• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What drives you to main the Cap'? <

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Despite all of the garbage that you hear about Captain Falcon, what is it that makes you feel that you need to main him?
For me, I was always a huge fan of F-Zero and when I first heard that he was in SSB64 I couldn't resist. He really ties the series together for me.

kkkoala

Smash Cadet
hes an inside joke for me. imo his white and pink costume is a supor hero cawld cumpunchoman. i dont main him but hes 1 of mah secondaries.

reason number two is that hes prolly the flat bottom person on the teir list, and u just has to play the bottom guy...

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
He's got the only true cinimatic final smash

only character to have a fighting team copy throughout the whole series

VERY important role in subspace

only one to have six costumes in every game

Wogrim

Smash Lord
He has the game's most epic kill moves (Knee and Punch) and radiates awesomeness. I can't say much more without giving away the secret to why he's God Tier....

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
I mained Ganondorf in Melee. I chose Falcon because he was very similar to what I was used to in Ganondorf after I found out that they had changed a lot about him. Eventually, Falcon himself grew on me and eventually I made him my main main over Falco because he was just so much fun to use.

Dairun

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say I necessarily main Captain Falcon, but I definitely use him a lot. As for why, it really boils down to one word for me, "manliness". He's just so silly and over-the-top. When you kill with falcon, it's probably going to look pretty grand. On top of that, he's just fun to play with. Besides, life feels devoid without knee and falcon punch in it.

Hazbro

Smash Rookie
It's the fact that he shouts the names of some of the moves he uses. A short hopped knee is pretty rewarding. AND, running away just to spam "SHOW YA MOVES!" is a load of fun. Not for the other guy though.

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Back in the days of SSB64, when I was a wee lad, I thought Falcon was awesome, especially because of the Falcon Punch.

I've stuck with him since.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
He was my fav in the first game, and was awesome in the melee. I mean he could moonwalk, the knee was awesome, he had the best taunt, and Falcon Punch is the greatest idea ever imagined. Plus its fun kicking *** while in a pink costume.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't main him but I like using him because he's a hilarious character.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
For me... I just wanted a terrible character with little potential. : )

Mathematical Falcon

Smash Rookie
What drives me to main Captain Falcon is to prove all the marths,foxs,falcos, etc that Falcon is as dangerous as you make him to be. I feel driven to shut those "pro" players in darkness. (and any player for that matter). The look on their faces is priceless.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
well, there's no way for in hell for me to main any other char since i ve been mainnig him since ssb64

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
For me there are many reasons but heres my top 3.
1. Just look at him, hes just.. cool
2. I have to say of everyones moves in the game hes got the sexiest(next to zero suit that is ^^)
3. In the end after you've won your battle he aint afraid to show off what hes got downstairs. he freakin swings around his legs and every time after the battle after we all press start his legs friggin raised up lmao. Either that or his *** is facin towards someone in the room (perfect time to pass the gas too or atleast a fake one) :D
Sometimes the 3rd player part says ready to battle right on his package or ***, its just friggin funny in the after battle it always gets laughs. period.
Your reasons made me luagh, that's just awesome.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
He's not my main, but one of my best secondaries. I actually started using him towards the end of Melee's life span. I had Ganondorf as one of my mains then, and I figured I might as well use Falcon since they had similar movesets. It was tough switching to a slow character to a fast one, but after that I used him all the time. The knee is probably my favorite move to hit with. Good times.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Because he's the one with THE KNEE, wich is the most satisfying way to KO IMO
And not to mention the falcon punch!
and he's captain falcon for god's sake! He's the awesomeness!
and offcourse after I heard he is probably bottom of bottom tier, I got motivated to kick as much butts as possible!

Captain Falcon FTW!

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Because hes manly with his golden super nipples. (He's a fun character to play as and his knee of justice kills always make me laugh.)

