• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Some things that annoy me in For Glory, is when people either

A. Try to be an :GCA: hole and choose the same character as you thinking "haha I beat you with your main" when in reality they spammed one move the whole time.

B. Spam one single move about 50 times.

C. some laggy mexican with horrible internet lags the room.
Why do they have to be a mexican? I've played with people in the same state as me who had an awful connection.

zVenime

Smash Rookie
Why do they have to be a mexican? I've played with people in the same state as me who had an awful connection.
eh, Its just I kinda call all laggy people mexican. I really shouldn't, but I do. heh.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
First time I've been salty in FG in a while... I admit... All because some dumb no-brained Link player kept beating me with nothing but grabs arrows and boomerangs and taunted almost everytime I screwed up a recovery (My DS isn't in top condition, which helps nothing.) as Bayo. I dunno what made me so rusty during those games, but I was. -and that infuriated me enough to run for the salty ditto. In my defense, I almost won, and I don't even play Link, so... :'v Points for me, I guess?.. Ehh...

But yeah, Link... Link spammers need to leave forever. They are no fun at all.

Nice to see that even though the amount of Link players has died down, they're still mostly as obnoxious as ever. >_>''

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
eh, Its just I kinda call all laggy people mexican. I really shouldn't, but I do. heh.
Yeah, you probably shouldn't then.

Yeah, when a ZSS's edgeguard strategy goes something like "dash attack, backroll 3 times, full charge stun gun, repeat as necessary," they start looking pretty fraudulent.
Oh... :( jk/

I'm not going to lie and say my ZSS is good, but I will say it's not that bad.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
People who are good and you have a close match with no lag and they win and then leave after the first match.

I wonder, do they go on For Glory and just want to win and don't like it if someone is good enough to challenge them? I had one guy leave and then come back and to my surprise actually stayed and fought me again. Of course this time I won and he stays for another match so ehh.

This is also followed by people who leave after they win the second match if they lost the first one. Then taunters in bad lag/input lag.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
What grinds my gears when it comes to spamming the most is when people think Counter Spam is totally okay.

It doesn't give me trouble at all; however I can't help but cringe and get a little irritated by it. They either don't know how to play and/or has to be a really young player because I can't imagine anyone thinking its a legit strategy to win. I faced an Ike player who countered the entire time. There was no trying to attack. Just countered. I eventually ended up grab spamming the entire match and beat him just by grabbing. Even after that he chose to stay and continued to counter like it was going to work. I really couldn't understand.

Once he switched to Dark Pit he even spammed his Down B too even though I didn't have a projectile. At least he also spammed Side B and his neutral B, so that's something I guess? Once he figured out that didn't work he left pretty quick. Still though... Why?

This isn't my first encounter with people who think Counters are the best moves ever, and they refused to learn that it wasn't working.

abx

Smash Journeyman
KirbCider KirbCider : I can feel you. I had the same experience yesterday with a Lucario player. He always charged his neutralB and set up a counter as soon as I approached. He did little beside that, despite that I grabbed or baited him constantly. It went on for several matches without the smallest adjustment.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Once he switched to Dark Pit he even spammed his Down B too even though I didn't have a projectile.
Hey, that's not true, you could have eaten him and stole his arrow Neutral-B. Or he could have reflected the wave from your Up-Specia-- Oh who am I kidding? Reflector spam is awful and I come across it all the time. When you're baiting reflector grabs as Robin, one of the slowest characters in game, something's gotta give...

-and out of all the characters people love using reflectors against, Fox is prime candidate... But joke's on them, Fox has the only reflector in game that's 100% consistent to hold as far as I know, so they usually have to play Fox just in order to counter Fox's lasers, but they usually can't play Fox because he's kinda difficult so they lose as Fox so-- 20XX confirmed Fox Fox Fox Fox Fox Fox Fox Fox.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Went up against a pikachu and he decided to spend most his time throwing thunder jolts and trying to stall till sudden death,annoying at first till I caught wind on his movements and capitalize on it.he replied "haha" "overpowered" and left probably reported.

I didn't even throw out a counter surge at all,not even one.

Moshilam

Smash Cadet
I spent 5 minutes jumping over corrins stupid dragon projectile, just to get blown up by the sudden death bombs.

