• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Mr. G&W

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mr.G-W
3DS FC
4725-7944-0757
Switch FC
SW-1951-5696-0402
What really makes me mad are the kinds of trolls who either spam attacks and not give the other player a chance to dodge or counter; and the other is the kind that is a sore loser and cheeses with some character, spamming the same attacks and then taunting with each KO they score against you. Scumbags like that need to be banned, especially when they abuse their name tags in the Wii U version.

Okay, maybe I'm being over-sensitive and I'm getting worked up over nothing. But, there are many other people who have suffered this and don't deserve what happened to them. Especially when trolls do their routine spamming for all the wrong reasons. There is a difference between spamming because that's all you can do, and spamming to tick people off. There is a difference between playing hard and going for cheap. There is a difference between sportsmanship and flat-out insulting. And this kind of disgraceful behavior shows very, very poor sportsmanship. That's why I've reported and blocked such people in the Wii U and 3DS versions.

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
For me, it's about not being able to tell if your foe respects you, or they're just laughing at you for even trying to spend time fighting them only to get beat up and outplayed over and over again while trying to fight as hard as you can.
(Note that this mainly applies to With Anyone 1 on 1)

Cause I'm one of those players who are meant to get bodied over and over again, and with only a SMALL amount of actual wins here and there, or no wins at all.

So far, I funny enough, haven't actually encountered any roll-spammers and/or "certain-character-abusing mains" people have complained about. My matchmaking seems a lot more varied for me.
I'm a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to the subject of "respecting" players. Mainly because while I do encounter the good player once in a while on For Glory, despite that I still try to go for the dirty or disrespectful kos. It might just be to my need to style on my opponent but I count so many times where playing as :4palutena: even when my opponent is off the stage and with NO WAY of coming back I still feel the need to drop off and give them a good n-air, b-air, d-air, or even a foot stool if I think I can get it.

That being said I don't mean for others to feel like their a waste if my time, just my desire to pull **** moves often times takes over when I have the opportunity to do so. Anyone else ever feel that way during a match sometimes? It's kind of like a "No hard feelings bruh, but I kind of want this."

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I'm a bit of a mixed bag when it comes to the subject of "respecting" players. Mainly because while I do encounter the good player once in a while on For Glory, despite that I still try to go for the dirty or disrespectful kos. It might just be to my need to style on my opponent but I count so many times where playing as :4palutena: even when my opponent is off the stage and with NO WAY of coming back I still feel the need to drop off and give them a good n-air, b-air, d-air, or even a foot stool if I think I can get it.

That being said I don't mean for others to feel like their a waste if my time, just my desire to pull **** moves often times takes over when I have the opportunity to do so. Anyone else ever feel that way during a match sometimes? It's kind of like a "No hard feelings bruh, but I kind of want this."
lol, perhaps I get you.

And speaking of "disrespectful KO's via meteor smashes/spikes", at the moment I've posted this, I just got back from an hour ago from an intense back-to-back spree with a tough :4sonic: Sonic player while brushing up a bit more on my :4falco: Falco (way beforehand I've lost hard against a guy several times in a Conquest; and he bodied me VERY HARD with a white :4samus: Samus and started to switch to characters like :4lucina: Lucina and :4falcon: Captain Falcon).
Like those very few times on For Glory, even though the Sonic player taunted me each time he killed me in those first two matches (I for sure won the third one), overall it was actually pretty fun.
I think eventually during the two final matches he switched to :4littlemac: Little Mac (I was the one who left), the final round I had with him I managed to take off the first stock with a VERY lucky down aerial meteor smash (I was trying to gimp him safely from the stage with either result). This was out of pure luck since I was at a high height intercepting his Side B recovery, and I'm normally a guy who's edgeguarding skills are not as good against human players (I'd rather rack up damage and kill from the center of the stage).

Last edited:

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
I fail to understand why so many people complain about spamming.

Some characters rely on "spamming" (otherwise known as using their best options) as per their playstyle. How do you play Megaman without "spamming"? How do you play Lucas without using PK fire? How do you zone with Link without using a lot of projectiles? Getting angry and even reporting people for using their character correctly is ridiculous

The characters I just mentioned aren't even considered top tier, the reason being, spamming simply does not work in high level play. Find me a single video of a high level player losing to spamming.

