• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you main more as a ness mainer?

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I thought about some combinations ness players have. I've seen a very similiar one to me (Xoxo) Ness+Diddy (both yellow XD)

I thought about maining another char, like pika,Wario

I like to play with wario because of his awesome arial game and he looks like a difficult char to pick up but I would like to try it.
(Offline vids over like 2 weeks or something probably)

Pikachu: A fast and difficult char to main imo.
I like his game of Quicking and jolting (lol)

I would like to know some chars you guys main more than ness.
Just to see if ness players are maining the chars I've said.

And what for combinations do you have in mind who can support ness?

Discuss...?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well... I guess you could say I main random, but Ness is probably my best. I attend pretty much every character board, but I'm most active as Ness/Mario/Jiggs.

My list just goes like this;

:ness2::mario2::kirby2::lucas::jigglypuff::fox: :falcon::lucario::warioc::pikachu2::samus2::sonic:
and :roymelee:

I have a big list...
None of the characters really support my style of play, I just find that my Ness becomes predictable if I use him too often. In tourneys, I go all Mario and Ness.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I don't really have any other mains/secondaries, though I've always been good with marth (melee main) and recently I've been messing with DK since he has similar aerials

StarLight

Smash Apprentice
Marth(My melee main as well) and Pit are about the only two characters that I play close to the amount I play Ness. It's kind of nice having high, mid, and low tier mains, eheh.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I can name 5 people from the top of my head that main Ness and Yoshi, including me.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
I'm currentely looking for a secondary. My first pick was PT, but I've found that I don't like Ivysaur that much. Currentely, I'm trying out Luigi, and so far, he seems good.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
As you can tell, I don't main Ness, he's one of my many secondaries.

1. Peach
2. Pokemon Trainer
3. Sheik
4. Zelda
5. Ice Climbers
6. Ness

Yeah, he's a bit on the bottom for me, but Sheik and Zelda are interchangable I suppose, and Ness and Iceclimbers are contested to me because I do well with both of them pretty equally whenever I need to use them.

So really, Ness is tied with IceClimbers for 4th place.

In a doubles match, GnW is a universal teammate for all characters, and he'll go wll with ness in particular with bucket and GnW helps Ness' recovery.

In general, Ness' best choice for a seconadry would be someone who counters his bad matchups with the higher tiers, so either MK, Snake, GnW, maybe Wolf, and maybe Zamus.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I thought about some combinations ness players have. I've seen a very similiar one to me (Xoxo) Ness+Diddy (both yellow XD)
Yay for being in the first post :D Personally, I use Diddy the most after Ness... but I see a lot of Ness users also enjoy playing as DK or Yoshi

recently I've been messing with DK since he has similar aerials
I can name 5 people from the top of my head that main Ness and Yoshi, including me.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yoshi could possibly be a good choice do to slight similarities. It seems that if you use Yoshi, you do better with Ness. That's just the way I've seen it out of experience. But it doesn't mean you can't learn to play Ness like everybody else.

:ness2: Primary
:toonlink: Secondary
:wario: Tertiary (Still in progress)

From the looks of it, I'm all aerial.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Good choices, Uffe.
I hang out on the Wario boards a lot, it's so dead there, lol.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Aside from Wario's slight similarity to Ness, doesn't Wario have a chance at winning against Meta Knight? Doesn't he got some chaingrab on MK? Plus he's confusing as hell when he's in the air and he's not easy to gimp.

Meccs

@Meccs_
MOTHER's boys ftw :D
I also kind secondary Luigi. I used him for all the time I played Melee and was pretty good at edgeguarding with him, but ever since I dumped him for Ness early on in Brawl I've lost most of the knowledge of Luigi I had... and I don't know how to change my name, lol...
I'm an all-out-offensive aerial fighter.

Bobbery

Smash Apprentice
My mains are :ness2: and :luigi2:
and my "secondary" is :peach:
I don't use her as much as :ness2: or :luigi2: but my highest potential with her seems to sometimes surpass them. She's too good.

Fun characters that for some reason I wouldn't main, even though I'm decent:
:bowser2::pt::ike:

livan

Smash Apprentice
o well i use from the start a ness from the day that i see the skills of ness and from that day i was really like to use it but in melee i also use it but marth move very good too so i want to use it too so i use both and in brawl also lucas was amazasing too so i want to use it so my 3 main characters was this ness marth and lucas who will be the next i can't wait for know it lol
n_n

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Ness. Pokemon Trainer a close second.

I'm meaning to drop Wario and Game & Watch (sorry guys), 'cause lately, they're everywhere.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Can I have two mains? :D I main Ness and Lucas equally.
Kirby and Luigi are my seconds, it's good to have trusty backup. They do fine against G&W and Marf.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I bet I've mained and stuck with Ness at a younger age than all of you.
That wouldn't come as any surprise to me. I mained Kirby in 64 because I liked Kirby on Nintendo. My secondary was Falcon and then Ness. When Melee came out, Kirby was nerfed and I didn't like that. I went with Falcon, Kirby and Ness. When Brawl came out, I tried to use Falcon, but he was also nerfed. I also tried to use Kirby, but for some reason I didn't. So far I have used Ness in all the games, but I never actually mained him until Brawl.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness in 64 was... odd. But insanely fun, I'd consider myself a Ness main in both 64 and Brawl.
For Melee, I play Jiggs, Samus, and Fox, of course. Falcon occasionally, but who doesn't?

Uffe

Smash Hero
Going back to 64, I found myself using Ness and Samus. Samus' bair is awesome.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, Ness just felt so unique to play as. Because there really is nobody else like him.
... until Brawl. Lucas is a little like Ness.

Still, Melee Samus was the best. I like Brawl Samus... only because of the lolcomboes.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Well, Ness just felt so unique to play as. Because there really is nobody else like him.
... until Brawl. Lucas is a little like Ness.

Still, Melee Samus was the best. I like Brawl Samus... only because of the lolcomboes.
I used to main samus in melee and 64 too, but now it's ness pit and peach cuz they're awesome like that XD

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Ness I use primarily, then I'd say Luigi & Diddy Kong as secondaries. Sometimes Lucas too, just since he's so similar to Ness. But at the same time, I don't use him for that reason. I'm trying to get back into Brawl, so I need to delve into a wider array of characters.

Meccs

@Meccs_
That wouldn't come as any surprise to me. I mained Kirby in 64 because I liked Kirby on Nintendo. My secondary was Falcon and then Ness. When Melee came out, Kirby was nerfed and I didn't like that. I went with Falcon, Kirby and Ness. When Brawl came out, I tried to use Falcon, but he was also nerfed. I also tried to use Kirby, but for some reason I didn't. So far I have used Ness in all the games, but I never actually mained him until Brawl.
my story is kinda similar... :D

I first used Pikachu in SSB before I unlocked Ness. Then I unlocked him, and Ness was the coolest person ever to me, so I mainly used him in SSB. Then I played Melee and thought he was significantly worse, so I switch to Luigi (who I used 3rd most) and kinda used Pikachu as a secondary, though I used Luigi 99% of me Melee time. For Brawl I was trying to think of someone different to main cause I was sick of Luigi, and nobody really stuck out at me unil I remembered how awesome Ness was, so I started using him.

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
This is about how much I play the following characters:

1. Ness 50% (my main since SSB, Bair is my favorite move but loved it more in Melee)
2. DK 20% (the first character I ever played and love his aerials that are similar to Ness')
3. Marth 10% (my best from Melee so still fairly easy to be good with)
4. Ike 5% (I LOVE all his KO moves)
5. Zelda 5% (abusing Din's fire and Usmash is so much fun)
5. Wario 2% (Easily the most entertaining character, I mean, a motorcycle and fart KO's!)
6. ZSS 2% (she has so many NASTY techniques)
8. ROB 2% (realizing more and more what a bada** he is)
9. Lucas 2% (when my friends are sick of losing to Ness but I still want Ness-like)
10. MK 1% (as a player of this game you kinda HAVE to learn how to use him and fight him)
11. 1% Jiggly, G+W, TL, Wolf, Diddy, Snake, PT

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
just my signature below for my chars. Cfalc seemed to have a good game when I looked him over. I wanted to get some more characters in case my ness is disadvantaged in a fight. Link used to be my main in melée until I started playing ness, but he was nerfed so much I basically forgot about him (although he never was a high tier character). Ice climbers were brought to my interest because of this one grab video that I can't remember the name of because of the huge possibilities of alternating grabs. Zss because I was experimenting with all characters at the release of brawl and she seemed good, Although I didn't pick her up again until a while ago. Dk because when I was helping a friend unlock 75m I began to like his style of play. All other characters are too wierd for me (luigi, yoshi, wario, diddy, marth, and others).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
just my signature below for my chars. Cfalc seemed to have a good game when I looked him over. I wanted to get some more characters in case my ness is disadvantaged in a fight. Link used to be my main in melée until I started playing ness, but he was nerfed so much I basically forgot about him (although he never was a high tier character). Ice climbers were brought to my interest because of this one grab video that I can't remember the name of because of the huge possibilities of alternating grabs. Zss because I was experimenting with all characters at the release of brawl and she seemed good, Although I didn't pick her up again until a while ago. Dk because when I was helping a friend unlock 75m I began to like his style of play. All other characters are too wierd for me (luigi, yoshi, wario, diddy, marth, and others).
Heha. You truly are a Ness main, you're drawn to bad characters.
Captain Falcon and Link are easily two of the worst characters in the game. They're also among the most fun, true story.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Heha. You truly are a Ness main, you're drawn to bad characters.
Captain Falcon and Link are easily two of the worst characters in the game. They're also among the most fun, true story.
Cfalc should be above link though imo. But these characters have a coolness factor to them as well. Whatis more satisfying than landing a reverse falcon punch or knee, dair as link, or pkt2 and bat as ness? Very little. Ganons warlock punch is unbelievably satisfying, but I can't get used to how slow he is.

Top Bottom