#DownWithDLC
jk

SeekerScorpio

Smash Rookie
Like a bit of what others have said, but it's mainly extremely well timed lag from Californians. To this day from the day it came out to now, I have not faced ONE single Caifornian or so they claim and have a lag free match. The funny thing is, it's both lag types, whole game and magically halfway into the game when they have an advantage. I fortunately can beat them most the time since they tend also suck, but the fact is that whole state lags way more than when I play against people from Japan and even New York/Maine etc etc. I'm in the state RIGHT NEXT to them and I get better results then everyone else but them (except mexico as well).

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'm in California, and even I get crappy matches with other California players.

WTF sakurai?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Kind of tired of FG teammates who play normally for two/three matches and then suddenly they enter the match and start to crouch/walk slowly/hang out in the back and basically contribute nothing to the fight. Why even play another round if you're basically just going to waste two minutes not playing?

Cue the whole room just standing there, walking slowly when they notice the other person isn't even playing. Normally this doesn't happen that much so I never really felt it was a cause for complaint, until it happened to me three times over the course of the past few days. Come on now lol.

Last edited:

MrSaek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrSaek
Those people who spam the whole game and taunt after every kill and proceed to insult you via Player Tags "URBAD".

Ironic right?

YSS

Smash Cadet
People who are good and you have a close match with no lag and they win and then leave after the first match.

I wonder, do they go on For Glory and just want to win and don't like it if someone is good enough to challenge them? I had one guy leave and then come back and to my surprise actually stayed and fought me again. Of course this time I won and he stays for another match so ehh.

This is also followed by people who leave after they win the second match if they lost the first one. Then taunters in bad lag/input lag.
Eh, I've gotten to the point where I try not to read into this too much. I mean, there are so many ways you could spin things:

"Guy wins first match and leaves? How dishonorable!"

"Guy loses the first match and leaves? What a coward!"

"He only beat me once and then left. What a hot shot!"

I mean, he could've had to go to the bathroom for all we know. Just saying. :)

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Recently it's Fox and Yoshi, the two characters who are hard to punish, especially Yoshi, who can just evade attacks and attack with little risk that I can abuse.

Last edited:

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
FG Cloud or any projectile spammer since I suck. Nah but Cloud is pretty annoying. I hate losing to players who I know I can outplay but I slip up and lose or I'm just off my game and can't get past the flurry of projectiles. Mostly because I blame myself for making the stupid mistakes but eh. I also hate when I start off really good but can't get the kill since i get really close to losing or I lose.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
I used to take this mode so serious, until I moved on to smash ladder, locals, and playing people in my crew. the ONLY thing that annoys me now in this mode is Lag. I'm paying 80+ a month for my net, with an Ethernet adapter hooked up to my Wii U. http://www.upload.ee/image/5587236/speednet.png

I shouldn't be getting so many laggy matches, but then I forget I just don't connect well with some people, or they just have straight up bad net, and I'm forced to play in it or SD twice. I honestly don't care the slightest if people:

1: Win once and leave, they could be in a rush somewhere, and if they do this on purpose, then it doesn't really matter. I don't have anything to prove in an online flawed mode, I've gotten results offline.

2: Insult or call me names, I actually find this funny.

3: Spam, spam is really easy for me to avoid, people get too predictable, and it gets them punished.

4: taunting, if people taunt I just taunt them right back. plus its just an animation in a video game lol

osnapitzjer

Smash Rookie
NNID
disaster.report
I just started really getting into playing 1v1 on FG and literally 90% of the people I see are Cloud or Ness players. I feel like I can't get one decent match without someone playing as Cloud spamming all his smash moves (with the obnoxious rolling) or Ness with PK Fire.

Some things that grind my gears on FG is when someone switches to the character you're playing to prove whatever point about how they can kick your butt even with your character. It's embarrassing when they lose though. Lol.

Last edited:

Matthewc65

Smash Rookie
Ground dodge spammers, grab spammers, projectile spammers. I hate using my own projectiles :4corrinf: as much as I have to when I face a projectile spammer. I know how to fight them, but I get impatient because it's so tedious and annoying. I don't usually even consider them characters I consider them the beginner spam bringers.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Ground dodge spammers, grab spammers, projectile spammers. I hate using my own projectiles :4corrinf: as much as I have to when I face a projectile spammer. I know how to fight them, but I get impatient because it's so tedious and annoying. I don't usually even consider them characters I consider them the beginner spam bringers.
I keep seeing comments like these, and it's really kind of disheartening... I'm gonna kinda go over this - not aiming it so much at this guy, but a lot of people come on here with these same issues and I think it's good to just sit and point a few things out from time to time.

