• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does your Wife/Girlfriend think of Super Smash Bros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRMagus

Smash Apprentice
My wife prefers this game to my other competitve title, Team Fortress Classic.

That being said, she doesn't like either of them, would never play them with me, and thinks this is a stupid hobby. After that she begs me to play Mario Party/Kart for the millionth time.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
If I had a gf, she would tear me away from my games.
Yet, I want both...what's a guy to do when choosing between his 2 greatest loves?

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
My gf is totally cool with smash, she knows I've been a big smash enthusiast with my friends and such since the good old days of the N64. She actually likes playing herself, she is pretty good, as good as you can get not using any of the advanced techniques. She doesn't play as often as I do. She has actually come over and suggest we play. When I say, yeah I'm gonna be gone the whole day at a tourney she says, good luck. Concerning that girls who play usually aren't too good looking, and considering that I am a materialistic ******* only concerned with looks, she's hot too.

And yes to answer your question, I am marrying her.

lol jk... maybe.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Okay, on a serious scale, mine doesn't really hate it, but she dont love it. She'll play with me when I'm playing, but she just shows little to no emotion. She plays Kirby lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
is it a common thing that girls play kirby?

ehh most hate the game, they think it's confusing (proves men are smarter than women) and let them know that you play and go far out for tournaments, if she'll leave you then she's a *****, if she likes it-go for it, if she doesn't care-stay friends, and it doesn't matter what she looks like, she's yours and only yours (unless for some reason you're dating a highly paid prostitute from some other country, then you're messed up)

rosin87

Smash Rookie
I think i have a problem.... my gf told me she felt 2nd to the game in importance. :(
I'm in the same boat as you right now. My gf is highly upset with me right now. But b4 that she tried to play at times and button mashed the whole time.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
My fiancee doesn't play smash herself, but she loves seeing me compete. She likes games like Goldeneye for N64. She will be okay with me attending tournaments after we're married, but obviously I won't be able to smash as much... :(
for some reason i read "My flatulence doesn't play smash"

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Oh god jesus. You guys don't know the half of it. For starters, JFox, and every guy with a girl that is sorta into it or understands it, you guys are lucky as hell.

While things are pretty good with my gf now, it wasn't always this way. She knew I was into smash before we started dating, and she didn't think much of it. Once we started dating, that almost inevitable phrase came up "I feel secondary to smash." I don't know how it is for you guys, but for me that definitely was not true. I went through that for a long long time, and bits and pieces of it still exist.

People, not just girls, need to know that competitive gaming is similar to a sport. It's simply a fun outlet for someone's competitive nature.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
MookieRah said:
People, not just girls, need to know that competitive gaming is similar to a sport. It's simply a fun outlet for someone's competitive nature.
:laugh: And to think, my university newspaper just released an article stating that "video games are not method of male bonding". Yeah, we all wanted to kill the writer. >_<

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Now now Mr. Anonymous, who gets neg-repped for "too much rep"? :laugh: Had to post again to see if I can get another one--bring me down!!

Faithfully yours,

Randall

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
she thinks its fun and plays doubles with me against my noob friends. i make her play peach and just d-smash lol.

Razed

Smash Ace
wow that's a really deep story AZ, sounds sad :(

My girl has fun playing, but I'd never choose smash over her, and I never talk about it when I'm with her. As long as you're not talking about it when you're with her, and NEVER take smash over her, everything's good =)

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
My wife was kind of skeptical about smash and the video game playing in general. Until I got 1st place for MKDS at Evo and brought home $5,000 as well as a trip to Vegas :) Now she's fine with me going to tournaments and practicing up to try for MLG (even though I probably never will qualify). As long as I take her with me and spend extra vacation time with her at the places we go, she's completely fine with it.

starvingartist

Smash Cadet
I live in Boston. My girlfriend lives in Wisconsin. I play smash in Boston...and I don't in Wisconsin. She knows I play. But I don't really talk about it much. I couldn't even imagine placing smash over her.

-E

Razed

Smash Ace
I live in Boston. My girlfriend lives in Wisconsin. I play smash in Boston...and I don't in Wisconsin. She knows I play. But I don't really talk about it much. I couldn't even imagine placing smash over her.

-E
Yeah same. I don't even think about smash when I'm with my girlfriend. Just never talk about it (or very rarely) and always ALWAYS choose her over smash.

Girlfriends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smash (to me)

I wouldn't even think about placing smash over a gf. If you do then you kinda need to lay off the smash drugs o.o. Smash should never be a prob with relationships and if it is then you play WAYYYY too much =/

Pneuma

Smash Ace
I got her to play for a while and she came to WTYM2 with me.
I usually find something more entertaining to do with when I'm with her, though.

But yeah, suffice it to say she doesn't have a big problem (just no tournies on b-days or anniversaries, etc).

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
girls only like playing "cute" characters
Thats A lie! Well at least, common. My brothers Gf (I dont have one) is a SSBM enthusiast and pretty hot (Hard to believe right?) and she plays C. Falcon. And yet I play Peach, GaW and Ness...

*Keil*

Smash Cadet
lol my ex never really had a problem. only i stopped accepting her calls cuz i waz in da middle of playing and started to piss her off. She basically thought da game waz just an addicting piece of crack dat she would never want a taste. But for some reason she was ok when i played halo and socom? it just makes no sense... women..

Pneuma

Smash Ace
Thats A lie! Well at least, common. My brothers Gf (I dont have one) is a SSBM enthusiast and pretty hot (Hard to believe right?) and she plays C. Falcon. And yet I play Peach, GaW and Ness...
Captain Falcon is **** cute.
And he has those long, sexy legs...

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
My boyfriend doesn't know...I don't think competitive gaming is a staple of the gay community...but he'd probably think it's cute anyway.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I've only been in one relationship, and my then-girlfriend played Smash casually. That was two years ago, though. Now, I can hardly be called a competitive player any longer, so Smash doesn't affect any prospective relationships. DDR probably does, though.

I think it's important to date people that think similarly to you. That was why my ex-girlfriend and I broke up - after the feeling of first love wore down, we just didn't connect, even on subjects that we were mutually interested in (like math). I would recommend, if you are lucky enough to find a date whose personality clicks with yours, that you introduce your interests (presumably Smash) in the same way they were introduced to you. We're interested in Smash because it's an addictive competitive game - show her the elements that make Smash competitive. Don't go overboard, though.

Megaa

Smash Cadet
Yeah same. I don't even think about smash when I'm with my girlfriend. Just never talk about it (or very rarely) and always ALWAYS choose her over smash.

Girlfriends >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smash (to me)

I wouldn't even think about placing smash over a gf. If you do then you kinda need to lay off the smash drugs o.o. Smash should never be a prob with relationships and if it is then you play WAYYYY too much =/
Sums up my thoughts exactly.

I've never even brought up smash to my GF. Video games comes after the girlfriend.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
NOOOO!!!
You are all WROOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGUUUUHHHHH!
Games>>>>>>>>Girls
You can touch the game's hole as much as you want and whenever ou want. You cant do that to a girl can you?

Megaa

Smash Cadet
NOOOO!!!
You are all WROOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGUUUUHHHHH!
Games>>>>>>>>Girls
You can touch the game's hole as much as you want and whenever ou want. You cant do that to a girl can you?
Then you haven't met the right girls. =O

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
My girlfriend doesn't mind me playing games. She play them too, just not near as much as me, and more mini-game like games. She hasn't really played smash, but when I was playing smash, she was making out with me, and I won the match.... and making out. Plus my girlfriends hot too. She's real cool about me and games, but shed get mad if I chose them over her, because shes really protective and wants to be with me all the time and stuff, but I dont really mind, cause she's real cool, and hot, and fun to be with... but she needs to learn to play smash.

eXspriggan

Smash Apprentice
my girlfriend just thinks its cute how im into games (including ssbm). She says that she grew up with all her cousins playing games alot so shes used to it. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom