• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do YOU do to prepare for a tourney?

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Get at least 6-7 hours the night before.
Get something to eat on the way.
Get to the venue then relax.
Watch people play.
Friendly for at least an hour straight then relax.
Find out who I'm playing and anything I can about them.
Get hyped.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
shower
don't pre-hype the tournament
relax at the venue and play some friendlies
Go in with the correct mindset
See all your opponents the same light
Only take energy drinks if you can handle them

Aegri Somnia

Smash Cadet
I can relate to RichBrown's advice.

I usually fap once every 3 months.

However, I went to a tournament this Saturday, and I had fapped Thursday. Twice.

I played terrible, including getting ***** in a set, thus making me come 7th when I could've easily gotten 4th.

I sleep, eat, and just think positive and invision myself doing good to boost my morale.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
a combination of many different weekends and 4 completely different tournament results i tend to **** if i fapped recently.

difference is

9, 25

to

1, 2 and 4

im gonna start stocking up on astro glide

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
football players aren't allowed (not supposed to) have sex before a game. i remember hearing that somewhere

coming from richbrowns blog, i'm pretty sure thats legit
Really? I heard the opposite. Apperantly, sex or masturbation increases your testosterone levels and coaches advise it. I could be wrong though.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
get sleep
practice b4 goin to venue so i dont go in louzy
eat something
play friendlies if i can
take a deep breath b4 and after every match
hang around with the rest of the smashers

RESET Vao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RESET_Imp
Practicing against CPU for weight e.t.c like M2K does is actually very handy!

I also practice input reliant things that I often goof up under pressure, like Sheik DACUS.

-Ran

Smash Master
Common belief states that testosterone (male hormone) is depleted with sexual activity. Clinical studies have proven this to be false (Oct. 2000 Journal of Sports Medicine).
Sexual activity increases testosterone levels, and long periods of abstinence (six to 12 weeks – a short drought for some people) significantly lowers levels (in many cases, to levels commonly seen in children).
So there you go, kiddos.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Play Friendlies, drink lots of Mountain Dew....and If I have it: Station my Gengar next to/on the TV

AuraStUrm

Smash Journeyman
I always try to get plenty of sleep. I go to bed and wake up fairly early so I'm not still waking up during the tourney.

Since I'm a Marth main, I do lots of spacing practice beforehand so I can hopefully have it down when I'm playing.

But what do I know. I'm easily Nebraska's worst player.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I usually get high enough to think I'm Buzz Lightyear, then pretend I'm falling with style as I make my way there. By the time I've arrived, I've already made two trips to Pizza Planet with my boy Woody and got some from Bo Peep. Straight up ready to go for the tournament when I return back to Planet Earth.
This is my new favorite quote.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I make sure I get at least 9 hours of sleep, first of all. I can't regale how much I regret getting only like 5 the night prior to DNA#6. I lost to so many people I usually beat.

Next, I play as many level 9 CPUs as I can to keep my reaction time sharp. DI, precision, etc.

Lastly, I make sure I've eaten a bunch of good stuff, such as oatmeal, fruits and lots of water/juice.

Whenever I follow this routine, I perform spectacularly. If not? lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I personally need practice offline before as wifi is terrible when I want to play offline tournaments. I do play wifi the previous night to get ready but I prefer playing the less wifi-influenced matches or with people I know I have a blue/green connection with (mostly with Snake's and MK as Wifi Falco is so different compared to online)

I play as many friendlies/MM's (possibly) as much as I can at the beginning of the tournament.

If the tournament is at 12, I usually get there are 11 or 10:30. I get slightly more than the normal amount of sleep and get something to eat at whatever place is near to get ready/prevent my stomach from failing mid-match.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Just get high. Works for Lain.

lol seriously though I use the whole day as a ritual. I wear my favorite clothes,m eat my favorite foods, listen to my favorite songs to elevate my mood. Right before a tournament match I take a deep breathe and tell myself to take it slow and to keep my eyes open. "Don't rush it" That was my biggest issue first starting off. It just takes some conscious effort to overcome your bad habits. Getting yourself in the mindset beforehand helps a lot. And the most important thing I tell myself is:

"Have fun"

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I get sleep, water, and BUY LOTS OF LOTS OF CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly though candy helps. The human brain needs sugar to function properly and in a tourny you need to be at your best.

...Plus I love candy lol

Padô

Smash Lord
I tend to play a lot better while drunk. But i wouldn't recommend this to people.

Just have a good night of sleep and don't bother training alone at home thats would just bother your thoughs about the tourney.

OFC taking a shower is a MUST.

Top Bottom