Any kind of dodge spam is irritating, but you'll learn to get around it - this one has been done to death as a "this is irritating, but you'll learn to love how nooby it is" thing - these type of players can often just be caught out of dodge with a well-timed attack or by simply lingering attacks in their general area. -and with a little more patience, they can be the easiest fights you've ever had. I know it might feel being patient takes you out of the action a little, but in reality, I find it to build tension, which can essentially be more exciting.

As for grab spam, well, I hate to sound like the "Get good." guy, because I struggle against grab-happy players too, but it's something you just have to get used to - your block can't save you forever, that's just a design choice of Smash and a lot of other fighting games, to boot. Grabs are a powerful tool, and I doubt that there are any players who never use them, but the thing to note is that grabs get beat by a hell of a lot of options. I've had players run clean into jabs over and over before just because they didn't consider any other options except grabbing. I think the main reason people find grabs irritating is they take away control from you as a player, but the thing to note is that this time should be taken to consider how the situation is about to play out. Should you struggle free to avoid pummels? Ready yourself to DI? They're a lot more interactive than people give credit for. But, again, I can understand the irritation. I'm not going to pretend like this one doesn't suck, but grabs are - and trust me - pretty mandatory for a game like Smash.

-now for the real meat of my rant because I see a lot of people complaining about projectiles and how they're "broken" or "unfair" and I think it's a ridiculous notion to even consider them OP by design. Most projectiles in the game only have the benefit of being a longer range option. They're often actually only safe at a handful of ranges. The easiest example being Falco's blaster which is absolutely, hands-down the most irritating move in the game - because it's bad, but effective. -and I know that sounds like a contradiction, but the move itself is bad, it just causes you to struggle, which can often lead a lot of players into simply being locked in shield, or hit with multiple lasers before they wiggle their way free. However, the laser itself does next to nothing, and if you're close enough, Falco is left so open you probably have time to make him suck the strongest move in your arsenal without too much effort. I know that they can often be irritating to play around, but closer to launch, I used to play Marth and Ganon pretty religiously and I, like many other players just found ways around them. Jumping, powershielding... -heck, even things like super armor and reflectors come to mind if you have them at hand, it's all about getting around the obstacles thrown at you. There isn't a single projectile in the game you can literally use on it's own to keep players away forever, not even the notorious Lloid is immune to just being powered through, and I think the ridicule of projectile users just goes back to the reason that grabs are so irritating - they kind of take away your options, they limit your freedom to just run right in there, I can understand that that's irritating, but this is where your defensive knowledge is going to really shine. Don't ignore it. The best defense isn't always a good offense.

When it comes down to it, I know all these things aren't particularly fun. A lot of players just want to jump right in and wail on someone, but there's a real amount of action and tension in trying to hone in on a player who's tactics give you less freedom than you'd otherwise have, and I think a lot of people don't like to take that into consideration when they play. Any player who's spot-dodged a grab and punished, or jumped clean over a projectile and hit the user, or has outright abused their opponents' awful rolling habits absolutely knows what I talk about when I say that there's an intense satisfaction in getting around these tools. I don't think anyone should shy away from them at all, but they're rarely ever going to be the meat of your playstyle. Even as Villager - the damned most gimmicky, projectile-spamming-est character in the history of Smash - you have things like N-air which are incredibly powerful, and cover options and scenarios that your other moves simply can't.

I've kinda rambled on this long enough, but, to wrap up, I know fighting games are not player friendly, they're notoriously so - and Smash being packaged as a more casual game (Which by all means it can be.) can bring quite a shock when certain strategies and moves start to overwhelm players who just weren't expecting so much depth in a game that involves glorious scenarios such as "Mario just punched a dog in the face and it fell into an acid pit.". But these things will become muscle memory and common sense over time if you just stick to the game in a way that suits you. I just don't think you can let yourself get too irritated in the meantime. Contemplate your options and create ideas on how to kick ass in the face of these obstacles, it can actually be a lot of fun...

APlainOldBanana

Smash Cadet
Some things that grind my gears on FG is when someone switches to the character you're playing to prove whatever point about how they can kick your butt even with your character. It's embarrassing when they lose though. Lol.
Sadly I'm one of those people. ;(

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
First time I've been salty in FG in a while... I admit... All because some dumb no-brained Link player kept beating me with nothing but grabs arrows and boomerangs and taunted almost everytime I screwed up a recovery (My DS isn't in top condition, which helps nothing.) as Bayo. I dunno what made me so rusty during those games, but I was. -and that infuriated me enough to run for the salty ditto. In my defense, I almost won, and I don't even play Link, so... :'v Points for me, I guess?.. Ehh...

But yeah, Link... Link spammers need to leave forever. They are no fun at all.

Nice to see that even though the amount of Link players has died down, they're still mostly as obnoxious as ever. >_>''
Expecially now when Link got insane buffs.

Link spammers are tougher than ever.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
*Long post that I agree on. Nicely said dude.
You know, I figured there would be people out there that get mad about grabs or anything that 'locks' you out of the game while the other player goes on the madness, but you know what, I get it but at the same time, oneself can DO THE SAME THING only with different tools. Otherwise, the game wouldn't be as strategic and 'keep on your toes-fun' as it is. It has been since the first entry, why be stingy about it NOW...?

For those characters/people that use either one tactic or manage to get good (hehe...) at the kirks of the characters they're playing as, that is UP TO THE ONE PLAYING. If the game gives you the option to do so, then why don't use it...? Is not like it is banned or if it takes you out of the game on the spot. (Spam excluded obviously. One thing is spamming, the other is calculating your options and go on with them...) You can persevere if you try enough and take on those 'problems' if you learn of them and make the best of what you can do in the game.

About projectiles, yeah. I can KIND of see where people, and you, go with that, since some of them can 'cripple' you and be tedious but at the same time, when a character does a move it 'stations him/her' in place just like the one in the effect of it; and if you manage to avoid that attack you're free to do the same to him/her. It isn't rocket science to say that both players have the same options-set-ups-luck if they can capitalize on them. Is just up to what happens and the skill of the players.

Grabs-Multiple Strikes-Projectiles...

You know, just some of the kind of moves that can 'keep you' in place can be done to either, and getting a way around them is what the game offers.

Defend-Counter-Attack-Evade...

There's the options ANYONE can use and they're as effective as the last and each if done right. And the game, can reward you in aces if you do.

THAT'S the magic of a fighting game. It is a fight. Many tactics exchanged between two or more participants to see who gets the upper hand and depending on what one can do, it'll be decided quickly or it could a long way for it, but in any way, that's how the games, the genre is. People should know of that by now...

And when that happens, fun times can be had.

Like you said, it can be. For example, when you manage to put someone in their place when they thought they had you where they wanted only to to turn it aroundat the last possible chance is SO SATISFYING to see and do. And that's where in games like SMASH in general is just so liked.

Just my 0.02$

Anyway, it has been awhile since I have posted here so I figured to post here after awhile of not doing so. (You know, getting used to the new DLC adds which I may talk about on a different ocassion if I have problems with them, if any, or just to give my view on them for example) Quite fun for such a long post, but hey, I don't mind, particularly when we go to the core of what makes the game.

:bowser:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I keep seeing comments like these, and it's really kind of disheartening... I'm gonna kinda go over this - not aiming it so much at this guy, but a lot of people come on here with these same issues and I think it's good to just sit and point a few things out from time to time.

Any kind of dodge spam is irritating, but you'll learn to get around it - this one has been done to death as a "this is irritating, but you'll learn to love how nooby it is" thing - these type of players can often just be caught out of dodge with a well-timed attack or by simply lingering attacks in their general area. -and with a little more patience, they can be the easiest fights you've ever had. I know it might feel being patient takes you out of the action a little, but in reality, I find it to build tension, which can essentially be more exciting.

As for grab spam, well, I hate to sound like the "Get good." guy, because I struggle against grab-happy players too, but it's something you just have to get used to - your block can't save you forever, that's just a design choice of Smash and a lot of other fighting games, to boot. Grabs are a powerful tool, and I doubt that there are any players who never use them, but the thing to note is that grabs get beat by a hell of a lot of options. I've had players run clean into jabs over and over before just because they didn't consider any other options except grabbing. I think the main reason people find grabs irritating is they take away control from you as a player, but the thing to note is that this time should be taken to consider how the situation is about to play out. Should you struggle free to avoid pummels? Ready yourself to DI? They're a lot more interactive than people give credit for. But, again, I can understand the irritation. I'm not going to pretend like this one doesn't suck, but grabs are - and trust me - pretty mandatory for a game like Smash.

-now for the real meat of my rant because I see a lot of people complaining about projectiles and how they're "broken" or "unfair" and I think it's a ridiculous notion to even consider them OP by design. Most projectiles in the game only have the benefit of being a longer range option. They're often actually only safe at a handful of ranges. The easiest example being Falco's blaster which is absolutely, hands-down the most irritating move in the game - because it's bad, but effective. -and I know that sounds like a contradiction, but the move itself is bad, it just causes you to struggle, which can often lead a lot of players into simply being locked in shield, or hit with multiple lasers before they wiggle their way free. However, the laser itself does next to nothing, and if you're close enough, Falco is left so open you probably have time to make him suck the strongest move in your arsenal without too much effort. I know that they can often be irritating to play around, but closer to launch, I used to play Marth and Ganon pretty religiously and I, like many other players just found ways around them. Jumping, powershielding... -heck, even things like super armor and reflectors come to mind if you have them at hand, it's all about getting around the obstacles thrown at you. There isn't a single projectile in the game you can literally use on it's own to keep players away forever, not even the notorious Lloid is immune to just being powered through, and I think the ridicule of projectile users just goes back to the reason that grabs are so irritating - they kind of take away your options, they limit your freedom to just run right in there, I can understand that that's irritating, but this is where your defensive knowledge is going to really shine. Don't ignore it. The best defense isn't always a good offense.

When it comes down to it, I know all these things aren't particularly fun. A lot of players just want to jump right in and wail on someone, but there's a real amount of action and tension in trying to hone in on a player who's tactics give you less freedom than you'd otherwise have, and I think a lot of people don't like to take that into consideration when they play. Any player who's spot-dodged a grab and punished, or jumped clean over a projectile and hit the user, or has outright abused their opponents' awful rolling habits absolutely knows what I talk about when I say that there's an intense satisfaction in getting around these tools. I don't think anyone should shy away from them at all, but they're rarely ever going to be the meat of your playstyle. Even as Villager - the damned most gimmicky, projectile-spamming-est character in the history of Smash - you have things like N-air which are incredibly powerful, and cover options and scenarios that your other moves simply can't.

I've kinda rambled on this long enough, but, to wrap up, I know fighting games are not player friendly, they're notoriously so - and Smash being packaged as a more casual game (Which by all means it can be.) can bring quite a shock when certain strategies and moves start to overwhelm players who just weren't expecting so much depth in a game that involves glorious scenarios such as "Mario just punched a dog in the face and it fell into an acid pit.". But these things will become muscle memory and common sense over time if you just stick to the game in a way that suits you. I just don't think you can let yourself get too irritated in the meantime. Contemplate your options and create ideas on how to kick *** in the face of these obstacles, it can actually be a lot of fun...
I agree been playing FG since 3DS release then switched to WiiU when that released been maining Ganon & DDD.

I know how hard it can be but more you face them the better you get at countering them.
Question:? Have you ever faced a Good Duck Hunt?

I dont know why i decided to stay to face this guy and not leave...it was brutal very brutal....it is what it is...
What can i say when he is constantly winning in % by about 40%-50% everytime thinking he is gonna win when one read lead to a Fsmash...
It is what it is.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It grinds my gears a bit when opponents choose to run/avoid you the whole time whether they're in the lead or not.

I encountered a lot of this in For Glory the other night during Team Matches, and it honestly baffles me why some will choose to do this especially if we're the ones in the lead. Did they miscount the score or something? Nothing peeved me more the other night when my friend and I came across a double Mewtwo team, who was already down by -3 and decided to play the camp game, taunt, teabag, and would run when we approached them. We eventually stopped trying and waited it out, only to be called "Cowards"... What?

We didn't have the need to approach anymore, and they chose to run the rest of the match anyways. Why put forth the effort when you're going to run instead of attack us anyways? Maybe if you tried to approach us things would of turned out differently, maybe? Who knows.

We also came across a Marth and Roy Team, where the Roy eventually started hiding at the edge and began teabagging in hopes of luring us over, so he can try to throw us off and edge guard. Once we noticed that we started wailing on Marth and he did nothing but kept Teabagging the whole time. Never tried to assist him, and we got two extra KOs for it. Seriously people... Why? This pains me.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
It grinds my gears a bit when opponents choose to run/avoid you the whole time whether they're in the lead or not.

I encountered a lot of this in For Glory the other night during Team Matches, and it honestly baffles me why some will choose to do this especially if we're the ones in the lead. Did they miscount the score or something? Nothing peeved me more the other night when my friend and I came across a double Mewtwo team, who was already down by -3 and decided to play the camp game, taunt, teabag, and would run when we approached them. We eventually stopped trying and waited it out, only to be called "Cowards"... What?

We didn't have the need to approach anymore, and they chose to run the rest of the match anyways. Why put forth the effort when you're going to run instead of attack us anyways? Maybe if you tried to approach us things would of turned out differently, maybe? Who knows.

We also came across a Marth and Roy Team, where the Roy eventually started hiding at the edge and began teabagging in hopes of luring us over, so he can try to throw us off and edge guard. Once we noticed that we started wailing on Marth and he did nothing but kept Teabagging the whole time. Never tried to assist him, and we got two extra KOs for it. Seriously people... Why? This pains me.
Yeah, some people really love the whole "not fighting" idea a little too much sometimes, especially considering, y'know, this is a fighting game.

I've had problems with this before personally too, it's just no fun to play against - a lot of the time they're not even that good at baiting/punishing either so they're just standing around waiting for an opening. Had a Captain Falcon player do this to me just last week and it was the least interesting fight ever. All I had to do was literally wail on him with projectiles until he slipped up dodging/powershielding. No shock then as soon as they respawned they ran and SDd and left.

I don't get it. What are these people achieving?

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Yeah, some people really love the whole "not fighting" idea a little too much sometimes, especially considering, y'know, this is a fighting game.

I don't get it. What are these people achieving?
I can understand to some degree that playing passively like that can help aid a lot of characters sometimes (like Villager for example), especially if the opponent has someone that will have no choice but to approach them at some point. I can understand baiting someone and enforcing a punish on them once they make a poor choice; however, I do not get why people will choose to do so when it's clearly not in their favor or refuse to approach at all times even if it means they lose. It's like they rely on that tactic far too much sometimes.

One of the most basic skills in Smash is to be able to adapt to your opponent, right?

If one thing is obviously not working why do you choose to continue doing it? Do you think I'll just suddenly grow stupid and forget everything I learned? Do you think that I'll no longer understand what you're up to and go towards you in some derpy blind rage or what?

It's like with that Marth and Roy team. I can only imagine that Marth begging for his buddy to help him while my friend and I were wailing on him, but that Roy refused to stop hiding at the edge and do something about it. He just kept teabagging his heart out in hopes we'll probably get enraged or something from it. We knew what he was trying to do. We didn't care if he had 138%. He allowed us to KO his friend twice because he was too stupid to understand we weren't going to fall for it. It cost them the match, and guess what?

That Roy tried to do the same thing for another two matches... Did he just no longer care?

He got involved sometimes, but would still hide at edges and teabag. That was suddenly his main thing when he was doing just fine before. If he had a high percent he would just run and repeat what he was doing before. We've also came across a team that had a lousy, typical For Glory Link on it. Ya know, the rolly polly ones that only know arrow. He too chose the run method and we flat out ignored him. We took the arrows while going after his buddy and won by +4 since it was basically just a 2 V 1 with random projectiles.

Link, your buddy is in trouble. Quit running. Quit hiding at the edges. Your spam isn't working. Please help him. Don't let him suffer alone.

I've even came across a Zelda a month back who literally stayed at the edge the entire time trying to spam her Dins Fire and Phantom... While I was ROB. She would run to the other side of the stage if I approached and would rarely actually try to punish me. That caused her to lose miserably, yet she wanted a rematch where she kept doing the same thing. Why don't they get it? Passive isn't always best.

For the love of the Smash Gods... Please learn that one tactic just isn't enough sometimes. Don't run or camp if it's not helping.

Don't sit there and watch your teammate perish. Have a heart and help him, even if it means you get KOed instead. You're a team.

Act like it. /End Rant

Last edited:
People spamming moves like Corrin's side B and when I retreat back into neutral to zone them out, (like, once) the change their name to "CAMPY" or "NOOB" then leave.

Like, seriously, man?

