• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does it take to be banned?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think a lot of what's going on with Brawl could carry over to Melee if the MBR doesn't keep the n00by n00bs in check, or let the mob rule (especially when most of the mob doesn't even go to tournaments), or have multiple "final vote on 'X' ban" threads.

Edit: woaw random computer not updating.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So M2k should care about the "health of the metagame" because he plays the game. and therefore, he should support the banning of his main character, so that the metagame can be healthy, even tho he can no longer play the game at his best.

Yup. Makes sense.
Where did I say caring about the health of the metagame was explicitly related to the banning of meta knight ... at all?

All you're doing is just putting a bunch of words in my mouth.

How about instead of twisting my argument to fit your needs you actually try to disprove what I said?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Actually, how dominant is Pikachu in Smash64? I know he's supposed to be beast, but I haven't played that game since I was, like, 12. Could he be considered borderline broken, or is he actually balanced (well, as balanced as a top tier can be)?

Kal

Smash Champion
Well, if he thinks the character is broken, he should want it banned, in my opinion. That's different, of course, than asserting anything about the "health" of the metagame, which is just a bunch of subjective bull ****.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I ain't no fanboy "oh yeah 'X' player all day no matter what they say or do," but that's just not right to question somebody that way, unless you have proof Spelt. M2K clearly cares about the meta game. If he didn't care about the meta game, he wouldn't be so passionate all of the recent URC developments, and what it could do to competitive smash's future.

On top of that, M2K has helped develop the meta game in both games with multiple characters into what it is today.

Unless you have proof Spelt, such accusations have no validity.

Edit: Editing is fun.... :awesome:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No he cares about the money he's losing.

In fact the past few days practically everyone's been talking about he's officially quitting brawl now because of the ban and he's even started trying to find an actual job.
I don't actually believe any of that's going to happen but if it's it indeed true that is all the proof you'll need.
Actually him even threatening to quit because of the ban makes his motives pretty clear.

Also the only character's metagame he helped to develop in brawl was MK's.

Can we stop being hypocrites and not bring up such ridiculous notions without actual knowledge on the topic?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Damn, so many low blows left and right, and all directed toward Mew2King. If he does quit Brawl, then let him quit. No need to have an argument over it. Meta Knight is banned, Mew2King might quit instead of changing mains, he might go back to Melee. End of story.

Now... about my question about Smash64's Pikachu... anyone?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL M2K used to be one of the best De3's and some other character (I forgot) until he switched to Meta Knight because he got bored with them. Even before M2K played Meta Knight he was still easily one of the top 3 Brawl players like he is today. He would still be a top 3 player, with or without Meta Knight still in given time with practice with another character.

How many characters does he use in Melee in tournaments=???? Like 4 or 5=??? He could do that in Brawl.

M2K could also always "get more money" at Melee. Plus judging by the passion (which I am sure is genuine) that he really loves the game and competitive in it. He's thought about quitting (going to URC-rule set tournaments at least, and maybe Brawl as a whole without Meta Knight) because he likes playing Meta Knight. It really is that simple.

If Toon Link was banned in Brawl I would act the same way-because I don't give a rat's *** about anyone else. Eff the other 38, give me Toon Link and I'm friggen happy. Ban Toon Link and I am gone from Brawl for good. Everyone else bores me. M2K probably just wants to play his favorite character, and he thinks he has evidence that Meta Knight isn't broken. Is there anything wrong with that=???

Even the most competitive players need to have some "fun" playing the game they are competitive in.

Again I think we shouldn't be accusing M2K (or anyone for that matter) of having flawed motives unless there is clear evidence.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sup melee players. Sunnys gonna bring you the knowledge with none of the "he was banned because he was boring" or the "He was banned because people don't wanna learn how to play" bull****. :3

The bat has no bad matchups, only 3 are considered neutral (which are actually in his favor. The new chart was made to butter up how bad his matchups are.), and he dominates everything thats not. he's short, with some of the quickest, highest priority attacks. He has no problem killing thanks to his gimping abilitys and, Up-b which is quick and gives him some invincibility to beat out a lot of other moves. On top of that MK is not put into a helpless state after it. Its basically Ryus shoryuuken on steroids in the brawl engine and hotdamn its by far one of the best options for punishing in the game. He has the best recovery in the game by far, and his light weight is ignorable thanks to his stupidly quick U-air used to DI. This gives him the benefit of not getting combo'd like a medium weight, but also not getting blown away like a light weight. The nado alone can dominate numerous match ups.

