• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you hate the most when playing against CPU's?

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
The title explains everything. Excuse me if there already is a similar post to this, I just couldn't find any. Anyway, what I hate the most is that they escape alot of the times when I'm trying to grab them with Link >.>...

xTrav8

Smash Cadet
I hate the fact that they're CPU's, and not actual people. So I'm only getting worse.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Absolutely unhuman reaction speeds. :laugh: Its crazy.

I think I'm going to stop fighting CPUs; its getting me into alot of bad habits.:(

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I really don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but what is power shielding?
:) Powershielding is when you shield right as you are attacked, like within the very first hit frames. It allows for a quick counter attack and you take no damage.

Wi-fi is still terrible. And lol @ what is power shielding.
That isn't very helpful...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Glad to help. And yes, CPUs are experts with the timing. It wouldn't happen near as often in a real match.:laugh:

chaoslink20

Smash Cadet
Glad to help. And yes, CPUs are experts with the timing. It wouldn't happen near as often in a real match.:laugh:
Yep. Nintendo kinda failed at coding the CPU's. Apperantly, CPU's start to get harder as you play more and more. They basically find out your 'techniques'(or whatever you may want to call it) and learn to get past them. It can actually **** me off sometimes, even if it only is a game.

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
yeah CPUs arnt that good of practice...they can make you a lil better but you can fall into bad habits that will get you killed in a real match...also that **** power shield is so annoying... its unrealistic they block like EVERYTHING

Veril

Frame Savant
CPUs exist for me to combo them into rest. Really just for resting. Their predictability is actually good because it lets me figure out... well, ways to rest opponents in certain situations. Not the best practice, but they will literally powershield just about any rest that isn't really unexpected, completely unavoidable (lag resting, OOS, etc), comboed into, or an interrupt. So they let me know what won't work pretty well.

I hate when they crouch taunt me though.

Practicing with CPUs basically requires that you have a purpose beyond beating them, since that doesn't matter at all. Playing to win against a CPU is bad.

ZhaR not czar

Smash Rookie
The most annoying thing is probably when CPUs taunt after getting a kill for something that they had no part in. Other than that, the fact that they aren't human gets pretty **** annoying.

I only play against CPUs to practice specific techniques, though. Actually practicing to get better against them is just a bad idea.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Its been stated a few times already, but I hate how they gang up on you in Brawl. In Melee, three CPU's would be fighting each other and you would be on the other side of the stage, then one and ONLY ONE would go after you. In Brawl, they don't even attack each other. :ohwell:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
CPUs can do the impossible "take off the shield immediately after getting hit by Shield Breaker to prevent getting a broken shield".

POKE40

Smash Lord
That's why Nintendo (mainly Sakarui) made Wi-Fi for SSBB. So that you could battle against real people, rather than CPU's.
Grammar fix.
Har har har.

A Grammar Nazi strikes again! :p

Also fix the phrase that is highlighted in lime. The phrase is just a fragment of a sentence. :chuckle:
(Don't take me seriously. ;))

Response to topic:
All CPU's don't think smart enough and walk right up to you. Now I can't do some fancy approach when fighting CPU's in opposition to fighting human controlled players. :urg:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
They have god-like reaction speeds that only electronics can provide. This aspect of CPU's completely nullifies the ability to use (and for some of us, practice) mental tactics that would normally be quite sound against human players.

Sieguest

Smash Master
the reasons why I hate the cpus...
everything that everyone has said in this thread..
1. Their reaction speeds are uber cheap...somehow they can powershield everything...
2. If you fight to win they make bad habits...this won't help me get better
3. their cpus...period...

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I end up attempting to do stupid combos on human players (which doesn't work) that worked against CPUs.

Although they are rather funny to watch sometimes when hit offstage, their use of recovery is hilariously predictable.

Sci

Smash Cadet
yeah, to me the big problems with CPUs is that they can't really replicate what its like fighting a human player. They sometimes do totally stupid things that lead them to a KO while a human player probably wouldn't have fallen for the same thing.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
the fact they can predict ur every move
they don't help u get better
their reaction time

sammy p

Smash Lord
whenever i try to dodge their attack(if ya know wat i mean) they land a hit on me anyways......
BUT, when they dodge my attacks, it actually MISSES

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i hate most that they dodge every attack, shield grab me all the time ,can't DI
and when you know how, too easy to combo

and you can't mindgame them....oh yeah that is ugly!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Since cpu's have perfect reaction, it just forces me to solidify my camping games. It's fun IMO, you learn defensive moves with characters that are supposed to be offensive. As a Sheik main, that's something I really appreciate.

I always use run away b-reversed ground needles now. Even CPU's can't react to that when they are chasing me with a dash attack or something :p

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I would say that it doesn't really affect my skill and also I know almost ALL their tactics since I've been having to keep brawling them to keep my skill for almost all my offline matches!!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I hate how inconsistent they are. Before I played wifi I played computers for practice, and sometimes they are absolutely terrible, but sometimes they have frame perfect shielding and grabbing. I wish they were always that good, it would make it really fun for me.

Top Bottom