• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what habbits do u have when u get nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
when u r playing and ur down like 2 stocks and u start to maybe sweat and get nervous what happens. i start to lick my lips a lot and my hands sweat kinda bad. that means im concentrating:psycho:

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I start shaking...=o slightly

But inside, I full jump when I mean to short hop, and end up doing aerials off the edge most.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
My hands feel like rags and my stomach isn't too well settled. When I play I seem to side step way more and also throw out aerials which are probably going to be easily shield grabbed. Bad habits, very very bad.

The Killer Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
When I'm nervous, I get cold and clammy, then I'll start shivering and I'll try to play more defensively.

Smash Master
I (my character) stand(s) still, doing abolutely nothing, in a zoned out state for a second or two. I also play much more conservatively (not jumping out as far for shinespikes)

malfunctiones

Smash Rookie
I concentrate more and I focus. Which can sometimes end up in me flying off the edge, and sometimes I can own the opponent because I trap opponents with my moves when I focus. Sometimes I button mash when I get nervous. I HATE button mash.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I don't get nervous anymore, when I'm behind by <insert amount of stocks> I get serious/try harder than I did before.
Because obviously I'm doing something wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be losing.

VilNess

Smash Champion
I don't get nervous anymore, when I'm behind by <insert amount of stocks> I get serious/try harder than I did before.
Because obviously I'm doing something wrong, otherwise I wouldn't be losing.
Yeah, that´s the attitude of a winner.

I have tended to get too safe, like shieldgrab and in general shield a lot.
I´ll change those! :cool:

Mythos

Smash Cadet
I don't get really nervous,too... but ingame i'm playing then much more defensive, waiting for my opponents attack to punish it

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I'm not quite sure because I'm normally concentrating on making a come back, but I believe I start to jerk the controller in my hand whener they get a big hit in on me.

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
I go into super-duper Zen mode...

My hands speed up, the smile leaves my face, and my mind goes blank. Everything that I do from that point on is pure instinct. My attacks come out faster, and I press my opponent to defend themselves a lot more.

I don't know why, but I play my best when I'm nervous.

Joner

Smash Cadet
I don't get nervous, but I get more serious and try to minimise the damage my opponent deals by being defensive and waiting for my move. Then I strike when I see a good opening, wich often leads into an edgeguard. And then I can often use up+B (I use Link) to finish them. Or I use dtilt to make another opening when they come back.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
I throw around a lot of knees.

Outside of the game.
ahahahahah, that was set up so perfect for the way i read it. i only saw the top half and kinda shrugged it off, then i hit the space bar and paged down, saw the second half and started chuckling. nice one dude, couldn't have worked out any better.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
definatley get defensive and try to avoid attacks until i can find a perfect time to attack them. heart realllly starts goin when its a really close game and im down.

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
I'm usually only nervous my first go at something. My first tournament, I was nervous like crazy. I could barely wavedash, I was clammy, over-agressive or trying to shield-grab too much.

If nervous, I mainly shield WAY too much.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I get too aggressive and just start to itch for a hit. Thats what gets me, cuz I end up missing an l-cancel or something just from being so frustrated, then get smacked around again >.<

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah sometimes when im down by X stocks I just start to play better.(or maybe more carefully)My friends hate it as I have a habit of making good comebacks.They say "****e,Aido just turned on the button"This saying was invented at our 1st tourney when i was playing my friend Dermot's Marth on rainbow ride and he was winning 3-1 and I ended up beating him.Everyone just kept saying "Jesus Aido you really turned on the button there!"If I know im going to lose and im being beaten pretty bad I just start making excuses like "Come on I spot dodged etc.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I'm usually only nervous my first go at something. My first tournament, I was nervous like crazy. I could barely wavedash, I was clammy, over-agressive or trying to shield-grab too much.

If nervous, I mainly shield WAY too much.
umm, im not sue if its just me, but i can't even see what you wrote,

on the subject, i tend to laugh at everything that happens when im playing, like if we're tied at 1 stock each and everytime i get hit or i hit him i laugh...a lot.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
When I get down alot of stocks I start trying to get early kills. Either get to eager with the rest and end up missing and dying, or make a very obvious Kirbicide attempt that fails, I also start trying to spike alot more. Generally, if you are losing by alot, to come back requires some low damage kills, and things like that are some of the best examples of them, but you have to have a cool enough head to pull them off, and I sadly enough, don't.

Courtofdoom

Smash Apprentice
I just change my play style completely. Usually to the opposite of what I was playing before.
IE: Agressive Fox to a camping one or vice versa.

Either way, I'm horrible at come backs so I usually lose.

Then counterpick Sheik FTW!!!

Rob_West

Smash Journeyman
umm, im not sue if its just me, but i can't even see what you wrote,

on the subject, i tend to laugh at everything that happens when im playing, like if we're tied at 1 stock each and everytime i get hit or i hit him i laugh...a lot.
I think i'll find a lighter purple then. <_<

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
oh, whenever i am a character that can spike, i always try to killem quick at low % with a spike, and that can easily mess up. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom