• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What grinds your gears in For Glory mode? (THE ROLLENING)

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
That happened when I used my Kirby on FG. I was doing his pseudo-chaingrab on my opponent (fthrow -> dair -> regrab -> repeat), and then he went Kirby next match and tried the same thing and failed; I was still playing Kirby, and the pseudo-chaingrab doesn't work well on lightweights.

It's kind of normal to see salty dittos, to be honest. If they don't switch to Sheik, Diddy, Bayo, Mac, or Falcon, they're switching to your character if you don't play the five characters I just mentioned.
Indeed, I just don't get it... Why do they expect to win with a ditto when they normally never play as your character, while you are an experienced main with a nice win rate? It never works. I've literally NEVER been beaten by other Kirby players on For Glory, I always beat them with ease. That's because most are copycats who think they can Kirbycide me.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I hate it when people switch to my character after losing a few times.

I hate it when more when they win.

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
FG players sometimes never do anything... You know the kind who sit in shield, roll sporadically, walk very slowly (as a taunt too) and generally will never attack until they know you mess up. I try spacing my moves and being unpredictable but they still never make a move until i make a mistake. Both of my characters (WFT and robin) have poor grabs too so i can't deal with shields or rolls very well, nor can i land safely against something who waits for me instead of giving chase in the air.

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
FG players sometimes never do anything... You know the kind who sit in shield, roll sporadically, walk very slowly (as a taunt too) and generally will never attack until they know you mess up. I try spacing my moves and being unpredictable but they still never make a move until i make a mistake. Both of my characters (WFT and robin) have poor grabs too so i can't deal with shields or rolls very well, nor can i land safely against something who waits for me instead of giving chase in the air.
This is familiar, I do it myself too sometimes. Taunting and then seeing what opponents do. Sometimes it's simply the smartest thing I can do, why not? It gets a bit weird when opponents do the same thing, then I'll end up walking slowly and using Final Cutter from a distance to stay safe and do some residual damage.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
This is familiar, I do it myself too sometimes. Taunting and then seeing what opponents do. Sometimes it's simply the smartest thing I can do, why not? It gets a bit weird when opponents do the same thing, then I'll end up walking slowly and using Final Cutter from a distance to stay safe and do some residual damage.
I usually just camp, especially because the playstyle fits Villager more so than most other top tiers (and is useful against Bayo :p). Most of the time, I will try to see what their approach options are (or lack thereof) before I try to get out of neutral.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I usually just camp, especially because the playstyle fits Villager more so than most other top tiers (and is useful against Bayo :p). Most of the time, I will try to see what their approach options are (or lack thereof) before I try to get out of neutral.
And if you go by SmashBeefy, on a video of them, they talked about ways to deal with :4bayonetta: and apparently 'camping' and proyectiles go a long way to deal with her, so you're in the right track, somehow, hehe...

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I'm starting to notice a lot of people who seem to know a character really well but have appalling fundamentals. Happens a lot when I play against top tiers especially. You know the ones, they can hit a really nasty string that makes you think you're about to get bodied but then they don't know how to DI, don't understand combo %s and keep airing into shields? Yeaaah.

These are the kind of people that spring to mind when the word "carried" comes up.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to notice a lot of people who seem to know a character really well but have appalling fundamentals. Happens a lot when I play against top tiers especially. You know the ones, they can hit a really nasty string that makes you think you're about to get bodied but then they don't know how to DI, don't understand combo %s and keep airing into shields? Yeaaah.

These are the kind of people that spring to mind when the word "carried" comes up.
I try to mix up my options (partially because I'm following Ranai's example, partially because doing approaching the same way every time is generally bad), although I do use Villager's dair on shield myself. However, it's disjointed and usually goes behind a gyroid.
And if you go by SmashBeefy, on a video of them, they talked about ways to deal with :4bayonetta: and apparently 'camping' and proyectiles go a long way to deal with her, so you're in the right track, somehow, hehe...
I took ZeRo's word when he said camping was the safest option; I never actually checked out the Beefy Smash Doods :p

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

A pity. Since it is then when you figure if they're as good as you thought or not. Kind of brings to mind how when you face someone; At first, they're troublesome. You can't seem to get a hold of them, but somehow as the match/matches (and if the player decides to stay on for a little longer, which again, can be rare...) go on, you get an idea on how they work. Like, you can space your attacks, get close gradually, DI yourself flawlessly and next thing you know, you are bodie-ing your opponent. HARD.

And the sad part being that, your opoonent can't keep up with that, funnily enough if at one point that person was doing 'better' enough to defeat you. Interesting.

It has happened to me quite a few times, actually. Kind of amusing somehow. :seuss:

I took ZeRo's word when he said camping was the safest option; I never actually checked out the Beefy Smash Doods :p
Ha. Interesting. I haven't seen that video of his but yeah. Seems like it isn't that far off from Beefy's one. If you check it out, you might notice the trend somewhere of that being a valid tactic to fight back, hehe.

:bowser:.

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
People with a solid gameplan that I can't react to quick enough. I tend to lose between 50-100% at the start of most matches because of this. For example, :4marth:/:4lucina: that constantly approach with F-Air, then D-Air, then some combination of F-Smash or Dancing Blade. I can face this fine when I know what they're going for, but at the start of a match with a completely new person, it's not easy. (Especially with Ganon, because he's not exactly the type of character who can escape bad situations or throw stuff at them.)

Also, For Glory :4littlemac:. I can beat them most of the time, but it's the one time that Smash Spam works that leaves me feeling salty.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
People with a solid gameplan that I can't react to quick enough. I tend to lose between 50-100% at the start of most matches because of this. For example, :4marth:/:4lucina: that constantly approach with F-Air, then D-Air, then some combination of F-Smash or Dancing Blade. I can face this fine when I know what they're going for, but at the start of a match with a completely new person, it's not easy. (Especially with Ganon, because he's not exactly the type of character who can escape bad situations or throw stuff at them.)

Also, For Glory :4littlemac:. I can beat them most of the time, but it's the one time that Smash Spam works that leaves me feeling salty.
:4ganondorf: is hard to use on FG... I remember when I last used him, there was a :4wario: who kept spamming grounded Side-B onstage, and I couldn't manage to get him off for a while (although I won in the end). Solid :4marth:/:4lucina: players are hard to find on FG, though; I mostly run into counter-spammers.

:4littlemac: is annoying just because people seem to think he's actually overpowered. A lot of scrubs on FG will counterpick him if they don't go to :4sheik:, :4bayonetta:, or :4diddy:. Sure, his ground game is good, but once a combo starts, he's basically doomed. If he's offstage, he might as well SD right away :p

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but it grinds my gears to find a severely good player on For Glory; however I am unable to enjoy it because they have to be the most pompous, egotistical player ever. I finally find that 5% which is rare enough, but they're jerks.

I'm okay with being two stocked and ultimately destroyed. It just means I have to try harder and actually learn for a change, and you gain a little bit of knowledge with each loss. Sadly they have to Teabag, Taunt like absolutely crazy, and sometimes even make you look like a terrible player by forcing you to play cat and mouse with them and taunting in the process. They don't want to just destroy you, they want to destroy every bit of enjoyment you have and attempt to make you feel worthless. Yes, you're really good and stuff.

Yes, you ultimately destroyed me. You've proven that very well and I would even compliment you for it, but you end up throwing toxic dirt in my face. Why can't I find a really good player who is actually respectable and nice? I'd lose to them 30 times in a row if they made it fun.

It's a shame how an ego can make someone into a complete jack*** sometimes.

Last edited:

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
:4ganondorf: is hard to use on FG... I remember when I last used him, there was a :4wario: who kept spamming grounded Side-B onstage, and I couldn't manage to get him off for a while (although I won in the end). Solid :4marth:/:4lucina: players are hard to find on FG, though; I mostly run into counter-spammers.

:4littlemac: is annoying just because people seem to think he's actually overpowered. A lot of scrubs on FG will counterpick him if they don't go to :4sheik:, :4bayonetta:, or :4diddy:. Sure, his ground game is good, but once a combo starts, he's basically doomed. If he's offstage, he might as well SD right away :p
:4ganondorf:honestly isn't that hard to use in most circumstances. It's mostly when you find an average player that throws out quick and safe moves that are hard to punish with even light input lag. Most good For Glory players have at least a few bad habits or make just enough mistakes for a stressful, but medium-difficulty match.
I wish I ran into more counter-spammers honestly, it's fun to Warlock Punch them. Or just bait out the counter and hit with a solid smash attack.

:4littlemac:from my experience isn't counterpicked nearly as often as :4cloud:. Most often what happens is that when I beat someone as a character that isn't low tier, they immediately bring out the For Glory Cloud. F-Smash is fun when it's as stale as 5.99 jokes.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but it grinds my gears to find a severely good player on For Glory; however I am unable to enjoy it because they have to be the most pompous, egotistical player ever. I finally find that 5% which is rare enough, but they're jerks.

I'm okay with being two stocked and ultimately destroyed. It just means I have to try harder and actually learn for a change, and you gain a little bit of knowledge with each loss. Sadly they have to Teabag, Taunt like absolutely crazy, and sometimes even make you look like a terrible player by forcing you to play cat and mouse with them and taunting in the process. They don't want to just destroy you, they want to destroy every bit of enjoyment you have and attempt to make you feel worthless. Yes, you're really good and stuff.

Yes, you ultimately destroyed me. You've proven that very well and I would even compliment you for it, but you end up throwing toxic dirt in my face. Why can't I find a really good player who is actually respectable and nice? I'd lose to them 30 times in a row if they made it fun.

It's a shame how an ego can make someone into a complete jack*** sometimes.
Gets worse if you're atleast respectably good compared to them. I've ran into players exactly like this except even if you win a game or two (Even if it's only because they're sandbagging.), they'll go right back to being a jerk the second they start winning again.

I just don't understand why people have to try so hard with this crap. Way I've always seen it is that if you're that good, you shouldn't have to spam taunts and crouches to rub it in that you're better, you'll naturally do it anyway, and a whole less irritatingly at that.

I'm an advocate of taunting and showing off to add flair to a KO (Bonus points if it's before the KO, not after.), or even a fight in general, so it usually doesn't bother me a whole lot, but there are some people who can't even do that right, and that's when it annoys me. By all means, taunt and run/jump around the stage after a KO, but I don't wanna see players doing the exact same taunt after every kill, sometimes multiple times, and then crouch until you need to shield, it's just irritating, and looks dull to boot.

Toxic BS never makes a good player. I have no idea why anyone seems to think it does.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I'm an advocate of taunting and showing off to add flair to a KO (Bonus points if it's before the KO, not after.), or even a fight in general, so it usually doesn't bother me a whole lot, but there are some people who can't even do that right, and that's when it annoys me. By all means, taunt and run/jump around the stage after a KO, but I don't wanna see players doing the exact same taunt after every kill, sometimes multiple times, and then crouch until you need to shield, it's just irritating, and looks dull to boot.

Toxic BS never makes a good player. I have no idea why anyone seems to think it does.
I'm perfectly okay with that. If it was some amazing KO, either zero to death or one hell of a combo then you have every right to taunt and show off a little bit in my book. If it's just that stunning there's no way I can get mad at that. It's what they do after that kills that way of thinking. There really is no reason to go overkill on someone you know you can beat without much effort. It's honestly a little sad.

An example of this would be the situation I was referring to last night.

It took place in 2V2 For Glory with my friend and we came across a stunning Marth and Robin duo. They had flawless teamwork and edge guarded with absolute perfection. They managed to get me in a deadly zero to death combo and KO me in the first 20 seconds of the match. Even if my friend tried to help there was nothing he could do about it. Oh yeah, they definitely taunted that and it was impressive enough for them to do so. I was stunned and not even mad that I got my butt rekt. It's what they did afterwards that was overkill.

They started to spam taunts, and eventually one ran away the whole time, taunted, ran, taunted again, and was absolutely disrespectful in every manner. We stayed for three matches total with them cause again, it's so rare to find that 5% on For Glory. It's nice.

We would of stayed a lot longer if they didn't make the air so toxic I could swear we were getting cancer from it.

Is it really that impressive to take down someone of a lower skill than you? I know me and my friend have often won 2V2 matches with a score of +8 or even +10, and we never once try to taunt them or anything for it. There's no reason to because it's not that impressive.

People can't be expected to immediately be good at something. We all started off as "New" and we all had to learn to get where we were.

Have people forgotten that?

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
Okay, I know I've mentioned this before, but people treating you like crap for playing Samus even though they play Mewtwo really needs to stop. It's bad enough when people act like an ass just because of your character, but playing Samus against Mewtwo is a whole different story already without people going out of their way to rub it in.

There aren't a lot of tools Samus has that are better than Mewtwo's, and a lot of them Mewtwo actively counters on top of that, so I see no reason for people to get salty at all. Infact, the one thing people hate about Samus, I'd argue Mewtwo is better at too, which makes the whole thing even more frustrating.

Honestly, feel free to be salty at any other time against Samus, she has good tools that can really mess with players, especially those who are inexperienced in the MU, but when you're playing the objectively better character, not only in the MU, but I'd say in the game in general, you can't cry about me playing Samus (Yes, even when you keep getting hit with charge shot.).

(Also, can we get rid of the 'Spamus' stigma in general? It doesn't make sense, there are literally no moves Samus can safely spam. I know it's kinda a joke, but people take it seriously, and it's reaaal damn irritating.)

Smilker

Smash Rookie
Playing against people who drag out the match way too long and generally make the whole match boring grind my gears and make me not wanna play! I'm more into fast matches or matches where I'm neck and neck with someone and it lasts long because of it, but when the match is going on long because the other is just spamming or running most of the time, I get mad and annoyed.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Playing against people who drag out the match way too long and generally make the whole match boring grind my gears and make me not wanna play! I'm more into fast matches or matches where I'm neck and neck with someone and it lasts long because of it, but when the match is going on long because the other is just spamming or running most of the time, I get mad and annoyed.
Then you wouldn't like to fight me, because I'm very campy :3

Even then, though, I'm more than ready to react if someone comes close to me. I'm not like some people, who will take one stock off you and try to stall the match out, no matter what character they're using (some characters aren't suited for stall) or how much time there is left (there was this Lucario player complaining on Reddit that their opponent started stalling at 3:00 left). I'm also trying to mix my options up- Ranai is the player I watch the most to take mental notes ^w^

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Fighting the "I'm so good at Smash" players. You know, the ones who play all the top Melee characters, perfect pivot after killing, walk up to you, spin in place, then walk away, jump in place and "magically" hit you on the way down, always get the spot dodge 2 frames before you hit them, taunt because they're "so good", pick your main and beat you not because they're better with your main, but because they abuse the lag in the match and just always happen to know when and where your going to be and air dodge, space perfectly with any sword character, know all your ledge get ups before you even hit a button, hang on the ledge because they know your not hitting them, and just act like complete ***holes because they spent more time in Smash then they have with their family and friends combined.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
The biggest thing in FG that I hate are Link players. I really hate the arrow-boomerang spam more than anything in this game. Yeah I can play around it, doesn't make fighting Link any more enjoyable though. Rosaluma's? I'm fine fighting them. Same goes for other campy characters such as Duck Hunt and while Villager is considered a campy character, at least he doesn't actually feel that campy, at least whenever I'm fighting a Villager in FG, and those are still more enjoyable than fighting a Link.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
The biggest thing in FG that I hate are Link players. I really hate the arrow-boomerang spam more than anything in this game. Yeah I can play around it, doesn't make fighting Link any more enjoyable though. Rosaluma's? I'm fine fighting them. Same goes for other campy characters such as Duck Hunt and while Villager is considered a campy character, at least he doesn't actually feel that campy, at least whenever I'm fighting a Villager in FG, and those are still more enjoyable than fighting a Link.
The biggest "counterargument" to this kind of complain is usually something along the lines of "HUUUUURR A PROJECTILE CHARACTER IS USING THEIR PROJECTILES???? WHAT A SHOCK NUUUUUUUUURR."

If you're like me, it's not that their using projectiles; it's that it's the use of their projectiles is almost always utterly brainless.

They dont think about how best to use their projectiles to wall you out; they just press buttons.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Have you ever played a FFA match where you're caught between two other players who are jabbing you together while playing a heavy character? The jabs cancel each other, and most cases you're stuck until one uses a Smash attack or something else.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
The biggest "counterargument" to this kind of complain is usually something along the lines of "HUUUUURR A PROJECTILE CHARACTER IS USING THEIR PROJECTILES???? WHAT A SHOCK NUUUUUUUUURR."

If you're like me, it's not that their using projectiles; it's that it's the use of their projectiles is almost always utterly brainless.

They dont think about how best to use their projectiles to wall you out; they just press buttons.
And they don't even think about their movement options. There are some Links who don't even walk, dash, or travel through the air (although Link is slow). They just roll all over the place. They hardly use the A button for anything but Smash attacks, and like everyone already knows, they spam projectiles.

"Derp herp herp, that's how Link is supposed to be played!"

No it's not. Go back to Pennsylvania and take Lonk with you.

Have you ever played a FFA match where you're caught between two other players who are jabbing you together while playing a heavy character? The jabs cancel each other, and most cases you're stuck until one uses a Smash attack or something else.
Nobody really plays FFA as much as 1v1. But that definitely sounds irritating.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Haha that reminds me when I'm playing FFA with some friends. We are a total of 3 players and they have a tendency to pick nothing but Omega stages, which means that whoever is in the middle will have a hard time, and because I'm the strongest player they target me specifically. It gets annoying so fast and it gets so bad that I have to take over and handpick the stages myself for the sake of variety and fairness.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Haha that reminds me when I'm playing FFA with some friends. We are a total of 3 players and they have a tendency to pick nothing but Omega stages, which means that whoever is in the middle will have a hard time, and because I'm the strongest player they target me specifically. It gets annoying so fast and it gets so bad that I have to take over and handpick the stages myself for the sake of variety and fairness.
I know that feeling all to well, honestly. And I do know how taxing it can be sometimes.

Back during the Brawl days a had these two friends constantly gang up on me no matter what. I could be any character, and even pick the absolute worst I can't do a single thing with and do whatever I could to make it fairer. In all honesty, they weren't exactly new to the game and weren't absolutely terrible. I may win the majority of the matches but I felt like they didn't have to team up to give me a hard time.

It didn't really matter though, because "We have to team up or otherwise we won't stand a chance on our own!"

I understand it's not fun losing to someone who obviously has the upper hand constantly. I wanted them to be able to have fun; however I didn't want it to be at my own expense. It's fine if they really needed to Tag Team, but what wasn't fine was their attitudes during it.

They'd purposely choose the larger stages (Hyrule Temple and New Pork City) and do nothing but run, mock me, and taunt at every single turn. To make it worse, is sometimes once I was taken out of the picture they'd just kill themselves to finish their stocks. It was like I was attending a Taunt Party in person. Again it really didn't matter what I did to make it more fair to them, they would act that way regardless if they played against me. They made it to where I didn't want to play Smash if they were both in the same room together.

Did they really hate fighting me that much? It made it more upsetting that they were the only ones in person I could play Smash with. Again, it's perfectly fine if they really had to Tag Team to feel like they stand a better chance, but that kind of stuff was just horrible.

On a side note...

Although it doesn't happen very often, it grinds my gears when I'm playing against someone on For Glory and they seem like an okay person at first; however once they start losing their attitudes towards me will change. I'm talking about someone who might do Taunts at the start of the matches and will have "Good Game" tags, but will suddenly change to the saltiest person in existence.

I honestly thought we were both having fun with each other, especially if you told me "Good Game" several times.... What happened?

Last edited:

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I know that feeling all to well, honestly. And I do know how taxing it can be sometimes.

Back during the Brawl days a had these two friends constantly gang up on me no matter what. I could be any character, and even pick the absolute worst I can't do a single thing with and do whatever I could to make it fairer. In all honesty, they weren't exactly new to the game and weren't absolutely terrible. I may win the majority of the matches but I felt like they didn't have to team up to give me a hard time.

It didn't really matter though, because "We have to team up or otherwise we won't stand a chance on our own!"

I understand it's not fun losing to someone who obviously has the upper hand constantly. I wanted them to be able to have fun; however I didn't want it to be at my own expense. It's fine if they really needed to Tag Team, but what wasn't fine was their attitudes during it.

They'd purposely choose the larger stages (Hyrule Temple and New Pork City) and do nothing but run, mock me, and taunt at every single turn. To make it worse, is sometimes once I was taken out of the picture they'd just kill themselves to finish their stocks. It was like I was attending a Taunt Party in person. Again it really didn't matter what I did to make it more fair to them, they would act that way regardless if they played against me. They made it to where I didn't want to play Smash if they were both in the same room together.

Did they really hate fighting me that much? It made it more upsetting that they were the only ones in person I could play Smash with. Again, it's perfectly fine if they really had to Tag Team to feel like they stand a better chance, but that kind of stuff was just horrible.

On a side note...

Although it doesn't happen very often, it grinds my gears when I'm playing against someone on For Glory and they seem like an okay person at first; however once they start losing their attitudes towards me will change. I'm talking about someone who might do Taunts at the start of the matches and will have "Good Game" tags, but will suddenly change to the saltiest person in existence.

I honestly thought we were both having fun with each other, especially if you told me "Good Game" several times.... What happened?
I never received negative attention as a casual Brawl player like that... that reslly must've sucked. Although I now know what to expect if someone pulls out Brawl at a party (that's the only reason most people play it anymore lol).

As for FG, tag insults do suck. Although there are also other ways to detect NaCl. Usually, if they switch to Mac, a top tier, or your character, then you know they're salty.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Thought you guys would find this funny. Having people pick your character to "prove" that they're better with them than you is a pretty common complaint. So when you body the frauds, it's just delicious.

This person beat my bayo (cant remember with who) and then switched to her as I switched to mewtwo. Here's what happened.

The lesson; dont pick your opponents character to try and disrespect them unless you actually know how to play the character.

Ya scrub.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
Thought you guys would find this funny. Having people pick your character to "prove" that they're better with them than you is a pretty common complaint. So when you body the frauds, it's just delicious.

This person beat my bayo (cant remember with who) and then switched to her as I switched to mewtwo. Here's what happened.

The lesson; dont pick your opponents character to try and disrespect them unless you actually know how to play the character.

Ya scrub.
That. Was. Hilarious!

9B does not approve!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

Ya scrub.
D E S T R O Y E D

Jeez. Nice dude. So satisfying to defeat someone trying to do those kind of things to you, I agree. Especially with the way you handled Bayo at the beggining with the use of shield and acting up on her weaknesses.

Props dude.

:bowser:.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I hate when people will taunt after taking my stock, despite being at 1 stock with 80-90%. It seems to happen all the time, and it's not like the kill will be anything special. I'll always respond by knocking them off-stage, taunting, and then going for an edgeguard. It happens often enough that I have a "DONT.TAUNT" name set up to flash before I leave. I'm all for taunting after a flashy kill, but most of the time it's a Toon Link (They are the biggest offenders in my experience) who finally hit me with a D-Air after the 127th attempt, and then he's gotta pull out his windwaker and play a song.

KirbCider

Smash Ace

Ya scrub.
That was just painful to watch on the first stock. Once they were on their second they seemed to give you a harder time, and yet they still couldn't take a stock from you. I really do have to wonder what was going through their minds when this was happening though...

Probably "Bayonetta is so easy cause she's pay2win lulz. I can beat them and show them up!" or something like that I'm guessing. On the bright side at least you have people that will fight you as Bayonetta. Most of the time when I go Bayo they just up and off themselves and proceed to leave. I mean I guess it's a free win and all, but suck it up and play through the match. You may actually win, you know.

Last edited:

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
People who after getting beaten call you a scrub and leave the room. Like a few days ago when I playing against someone using :4ness:and they got destroyed by me. They changed their name to "BYE SCRUB" and left the room.

Yes I'm the scrub even though you're the one who got beaten hard so what does that make you?

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I dunno about that other person, but if I call someone a scrub, it's because they played like garbage ("I CANT PRESS THESE BUTTONS FAST ENOUGH") and managed to jank a win.

My issue with losing to bad players has and will always be that because they're playing so random and haphazardly, it's incredibly difficult to get a read on their habits and playstyle. After all, how can you deduce their gameplan if even they dont know what it is?

jcx

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that other person, but if I call someone a scrub, it's because they played like garbage ("I CANT PRESS THESE BUTTONS FAST ENOUGH") and managed to jank a win.

My issue with losing to bad players has and will always be that because they're playing so random and haphazardly, it's incredibly difficult to get a read on their habits and playstyle. After all, how can you deduce their gameplan if even they dont know what it is?
LOL yeah. I can relate that to MattDotZeb's tendency to lose to lower-leveled players in Melee.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
That moment when you have to deal with someone that tries to DITTO your every single character you choose after ahwhile of having losses until sticking with a :4dedede: that only uses smash attacks, neutral standing attacks, rolls and FOCKING Swallowing near the ledge as its only way of playing. Seriously...WHY DO YOU RESORT TO SUCH A MINIMAL, UNORIGINAL AND SPAMMY way to play...?

Moments like that just make me want to report the player and be done with it...

:mad088:.

jcx

Smash Journeyman
That moment when you have to deal with someone that tries to DITTO your every single character you choose after ahwhile of having losses until sticking with a :4dedede: that only uses smash attacks, neutral standing attacks, rolls and FOCKING Swallowing near the ledge as its only way of playing. Seriously...WHY DO YOU RESORT TO SUCH A MINIMAL, UNORIGINAL AND SPAMMY way to play...?

Moments like that just make me want to report the player and be done with it...

:mad088:.
I remember seeing Joshua Galea's FG Montage, and he was fighting this one Dedede who just stood in the middle of the stage and spammed Dsmash :p

NuNero1

Smash Cadet
NNID
KSHEFF722
Dedede is easy to counter if you have good timing. Gordo can be knocked back for serious damage if done with sufficient skill.

Pit, Dark Pit, Link and R.O.B. rely on their projectiles as part of their overall moveset. There's a difference between spamming it relentlessly and using it tactically, of course: they're not rushdown fighters, they're designed to lure the opponent into a false sort of move and then punishing them for it. Getting angry and rushing in for the kill because of their projectiles is exactly what we want you to do. Take it from a long-time Pit / R.O.B. player, all you need to do is adapt. Getting upset because we're launching missiles at you is like getting upset at Captain Falcon for kicking you or Diddy for having a tail. It's just part of their moveset. You need to be the better player and learn to exploit it, as that'll give you the advantage and you'll be able to fight on your own terms then.

tl;dr - Zoners rely on zoning. It's in the name. If you adapt to their zoning and maintain control of the stage, you win. Simple as~ :3
I play as Dark Pit and I use my arrows just like you explained, especially when I'm fighting a Ganondorf that Mofo is strong as hell. i usually try to keep my distance when fighting them, keep the pressure on, forcing them to play safe. That is the only reason I "spam" arrows in that case.

Top Bottom