• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if color changes had special effects?

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking and what if color changed had special effects. Every color change would have some positive effect and some negative effect. For example, Red could mean fury or anger and this make the characters attacks to 2-4% extra damage per hit. However, there might be less knockback or extra lag.
Let me know what you guys think.
Also - Wario is interesting because he has double the extra costumes. Maybe double positive and negative?
Also - normal would do nothing.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then every match would be insta-won by Pink Luigi or Captain Fabulous because every opponent would die of their manliness.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Already been thought of.
Falco would be a nightmare.
Look at what you've created: A chaingrabbing beast.
And do his lasers also get a change in knockback?
If so, then his laserlock is now broken, like Cheese's candy.

Metaknight has already been listed.

Marth......MARTH......AHHHHHHHH!
What have you done?

Dedede? AHHHHHHHHH!
INFINITES!

Game and Watch?......Well, I don't use him or see him much.

Kirby? AHHHHHHHHHHHH!
INFINITES!

No spoon?
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Really, this is why it's not that way.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Horrible idea.

Ness's 8-Bit would be awesome, though.

Mother 3 FTW.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Would it be that bad, i mean, as long as the producers of the game didnt make the character colours totally broken, i could see it adding a new tactical edge to the game. I wouldnt like to see it implemented but I wouldnt be distraught if it was.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
HEY WHY'D YOU GET THE RED MARTH I WANTED THE RED MARTH SCREW YOU.

Yeah, bad idea. They should assign 2 colors per effect if they choose to implement something like that.

SarahPalin

Smash Cadet
I would wish that we could customized their colours...

Olimar has such ugly colours.

Luigi has such amazing colours.
Pit has such amazing colours.
MK has such amazing colours.

SarahPalin

Smash Cadet
I like Olimar's colors. I'm happy with red and black Snake. :D
Olimars colors are way to colorful. Combined with the purple/white/red/blue/yellow pikmins, he doesn't stand out in the field anymore.

Better die looking good than live looking like a scum.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
As I've said many, many times before, that's a very bad idea. As it is we have overused costumes because they're just cool, but people have different opinions and that adds variety. If something changed with a costume everyone would just pick that better costume and it would SUCK.

Also, since only one person can be a certain costume (without glitches, anyway) everyone who is stuck with the worse costume would be stuck. Costumes are so that multiple people can play as a character to make it fair. Costume stat changes would KILL THE ENTIRE POINT.

Customizable costumes would own, though. And that's why we have texture hacking! :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Pink Kirby = Uber Broken because he get's everyone's power like Plasma, Tornado, Mirroir, Tornado, Bomb, Tornado... did I mention how broken Tornado Kirby is? :D

Yellow Kirby = Beam Kirby, a balance power

Red Kirby = Fire Kirby, it's alright

Blue Kirby = Ice Kirby, cool power

Green Kirby = Plasma Kirby = Super Uber; if it was Tornado Kirby it would be ULTRA UBER TO THE MAX!!!

White Kirby = GB powers = nothing but inhaling.

TEECO

Smash Ace
I dont think this would work at all because, people would caaaaaaaaaaaaamp and spamm so much more then they do now. But more colors would have been cool e__e;;

•Col•

Smash Champion
Nah.... -_-

Everyone would have to start picking the colors with the best effects...

crewster

Smash Lord
wario's overall costumes would make the moves have more knockback but less damge. His Wario-Ware coustume would do the opposit. Or vice-versa

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Kind of reminds me of how you could choose different weapons to give different effects in SC2.

Mitsurugi's Damascus Sword...

...that's why they don't do that anymore.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Kind of reminds me of how you could choose different weapons to give different effects in SC2.

Mitsurugi's Damascus Sword...

...that's why they don't do that anymore.
Isn't that this sword which can kill you in like... two hits?

@~Peachy~
Having the Daisy costume spawn flowers instead of hearts would really be awesome, though.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Yep. If he got one hit on you he could just combo it into two more and you were gone.

This is pretty much how Marth would be.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
Would it be that bad, i mean, as long as the producers of the game didnt make the character colours totally broken, i could see it adding a new tactical edge to the game. I wouldnt like to see it implemented but I wouldnt be distraught if it was.
thats my point. what if they were made in such a way that they didnt make the game so broken. Some effects works against certain types a attacks, such a projectiles. - eg. play picks a color. opposing player is falco. falco attempts to do a laser lock but the player picks a color that shortens the time inwhich he cannot move. Thus laser lock is useless.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
It might be a cool idea, but there'd have to be a way to turn off the special effects. What if my favorite color for my main gives him effects that I don't like?

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Everyone would eventually find the perfect costume for each character and use only that. Not a smart idea, and it totally would cut down on color usage.

.CMW.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Special effects on each and every color would suck for obvious reasons. But it would be neat on real alternate costumes like what crewster suggested about Wario.

I think that B moves and general playstyle can be changed as well. The overalls could change Wario's side-b to his trademark Shoulder Charge. His down-b would be his coin toss attack from the first Wario Land. Coin toss would be like turnips except they can be pulled out anywhere. The Final Smash would be the same except for Wario becoming Vampire Wario.

WL Wario wouldn't have an airgame as good as WW Wario, but his ground game would be a lot better.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
Everyone would eventually find the perfect costume for each character and use only that. Not a smart idea, and it totally would cut down on color usage.

.CMW.
but there wouldnt be perfect colors because they will all be balanced, so maybe you have to pick a certain color according to your playstyle or your matchup. i personally love the idea but the creaters would have to go REALLY in-depth about it.

im just throwing this out their too, but what if brawl had a LITTLE rpg in it? like you go through subspace, classic, all star and you find hidden unlockables for your character, like the stickers on a trophy thing but for use in multiplayer, of course then creaters would have to balance the sh*t out of this.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
im just throwing this out their too, but what if brawl had a LITTLE rpg in it? like you go through subspace, classic, all star and you find hidden unlockables for your character, like the stickers on a trophy thing but for use in multiplayer, of course then creaters would have to balance the sh*t out of this.
THIS kind of stuff please goes into the SSB4 Discussion thread, thank you.

Top Bottom