Spamming is inherently predictable. You can't complain that someone is using the same move over and over but then have no reason why you weren't therefore able to read it and counter.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I fail to understand why so many people complain about spamming.

Some characters rely on "spamming" (otherwise known as using their best options) as per their playstyle. How do you play Megaman without "spamming"? How do you play Lucas without using PK fire? How do you zone with Link without using a lot of projectiles? Getting angry and even reporting people for using their character correctly is ridiculous

The characters I just mentioned aren't even considered top tier, the reason being, spamming simply does not work in high level play. Find me a single video of a high level player losing to spamming.

Spamming is inherently predictable. You can't complain that someone is using the same move over and over but then have no reason why you weren't therefore able to read it and counter.
This is quite true.

In my honest opinion, due to Smash always being more of an easy-to-pick up party game rather than a traditional fighter, it's easy to just do simple things like use the same tactic over and over; compare it to zoning with other competitive games and most likely Smash's style of environment makes it harder to actually see it as zoning and/or lockdown.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
This is quite true.

In my honest opinion, due to Smash always being more of an easy-to-pick up party game rather than a traditional fighter, it's easy to just do simple things like use the same tactic over and over; compare it to zoning with other competitive games and most likely Smash's style of environment makes it harder to actually see it as zoning and/or lockdown.
I'd agree with that myself. Zoning and spamming are definitely much different. I feel that you are spamming if your playstyle almost entirely revolves around that projectile or projectiles; zoning is simply using that projectile to apply pressure or hinder your opponent's approach without using it as your only means of dealing damage.

Have you ever seen a For Glory Link scrub who tries to do anything besides projectile spam, rolls, smash attacks, and down air? (especially the former of the four)

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
It's kind of why I can't get on Sonic's case too much for using spin dash a lot. It's like "How dare he use his bread and butter for combos and mix-ups?" It's kind of what makes him good.

Not to mention spam of generally any kind can always be punished if you know how, either with perfect shielding or jumping. You just got to find a way around it instead of complaining about them doing it.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Spam is primarily annoying because, if thats all they do, and how they get most of their damage on you, it's mind-numblingly tedious to deal with.

Let's be real here; we all know what spamming is Vs. zoning. It's all in the mentality.

A spammer just lobs stuffs at you mindlessly. They play unoptimally.

People who actually try to zone you out use their tools to limit your options, and create opens for them to strike.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
Regardless of the mentality behind it, if a player uses the same move over and over there's no real reason why that cannot be read and worked around. Annoying shouldn't enter the equation. It's your job to deal with it. Nobody should have to adjust their gameplay so you enjoy the match more.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Regardless of the mentality behind it, if a player uses the same move over and over there's no real reason why that cannot be read and worked around.
"Just read it" is not the catch-all solution you and many others seem to think it is. Saying that is about as helpful as telling people who struggled against pre-patch bayonetta to "just DI."

Sometimes you cant "just read it." Sometimes they do something different than you predicted. Sometimes theres input lag and you mess up your punish. And sometimes the character you're playing struggles with prjectile characters no matter what reads you make. Even good players get tripped up by bad players.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
"Just read it" is not the catch-all solution you and many others seem to think it is. Saying that is about as helpful as telling people who struggled against pre-patch bayonetta to "just DI."

Sometimes you cant "just read it." Sometimes they do something different than you predicted. Sometimes theres input lag and you mess up your punish. And sometimes the character you're playing struggles with prjectile characters no matter what reads you make. Even good players get tripped up by bad players.
The only people who said that about Bayonetta were Bayonetta players, but let's not revive that particular topic considering it's finally behind us now.

"Sometimes they do something different than you predicted" - then they're not spamming? Either way, no matter what your opponent does, if it works, it works. There's no such thing as playing unfair, playing lame or playing cheap. If it works on you then you're the one with the issue. You don't seem to understand that spamming is either used to zone or harrass, or because the spammer simply doesn't know better, but either way nothing broken or advance skill level is happening here, and anyone with a mid level understanding of the MU and control over their own character can do something about it.

There's nothing "spammable" in the game that cannot be worked around, unless you have an example of some kind of broken move that I'm unaware of?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I'd agree with that myself. Zoning and spamming are definitely much different. I feel that you are spamming if your playstyle almost entirely revolves around that projectile or projectiles; zoning is simply using that projectile to apply pressure or hinder your opponent's approach without using it as your only means of dealing damage.

