• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do you guys do when your enemy is dead?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I wait for them to respawn. There's no funny, cool looking thing you can do with Dedede while waiting.
Wrong, just press down on the control stick. I do that with Dedede and taunt.
If you run from side to side, you can also make him do a funny happy dance around his hammer.
I can't find the video I saw of it now. You might have to actually see it to understand the timing. It looks like he's skipping around, and when you turn around the hammer's head stays in the same spot. Just hold -> for an itty bitty bit, hold <- for an itty bitty bit and repeat.

I do like lying down a lot, too.

Also, you can do a funny break-dancing maneuver (really hard to do with anything other than Wii Remote and it takes two hands on the dpad for me to do it) by pressing V, <-, V, ->, V, <-, V, -> over and over. The trick is to get him to lay down, turn around, lay down, turn around. If you do it really fast it looks like he's doing the helicopter break dancing move.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If im playing MK, I Taunt.
If Mario, I Charge Fludd, and side taunt

orintemple

Smash Lord
Dashdance and/or taunt with characters who don't have anything useful to do in the meantime.

Otherwise I charge attacks, set traps, that sort of thing.

D13

Smash Ace
I usually taunt out of habit. Charging up projectiles or pulling out bombs or turnips is a good use of free time. And if you're snake, there's all kinds of stuff you could be doing.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ike's Down-Taunt. Instant badass.

(If I'm playing as Popo, I taunt. He says something nasty in spanish when you taunt.)

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Well, when I kill someone, after violating their corpse in numerous ways, I usually drink the blood of my enemies. But that's just me I guess.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I normally dash dance, but with the new extent of taunts in brawl, you can't help but show'em off XD

Turbo4000

Smash Rookie
If I'm Mario, I Up+B
Capt. Falcon, Falcon Punch with a Falcon Kick.
Meta Knight, 2 Right/Left+B
Pikachu, Down+B (I think thats the one that makes the lightning bolt. I dont play much as him.)

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
When I'm ROB... I of course... Do the Rob.
THough, I have my own variation of it.

Dashdance-->U-smash->D-smash->U-tilt-> Down Taunt-> Up Taunt-> Side Taunt
Then charge gyro

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I use Peach so I side taunt pretty much every time. It's too pwnage not to.
Quoted for truth XD

Marth: When playing as Marth, I run towards one of the edges, leap off and then use my second jump to backflip back onto the stage. Don't know why, it's just a habit XD

Wario: WAH, WAH, WAH! I will spam his down taunt like there's no tomorrow.

Ness: OK! OK! OK! OK! Up taunt spam ftw.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Notice: If the person you are playing has physically expired, do not continue playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Instead, move the body to another area as soon as possible. The DVD-DL disc that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is pressed on is highly sensitive, and exposure to cells shed by a decaying body may cause it to freeze up, or stop functioning entirely. Then, continue playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Yay. I made M2K laugh.

Seriously, though, unless your opponent takes a ridiculously long time to die (i.e. Peach w/ a Parasol under the stage), time between respawns is best served setting up for your next move, be it offensive or defensive. On bigger stages like NPC or Temple, getting better field position is good too.

Psychicmind

Smash Rookie
I usually either taunt or charge any such moves, such as ROB's Gyro or Lucario's Aura Sphere.

-Phoenix-

Smash Cadet
Usually, I just run to one side of a stage and either stand there or charge an attack depending on the character.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'll usually charge up a move if I have one that's chargeable, or I'll taunt. Against certain people and in certain situations I'll work on setting up a move, or I'll run for an Assist Trophy or a Poke Ball while they're gone. Unless I'm playing against my brother, then I'll taunt no matter what, because it makes him incredibly frustrated anytime I taunt (so I do it at any time during a match that I can; when I dodge his Dragoon, his FS, or just when I'm far enough away from him I know he won't be able to hit me during it), and he usually plays worse after that anyway, since he's so frustrated he gets reckless. :chuckle:

EDIT: Lol @ The Executive! Excellent point, and well-worded, too. :laugh:

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
If im playing Pokemon Trainer then I would change out my pokemon. Otherwise I go to the edge of the stage and try to do all 3 taunts.

Top Bottom