• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda What if Nintendo made OoT, MM, and WW with TP graphics and controls for the Wii?

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
It is only hard if you dont know whats going on. I watched a friend play it, and he knew it by heart so he knew how to beat it really fast... but I would NEVER be able to figure it out because it doesn't give you any hints on what to do. I would be lost in the forest for the rest of time because I wouldnt know the sequence.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol, we are completely off topic.

The original has no sense of direction at all, I just beat the 5th temple and I have the Blue Tunic which explains the whitish blue tunic in Smash Bros.

I wish they would remake this game with TP graphics.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
They could do better than TP graphics, actually. They should remake it with a more obvious sequence but still challenging enough.

Personally, I'd prefer an OoT remake, though.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lol, we are completely off topic.

The original has no sense of direction at all, I just beat the 5th temple and I have the Blue Tunic which explains the whitish blue tunic in Smash Bros.

I wish they would remake this game with TP graphics.
What? Are you reffering to the white tunic? I though that one was from the Japanese version of OoT. If I'm wrong please inform me on where that tunic came about. :confused:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I honestly think it was just for the sake of including a different color for Link, since there was one spot left over from the generic red, blue, and green costumes.

Scott!

Smash Lord
If i remember correctly, there were other tunics created for OoT including the whitish one in SSB that were cut from OoT eventually, but can be found with hacking or something.

We don't need an OoT remake yet though. It's only been 10 years, and we have Master Quest. Give another game a shot, like the first 2 or Majora. As much as I love OoT, it isn't the be-all and end-all of Zelda, and shouldn't be the only one people care about.

Then again, I don't think either of the first two would adapt well to a modern remake. Either it would just be cosmetic, or they would lose a lot. I could see a 3-D ALttP, maybe, but not the two that came before.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I couldn't either, actually. ALttP almost deserves a remake, though, because if they were to implement TP styled swordplay, the game would just be 10 times more epic.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Oh yeah. ALttP is cool, but it is missing something, I think. So a remake with the same general story in 3D would be epic. Using the boomerang in the Castle would be more interesting in 3D.

morgoth834

Smash Cadet
WW Ganondorf was the best Ganondorf of the series. Both appearance-wise and character-wise.

No thanks. Maybe an upgrade of OoT, but I think it's gravy as-is
Agreed. His wind speech is epic and gave him character and his final quote... "The Wind... It is blowing..." EPIC! Not to mention he looked like an awesome sorceror King and he was killed by having a sword shoved into his head!

Anyhow, anyone else disapointed with the style for the new Zelda game?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I honestly don't think we've seen enough of it yet...

But so far, no, it remotely resembles OoT, which is perfect in my opinion.
It resembles TP from what little we've seen. Of course, TP was supposed to have the feel of OoT, from what I know about it. We'll probably see a game that is dark like Twilight Princess.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it, I don't think they will touch any game of the Zelda series unless they plan on porting it to the DS. They aren't complete morons, Miyamoto would never design a new play Zelda, EVER!!!
Porting it onto the DS is the only way anyone will touch it at all!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ah, Volkner, you and your little puns! :laugh:

I don't think what Kingdom Come said was necessarily true, though. I'm sure Miyamoto could remake a Zelda if he really wanted. After all, they did OoT Master Quest, which was a pretty successful risk.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ah, Volkner, you and your little puns! :laugh:

I don't think what Kingdom Come said was necessarily true, though. I'm sure Miyamoto could remake a Zelda if he really wanted. After all, they did OoT Master Quest, which was a pretty successful risk.
Because they've ported LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, and MM to the GCN, GBA, and Wii definitely shows that they're willing to port GCN Zeldas to the Wii. It's just a matter of a) timing, and b) interest. They'll make money regardless, but depending on when it's released, they'll make even more. I suspect a New Play Wii version of Wind Waker may come out prior to, or after Spirit Tracks or Zelda Wii.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Because they've ported LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, and MM to the GCN, GBA, and Wii definitely shows that they're willing to port GCN Zeldas to the Wii. It's just a matter of a) timing, and b) interest. They'll make money regardless, but depending on when it's released, they'll make even more. I suspect a New Play Wii version of Wind Waker may come out prior to, or after Spirit Tracks or Zelda Wii.
Exactly. But of course, they're busy with ST and Zelda Wii 2, so that probably won't happen in the near future.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Exactly. But of course, they're busy with ST and Zelda Wii 2, so that probably won't happen in the near future.
True. I hope it does happen though, because I have had bad luck with the GC version (Phantom knows what I mean). Plus, how cool would it be to steer the Deku Leaf by using the Wiimote?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
True. I hope it does happen though, because I have had bad luck with the GC version (Phantom knows what I mean). Plus, how cool would it be to steer the Deku Leaf by using the Wiimote?
Yeah, or using the Wii-remote to flap the Deku Leaf and blow enemies away.

I have to admit, though, TP Wii's Wii-remote control got slightly annoying.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, or using the Wii-remote to flap the Deku Leaf and blow enemies away.

I have to admit, though, TP Wii's Wii-remote control got slightly annoying.
Well then they could potentially beef up WW to reflect a hybrid control scheme between TP and Zelda Wii, since TP was built on the WW engine and Zelda Wii will introduce new controls.

Actually, I don't see that happening. I think they'd want to keep the Zelda Wii controls exclusive to that game (despite probably drawing on Wii Sports Resort).

Scott!

Smash Lord
I think it'd be pretty much like TP controls, rather than using any motion+. I think they're gonna use all that stuff for ZWii first, rather than show us all their work with it on a port first. But now, what I'm wondering is if they'd mirror the game like they did with TP. I'd get so lost on the mirrored ocean, since I know it pretty well. The mirroring screwed me over just navigating the Forest Temple in TP when I played my friend's Wii version after beating my GCN version. I don't think I could handle the whole Great Sea in reverse without having a brain explosion.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
I and everyone I know hated the way they made Link right-handed in Twilight Princess. I really hope they don't do that with Wind Waker.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Dude, i say this everytime i pick up a classic nintendo game. " what if this game were remade but with the best graphics available." as for the wii/chuck, i love the interactivness but i would also like the option of say using a classic controller or a gamecube.

as for OoT done cel shaded i believe there is good amount of pics on photobucket so u can see what its like its pretty cool.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would rather have them all in WW graphics lol

edit: wow I just saw that album a couple posts back, too cool

Spire

III
BRoomer
I personally think it's just as interesting to retexture OoT to reflect WW's toon style as it is to reflect TP's more realistic style because OoT does lead into both of these games. Although, this could be debated seeing as how if OoT was made today, it would probably look just like TP.

I think a strange hybrid between the two would be amazing though.

Top Bottom