• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if the next Smash Bros game replaces the Kirby hats with one from the actual series.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So Sakurai has said, with every Smash game, Kirby gets progressively harder to develop due to all his different hats. What if as a compromise, instead of character specific hats, he got hats from his series. What ability would each character give?

For example

Mario and Bowser would give Fire Kirby. Giving Kirby fire breath as his neutral B.

What ideas do you have?

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's a list I whipped up:

Fire
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Captain Falcon
  • Bowser
  • Charizard
  • Ridley
  • Incineroar
  • Pyra
Suplex (command grab)
  • Donkey Kong
  • Wario
  • Diddy Kong
  • King Dedede
  • Pac-Man
  • King K. Rool
Fighter
  • Ganondorf
  • Lucario
  • Little Mac
  • Mii Brawler
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Terry
  • Min Min
  • Kazuya
Sword
  • Link
  • Marth
  • Lucina
  • Young Link
  • Roy
  • Chrom
  • Meta Knight
  • Ike
  • Toon Link
  • Mii Swordfighter
  • Cloud
  • Corrin
  • Hero
  • Byleth
  • Steve
  • Sephiroth
  • Sora
Wheel
  • Yoshi
  • Jigglypuff
  • Sonic
  • Bowser Junior
Beam
  • Samus
  • Dark Samus
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Mega Man
  • Mii Gunner
  • Duck Hunt
  • Simon
  • Richter
  • Mythra
Spark
  • Pikachu
  • Pichu
  • Dr. Mario
  • ROB
ESP
  • Ness
  • Zelda
  • Mewtwo
  • Lucas
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Palutena
  • Robin
  • Shulk
  • Bayonetta
Parasol
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Mr. Game & Watch
Ninja
  • Sheik
  • Joker
Tornado
  • Pit
  • Dark Pit
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Banjo & Kazooie
Water
  • Ice Climbers
  • Squirtle
  • Greninja
  • Inkling
Leaf
  • Ivysaur
  • Olimar
  • Villager
  • Isabelle
  • Piranha Plant

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think dedede and meta knight should give kirby hammer and meta knight sword respectivly!
And kirby gives random abilitys!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I see why that could be a good idea but man that would be disappointing, Kirby’s abilities was such a nice attention to detail that makes him feel interesting and represents the Kirby series without changing his playstyle too much. Replacing it with something that’s close to the series gameplay but not Kirby as a character isn’t the best idea to me.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I see why that could be a good idea but man that would be disappointing, Kirby’s abilities was such a nice attention to detail that makes him feel interesting and represents the Kirby series without changing his playstyle too much. Replacing it with something that’s close to the series gameplay but not Kirby as a character isn’t the best idea to me.
Except kirby as a character doesnt copy someone directly for example he doesnt get the "Waddle doo ability" He gets the beam ability which he uses in his own unique way!
Especially the fact that link doesnt give you the sword ability is a failure in design as the sword ability is directly based on link!

Top Bottom