• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what do u like/dislike about dk brawl in comparism to melee?

crifer

Smash Lord
Like :
- headbutt to kill combo
- down-b
- tilts
- stagespike xD
- juggernaut frames

dislikes:
- missing of juggling game (upair)
- that he is not underrated anymore
- upb

so what do u think is better or worse?

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I used to miss old Bair, Punch range, cargo combos, and UpB KO's, but now I can't imagine going back to Melee and losing all the great stuff he gained.

Revven

FrankerZ
Mostly the UpB losing its KO power is what I dislike. Everything else I love, especially his infinite against the wall (dtilt FTW!)

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I was watching a Melee DK vid today and the guy used Up+B to get some extra hits in at the end of a combo. I was like "What an idiot he's going to have all that landing lag at the end of that and get punished horribly!"

...and then he just dropped to the ground right on his feet and kept going.

Roller

Smash Legend
I was watching a Melee DK vid today and the guy used Up+B to get some extra hits in at the end of a combo. I was like "What an idiot he's going to have all that landing lag at the end of that and get punished horribly!"

...and then he just dropped to the ground right on his feet and kept going.
LMFAO!

Sorry for the double post.

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
well, i may have found one positive thing to the horrible landing lag on up-b. if your opponent see's you using your spinning kong, they may assume your going to go through the immense lag, and thusly charge in to punish. however, when landed properly, you can come up with no lag at all, and they will run right into your dsmash, over b, or giant punch. this couldn't necessarily be done in melee, because the opponent knew you were going to land without lag and if they charged you, they would be punished instead.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I love that DK is far easier to control now. When I played Melee, the guy was slipping everywhere he tried to move. I couldn't really make any sudden turns when I needed to. He seems to have gained more traction now, and that's increased his maneuverability significantly.

spades

Smash Cadet
upB lag blows, and i clearly recall being incredibly upset when i couldn't uair combo/juggle combo. I told myself not to play dk anymore after that... but who can resist the dk? Seriously.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I like how his eyeballs stick out if you leave him alone for a while. Oh, and when you crouch over and over again, that's hilareous compared to melee.

I like:

Armor Frames
Better Bair
faster moves
stage spiking
jab locking
head butt actually is worth something LOL
down b is usable LOL

I dislike:

Shorter punch range
up b does less knockback
recovery has lag when he falls

Overall I think he got a lot better from melee LOL except his final smash (why sakurai why LOL)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
i like dk still he is fun 2 play as in non serious play
Non serious play meaning he sucks? Or just playing him randomly even if you dont main him?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Spinning Kong was better back in Melee. Still, not much has changed whenever I use Donkey Kong. I still try to take advantage of his grabs and his Giant Punch is still one of the best special moves out there.

6futs

Smash Rookie
Def mindgames to headbutt->fsmash/punch is the awesome. I want to shoot myself every time I accidentally fair though.

Top Bottom