• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What have you gotten out of SmashBoards/SWF

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I gained... 300 something posts in my year + here. Met a few cool people, one or two nameless idiots. critiques on by horrible writing; 2 good ones. The ability to boogie up AND down. A broken laptop, (-__-) and of course <3s

P.S.
Didn't get any grimers... just a mew.

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
i have gotten so much entertainment out of these forums.

during school when i was bored it was always fun to come here and read and post. hillarious.

i also met some complete smash nubs, but they are ok people :laugh:

and this was my first forum, so i learnt how to post and not be a forum ****** on these boards.

i also met lots of people from all over the country as well.

but i havent gotten any grimers.

or muks.

but i assume grimer > muk

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You realize, Amo, you just shattered any illusion that the Broom was respectable with that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In their defense, he is asking to be flamed. The first time, sure, I can understand, second and third, maybe. But when EVERY post you make yourself the vicitm, even saying "Hello" to him could be considered flaming.

M3ca

Smash Apprentice
cool. back on topic again.

gained information. lots of it.
entertainment in many different forms.

kthxbb

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I gained popular status at school by stealing jokes from SWF.

Dibs left, XZero BeatX left, Dr. Neo left, and Uncle Meat Broomed. Poop. I'm stuck with YOU people. >_<

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I learned my Fox and Ice Climbers. They're so sexy.

Plus, this place cures boredom... actually, I don't know... it might actually make me more bored. But it keeps me occupied.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Honostly, I haven't gotten much. I've talked to a couple of people and answered some questions and gotten some reputation points, but not much else.

I was really hoping to find more people to play, but I'm not the type of guy that says, 'Hey you! Yeah, guy I've never met before! Wanna play some Smash Brothers!?"

I can't be the only person in Montclair, Viriginia that plays Melee.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I met commonyoshi and Skywalker... and life pretty much went downhill from there...
No.
I gained popular status at school by stealing jokes from SWF.

Dibs left, XZero BeatX left, Dr. Neo left, and Uncle Meat Broomed. Poop. I'm stuck with YOU people. >_<
Dibs is still here, Zero Beat's with his girlfriend, dr. neo is just a rare sighting these days. And yeah, Uncle Meat is a BRoomer.

SWF has improved my writing skills.

Skywalker

Space Jump
And I made a contradictory statement against your irrational statement.

I'm not sure about the previous sentence making any sense, but whatever. >.<

saberhof

Smash Master
My banner making stuff, english too. learned some stuff i didnt even know about. i guees ive met some real good people here.

shadowstriker2005

Smash Journeyman
It's strange, but I haven't gotten much out of this at all. I haven't formed any friendships/alliances with anybody here, I already had excellent spelling and grammar during my early days, I was too shy to spam, and because not many Smashers live nearby me, I haven't been able to go to a single tournament. However, I have studied posting here, and I have learned how to post thought-provoking comments, as well as try my hand with creating threads (however, most of these have failed.). To be honest, I don't know what would have happened if I didn't discover this place, but all I can say is that I'm glad that I picked up that one Nintendo Power a year ago about SmashBoards.

KaoS

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is the first forum I've ever registered to ... and it will probably be my last.

What do I get out of it? Probably nothing. But whenever my friends start talking about what goes on on their precious "LUE links" forum ... I start talking about what goes on here .... Then they realize other forums have "inside jokes" too.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I got the chance to go to FC6 and SSA4. I will be playing humans this weekend! O my brothers, it is the time to REJOICE!

In terms of things not pertaining to SSBM, SWF has yet to yield any particularly delectable fruits.

I also learned that lots of people have terrible grammar, and misspell "definitely" very, very often. I'm looking at you, Crimson King.

I also think that my grammar has gotten worse since I arrived here. Perhaps I read the pool room too much.

EDIT: Oh, I also improved my SSBM skills. Thanks SWF, I guess.

Top Bottom