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Well, I tried for a while to main him once brawl came out, but he's missing a very vital thing that allowed him to win in melee, his main characteristics which are what I liked (and still like) about him are still there. He has mobility and strength, which are things that compliment my instinctive play style well, not to mention he still has a good (imo) taunt. If he could still string his moves together, and if he had a shorter shorthop, I believe he would be brought back more or less to his former glory, but without his ability to string moves captain falcon just isn't very effective at all due to his almost none existant priority, which stops him from making approaches well, and without stringing moves, his moveset basically forces you to re approach your opponent constantly.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
His forums are on the top of the list so I don't have to scroll down the page to find him. I'm lazy like that.

jimethn

Smash Rookie
Despite the fact that the devs seem to get perverse pleasure out of nerfing Falcon, he's still the funnest (yehs!) character in the game. Nobody else seems right. I feel like all his moves are perfect, it just takes a little extra work to get them to connect, because you don't get to "cheat" the priority game with your ninny stuff like projectiles or displaced hitboxes. Only Falcon is manly enough to march into battle with no priority or range!!

If Falcon loses (yea right) you can blame Nintendo, but if he wins there is only your opponent's relative lack of balls.

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Even though I own with Falcon, I don't find him intresting oddly enough....I just chose him because he's just one of the characters I can win with and has similar moves to Ganondorf.

Black_ShadowAX

Smash Rookie
Cause I'm a fan of F-Zero and Falcon was one of the Original 4 I didn't find too wacky, boring, or stupid.

He's the perfect candidate and a fine rep of F-Zero. Your only fooling yourself if you say F-Zero doesn't have any main characters. And he himself is the symbol of F-Zero. Even if his personality is radically different in Smash then in his actual series.

infesteditachi

Smash Rookie
Because nothing spells pwned like a well-timed knee to the face. There isn't any other character attack that is as aggressive as The Knee. Zelda's kicks are a second, but nothing like the knee and it connecting, and seeing your opponet fly offscreen faster then you could hit pause for the screenshot, coupled with the classic "Show me your moves" after showing your own.

Plus, he's the only character in smash bros, styled in the old marvel comics.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Because nothing spells pwned like a well-timed knee to the face. There isn't any other character attack that is as aggressive as The Knee. Zelda's kicks are a second, but nothing like the knee and it connecting, and seeing your opponet fly offscreen faster then you could hit pause for the screenshot, coupled with the classic "Show me your moves" after showing your own.

If the Knee had the range of Zelda's Kicks we'd be landing them too often.

Hax

Smash Champion
because i was ****ing amazing with him in melee

and he's my childhood hero :)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Cause I'm a fan of F-Zero and Falcon was one of the Original 4 I didn't find too wacky, boring, or stupid.

He's the perfect candidate and a fine rep of F-Zero. Your only fooling yourself if you say F-Zero doesn't have any main characters. And he himself is the symbol of F-Zero. Even if his personality is radically different in Smash then in his actual series.
Yep. He was so Heroic is GX that he even turned down a fight to Black Shadow. How noble. But I think that Nintendo is beggining to catch on to Falcon's Smash personality... Think about it. The Falcon Punch appeared in the animated TV series BECUASE of Smash Bros. Don't be suprized if F-Zero 4 comes out and Captain Falcon closely resembles the one that you see here, in Brawl.

Do you mean comic book style? I don't believe he was ever featured in a marvel comic, but he did have is own 8-page comic that came with the instuction manual of the first F-Zero. If you google it you will see that alot of Brawl Falcon's design was taken from that comic book as well as the Falcon Flyer, his forward smash, his raptor boost (no fire, though) and his gun.

degypr

Smash Cadet
Yep. He was so Heroic is GX that he even turned down a fight to Black Shadow. How noble. But I think that Nintendo is beggining to catch on to Falcon's Smash personality... Think about it. The Falcon Punch appeared in the animated TV series BECUASE of Smash Bros. Don't be suprized if F-Zero 4 comes out and Captain Falcon closely resembles the one that you see here, in Brawl.
We could always hope he does.

"Wait where do you think you're taking me?!"

Although he was kinda over the top in his ending movie, just like in Brawl with all those poses.

Do you mean comic book style? I don't believe he was ever featured in a marvel comic, but he did have is own 8-page comic that came with the instuction manual of the first F-Zero. If you google it you will see that alot of Brawl Falcon's design was taken from that comic book as well as the Falcon Flyer, his forward smash, his raptor boost (no fire, though) and his gun.
Actually I have it uploaded here just for everyone's viewing pleasure. ^_^

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=173959

Top Bottom