• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if there isnt a Trailer at E3 2013....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Just as little talk as there was about the reveal in E3 2011 and some screenshots.... Something i have been thinking about..because its sorta omfg outside the box thing so it seems like something nintendo would do...like just overly-overkill hyping the game...
Hype turns into frustration..it already has for long time ago...

I dunno just watch Brawls Trailer reaction at E3 06...again...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It would be a little disappointing but since we have been promised "screens" for E3, assuming that just means screenshots (though it could also mean footage), it will be enough to keep me happy.

But I'm 90% sure we're getting a trailer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
It would be a little disappointing but since we have been promised "screens" for E3, assuming that just means screenshots (though it could also mean footage), it will be enough to keep me happy.

But I'm 90% sure we're getting a trailer.
''A Little dissapointing?''

I would go bezerk!
Anyway maybe im just thinking to Negative like i always do and mixed emotions with the hype building as E3 gets closer...

Plus not only did Sakurai re-enstate that what will be shown is more than screenshots but he also said it would be way worth it...

So by the hype that hes tryna bring..we should actually be getting.

A trailer for both versions!
Gameplay
Info
DoJo Debut
Release Date

Something as big as that...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I meant if we got nothing but screenshots at the E3, I wouldn't be exciting as getting a reveal video, but Sakurai's pretty great at pleasing fans during prerelease. Besides, seeing the current Wii U sales, it NEEDS a big Smash reveal to sell so I'm we're not going to be disappointed.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I would be pissed off if a trailer doesn't show up. It doesn't even need to have gameplay for me, simple CGI showing some newcomers and the graphics is more than enough. They need like a month tops to develop a decent one.
I expect a trailer and 5 minutes of someone playing a simple 1 vs 1, Mario vs Kirby, on the new Battlefield stage. Maybe showing what the connection between Wii U and 3DS is going to be.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
You guys would seriously get angry if there isn't a trailer at e3? C'mon. Y'all have to have other things going on.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'll be salty for about 10 minutes since it originally is supposed to be shown on my birthday, but then go back to doing whatever.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would rather see the Dojo updates start again than get a trailer. If we got Screenshots, news, and the Dojo I would be content.

Exactly. And wasting an hour watching E3 for nothing would piss me off.
LOL I likely won't watch it, will catch the video on IGN or youtube. They will have the Smash trailer there soon after.

D

Deleted member

Then the trailer can be postponed to San Diego ComicCon 2013.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
It would be disappointing to not see a trailer at this E3 but even if there is no trailer and only screens I'll still probably be frothing at the mouth looking at them lol so it'll all be good either way.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Showing just screen shots is sorta mean. It says we have things to show but we're just going to give you proof rather than something to talk about.