On top of that, if he gets the lead he can plank, and hover around to time others out and theres a whole lotta nothing most characters can do about it. It wasn't even abused as much as it could be.

The "You havn't been figuring out how to beat him" **** is....well a **** arguement. i've ever heard. Good god. Every single character board is focused on this ****er and how to beat him. The metagame is centralized around this one guy for the last 3 years. Every character has more technology against MK then any other character.

Virtually, there is no gay exploit against him thats abusable. He really does have no weakness. All his moves are frame safe, you can't penetrate his zone.

The only weakness he has is a less the stellar grab release. Not as bad as the PK brothers or wario but still gives you a free hit. Sadly the only characters that can really abuse this are yoshi and bowser. Bowser who gets an infinite, but practically has to be psychic for it too work. Its kinda similar to a melee chaingrab, but with alot less payout and harder to maintain. and yoshi whos able to bring him to the edge via regrabs, but such a great tool is ignored thanks to his ****ty out of shield options.

Also the ruleset was based around this guy. I even heard more talk in this thread about changing the ruleset just for this one character. If I tallied all of em up. It would have been a total of 6 major changed to the ruleset and even at that he'd still dominate.

I'm done. Just a lil insight. Fox has weakness's. hes easy to combo and his recoverys crap. That and thanks to the melee engine its much easier to make comebacks. Because ya know. When you get hit its gonna lead to something! In brawl, its just like "whatever" because every hit resets the situation while melee is soooo much more momentum based.

Hurp.

EDIT: also m2k isn't quitting brawl because he can't get paid. He played the most beast DDD before metaknight. (although the money is a perk i'm sure) He quit because his main who he put a shiiiit ton of a work into just got banned. Broken or not i'd give up on this game too.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I'll hazard a guess you imply the game's rather balanced then? Well, except for maybe Samus, I guess?
Yeah pretty much everyone in that game can do dumb ****.
Especially considering wall combos.

LOL M2K used to be one of the best De3's and some other character (I forgot) until he switched to Meta Knight because he got bored with them. Even before M2K played Meta Knight he was still easily one of the top 3 Brawl players like he is today. He would still be a top 3 player, with or without Meta Knight still in given time with practice with another character.
He used him for a few months in 2008? Yay.
Bring up anything about d3's 2008 metagame in any brawl thread.
I promise hey will laugh at you. Hard.
And I will watch.

How many characters does he use in Melee in tournaments=???? Like 4 or 5=??? He could do that in Brawl.
Okay?
The point is he hasn't.

People really need to stop putting words in my mouth. It's getting pretty tired.

M2K could also always "get more money" at Melee.
Uhh, no.
Until recently he was winning pretty much everything he entered.

Plus judging by the passion (which I am sure is genuine) that he really loves the game and competitive in it. He's thought about quitting (going to URC-rule set tournaments at least, and maybe Brawl as a whole without Meta Knight) because he likes playing Meta Knight. It really is that simple.
He's threatened to quit melee just as much as brawl.

If Toon Link was banned in Brawl I would act the same way-because I don't give a rat's *** about anyone else. Eff the other 38, give me Toon Link and I'm friggen happy. Ban Toon Link and I am gone from Brawl for good. Everyone else bores me. M2K probably just wants to play his favorite character, and he thinks he has evidence that Meta Knight isn't broken. Is there anything wrong with that=???
His favorite character. You mean the one he played when the game first came out?

Oh...

Even the most competitive players need to have some "fun" playing the game they are competitive in.
And meta knight is the only character he would ever have fun with ever.

Again I think we shouldn't be accusing M2K (or anyone for that matter) of having flawed motives unless there is clear evidence.
It's funny because you've provided no clear evidence for the opposite.
Just a bunch of shaded opinions about how he and MK live in a peaceful valley reading each other fairytales.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He used him for a few months in 2008? Yay.
Bring up anything about d3's 2008 metagame in any brawl thread.
I promise hey will laugh at you. Hard.
And I will watch.
What the crap are you even talking about? Where did this idea/paragraph come from? Are you on crack son?

M2K was amongst the best of not just De3 Brawl players but all Brawl players then. Although you're right; it was a different game back then.

Your point really doesn't make sense. M2K has switched mains and secondaries in Melee many times before. Why would it be different in Brawl if he has already switched mains once or twice=??? Heck, I've switched secondaries so many times in Melee and Brawl (I don't even have a secondary in Brawl anymore) that I can barely think of characters who haven't been one of my secondary characters.

Okay?
The point is he hasn't.

People really need to stop putting words in my mouth. It's getting pretty tired.
I haven no idea what you are talking about.

All I'm saying is realistically anyone at that skill level could play any high or top tier character successfully.

Uhh, no.
Until recently he was winning pretty much everything he entered.
M2K is still winning tons of money at Melee and Brawl. Just look at how much money he made off Genesis 2. He placed top 3 in Melee and Brawl singles and doubles. That's a lot of money.

He's threatened to quit melee just as much as brawl.
Where is there proof of this?

He initially said he would quit Brawl because it would take his passion away, and maybe smash altogether. He probably reacted that way out of emotion, and because M2K (like many of us) saw this ban coming for years now because of the formation of the URC

Now he shows no signs of quitting Melee, and he's only quitting attending URC tournaments. He's repeated this stance.

Honestly, I'm thinking about quitting URC tournaments for banning Rainbow Cruise (Toon Link's best counter stage) even though Meta Knight is banned.

His favorite character. You mean the one he played when the game first came out?

Oh...
LMAO, first you sarcastically say him using a different character wasn't a big deal, and now you're making a big deal out of it. Seriously, your points have no ebb and/or flow.

You don't have to play the character from the minute the game came out for them to be your "favorite." Heck I mained Kirby when I first played Melee and then Link, and now I main Fox because I like his play style, and partially because my play style and preferences change. People can change ya' know! I actually considered co-main Marth in Brawl (he was my secondary for a while) with Toon Link until I thought "nah, he's gay" and stopped using Marth entirely.

Again, Brawl has changed since it came out way back in 2008. Heck, Melee has changed a lot since 2008. Are you saying our opinions or view on a character wouldn't change with this change=??? I'm loving Fox in Melee now more than ever because I love all the little strategies and meta game changes that make him much more offensively explosive. Someone could hate Fox's changes because they wish he was more defensive-based. (nothing wrong with that either)

And meta knight is the only character he would ever have fun with ever.
M2K probably loves MK because he is uber technical. That is one of his greatest strengths in Melee and Brawl, and probably why he played the characters that he did (or does) in Melee.

Toon Link is the only character I enjoy playing. If Toon Link was banned, I would probably quit. The rest of the roster isn't worth playing anywhere near as much, and would not keep me interested in the game. There's nothing wrong with me feeling that way. If someone quit Melee because items were banned there's nothing wrong with it. It's their decision. They made that decision because they are passionate about it.

It's funny because you've provided no clear evidence for the opposite.
Just a bunch of shaded opinions about how he and MK live in a peaceful valley reading each other fairytales.
All you're doing is skimming through and say "yeah you're wrong." Trust me, based on his reactions I can tell he has an emotional reaction (I know a crap ton about psychology) because he really cares about smash. He flat out said he dedicated half his life to it. That's dedication. You don't dedicate yourself to something like that unless you enjoy it.

Honestly, I'm not even that big on M2K, and I'm definitely no fan boy (unless we're talking about the words "forty" and "niners"). :laugh:

I just hate it when people get singled out for things that you haven't proven. I've stuck up for random people before. Heck I stuck up for some guy named Kuma couple weeks ago actually when someone was bugging the crap out of him.

I don't mind people attacking a man's logic, but his guts=??? That's a whole different ball game. Now apparently you are attacking my guts. Woaw this is getting immature fast.

On top of that, now you're calling me names like a child would. That shows I'm winning for reasons I won't go into. Please, let's keep it civilized. Let's stopped using insults toddlers would use and instead use our civilized logic to make our points.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Spelt is trolling you, people.

Knock it off.

And Zajice, I don't know why you're getting your rocks off. Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

Smooth Criminal

Bones0

Smash Legend
I know I'll just come off as another "Melee elitist," but it really amazes me that the community would stick with Brawl for this long if balance has been such a huge issue. Why play a campy game with low satisfaction when you could play Melee where almost every character is viable? Why deal with frustrating defensive play, planking, camping, dumb chain grabs, and grab releases when you could play Melee where combos are creative and plentiful, and approaching is effective and satisfying?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Johnknight, I hate pulling out the fallacy card but when you write a huge *** post that doesn't have one legitimate point concerning anything i've said there really is no way around it.

I was trying to be nice and come to a compromise but I see now that that is hopeless.

Spelt is trolling you, people.

Knock it off.

And Zajice, I don't know why you're getting your rocks off. Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?

Smooth Criminal
Because this post is?

Thank you for all the thought and sentiment you put into this post.
The value your adding to this discussion is priceless.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LMAO Spelt your last response to me was a fallacy card.

Again I don't mind anything you said other than going after people's guts or making the debate stupid with childish insults.

I know I'll just come off as another "Melee elitist," but it really amazes me that the community would stick with Brawl for this long if balance has been such a huge issue. Why play a campy game with low satisfaction when you could play Melee where almost every character is viable? Why deal with frustrating defensive play, planking, camping, dumb chain grabs, and grab releases when you could play Melee where combos are creative and plentiful, and approaching is effective and satisfying?
I kinda agree, but mostly disagree. While I don't understand how people can play campy or fight against someone campy, I've yet to face anyone really truly campy. I've been in matches where both players are afraid to approach because you're at 150% damage and on your lost stock. But that's understandable, I do that in all smash games. But that's about it, maybe the usual Pit mains aside.

I really get a joy out of playing defensively and trying to control the match. It's kinda like a chess match. It's slow, yet you are trying to slowly chuck away at your opponents options and forcing them to make a mistake. On top of that, good defense nearly always wins, sometimes even without good spacing.

It's pretty much the opposite of Melee. Offense is key, and even a good offense nearly always beats a great defense. You have to be nearly perfect on defense to continually win when you play defensively.

It's those differences that make the two games completely different for me. And you know what? I like it, aside from little campy spammy n00bs in Brawl. "It's always the Pit mains."

Ironically though I play mostly defensive in Melee, and mostly offensively in Brawl... >.>

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute?
Implying anyone else has contributed much that's worthwhile. All I've seen is "M2K this" and "Meta Knight that" flame wars. Few have actually gone with what the thread was originally about, and that's explain what it takes for a character to be banned. Oh, the sorrow.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMAO Spelt your last response to me was a fallacy card.

Again I don't mind anything you said other than going after people's guts or making the debate stupid with childish insults.
There were no childish insults.

Although pre-emptively accusing me of something like that is pretty childish imo.
But i'm sure you'll just ignore this statement and start talking about why m2k deserves credit for 90% of brawl's current metagame anyway.

The thing you don't understand is that this isn't the debate hall.
You don't win anything by going "PROOOFFFF?!?!!?!!?!!?" after every single thing someone says.

If you really wanted to show me wrong you'd bring up proof of the opposite.
Debates are a two way street, which a lot of people forget. If you're going to ask something of someone else you better be able to deliver it yourself.

You should also be glad I didn't actually reply in depth to that one post of yours.
Because if I had i would've gone on for paragraphs about how ridiculous some of the things you say are.
Like MK being uber-technical.
If you actually believe that then I worry for you. And also question if you have ever actually played the game.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
i think mew2king is so ****ing good in brawl and melee and the ban of MK is stupid :)

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Implying anyone else has contributed much that's worthwhile. All I've seen is "M2K this" and "Meta Knight that" flame wars. Few have actually gone with what the thread was originally about, and that's explain what it takes for a character to be banned. Oh, the sorrow.
Fair enough, but has Zajice said anything that contributed to the discussion at hand beyond saying what he's said? At least Spelt is saying something germane to the topic at hand (even if he is being a doo-doo head about it).

I'm not saying my opinion on the topic is worth a damn or that I've contributed anything. We just don't need crap like that in this thread or otherwise it's going to get locked.

Smooth Criminal

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Fair enough, but has Zajice said anything that contributed to the discussion at hand beyond saying what he's said?

I'm not saying my opinion on the topic is worth a damn or that I've contributed anything. We just don't need crap like that in this thread or otherwise it's going to get locked.

Smooth Criminal
I'll give you points for that. Frankly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't closed already with the flaming that's been going on instead of people actually explaining how a character can get banned. So far, Sunnysunny's been the best contributor concerning what this thread's supposed to be. I try too, but most of my ideas get brushed, so meh.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Considering this has completely lost relevance with the original topic and has turned into this, the fact that it hasn't been locked already is surprising enough.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There were no childish insults.
Funny, I remember it differently.

Yep, there is the insult.

Although pre-emptively accusing me of something like that is pretty childish imo.
You preemptively accused M2K of being in it for only the money, and you basically called me a fanboy in the above quote.

Like MK being uber-technical.
If you actually believe that then I worry for you. And also question if you have ever actually played the game.
Woops (checked that quote). I meant to say M2K is uber technical, and that MK is the closest thing to technicality there really is in Brawl. There's probably other reasons, too, but I don't care that much about M2K's reasoning unless it will make me a better player.

I'm done with debating anything related to Brawl unless something new develops (minus Rainbow Cruise's URC ban of course, which I will always oppose).

I'm mostly wondering where the bans could headed-in Brawl and possibly even Melee if this "carries over" from the Brawl URC and BRoom and whatnot. Could we see more counter-pick stages disappear in Melee=??? Could we see the end of counter-pick stages as a whole=??? Could there be edge grab limits in Melee=???

Could there be any rules to prevent Young Link's from being gay campy hoes=???

Could John get back with Kate and their 8 kids=??? Could that show be any less stupid=???

Could the drama here be any stupider than that show=???

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Funny, I remember it differently.
Convenient.

Yep, there is the insult.
Of course there was...

You preemptively accused M2K of being in it for only the money, and you basically called me a fanboy in the above quote.
1. not pre-emptively. of course it would take nothing less than a written and signed doctrine detailing how and why that is the case for him in his own words to convince you otherwise.
2. not at all. more words in my mouth.

Woops (checked that quote). I meant to say M2K is uber technical, and that MK is the closest thing to technicality there really is in Brawl. There's probably other reasons, too, but I don't care that much about M2K's reasoning unless it will make me a better player.
That's still just as wrong though.
There are much more technical characters than mk.
the most technical thing he has is IDC.

I'm done with debating anything related to Brawl unless something new develops (minus Rainbow Cruise's URC ban of course).
RC being banned is awesome.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm mostly wondering where the bans could headed-in Brawl and possibly even Melee if this "carries over" from the Brawl URC and BRoom and whatnot. Could we see more counter-pick stages disappear in Melee=??? Could we see the end of counter-pick stages as a whole=??? Could there be edge grab limits in Melee=???
Seeing more counterpicks disappear in Melee may be unlikely, but then again, things always change. Hell, they might even add counterpicks. Who knows?

I doubt there'd be an end to counterpicking stages, as that defeats the purpose of a competitive Smash game. I assume that was sarcasm on your part. XD

lol @ edge grab limits. Hell, isn't planking easily punished in Melee compared to Brawl? I haven't played Melee in years, so I wouldn't know.

Could there be any rules to prevent Young Link's from being gay campy hoes=???
Only if Young Link becomes top tier.
Could John get back with Kate and their 8 kids=??? Could that show be any less stupid=???
Celeb relationships never repair.
Could the drama here be any stupider than that show=???
I thought the drama was already stupider than the show.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seeing more counterpicks disappear in Melee may be unlikely, but then again, things always change. Hell, they might even add counterpicks. Who knows?

I doubt there'd be an end to counterpicking stages, as that defeats the purpose of a competitive Smash game. I assume that was sarcasm on your part. XD
I've seen several disappear. There used to be tons, and now tournaments don't even have Rainbow Cruise in Melee or Brawl. I understand stages like Peach's Castle (Melee version) have disappeared, but now it's like down to a few stages in Melee. Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Congo Jungle 64, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, and maybe one or two more.

Really more and more people are hating on counter-pick stages as a whole, and it's really rubbing me in the wrong way (although I kinda understand the exception in smash 64). BF and FD bore me; I want variety. What ever happened to Mute City in tournaments, eh=??? I mean, at least have it in a few select tournaments, minus doubles.

lol @ edge grab limits. Hell, isn't planking easily punished in Melee compared to Brawl? I haven't played Melee in years, so I wouldn't know.
Edge grabbing and planking is, punishable but more and more people seem to stall unnecessarily by doing edge grabbing, in both Melee and Brawl. Fortunately in Melee it isn't happening in the top of the top competitive scene.

Only if Young Link becomes top tier.

LOL watch someone find like a bomb glitch that can send them straight way across the whole stage hecka fast, or find some easy kill glitch and some secret technique to lower Young Link's after-attack lag.

But really, campy Young Links are gay. I hate watching Melee matches be just about who has the higher damage percentage and less stocks when time runs out. Dang it, FIGHT, approach, and WIN!

There was a set like this at Genesis 2, when Armada was the Young Link.

Celeb relationships never repair.
Absolutely right. (story time!)

One time I went with my family on vacation and we stopped at my mom's best friend's house. Apparently she lived next door to the second place finisher on the Bachelor, and the guy on the Bachelor had recently been dumped by the winner. So you know what he did=??? He went to her house to see her (definitely scripted so the paparazzi could make money), and the paparazzi was all there ready to find out everything so they could collect money off the story. There were about 8 paparazzi vehicles parked in my mom's best friend's driveway, and we were gonna leave about this time.

It's too damn bad we didn't have something to destroy those vehicles for the lulz and drive off, lol!

I thought the drama was already stupider than the show.
The drama is the show. You know it was scripted from the get go.

Just like how the Meta Knight ban was scripted years ago by some people in the Brawl Backroom so they could form the URC.
:awesome:

Max?

Smash Champion
Ugh, more walls of text.

Anyway, I saw people mentioning Pika in Smash 64. He beats everyone, and to my knowledge goes even with Falcon on Dreamland and Fox on Hyrule, but otherwise ***** the game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ugh, more walls of text.

Anyway, I saw people mentioning Pika in Smash 64. He beats everyone, and to my knowledge goes even with Falcon on Dreamland and Fox on Hyrule, but otherwise ***** the game.
So could Pikachu (64) be dominant enough to warrant a ban on him, or are there ways to beat him legit at top level play (assuming no counterpick stage).

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
64 is way too old and not enough people play it to actually go through with a ban...
plus alot of 64 is played online...
how are you gonna stop your opponent from picking pika? quiting out?

Max?

Smash Champion
64 is way too old and not enough people play it to actually go through with a ban...
Exactly.

On top of that 64's game mechanics are setup so that anyone (baring Samus) can get ToD combos with proper execution. While some might be easier/safer than others, it's completely possible for anyone to be viable. A game like Brawl, with no hitstun, unlimited airdodging and other weird game mechanics does not have the same flexibility.

The other Top Tiers in 64 are right behind Pika in terms of being ****, while the gist I get from Brawl is that Metaknight is leagues beyond any other character. Take what I say with a grain of salt tho, as I am not completely up to date with the 64/brawl metagames.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty much. Even though Pikachu is better than everyone else, how are you gonna enforce it=???

Also, Isai could beat any of the next best players with probably any character short of Samus and Link versus their Pikachu.

So yeah, age, online-based game play, and especially Isai prevent this ban.

If anything should be banned in Smash 64 it should be Isai... >.>

Edit: LOL at Max's gif sig. That's awesome! XD

Top Bottom