It's called playing a King Dedede main.

Get used to it, man.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I keep seeing people on FG who's Miis are called things like "Noob" and it just makes me wonder if it's a lazy way to pre-emptively insult the opponent or if it's just them basically saying "If you beat me, it doesn't matter because I'm bad." - both of which are incredibly stupid, especially when a few of these players I've fought have been notably good. Also, why go out of the way to call your Mii "Noob" in the first place?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I keep seeing people on FG who's Miis are called things like "Noob" and it just makes me wonder if it's a lazy way to pre-emptively insult the opponent or if it's just them basically saying "If you beat me, it doesn't matter because I'm bad." - both of which are incredibly stupid, especially when a few of these players I've fought have been notably good. Also, why go out of the way to call your Mii "Noob" in the first place?
Noob is a funny name.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Don't be childish, if what they're doing is working then let them use it and learn to beat it.

~~~~

I'm annoyed by people that have one match, beat me, then leave. I wanna see if I do better against you with my other mains, damn it.
I actually rejoice when that happens... mainly because every time that's happened to me, the last match had too much lag. It's almost like the server kicks the slow opponent after the match ends. ;)

As for what irritates me, it's people taking advantage of lag and completely wrecking you in the process!

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I haven't heard someone mention this, even though I'm sure it was said sometime.

My personal most hated thing on For Glory isn't the spammers or the name-callers or anything like that.

It's the tryhards.

You know, the people that constantly run around and shield, dash dance when they get a kill, short hop around with aerials... for no reason other than to look like you're good?

Those are the real people you're gonna hate.

In my opinion? Spammers are nothing. They're SOO easy to defeat.

I actually have, like, a record of me disrespecting For Glory Ness players with Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I haven't heard someone mention this, even though I'm sure it was said sometime.

My personal most hated thing on For Glory isn't the spammers or the name-callers or anything like that.

It's the tryhards.

You know, the people that constantly run around and shield, dash dance when they get a kill, short hop around with aerials... for no reason other than to look like you're good?

Those are the real people you're gonna hate.
RIGHT?! It's like "man, calm down. this isnt last stock at evo 2016 vs zero, this is for glory. relax."

Sheik and falcon players are the worst offenders of the "i got a kill so im just going to shorthop fair/nair for no reason over and over until you respawn" thing. I'll sometimes just wait out the respawn timer while they go to town on...the air, I guess...as if to say "you done?"

osnapitzjer

Smash Rookie
NNID
disaster.report
That, and people who try to do something equivalent to wave-dashing by moving their joystick back and forth really fast after they take a stock from you to basically say, "Look! I'm really good at this game!"

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I don't really hate anything in For Glory, but mostly because I'm so used to everything there by now. Before, it was the scrubs who think they're better because they play several characters that I disliked. I remember one guy who was switching characters every match, from Falco to Sheik to whoever else he was playing; I don't remember exactly who he was using every match. Every one of his characters was very easy to beat. It just got boring after a while, and I don't feel like I accomplished anything even though that one person brought me to a positive record. The one thing I found entertaining was when I killed his Sheik with a taunt spike, but other than that point, I couldn't find it enjoyable at all.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Aside from the other FG "fun" that the rest of you have mentioned, my main gear grinder comes in the form of "idlers".

I have no idea why they feel the need to try to get you banned for "idleness", especially if you never encountered each other and have no reason to do it.

Another gear grinder of mine is running into players that completely destroy you. Keep in mind that this isn't necessarily a bad thing, I love fighting good players, but c'mon, at least give me a fighting chance!
I especially abhor the one's that taunt/insult you afterwards. C'mon, if you're going to play that well, at least be a good sport about it instead of being the spaztic ******* you're presenting yourself as.

And finally, like 420quickscoper 420quickscoper mentioned, the Tryhard. I think this was properly explained.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Honestly, people complain about short hop airs and stuff in place of a taunt, but I do them as warm up when I'm playing and I'm particularly pumped or feel like my inputs are getting rusty (More likely the latter. >_>). Unless it's the same move over and over, I really don't mind, but I say the same for taunts, so...

Just keep it mixed up, don't have your reaction to each kill be the same crap over and over again because you're too lazy to bother thinking of ways to show off. Infact, go as far as to not even "show off" sometimes, that way it doesn't feel like you're just forcing it to be obnoxious.

Top Bottom