• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What has Nintendo done to upset you?

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
-Terrible third party support starting with the Wii
Are you kidding? Nintendo has been losing third parties since the N64 when the Playstation launched and it was even worse when the Gamecube came around but the Wii had AMAZING third party support. Third parties just kept pumping out more and more games for the system. I'm pretty sure it has more games than the PS3 or 360 has. I think what you're looking for is that the Wii lacks the multiplatform games the PS3 and 360 had which is perfectly normal because the Wii was a console targeted to a more casual market. To be honest, if you want to play those games just build yourself a cheap PC, if you don't have one already, and play them on it. If you're buying a Nintendo console for the multiplatforms you're doing it wrong.

-The VC having a terrible game library
I wouldn't say terrible. It has a lot of good games but there are tons of games that Nintendo don't own the licenses for, which are the third party games, and a lot of games that were made by second parties and now have issues over the rights for the games. Nintendo isn't at fault for that.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Are you kidding? Nintendo has been losing third parties since the N64 when the Playstation launched and it was even worse when the Gamecube came around but the Wii had AMAZING third party support. Third parties just kept pumping out more and more games for the system. I'm pretty sure it has more games than the PS3 or 360 has. I think what you're looking for is that the Wii lacks the multiplatform games the PS3 and 360 had which is perfectly normal because the Wii was a console targeted to a more casual market. To be honest, if you want to play those games just build yourself a cheap PC, if you don't have one already, and play them on it. If you're buying a Nintendo console for the multiplatforms you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, the Wii definitely has good third party games like Cooking Mama & those awful shovelware games like Ninjabread Man. At least the Gamecube had some hidden gems in its library that are third party. Sure the Wii had games like Sonic Colors, but despite this, I think its third party support is weak, imo.

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
Sure the Wii had games like Sonic Colors, but despite this, I think its third party support is weak, imo.
Like I said, you're mistaking third party support with game quality. The Wii had tons of third party support but that doesn't mean the games are good. Those are completely different things. What you're looking for is the Wii lacked quality games.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Not being able to use the codes for free stuff that comes with all the games I buy, only because I live in Sweden and rip Club Nintendo. So now I have like 8-10 useless code things for free stuff just taking space.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Not being able to use the codes for free stuff that comes with all the games I buy, only because I live in Sweden and rip Club Nintendo. So now I have like 8-10 useless code things for free stuff just taking space.
I can has?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NcRAVGZUkZHj_sUecMJO0J46qWNFWDQX

WOW. I posted about this game earlier but I didn't think Nintendo would actually let this piece of garbage make it onto the eShop. I know bad games occasionally pop up on Nintendo systems, but this looks like one of those crappy flash games you'd see a first grader playing. If this is what the future of eShop is, then I'm really worried.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NcRAVGZUkZHj_sUecMJO0J46qWNFWDQX

WOW. I posted about this game earlier but I didn't think Nintendo would actually let this piece of garbage make it onto the eShop. I know bad games occasionally pop up on Nintendo systems, but this looks like one of those crappy flash games you'd see a first grader playing. If this is what the future of eShop is, then I'm really worried.
Who needs quality control? Nintendo abandoned this years ago.

deadcult

Smash Cadet
I love Nintendo and have supported and defended some of their past decisions, such as Wii U design, but there are a few recent things that rub me the wrong way.

First off the whole Amiibo fiasco. Sure I can understand that you guys can't necessarily meet demand for the first batches or so, but at least give us some clarity on the whole situation. The PR is just handling this situation so terribly. We don't know if the sold out ones are gone for good or what since we have gotten contradictory statements. And if some of these are gone after their first shipment then screw you Nintendo. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to meet demand and keep making all of them for a while. Or why not let people buy from Nintendo directly. That way they would know exactly how much to produce. It's like they really don't care to make a bigger profit. Plus kids that would actually put these to use are getting screwed by the ebay scalpers. This is assuming they aren't making more of certain ones because communication has been terrible.

2nd annoyance: Smash 4 online. Before I rant, I have to say I absolutely love Smash 4 for Wii U. I love how all the characters play and feel, the attention to detail, the modes and the ability to change up your moves when you are just having some casual fun. But in 2014, this is one of the most abysmal online experiences I have recently played. Sure its not bad, but there are so many ways it could have been better and up to par. Firstly no regional matching does not help with cutting down on lag at all. When every tiny move counts lag can really mess up some characters.

Not only that but a matchmaking system would be extremely beneficial. I believe smash 4 could have a much bigger future in esports if they wanted. More exposure means more people buying smash. A matchmaking system would also help newer player ease into competitive play as well as allowing skilled players to challenge other skilled players. It keeps new players from getting utterly decimated without landing a hit and adds something to work at for people who are into leaderboards. Also with so many ways to customize your game, I don't see why people cannot just make their own lobbies with their own rules or custom moves. I mean people love great and varied online games. Tired of grinding at the leaderboards? Go to for fun and create a game with extra items and custom moves and just have some chaotic fun. Not this 2 minute crap.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
First off the whole Amiibo fiasco. Sure I can understand that you guys can't necessarily meet demand for the first batches or so, but at least give us some clarity on the whole situation. The PR is just handling this situation so terribly. We don't know if the sold out ones are gone for good or what since we have gotten contradictory statements. And if some of these are gone after their first shipment then screw you Nintendo. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to meet demand and keep making all of them for a while. Or why not let people buy from Nintendo directly. That way they would know exactly how much to produce. It's like they really don't care to make a bigger profit. Plus kids that would actually put these to use are getting screwed by the ebay scalpers. This is assuming they aren't making more of certain ones because communication has been terrible.
I'm still surprised they haven't said anything concerning the Amiibos that were sold out since day one. Nintendo's PR is such a joke to me because I was hoping they can give a clear answer if they are discontinuing the Villager, WFT, & Marth Amiibos, but they haven't said anything about it yet. I was wanting to get the Villager Amiibo for Christmas, but since I couldn't get it online due to the prices while still being hard to find at stores, I had to get the Zelda Amiibo instead since it seems Nintendo only cares about only making figurines from their more popular franchises instead.

If this keeps up, I'm jumping off the Amiibo bandwagon. Nintendo's handling this situation very badly.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Honestly, what Nintendo should do is list a catalogue of Amiibos on their website and have them made to order rather than underestimating demand. It would take a bit longer to get them that way, but that's miles better than not getting them at all.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
This might not be Nintendo's fault but I wish the GameCube adapter and amiibo weren't so rare, but they may be having issues making enough.

EpicSui

Smash Rookie
When the Wii U came out at first with barely any enjoyable games, I was a bit disappointed.

But ever since Mario kart 8 came out, I've been using it a lot more often, and the future of nintendo doesn't really seem as bad as it was in 2013.

finalark

SNORLAX
When the Wii U came out at first with barely any enjoyable games, I was a bit disappointed.
I think that's nearly every console ever. Save for maybe the Dreamcast.

I don't know why people seem to expect brand new consoles to have huge libraries filled with tons of high quality games right off the bat. These things take years to accomplish.

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
hating competitive gamers and then using them (**** you nintendo), the horrible names are pathetic, japan exclusive pokemon events, and not releasing the new 3ds to north america by now.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Nintendo letting crappy games like Meme Run be released on the Wii U while other consoles get better games. The more I look at the system, the more I'm starting to see it being just as bad as the N64 because of the terrible third party support.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Nintendo letting crappy games like Meme Run be released on the Wii U while other consoles get better games. The more I look at the system, the more I'm starting to see it being just as bad as the N64 because of the terrible third party support.
Nintendo needs to fire their QA department for Meme Run and their marketing department for the Wii U name. What happened to the NES days when only quality or at least decent games were allowed on their systems?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nintendo needs to fire their QA department for Meme Run and their marketing department for the Wii U name. What happened to the NES days when only quality or at least decent games were allowed on their systems?
I dunno... There are some pretty garbage games on the NES. The garbage level started to go down for the SNES and I think stayed low through the GameCube (although 5th generation was the first console generation I was old enough to start looking at the gaming industry seriously, so I may be a bit wrong on the timing), then the Wii's shovelware came about with the marketing to the "casual" audience and the quality control hasn't worked its way back up.

EDIT: Added a little bit to the middle of the post to clarify.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
The NES had garbage. All consoles have garbage. The only reason why people forget that old consoles had garbage is because so much time has passed that most have forgotten about the bad games and only remember the good. And then act like only the good ones exist.

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
hating competitive gamers and then using them (**** you nintendo), the horrible names are pathetic, japan exclusive pokemon events, and not releasing the new 3ds to north america by now.
For the first part, blame Sakurai and the stockholders. Nintendo would be in a far worst position if Iwata wasn't there. Everyone has wanted his head on a stake but there's a reason why he's still there. He recently said in interviews that he was the reason why Melee released on launch for Gamecube thanks to his programming skills because the game had too many problems. He single-handedly saved many other games such as creating a new compression algorithm for Pokemon Gold/Silver so they can fit Kanto in the game, programming the entire battle system for Pokemon Stadium from scratch without any design documents in a week (alone) and he was known as the best NES programmer ever and could code a game faster than a team could. Hell he even proposed himself to make Melee 2.0 for Wii with added features and content and Sakurai refused and made Brawl instead.

And using the competitive gamers? Get over yourself. Do you actually think Capcom, SNK, Arc Sys or Namco aren't profiting from supporting and sponsoring the competitive scene? Every single one of them would shut them down in an instant if it didn't help sales or their image. That's what sponsoring is all about. Help the scene, help yourself. If anything I'm even surprised Nintendo pulled this 180 and gave the scene a chance. This is good for everyone and not just Nintendo. If anything it will help them realize even further how much the scene is important and will definitely influence the decision making for their future games in order to give back to the community. It's just good business for everyone involved. The fighting game scene would still be tiny with "major" tournaments being hold in basements if the companies didn't decide to support them. It's the only reason why Evo has gotten so big.

For Pokemon and the 3DS I can agree but you have absolutely no idea how big those are in Japan. The US is absolutely nothing compared to Japan. The handheld market, including the Vita, is so huge there that America and Europe look like ants next to it. It's also the reason why mobile is so much more advanced there than it is here. Seriously we're like 10 years behind Japan. They've been doing payments with their phones since at least 2004 while it's only just started everywhere else. It's only natural that companies would favor them. How many people do you see playing handheld systems in public transport? I'm lucky if I even see one person in a day. Unfortunately handheld gaming is still seen as "nerdy" here so not that many people bring them out in public.

The NES had garbage. All consoles have garbage. The only reason why people forget that old consoles had garbage is because so much time has passed that most have forgotten about the bad games and only remember the good. And then act like only the good ones exist.
This. It's like when people say the 70s/80s had the best music yet they forget how much trash it also had. People remember the good and forget the bad. In less 5 years people forget the bad games. I bet no one here can name 10 of the worst PS3/Xbox 360 games that were destroyed by critics. I vaguely remember some of them awful games but I sure can't name 10. Also nostalgia plays a huge role. As a kid you'd rarely buy games so you'd cherish every single one of them. I loved lots of awful games as a kid. For example, I LOVED Superman 64. I replayed it a few years ago and it was unplayable. Hell try replaying Goldeneye today. It's unplayable.

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
I still don't get what the hype behind this game is. Because even back in 1997 there were shooters out there.
I think it's because of what the game brought to the genre. I can't recall shooters before it that had specific missions you had to accomplish in every level, added missions for each difficulty, it had a pretty large inventory of weapons for its time, the weapons allowed you to be a bit more tactical than just shooting everything in sight (even though you could do that too), 4 player split screen was pretty damn fun (except when you had that guy who picked Oddjob) and unlocking the cheats and replaying the missions with them was great. Then again, I never had a PS1 and I wasn't into PC gaming back then except for Diablo so I didn't have many games to compare it to.

Unfortunately time allowed developers to perfect the genre when it comes to controls so if you go back and play it, it just feels really awkward. That game really did not age well.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm pretty ticked that the time Sakurai & Co. could've spent fixing the Ice Climbers went into Dark Pit's creation. KI has too much representation in 4. Also, the heavy amount of Mario in the Game & Watch Galleries (instead of focusing mainly on the original Game & Watch characters, who were pushed into secondaries) kind of makes me want to ban Gallery from Game & Watch canon and consider it not a part of the Game & Watch series (instead, a Mario game with G&W cues). The last Game & Watch was also a Mario makeover of Ball, but, you know, Book Ends.
Because 16 ICs in a match totally would of worked. And cutting four different moves (literally all DP has) would totally make enough time to bring them back.