Considering that most games these days pump out trailers before they even reveal gameplay and detailed info I think nearly guarantees a trailer of some sort. Plus with things like the Dojo and certain interviews, we know that Sakurai understands the benefits of creating hype and excitement for a game. He said despite the hard work that went into updating the smashbros dojo site, he thought it greatly help the game succeed. A trailer would be no different.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. A hardcore awesome reveal trailer is sorely needed to spark those Wii U sales. Popular newcomers and graphics engine or bust, yo.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. A hardcore awesome reveal trailer is sorely needed to spark those Wii U sales. Popular newcomers and graphics engine or bust, yo.
Yeah Nintendo really needs to pull out all the stops this E3 to reignite the interest in the Wii U. With the PS4 and 720 no doubt going to be showing off in force. A smash bros trailer as well as stuff from their other big guns is a must for them to ensure they don't get overshadowed by the other next gen consoles. They've still got a few things in their back pocket like whatever Retro is working on. But an actual Smash Bros trailer will get people talking just as much as any of the new reveals from Sony or Microsoft.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo is counting on Smash 4 being the system shifter they need. Lego City Undercover is fun but people aren't going to buy a WiiU just for it. They need to show something and build the hype but to be careful not to let it get out of control like last time. Remember the poop-storm over the Roster being 35 characters? Man, we were greedy little whatsits.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Iwata puts SSB on a golden pedestal, he won't allow it's debut to be anything less than grandiose. It'll probably be the opener or finish of their conference.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't think it would be all that annoying because if they didn't show it E3 they'd simply show it in a Nintendo Direct by the end of the summer. At best we only have about a month and a half left and at worst we'll have 3-4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A ****storm will likely break lose if we don't get a trailer. But honestly, I'd be happy if we at least got some kind of gameplay footage of the game with some new characters and stages etc...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thats basicly a Smash trailer...lol
Oh I though you meant a trailer as in the Melee intro they showed for Melee and the Brawl trailer where Wario blew everyone up with his massive fart etc. I was thinking more along the lines of just gameplay footage than some cinematic scene. But okay then, my bad. If that was what you meant then yeah, that would indeed be quite a letdown.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Oh I though you meant a trailer as in the Melee intro they showed for Melee and the Brawl trailer where Wario blew everyone up with his massive fart etc. I was thinking more along the lines of just gameplay footage than some cinematic scene. But okay then, my bad. If that was what you meant then yeah, that would indeed be quite a letdown.
wasent having a go at you was just saying...also anything at this point will be enough..and after E3 everything that was shown wouldnt have been enough.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
wasent having a go at you was just saying...also anything at this point will be enough..and after E3 everything that was shown wouldnt have been enough.
No I wasn't offended or anything. ^^

Just so long as we get a decent amount of gameplay footage with new characters and stages etc, I'll be happy until the next Dojo comes around... If they do another smash dojo of course.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
No I wasn't offended or anything. ^^

Just so long as we get a decent amount of gameplay footage with new characters and stages etc, I'll be happy until the next Dojo comes around... If they do another smash dojo of course.
I have never played

Donkey kong country 2
Super mario RPG
Super Metroid
Ocarina of time
Majoras Mask
Link to the past
Wind waker
Twilight princess
Zelda:Minish cap

But i really wanna play em...i hope they release some of them on WiiU VC

How can i be a nintendo fan if i havent played those games...right...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I have never played

Donkey kong country 2
Super mario RPG
Super Metroid
Ocarina of time
Majoras Mask
Link to the past
Wind waker
Twilight princess
Zelda:Minish cap

But i really wanna play em...i hope they release some of them on WiiU VC

How can i be a nintendo fan if i havent played those games...right...
No offence but what does that have to do with what I just said? :confused: Oh well, I believe most of those games can be played through the Virtual Console (I would assume the Wii U still has the Wii Shop channel on Wii mode, don't quote me on that since I don't have a Wii U yet.)

I think their still selling the Wii version of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker is getting an HD remake so you shouldn't be having too much trouble getting your hands on those. Minish Cap and DKC 2 would be a little difficult to get your hands on unless you know of a second hand shop as well as having the systems for those games. I actually thought you've played most Zelda games, especially those ones, but okay. ^^;

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh well, I believe most of those games can be played through the Virtual Console (I would assume the Wii U still has the Wii Shop channel on Wii mode, don't quote me on that since I don't have a Wii U yet.)
When playing the Wii U in Wii Mode you have access to the Wii Shop Channel (due note that next week the full Wii U Virtual Console service starts). All those games except Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, & The Minish Cap are on the Wii Virtual Console. However, if Phazon waits until next week, he (and anyone else) can get the Wii U Virtual Console version of Super Metroid for only 30¢. Donkey Kong Country 2 (as well as 1 & 3) WAS on the Wii Virtual Console however Nintendo took them off the store a while back (possibly relating to Rare rights or something.)

Back on topic, there WILL be a trailer at E3. Sakurai might as well shoot himself in the foot if he didn't.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I heard about the DKC games being taken off the Wii shop channel, I only managed to get my hands on DKC 2 but okay. Well thank's for telling me a bit about it. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guess It's a good thing I bought DKC 2 before it was kicked out of the Virtual Console Shop or else Diddy would have had a field day with me too I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom