flawless.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
CatSFC is a decent emu, but you need a DSTwo to use it. Though there's problems with the resolution.

If you want a handheld with a bunch of good homebrew emus, a PSP is your best choice.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Buy a PSP to play Nintendo games right?

Right?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
They do work but all feel like they're still in the beta phases. SNEmulDS is the best SNES emulator you can get on the DS but it's still a piece of crap as the compatibility list is very weak (a lot of games are full of bugs or completely unplayable) and you have to manually set the background/sprites layers for each game. NES, Genesis, and Game Boy, on the other hand are almost flawless.

CatSFC is a decent emu, but you need a DSTwo to use it. Though there's problems with the resolution.

If you want a handheld with a bunch of good homebrew emus, a PSP is your best choice.

What version of CATSFC are you using? The SNES emulator on the DSTWO had horrible video lag, input lag, low speeds, ugly scaling, and a general lack of features and polish until about two months ago.

The DS has a lower resolution than a television screen so it can't display all the pixels but there's anti-aliasing now so games look a hell of a lot nicer when you're using scaled video.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
^ I don't think it's specifically in the rules, but SmashBoards would probably prefer that you guys didn't talk about this stuff too much on these boards. At least not in public chat :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
^ I don't think it's specifically in the rules, but SmashBoards would probably prefer that you guys didn't talk about this stuff too much on these boards. At least not in public chat :p
We're not talking piracy, only emulation, which are not the same thing.

What version of CATSFC are you using? The SNES emulator on the DSTWO had horrible video lag, input lag, low speeds, ugly scaling, and a general lack of features and polish until about two months ago.

The DS has a lower resolution than a television screen so it can't display all the pixels but there's anti-aliasing now so games look a hell of a lot nicer when you're using scaled video.
You asking me? IDK, haven't used CATSFC in a while because I have a hacked PSP and can used that instead....though that one isn't perfect either.

Vinnyt

Smash Rookie
Waiting all nice and polite like for Nintendo's E3 conference. Then...no trailer.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I find the probability of no trailer low not only given facts about how they might need the hype or any promises made to us, but from the standpoint that the game has been in development for longer than Brawl when its trailer was revealed, particularly by the time the directs are going to come by. They are going to have more than enough things to possibly be shown and reason to show it, unlike last year it is perfectly reasonable to expect something big this time around.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
WAAAAA DA FUQQQQQ READS LINK HEAD EXPLODES..

Ninty not focused on E3 ..

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._large_scale_press_conference_at_e3_this_year
Key phrase is no LARGE SCALE conference. Nintendo doesn't want to compete with the PS$ and NeXtBox reveals for attention. There'll still be announcements and Games made Playable for the first time.

If I see one person say this is a sign of Nintendo's demise I will imagine smashing your head in with a sledgehammer. I'll imagine REAL HARD! Wow, honesty and a tough guy attitude don't mix well.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
hmmm actually upon thinking about it more it maybe a smarter move Ninty gets critics and analysist negativly soo much E3 is media covered all over maybe them splitting there announcements up into small nintendo directs would be less stressful and more comfortable for them also it could give em more time to give us more info/gameplay in these juicy directs ! them being more gameplay focused then pointless gimmicky ****e...

also it is said there gonna be doing a few directs ''Around'' E3 time so i guess theres a realistic chance we will get a N-Direct before E3! maybe in may and like 2 or 3 shortly after E3 between june-August.

damn gonna miss the live crowd reaction to Sm4shes E3 Reveal.. there truly is nothing like it...looks like most probly its not gonna happen...E3 is going down the drain..it has for years its not exciting anymore too much bull* analysis talk that gamers dont care about only devs and patcher trolls...also full of Bull* media gimmicy ****...less devs showcase at E3 too peepz dont take E3 serious no more...its a joke...i couldsee it dying all together in a year or 2...

Reguardless imo Sony & MS are gonna dominate this years E3 mediaishly lol.

Also what about Retro Studios project?

just hope that the Smash reveal aint one of the later N-Directs...ugh we have already waited sooo long...this up hill battle feel like the endless stairs of super mario 64 ..we all running to get to the news but never getting no where...

Smash...were are you...we need you...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think we'll get a trailer, but if we do, it will be for Smash 3DS in all likelihood. We can survive without a trailer guys. Besides, we're guaranteed to get one sometime this year (pretty much). And if we wait, it probably will be because Sakurai wants to top the Brawl reveal trailer (which IMHO is the greatest reveal trailer of all-time BY FAR).

It will be great to see the improved graphics for Smash WiiU though. Seeing as how Brawl had minimally better graphics than Melee (due to minimally better hardware), the graphics will look like it's been 10 years from Brawl to Smash WiiU. And to those of you who will be disappointed and hate Justin Bieber with the passion of a thousand suns, just watch this over and over again, because it just doesn't ever get old (warning: contains some TV-14-esk fake blood that actually looks really cheesy).

Also, I want a new Dojo where I can learn some smash-eral arts!
I'll be salty for about 10 minutes since it originally is supposed to be shown on my birthday, but then go back to doing whatever.
The first Brawl trailer came out on my 15th birthday!
For my 16th birthday, I saw a Golden State Warriors' Western Conference semi-finals playoff game when this amazing piece of history happened.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You cant deny though its just getting beyond Tedious...they should have announced the game at last years E3....
Frankly I think the original announcement for Smash 4 was premature considering they hadn't even started the game yet. My hype gland is already overactive.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Frankly I think the original announcement for Smash 4 was premature considering they hadn't even started the game yet. My hype gland is already overactive.
Thats what i mean..they blatantly just announced the game purely to boost sales for the WiiU but yh also to bring in Devs/find a team...but its a joke now..i really overplayed **** annoying joke...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ah well, they did it and until they invent time travel that doesn't **** the universe in the **** they can't go back on it. Besides, wanting is better than having so we get more time to speculate... Yay?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think we'll get a trailer, but if we do, it will be for Smash 3DS in all likelihood. We can survive without a trailer guys. Besides, we're guaranteed to get one sometime this year (pretty much).
We were promised one AT E3. Not just this year.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
The crowd reactions get less hype every year as more and more reporters and investors invited by nintendo occupy the seats at E3.
Now they are just hosting private booths for them at E3 to showcae their products. The nintendo E3 shows were always so fun and magical though. Can they replicate that in a Nintendo Direct?

Maybe nintendo just doesn't wanna risk another hardware malfunction on stage. In a nintendo direct they can show the game working properly.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The crowd reactions get less hype every year as more and more reporters and investors invited by nintendo occupy the seats at E3.
Now they are just hosting private booths for them at E3 to showcae their products. The nintendo E3 shows were always so fun and magical though. Can they replicate that in a Nintendo Direct?

Maybe nintendo just doesn't wanna risk another hardware malfunction on stage. In a nintendo direct they can show the game working properly.
Hmmm yh its messed up man..i just hope whatever they show is worth it...since they said the wait would be worth it...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
E3 is pretty much all press now. You take away the game reveals and trailers, and what is E3=???

Nothing.

E3 was dying anyways, so this isn't by any means a bad move. Plus now Nintendo can directly show us what they want to convey. If you look at Sony and Microsoft, they are doing the same thing with their new game console reveals.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
E3 is all about the press, but that doesn't mean its all about the show. The gameplay impressions and the things shown behind closed doors are always good to hear about. These are things Nintendo Directs cannot offer.

Anyways, entertaining the hypothetical of no trailer, we'd all get out of our computer chairs and start

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I can't recall a single "behind the scenes" gameplay/reveal that was never shown to the public shortly thereafter.

Really, the only thing that grabs my attention are the presentations and a few select demos of games (mostly as a result of being either from a favorite franchise of mine or from the presentations making a good impression).

So having Nintendo not at E3 and instead sticking with the Nintendo Direct idea, having Sony and Microsoft reveal the PS4 and Xbox 720 respectively on private live press conferences, and having these one-company/console conferences and presentations doesn't really change anything with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom