• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What fighting game buzzword describes WFT's playstyle?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have no clue what rushdown, battery or mix-up mean but what do you think her playstyle will be?

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
She's kinda tall/large?... Probably is going to have a good footsie game! A spacing character like Marth.

Or just some gimmick thing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
She might be the "basic" kinda character, like Mario (but better (hopefully)).

TreK

Is "that guy"
She does seem to have a projectile, so she'll probably being a hybrid jack-of-all-trades like mario.

I could be wrong tho.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Not too familiar with other fighting game archetypes, but she really does remind me a bit of Melee!Captain Falcon.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
A Speed character. I'm imagining her having very good attack speed and mobility, to flank the opponent and confuse them.

Like ZSS.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
A Speed character. I'm imagining her having very good attack speed and mobility, to flank the opponent and confuse them.

Like ZSS.
I could really see her being a mindgame character, solely because of how strange and different her animations look. It'll take a bit to register just attack will follow up with her movements.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
For some reason, I'm seeing her as a taller G&W with more emphasis on reliable close-range attacks.

Her moves are pretty bizarre since she does them in a bunch of odd stances.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My guess is that she'll be mostly midrange based, similar to Chun-Li. If I'm right, it would actually be kind of hard to make her bad.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
I personally believe that she'd probably be a rushdown character because of her mobility, and she should have good mobility because of how fit she it.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
Rushdown, basically. Long range hitboxes. Some are even a bit awkward, like Nair and Fsmash.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I would not call her rushdown at all. Dat slow dash and awkward movements. I'd say she is much closer to something like GW, than a real rushdown character, like Fox or Falcon.

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I would not call her rushdown at all. Dat slow dash and awkward movements. I'd say she is much closer to something like GW, than a real rushdown character, like Fox or Falcon.
Her dash seems pretty good. And her awkward movements are more helpful than anything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems she's a power-up character. The kind that need to find and take advatage of luls in the combat to be super effective. Fits a yoga trainer for sure.

Hong

The Strongest
Her primary attribute hasn't changed since her reveal: her body can jarringly take the form of a hitbox. She is very much like G&W in that sense.

As for how she will play, seems to be a new flavour of generalist. Mario is also another character equipped to handle a wider-range of situations, but of course there is still so much ground to tread within the archetype, that there is so much unexplored territory. She is very slow and lanky, having a slow movement and what appears to be little reach. Thankfully, she has great jumps and three specials that leave enough incentive to not go in, and instead focus on healthy living.

We'll see how she fares against zoning fighters. Link in particular can have three projectiles taking up a lot of real estate, and if Falco returns with his blaster, he could pose a bit of a problem, too. Hopefully she has some priority to offset her short reach.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Her primary attribute hasn't changed since her reveal: her body can jarringly take the form of a hitbox. She is very much like G&W in that sense.

As for how she will play, seems to be a new flavour of generalist. Mario is also another character equipped to handle a wider-range of situations, but of course there is still so much ground to tread within the archetype, that there is so much unexplored territory. She is very slow and lanky, having a slow movement and what appears to be little reach. Thankfully, she has great jumps and three specials that leave enough incentive to not go in, and instead focus on healthy living.

We'll see how she fares against zoning fighters. Link in particular can have three projectiles taking up a lot of real estate, and if Falco returns with his blaster, he could pose a bit of a problem, too. Hopefully she has some priority to offset her short reach.
@ Mega Bolded part.

IDK where you got the idea she's slow, her aerial mobility and run speed from what we've seen are good if not great. Her walk speed is more average-ish though. (Bonus Wall jumping and crawling included as a side note.)

Before we discovered she had 2 projectiles, it looked like she was gonna be a 'mobility and physical' based fighter.
Thank goodness she does have projectiles though.

Hong

The Strongest
I'll grant "very" is not the right word, but she didn't look like she had a fast run to me.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When it comes to WFT, it depens on the type of match.
In 1on1, she seems like an allaround character without any real weakness, which in it self becomes her strenght.
In FFA however, she'll definitely step into the role of a haymaker, sending ppl left and right with her both side-hitting attacks!

Nicky_Poo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NickyP00
When it comes to WFT, it depens on the type of match.
In 1on1, she seems like an allaround character without any real weakness, which in it self becomes her strenght.
In FFA however, she'll definitely step into the role of a haymaker, sending ppl left and right with her both side-hitting attacks!
This ^^^

I think WFT the most balanced character in the game thus far (no pun intended). She has her advantages and disadvantages for sure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at her more and more, she's definitely going to have a setup emphasis with a range of options to choose from. Her attacks that have hitboxes on two sides will give her mixup potential.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have a feeling some of her reversed attacks are gonna be key-moves in the middle of some combos.
It'd look fantastic.

inauric

Smash Rookie
For some reason, I'm seeing her as a taller G&W with more emphasis on reliable close-range attacks.
Having played her fairly extensively now, I feel like this is really accurate, but obviously the more reliable, more powerful projectiles give her more to work with. She's also a lot less punishable than Brawl's G&W. Her big, wonky hitboxes and quite erratic movement definitely remind me of G&W.

Top Bottom