Pokémon is slowly being ruined. Did they even try to balance Primal Kyogre Mega Kangaskan, Mega Gengar, Mega Salamence, Mega Slowbro and Mega Lucario? And why did they give Greninja Gunk Shot? One of my favorite Pokémon could be sent to Ubers because of a single move, and it had so many checks too. Blaziken is an example of a good Pokémon that was given a single tool that broke it. All the Megas are ruining the chance for more evolutions and game balance.

The main game is getting extremely short and easy. The Elite Four should be a challenge, not four people that don't even try to counter their weaknesses and use four Pokémon. They almost made a step in the right direction with Hard Mode in BW2, but it was unlockable. I got to Iris on my first try, and after I got my own Hydreigion to beat hers, which swept me since my team couldn't scratch it, I immediately beat her.

At least they seem like they 're trying to improve competetive in some ways like the friend safari super training and the new ORAS sneaking/searching thing and certain Pokémon like Gallade Steelix and Azumarill have been given cool tricks.
They're not balancing your rules, they're balancing theirs. Smogon's ruleset isn't used outside of English speaking regions, correct? I'm afraid it'll stay that way until GF gives it some recognition, but then again you might get something after what we've seen for Smash.

-Terrible third party support starting with the Wii
*N64

Seriously, how many decent third party games were there on the N64 exactly?

Actually that'd be my complaint. They let the N64 get made. Nintendo's old president actually banned SE from making games on Nintendo systems (nixing Mario RPG 2 and a Final Fantasy tactics game in the process) because FF7 wasn't coming to the intentionally bass-ackwards console (to weed out "weak" devs, naturally) that also used expensive carts to snatch up even more money from devs. Nintendo was nearly on a gaming monopoly and then threw it down the toilet by keeping that idiot around.

finalark

SNORLAX
*N64

With how glorified the N64 is these days people seem to forget that it was considered "that console that had a handful of great games but absolutely nothing else" back when it was current. Not to mention that horrible controller that makes no ****ing sense no matter what nostalgia has to say.

Let's be honest, if SEGA had their **** and had handled the Saturn internationally as well as they handled it in Japan Nintendo would have been in some serious trouble.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Because 16 ICs in a match totally would of worked. And cutting four different moves (literally all DP has) would totally make enough time to bring them back.

They're not balancing your rules, they're balancing theirs. Smogon's ruleset isn't used outside of English speaking regions, correct? I'm afraid it'll stay that way until GF gives it some recognition, but then again you might get something after what we've seen for Smash.

*N64

Actually that'd be my complaint. They let the N64 get made. Nintendo's old president actually banned SE from making games on Nintendo systems (nixing Mario RPG 2 and a Final Fantasy tactics game in the process) because FF7 wasn't coming to the intentionally bass-ackwards console (to weed out "weak" devs, naturally) that also used expensive carts to snatch up even more money from devs. Nintendo was nearly on a gaming monopoly and then threw it down the toilet by keeping that idiot around.
I didn't want them to balance off of Smogon, Smogon makes bans/rules off of what's overpowered. Giving a Pokémon with 105 attack huge power, Salamence only buffs in its mega, Greninja Gunk Shot, and Blaziken Speed boost is absurd. Mega Slowbro's defense is extremely high, it's on legendary levels. They started just throwing power onto Pokémon to make them better. I phrased that poorly, I shouldn't have brought a fan made system into a game. My complaints about not catering very well to the competitive scene does still stand.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
*N64

Oops, forgot about the N64. Yeah, things really went downhill for Nintendo when the N64 barely had any good third party games. Sure there was Nintendo's games, but their games aren't enough to keep a system good. That's why I prefer the PS1 when it comes to which 5th-gen console has the best games.

And I didn't know Nintendo banned Square Enix back then. Their old president kinda sounded like a **** when he made that move. :/

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
And using the competitive gamers? Get over yourself. Do you actually think Capcom, SNK, Arc Sys or Namco aren't profiting from supporting and sponsoring the competitive scene? Every single one of them would shut them down in an instant if it didn't help sales or their image. That's what sponsoring is all about. Help the scene, help yourself. If anything I'm even surprised Nintendo pulled this 180 and gave the scene a chance. This is good for everyone and not just Nintendo. If anything it will help them realize even further how much the scene is important and will definitely influence the decision making for their future games in order to give back to the community. It's just good business for everyone involved. The fighting game scene would still be tiny with "major" tournaments being hold in basements if the companies didn't decide to support them. It's the only reason why Evo has gotten so big.
What's the deal with gaming companies hating competitive players? Fighting games are inherently competitive, so why stop people from playing it like that?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What's the deal with gaming companies hating competitive players? Fighting games are inherently competitive, so why stop people from playing it like that?
1. Not all gaming companies hate competitive players. Capcom supports their competitive players because it increases awareness of the game, causing them to sell more copies.

2. Sakurai actually intended for Smash to be casual since the very beginning and one of the reasons he made smash was to stand out from other fighting games at the time (mostly traditional 2D like KoF, SF, etc.). He associates all competitive fighting games with the fighters he was trying to differentiate himself from twenty years ago and because of that, he wants nothing to do with a competitive fighting scene.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not making a new F-Zero. With Mario Kart now cribbing off of it, the future is looking even bleaker.
As I said, No one but the dedicated is asking for F-ZERO.

It doesn't sell anymore.

And for those that are on Nintendo's rump for lacking Third Party support, honestly, is the the third party support really worth it, considering what groups like Capcom and SQUARE-ENIX have become?

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
And every single other company like Ubisoft? It seems like they're just rebelling Nintendo for some weird reason.
Some reasons may include:
1. Terrible History of Nintendo slave driving Third Party Groups.
2. Wii U not as Powerful or cool looking as its competition.
3. 3rd Party titles being overshadowed by Ninty's 1st Party titles.

All I could think of.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
As I said, No one but the dedicated is asking for F-ZERO.

It doesn't sell anymore.

And for those that are on Nintendo's rump for lacking Third Party support, honestly, is the the third party support really worth it, considering what groups like Capcom and SQUARE-ENIX have become?
1. When GX came out, it sold over 100,000 units in Japan. It also sold over 250,000 units in North America and Europe, but we haven't had another chance to get F-Zero on a console since. I still think it would sell well, but no one knows if it would because a decade has passed since the last game was released. The series was selling well whenever Nintendo abandoned it, so don't try to defend them for killing off a franchise that was loved and was making them money.

2. Yes... We wouldn't have W101, Bayonetta 2, or MH3U on the Wii U or Bravely Default on the 3DS if it wasn't for third party support. I would still like to have some third-party games from people like Insomniac, would LOVE to have the new Battlefront on Wii U, would want a new Soulcalibur game on the Wii U, and I could go on for a while about games that I'm missing out on because of the lack of third-party support.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
2. Yes... We wouldn't have W101, Bayonetta 2, or MH3U on the Wii U or Bravely Default on the 3DS if it wasn't for third party support. I would still like to have some third-party games from people like Insomniac, would LOVE to have the new Battlefront on Wii U, would want a new Soulcalibur game on the Wii U, and I could go on for a while about games that I'm missing out on because of the lack of third-party support.
For me, I'd crave for a Kingdom Hearts game to come out for the Wii U. Sure the 3DS had Dream Drop Distance, but I still want the Wii U to have a Kingdom Hearts game, too. Sadly, if I want to play a third party game to not come out on the system, I have to go with other options like the PS3/PS4 or on Steam. Nintendo can't just thrive on their first party games. Look what happened with the N64. That console definitely got screwed over thanks to the PS1.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
For me, I'd crave for a Kingdom Hearts game to come out for the Wii U. Sure the 3DS had Dream Drop Distance, but I still want the Wii U to have a Kingdom Hearts game, too. Sadly, if I want to play a third party game to not come out on the system, I have to go with other options like the PS3/PS4 or on Steam. Nintendo can't just thrive on their first party games. Look what happened with the N64. That console definitely got screwed over thanks to the PS1.
Yeah, most recent non-Nintendo consoles I have are the PS2 and the Telstar Ranger. I'll probably get a lot of newer games on Steam, but Soulcalibur is now PS4 and XBone exclusive.

Last edited:

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
And every single other company like Ubisoft? It seems like they're just rebelling Nintendo for some weird reason.
Want to know why Ubisoft is failing on the Wii U? Watchdogs is the perfect example of this. They completed the game for it at the same time as every other console. Instead of just releasing it, Ubisoft just sat on it, started pouting at Nintendo about how the users aren't buying Ubisoft games for that console, lets be fair and say it's probably because Nintendo doesn't want UPlay on the Wii U so Ubisoft doesn't like it. Cue to 6 months later, after the game received tons of negative feedback from both critics and players, they release Watchdogs for Wii U out of nowhere with 0 advertising about it and they expect it to sell well. Ubisoft caused this themselves.

Now as for EA, they said this themselves, they aren't releasing anything for Wii U because Nintendo doesn't want them putting Origin on the system. EA has been hating on Nintendo ever since.

Anyhow I say this is a good thing. With the history for both these companies in the past two years, not having any broken games releasing for Wii U is a good thing. Out of all the platforms, including Steam, Nintendo is the only one with serious quality control when it comes to retail games. Sony and Microsoft should take example because all this crap that has been releasing this year is slowly coming to bite them in the ass. Developers should be penalized for trying to sell people broken games and lying about it. I mean just look at Battlefield 4. How that game was even greenlit for release by EA, Sony and Microsoft is beyond me. For an entire month the game was unplayable because it crashed in the main menu. 2014 has been one of the worst years I've ever seen when it comes to video games. The only exception is Nintendo and thankfully they're getting the praise they rightfully deserve right now from critics, players and awards.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Anyhow I say this is a good thing. With the history for both these companies in the past two years, not having any broken games releasing for Wii U is a good thing. Out of all the platforms, including Steam, Nintendo is the only one with serious quality control when it comes to retail games. Sony and Microsoft should take example because all this crap that has been releasing this year is slowly coming to bite them in the ***. Developers should be penalized for trying to sell people broken games and lying about it. I mean just look at Battlefield 4. How that game was even greenlit for release by EA, Sony and Microsoft is beyond me. For an entire month the game was unplayable because it crashed in the main menu. 2014 has been one of the worst years I've ever seen when it comes to video games. The only exception is Nintendo and thankfully they're getting the praise they rightfully deserve right now from critics, players and awards.
Except for games like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric & Meme Run. For the latter, how in the hell do they think it's okay to release that game instead of a good one? It's obvious they don't care about quality anymore. They're a joke to me now. Nintendo's not any better than those other companies.

finalark

SNORLAX
You want people to stop talking about Meme Run? Stop bringing it up. Prior to this thread I had never heard of such a game. Besides, name at least five other absolute garbage digital games available for the Wii U. One bad games does not make it a recurring issue.

As for Sonic Boom, Nintendo has a contract going on with SEGA for Sonic exclusivity. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't stop the game's release due to legal issues. It's not like SEGA is a second party company under Nintendo and they have the right to step in and say "no." Chances are, the contract said something along the lines of, "You make us some exclusive games, we pay you X amount" or something similar.

Besides, consoles always have their share of trash. Just go down to any used game story that still sells older titles and go check their NES section. Chances are you'll find maybe a few of diamonds among an endless pile of pig slop.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I got Rayman 3D the other week for the 3DS. That game was just broken beyond belief and my save has become an unwinnable one. Aside from the bad swimming controls and sometimes-screwy camera (and probably some other things), there's a game-breaking bug that causes a number of yellow lums in some levels to permanently vanish or even outright not exist before you can collect them so you can never get all 50 lums in the level even if you return to the level or reload the save. I also heard you can't get the 1000th lum unless you heavily exploit Rayman's hurting animation somehow because the platform you're supposed to get on doesn't move even though it's supposed to.

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
Nothing lately, but during the span of the first Wii I was let down often by the wifi and also the outrageous and lengthy method of adding friends in comparison to psn and xbox live users ease of access.

Top Bottom