Have you ever seen a For Glory Link scrub who tries to do anything besides projectile spam, rolls, smash attacks, and down air? (especially the former of the four)
Funny thing; so far I've NEVER encountered a Link player at all on For Glory lol

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
It's kind of why I can't get on Sonic's case too much for using spin dash a lot. It's like "How dare he use his bread and butter for combos and mix-ups?" It's kind of what makes him good.

Not to mention spam of generally any kind can always be punished if you know how, either with perfect shielding or jumping. You just got to find a way around it instead of complaining about them doing it.
lol, speaking of that, you can see my earlier reply post to someone else regarding me fighting against a Sonic player.

He was quite tough, as he spammed Spin Dash/Spin Charge right into me and into the usual jump; if he launched me, he'd chain up aerials with a Spring Jump pursuit for added measure (my teching and reaction to always avoid it was quite sloppy).
However, if I blocked it, he'd try to use the Homing Attack in a random direction to throw me off. It wasn't until later 7-to-10 matches I started to adapt a lot more and then onwards have the guts to hit him out of the Homing Attack with strong aerials like back aerial (I was playing as Falco at the time trying to brush him up, and recovering from my bodied streak of a conquest Samus player).

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
The only people who said that about Bayonetta were Bayonetta players, but let's not revive that particular topic considering it's finally behind us now.

"Sometimes they do something different than you predicted" - then they're not spamming? Either way, no matter what your opponent does, if it works, it works. There's no such thing as playing unfair, playing lame or playing cheap. If it works on you then you're the one with the issue. You don't seem to understand that spamming is either used to zone or harrass, or because the spammer simply doesn't know better, but either way nothing broken or advance skill level is happening here, and anyone with a mid level understanding of the MU and control over their own character can do something about it.

There's nothing "spammable" in the game that cannot be worked around, unless you have an example of some kind of broken move that I'm unaware of?
I'm just going to remind you of the name of the topic we're in and leave it at that.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
I'm just going to remind you of the name of the topic we're in and leave it at that.
If you're implying that you're entitled to your opinion because you're staying on topic, well it grinds MY gears that people change their tag to "spammer" and "reported" because I probably used t-jolt three times in a row and it was too much for their peanut brain to deal with. Ipso facto, nothing wrong with this debate/conversation.

So your point is kind of pointless, especially coupled with the fact that only a few days ago you were posting in the "who was that player" thread about how salty somebody made you?? Maybe it was because you already posted in this thread, wishing cancer on someone, and you didn't want to double post. It's confusing which rules you choose to apply.

But hey, if you think of an actual response, as in a broken move that is easy to spam and impossible to work around, PM me.

Fenny

Smash Ace
People who taunt at the start of the match and then when you taunt back to greet them they attack you.

The beautiful thing about being a Bayo main is that she can cancel her taunts midway so if they try that on me I can make them pay for it in full.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
If you're implying that you're entitled to your opinion because you're staying on topic,
No, I'm implying that you getting on my case about finding spam annoying, in a thread about things that annoy you while playing online, is kind of stupid.

Why is it always that if a person finds something annoying to deal with, someone will always just assume that person cant beat said thing and thats the only reason why it bothers them? Like c'mon man, this is some Jr high school-level crap you're giving me.

"Ugh, spammers are so annoying to deal with."
"HURR HURR LEMME GUESS, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND CANT BEAT THEM? HAHA!! GIT GUD!!"

Dude, I've beaten spammers, ok? Just because I won or read their every move does not mean the experience was a good one. Fighting certain characters, especially in lag, is never fun, no matter how good the the actual player is.

You've accused me of not being able to read rolls. Well, here you go; here's me reading rolls just fine.

well it grinds MY gears that people change their tag to "spammer" and "reported" because I probably used t-jolt three times in a row and it was too much for their peanut brain to deal with.
Such is life on For Glory. "Learn to deal with it." Isnt that what you keep trying to tell me do to?

So your point is kind of pointless, especially coupled with the fact that only a few days ago you were posting in the "who was that player" thread about how salty somebody made you?? Maybe it was because you already posted in this thread, wishing cancer on someone, and you didn't want to double post. It's confusing which rules you choose to apply.
Salt can do some crazy things to a person. I normally dont get nearly as toxic and hateful as that. That was a special case. But having said that, I make no apologies, no excuses, and regret nothing.

But hey, if you think of an actual response, as in a broken move that is easy to spam and impossible to work around, PM me.
I think you're missing the point, perhaps deliberately so, just so you can keep putting me down. If that isnt the case, I would very much like to see you rip into other people for similar complaints.

Spam does not have to be a viable tactic in order for it to be an annoying one. Same goes for the classic "roll in-grab/downsmash."

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
If you're implying that you're entitled to your opinion because you're staying on topic, well it grinds MY gears that people change their tag to "spammer" and "reported" because I probably used t-jolt three times in a row and it was too much for their peanut brain to deal with. Ipso facto, nothing wrong with this debate/conversation.

No, I'm implying that you getting on my case about finding spam annoying, in a thread about things that annoy you while playing online, is kind of stupid.

Why is it always that if a person finds something annoying to deal with, someone will always just assume that person cant beat said thing and thats the only reason why it bothers them? Like c'mon man, this is some Jr high school-level crap you're giving me.

"HURR HURR LEMME GUESS, IT'S BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND CANT BEAT THEM? HAHA!! GIT GUD!!"

Dude, I've beaten spammers, ok? Just because I won or read their every move does not mean the experience was a good one. Fighting certain characters, especially in lag, is never fun, no matter how good the the actual player is.

You've accused me of not being able to read rolls. Well, here you go; here's me reading rolls just fine.

Such is life on For Glory. "Learn to deal with it." Isnt that what you keep trying to tell me do to?

Salt can do some crazy things to a person. I normally dont get nearly as toxic and hateful as that. That was a special case. But having said that, I make no apologies, no excuses, and regret nothing.

I think you're missing the point, perhaps deliberately so, just so you can keep putting me down. If that isnt the case, I would very much like to see you rip into other people for similar complaints.

Spam does not have to be a viable tactic in order for it to be an annoying one. Same goes for the classic "roll in-grab/downsmash."
inb4 this thread gets locked

Zoom!

Smash Cadet

That cancer comment rubbed me the wrong way so yeah I've purposely picked apart the crap you've been spewing. Although this spam debate wasn't even directed at you, you kinda weighed in on the conversation, so, when in Rome.

Interesting that you defensively mentioned the cancer comment was a special case, but even so you regret nothing(?!). That speaks volumes about your character, but I'm not going to go down that road. I don't need to. You can't literally wish cancer on somebody and then have an issue with anything I've said. Doesn't work that way.

The tl;dr version of what you said is that just because spamming is annoying to you, doesn't mean you don't know how to deal with it. Yet if you knew how to deal with it I doubt you'd find it annoying, so interesting paradox you've enlightened me to there. Props.

Also the video evidence. Lol.

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
People who taunt at the start of the match and then when you taunt back to greet them they attack you.

The beautiful thing about being a Bayo main is that she can cancel her taunts midway so if they try that on me I can make them pay for it in full.
They won't even see it coming either. Most FG scrubs who bothered to look at the patch notes probably think Bayonetta isn't even remotely good anymore.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
That cancer comment rubbed me the wrong way so yeah I've purposely picked apart the crap you've been spewing. Although this spam debate wasn't even directed at you, you kinda weighed in on the conversation, so, when in Rome.

Interesting that you defensively mentioned the cancer comment was a special case, but even so you regret nothing(?!). That speaks volumes about your character, but I'm not going to go down that road. I don't need to. You can't literally wish cancer on somebody and then have an issue with anything I've said. Doesn't work that way.
I mean, someone else said something similar (I believe it was "GET AIDS"), and not a peep from you, so.....

The tl;dr version of what you said is that just because spamming is annoying to you, doesn't mean you don't know how to deal with it. Yet if you knew how to deal with it I doubt you'd find it annoying, so interesting paradox you've enlightened me to there. Props
Literally, the exact opposite of what I said.

Here, I'll even repost it so there isnt any doubt.

"Dude, I've beaten spammers, ok? Just because I won or read their every move does not mean the experience was a good one. Fighting certain characters, especially in lag, is never fun, no matter how good the the actual player is.

Zoom!

Smash Cadet
I mean, someone else said something similar (I believe it was "GET AIDS"), and not a peep from you, so.....

Literally, the exact opposite of what I said.

Here, I'll even repost it so there isnt any doubt.

"Dude, I've beaten spammers, ok? Just because I won or read their every move does not mean the experience was a good one. Fighting certain characters, especially in lag, is never fun, no matter how good the the actual player is.

I didn't see that AIDS post. I monitor this thread as much as the mods do. If somebody said that then yeah it's equally ****ty, but I'm not going to call them out on it now just so you don't feel singled out. Again, you can't make comments like that but then have issues with anything I have to say.

And your quote perfectly corresponded with the paradox comment I made so no I didn't fail to understand.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
"Spam is annoying regardless if I win or lose" is pretty ****ing simple to follow, so congrats on managing to **** it up even so.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Why is it always the good players who are complete ***holes online always use ";)" or the teary face?

kii

Smash Cadet
People who are 2kewl2 approach, and then wonder why they're losing to a character that doesn't have to.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Why is it always the good players who are complete ***holes online always use ";)" or the teary face?
Well, sometimes people always have to devalue players who suck (e.g. me).

Getting thrashed by a :4gaw: while I'm trying to manage my :4falco:? Then next thing you know he switches to :4ganondorf: on the third match and leaves afterwards. Must've thought I was a waste of life in general or something all because he proved that he could disrespect me all his life or something.

Then I get trashed by a :4kirby: player as my most comfortable character (:4feroy:) due to some dumb moves of mine (I'm a waste of human flesh I get it). We switch and switch and while I started to stick with :4corrinf:, I eventually gave up since I got the message that I was wasting his time and that I should kill myself for even playing the game so badly in the first place.

How did I give up? When he was feeling in a :4zss: mood, I decided to pick :4wario2: and spam Wario Waft most of the match while running away from him, showing that it was futile of me to struggle.

Just in a day's work to feel like it's worthless to struggle against an online player who you can't tell is either having fun with you or just saying you need to slit your throat.

Last edited:

Fishly101

Smash Rookie
Personally, I hate fighting a good player who taunts.
I don't really mind fighting good players, they give me a good opportunity to test my skill, but when they taunt over everything, I get rather annoyed. Taunting after some amazing combo string or gimp is fine; taunting over that kill when we were both at 130+ isn't okay.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Personally, I hate fighting a good player who taunts.
I don't really mind fighting good players, they give me a good opportunity to test my skill, but when they taunt over everything, I get rather annoyed. Taunting after some amazing combo string or gimp is fine; taunting over that kill when we were both at 130+ isn't okay.
Feels for you.

It always makes it feel even more annoying to struggle against the Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy who can do whatever the **** he wants all because he can beat anyone up better than you ever will. Classic bull**** trope.

Fenny

Smash Ace
>Implying For Glory jerks aren't either dumb teens, NEETs, or something in between.

Here's a tip for y'all - play patiently and taunt them a lot.

Those kind of people tend to make the most mistakes when their ego's been damaged, since they have to prove themselves as dominating. Do that and it'll be easier to capitalise on their slip ups.

Not guaranteed to win you the match, but it'll make things easier and they deserve it so there's no need to feel bad about it.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Yeah, sometimes you need to let people be their own worst enemy. If you have to resort to sitting in shield and playing passive just to rein them in a little, then thats what yu have to do. Little macs are especially bad when it comes to people who just seem to go nuts.

You know, the kind of player who makes you say "WHAT IS THIS GUY DOING? AND WHY AM I GETTING HIT BY EVERYTHING?"

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sometimes you need to let people be their own worst enemy. If you have to resort to sitting in shield and playing passive just to rein them in a little, then thats what yu have to do. Little macs are especially bad when it comes to people who just seem to go nuts.

You know, the kind of player who makes you say "WHAT IS THIS GUY DOING? AND WHY AM I GETTING HIT BY EVERYTHING?"
Little Macs on For Glory are almost never knowledgeable on game mechanics. Most Macs you see won't know how to tilt/smash angle so you're safe on shield. (Low-angled fsmash specifically has really high shield damage). Or, you could just bait them into using side-B off the edge and spike them. Then save the replay and send the clip to a youtuber that makes FG salt montages.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Or, you could just bait them into using side-B off the edge and spike them. Then save the replay and send the clip to a youtuber that makes FG salt montages.
Oh yeah. It can be included alongside other such "impressive" feats like shulk fair-fair-upB, falcon knee reads, mario fludd-cape-fair spike, and basic meteor smashes.

In case you cant tell, I'm kinda salty about never getting my clips featured when I actually do submit something cool (like tech two ness upB 2s in a row, at kill %, and footstool him) and the person is like "nah fam, stage spikes are where its at."

Last edited:

hoppyKnitz

Smash Cadet
The worst situation I got in was going against a ganon troll over laggy connection, and after insulting me at one loss, I took too long in char select screen and I got random, ending up with Pit who I know nothing about, and I just fought to get ridiculed more lol

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
So I just got called a coward for playing defensively and spacing my opponent out with :4palutena: you know a character who SHOULD be played defensively. For Glory man, gotta love it.

Agitato

Smash Cadet
NNID
AgitatoEX
3DS FC
1822-1384-9573
I don't really understand the appeal of this thread, or the many others like it. I get that people on FG can be practically subhuman in terms of skill level and sportsmanship, and that they can get away with bull**** in lag sometimes. But simply venting about it doesn't help you a whole lot.

Hell, there's an entire thread that exists solely for the purpose of discussing specific aspects of the game that you struggle with and working on them. It may not be as easy as coming here and calling something "scrubby", "cheap", or "spam" - then debating with other users whether those things are qualitatively scrubby, cheap, or spammy - but it will help you a lot as a player.

Not to mention that you may want to just cool off and play some matches versus friends. FG players typically teach you nothing, but will make you angry very easily if your veins don't run ice water under stress.

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
I don't really understand the appeal of this thread, or the many others like it. I get that people on FG can be practically subhuman in terms of skill level and sportsmanship, and that they can get away with bull**** in lag sometimes. But simply venting about it doesn't help you a whole lot.

Hell, there's an entire thread that exists solely for the purpose of discussing specific aspects of the game that you struggle with and working on them. It may not be as easy as coming here and calling something "scrubby", "cheap", or "spam" - then debating with other users whether those things are qualitatively scrubby, cheap, or spammy - but it will help you a lot as a player.

Not to mention that you may want to just cool off and play some matches versus friends. FG players typically teach you nothing, but will make you angry very easily if your veins don't run ice water under stress.
I guess it's mainly because some of these foes also love to purposely irritate you with the bs they pull off. It's a common thing to be quite ragey for us American gamers. =P

jcx

Smash Journeyman
So I just got called a coward for playing defensively and spacing my opponent out with :4palutena: you know a character who SHOULD be played defensively. For Glory man, gotta love it.
LOL. Assuming you won the match, the other guy shouldn't have been talking if defensive play kicked his ass.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Two things that have been annoying me as of late, especially since it's been almost constant the past few times I've been on For Glory:

1. Players who will run away the entire time, until they're down a stock. Then they're suddenly serious and going full on aggressive, but the moment they make it equal again they go right back to running away. Yes, I'm aware you'll win automatically if you're a stock ahead of your opponent when the timer runs out; however, if you can prove to me you can play aggressively and show me you are completely capable of closing the gap why would you chose to run the entire time? It just doesn't make any real sense to me really.

Are they just wanting to troll people, or maybe their original idea was to stall the whole time until they got a stock taken away? I've been seeing this so much on For Glory lately and it seems like it's the only players I get as of late. I'm not banned, so whats the deal?

2. I think I may of posted about this before, but in case I haven't... I don't quite understand why people will suddenly start spamming when they've either lost to you a lot, or are starting to lose. I'm talking about the people that show you they are capable of pulling off combos, set ups, reads, and more suddenly resorting to the spam tactic like it's their only remaining option. I just hate seeing that a lot.

It pains me to find someone I enjoy going against cause they do pretty well and the matches get close, but then go Mewtwo and camp/spam shadowball and do nothing but roll. You just shown me you were better than that. Why would you resort to such a thing?

Is my King Dedede that upsetting? I'm not even that great of a King Dedede to begin with...

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
LOL. Assuming you won the match, the other guy shouldn't have been talking if defensive play kicked his ***.
Yeah I even got the replay of the match saved too. So he was playing as Samus (Dark suit I believe) and I was reflecting his projectiles back whenever I could, and using auto reticle to make him approach and start a grab combo going. The last KO I got off his Samus was refecting a fully charged plasma shot. When the match ended he just started whining and complaining how I was a "coward" and told me to "stop running" and my favorite "P.O.S"

Gotta love people who don't know the difference between cowardice and spacing.

Top Bottom