• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What have you gotten out of SmashBoards/SWF

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Matt: I don't think sentence fragments are a big issue when it comes to grammatical mistakes; I think that it's when a sentence is so poorly construed that it's difficult to understand the basic idea of the post that it becomes problematic. I admit that the first post made me chuckle :). I think sentence fragments contribute to the "tone" of a post, and are acceptable. They appear in lots of good writing, so I suppose someone with good grammar would occasionally make sentence fragments. I'm saying this more to be saying it; I know you really didn't mean to say that a sentence fragment implies bad grammar. I wish MS Word could read this.

Bazooka Lucca: The Godfather of Smashboards (look it up).

I also would like to take this moment to thank smashboards for all the times it has made me laugh. BRoomers have good senses of humour.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
My first few fays were spent in the PC.

For my first month or two, everyone thought I was Bazooka Lucca's new account.

In my first few months, I was spending all of my time on either 'The OFFICIAL Super Smash Bros. Revolution Thread- Read PAGE ONE before posting!.,' the Pool Room (No, it was not called the 'Proom' back then.), or the Debate Hall (It was open to everyone, and I think you can still find some of my threads there.).

I got a small fanbase, consisting of a guy called 'oxyborb,' along with a hatebase, 'ihatezook.'

After a while, McFox changed my name to Zwiik in honor of the Wii, and took place in the Great Wii Talk of 2006. (It was wiily fun.)

Finally, with the Brawl Forums being taken over by an endless wave of newbies and the Debate Hall closed, I ended up here, in the Proom. I watched lowly spammers grow into mighty Broomers, passing of the modular baton, and the changing of members who rule it.

Knome

Smash Apprentice
This place taught me in one sigle month how to stop being immature. Every other website ive gotten into an argument or just stared cussing people out. People here are too nice. Oh....and it taught me how to spell orange XD.

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
This is a place were you can come and discuss all the great things that Smash World Forums has given you. It’s time to show our appreciation.

So I’ll start, when I first came her I was just a young lad, 16 to be precise but I was under a different name. I was REALLY immature and full of that whole teenage anger and crap. But over time I grew little by little and now I feel thanks to SWF I have gotten better grammar and a lot better spelling. Plus a little bit more intelligent.
lest give him a round of a apluas

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Apparently three wasted months., and 50,000 more people that I hate.:)
but seriously this thread told me what a nerd i am.
EDIT: well SWF is the most enjoyable forum i gone to (I go to two).. I never thought how much fun posting in this forum is(and knowing how much mis-spellers are here(including me))

pdk

Smash Lord
My knowledge of Smash Bros Melee has increased dramatically! I went from a n00b to a more advanced player (my game has improved!) and I went to my first tournament at the cataclysm and did pretty well.
did you lose 40 pounds on the SWF diet too?

anyway, SWF taught me the power... of SWD, and to remind commonyoshi that it's "envelope," not "envelop"

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ You are definitely stupid.
At least he didn't write a story about crocodile people, complete with spontaneous explosions ala Power Rangers. Oh, and he's never written a story that involves global warming melting humanity. He pretty much wins.

I learned how to write a bad story in three hours =).

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
At least he didn't write a story about crocodile people, complete with spontaneous explosions ala Power Rangers. Oh, and he's never written a story that involves global warming melting humanity. He pretty much wins.

I learned how to write a bad story in three hours =).
You're right. In fact, he never wrote a story at all.

Edit: Imagination is one hell of a drug...

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Pokemonmasteromg[/quote said:
I think I got a virus from this place. Either here or at that anonymous naked pool party.
Actually, I really did get a virus from this place. After Moast3, like half the people who attended (ok not half but a lot) came down with a vicious flu. We blamed Ken.

I've actually gotten a great deal from SWF. Most of my current RL friends, a good chunk of my online friends, and, of course, my job, which I wouldn't have gotten if not for skills I learned here.

<3 (not the member the emotion ****it)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I pretty much learn a lot of stuff here, from wavedashing, to... ok lets face it i learn everything here, b4 I dont know how the hell i survived when i played vs my friends, now i know wavedash and my friend (not saber XD) who i considered a tough rival is a breeze to beat, not only that I found out about photoshop and learned and now im makin sigs, I owe a lot to Smashboards... XD

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I've learned nearly everything from SWF... I'd still be playing like a noob thinking I know everything when I obviously don't.

As far as meeting people/making friends, I don't really know anyone on these boards. Guess I'm a loner.
...But I got a cool banner by Stryks. :chuckle:

Stryks

Smash Hero
And I owe the banner making to SWF *Thumbs up smiley here*... Seriuosly, just like fire bomb said id be playin like a n00b rite now, so I owe a lot to SWF...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I learned how to be a pompous, self-absorbed airhead. I wasn't one already, no no, I got it from here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And in total seriousness, I gained pretty well all of my writing skills from this place, as I wrote constantly. Terribly, too, until not long ago. But I'd still be terrible if this place hadn't gotten me deep into writing and given me somewhere to put it up for display.

On another note, if you enjoy my writing, you have Misto Roboto to thank, as his topic in the Bandwidth Bomb Shelter asking people to write stuff was what got me to start writing here.

Top Bottom