• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does your Wife/Girlfriend think of Super Smash Bros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sorry guys/girls. I'm at a point in my life right now where having a girlfriend would take so much work, sweat, & effort. Between work & school (and practicing my smash skills) I just would not have any time to myself. No offense to all the females out their, but in all seriousness they most likely would not approve of a stud (like me) playin Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys/girls. I'm at a point in my life right now where having a girlfriend would take so much work, sweat, & effort. Between work & school (and practicing my smash skills) I just would not have any time to myself. No offense to all the females out their, but in all seriousness they most likely would not approve of a stud (like me) playin Smash Bros.

yea me too but i have g/f if thats what you want to call them im not faithful though. i will be with different girls till i die. im still wild and like to go out to clubs on friday night till monday and come here and play smash in my spare time.

having one girl iis boring and not worth it to me but they seem to come and go in my life so i guess they are cool with me playing games. even though this is 2006 nearing 07 the age where everyone is laying games and listening to music so its definitly not considered geeky.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
yea me too but i have g/f if thats what you want to call them im not faithful though. i will be with different girls till i die. im still wild and like to go out to clubs on friday night till monday and come here and play smash in my spare time.

having one girl iis boring and not worth it to me but they seem to come and go in my life so i guess they are cool with me playing games. even though this is 2006 nearing 07 the age where everyone is laying games and listening to music so its definitly not considered geeky.
I agree with you 200 & bro.

oncearunner

Smash Apprentice
everyone is playing games and such, but playing halo 2 is cocnsidered much more manlier than ssbm, im sorry but its true. one of my car freinds came over today and saw me playing smash in the garage with my nieghbors (one of them is grounded so he has to stay outside, well we found ways around it muaha) and he goes, ur a nerd! lol i go: im training for a tourney bro, so stfu.

granted he's a nerd himself, but its funny

ill always have girls around me, im one of those types of guys who can play video games, but still goes to the gym at night so he can look good for the ladies. its all about balance.

Jono

Smash Apprentice
She says it's alright as long as she owns her sister. xD

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
everyone is playing games and such, but playing halo 2 is cocnsidered much more manlier than ssbm, im sorry but its true. one of my car freinds came over today and saw me playing smash in the garage with my nieghbors (one of them is grounded so he has to stay outside, well we found ways around it muaha) and he goes, ur a nerd! lol i go: im training for a tourney bro, so stfu.

(The O.G. Psychologist. "that's me") Who ever called you a nerd is totally insecure with himself, so he tends to pick on other people to make his self-esteem go higher. Case in point, I give em the LOSER stamp of approval (stamps loser on Halo 2 fanatic's forehead.

On the real, I'm trainin for underground tourney's as well & gettin a girlfriend is so tempting son, but I ain't gonna do it yet.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Don't have a girlfriend right now, but if I get one, I'm pretty sure I'd be allowed to play video games. I mean, what 13 year old boy DOESN'T play video games (scene, emo, and punk kids don't count)?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
My girlfriend does like the game. She's not a gamer though- we've never seen each other play, but I get the impression that she really sucks. She said she likes playing jigglypuff so she can float higher than people can hit. Hmm.
Next time she comes over to my house though, we're going to play a game.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I scored a girl because of smash.We started playing for the laugh at a party(me and some of my mates decided to have a quick go) and she came up and said "can I have a go?"Turns out she loves nintendo and after we talk for ages about different cool games.(She also loves guilty gear X2# which is a world first)She was pretty nice looking too.It's just too bad I don't have a girlfriend to love me off while I play twilight princess.(never going to happen It's hard enough getting some ordinary loving off women)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
she hates me when I play the game and will go home just because she doesn't have enough attention from me. She says that one day, i'm gonna come home and the game is going to mysteriously vanish...that'll make me pretty sad ; _ ;

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
My fiancée isn't a big smash fan, but she loves the Wii. She is so glad I bought it. She is on dungeon #4 in Twilight Princess. O_O

Megachuk

Smash Ace
Wanna teach your girlfriend smash... Use yoshi...explaining the third jump and having them react to it is nearly impossible.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Nah I don't even touch the topic "video games" with my girlfriend, she hates it but sometimes we like to go to Hal's. :) Never talk about this with your girl she might think you are weird.... Because this is just what you do in your freetime, unless you are a gamer and you play it all the time. To some of you "PRO"S" out there give more time to your girl and play less games, I've seen this in mtv gamer's week and the girlfriend just gets all bored and just leaves. What could be worse than that?

Miharu

Smash Hero
Nah I don't even touch the topic "video games" with my girlfriend, she hates it but sometimes we like to go to Hal's. :) Never talk about this with your girl she might think you are weird.... Because this is just what you do in your freetime, unless you are a gamer and you play it all the time. To some of you "PRO"S" out there give more time to your girl and play less games, I've seen this in mtv gamer's week and the girlfriend just gets all bored and just leaves. What could be worse than that?
I beg to differ.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Pro players make money. They should have no shame whatsoever in admitting their gaming habits.

P0ZE-ITION

Smash Rookie
my girl friend is almost as good as me we both play everyday n were both good. next tourney were gonna ****.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Mmm. I played smash with my GF a few days ago. She plays peach, isn't too bad, but she's still a woman inside, so yeah she illusions off the stage as fox.

She supports me when I tell her I'm going to a tourny lol.

She likes playing it, she's proud I'm good, but she yells at me when I'm on the phone with her and smashing. Apparantly she can hear the buttons >.> Otherwise all cool ;)

The best thing ever is when you get a back massage while drillshine infinite'ing link.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
my gf plays smash with me all the time. she is pretty good too. she doesnt play with any technical skill, but she still beats all my other friends who dont play competitively.

for a while she used fox and kirby, but now her main is samus with doc as the backup.

...and shes hot too.

BackSeatBandit

Smash Rookie
No girlfriend, but the girl I like/[and likes me back] might like it. She doesn't know I play SSBM, and I think I won't tell her unless I have to. She might get weirded out by me liking it so much. She's not one of those girls that are all "hehehe!", but girly enough to wear make up all the time.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Well i just got a girlfriend so i guess i can post in here... Heather has been my friend for about two years and is also friends with my best friend whom I smash with quite a bit (birdman in the sig...)

I found out that she got a ps2 with tekken for christmas... she apparently loves tekken which was a big suprise to me. I knew she liked ddr...

anyways me and my friend are going to try and teach her how to play so i guess we will see

Edit: except my sig doesn't seem to be showing up... hmm

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Well i have a GF for around a year and she has never has had problems with me playing Smash or any other, actually she plays quite well considering she uses kirby =/

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Man, what's it like to be in a "relationship"? I dont have a girlfriend cuz I think most of the girls at my school are annoying and Im not planning on getting a girlfriend for a while. If I had a girlfriend, I would probably not talk about smash in front of her but Im pretty sure Im not gonna get a girlfriend, Im a loser...:(

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
WOW! You people scare me
if my girl freind said i was nerdy i would stick the controller down here throat stab here
force the game cube up here a.ss and beat the iving **** outa here lol just jokeing she is actually pretty good

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
i got my mom to play ssbm! she uses kirby. she says its a hard game though because theres no single concept to follow like time crisis or ddr where you just tell the person "ok you just have to shoot and this is how you reload" and "you have to step on this arrow when it gets to the top"

i was explaining ssbm, and i was like "ok, this is jump, this is a normal punch, if you do A+direction at the same time its smash, B+direction (etc), third jump is (etc), etc etc etc etc" lmao.

o ya video games > boyfriends.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Man, what's it like to be in a "relationship"? I dont have a girlfriend cuz I think most of the girls at my school are annoying and Im not planning on getting a girlfriend for a while. If I had a girlfriend, I would probably not talk about smash in front of her but Im pretty sure Im not gonna get a girlfriend, Im a loser...:(
HaHa.. that makes 2 of us. I'm a 13 year old nerd who does nothing but plays smash... girls just avoid me like i have the force(which i do)

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
my ex had a seizure everytime she saw me play smash because it was so random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom