• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What do melee falcon players think of PM Falcon?

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Everything about Falcon feels amazing in 3.0 and beyond, and B-reversing Falcon kick is extremely useful. Two thumbs up!

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
I feel like Falcon got a more versatile moveset in PM, but I love both falcons. Both can be more agressive imo, but Melee falcon takes the cake for best combos and most technicality.

PM Falcon got a better Raptor Boost, Falcon Kick and (not confirmed) I believe his Knee got 1-3 more frames of SDI ability
Melee Falcon retains his mobility, tight control and fast combos
PM Falcon's Mobility rendered almost useless vs. Sonic
Melee Falcon's Spacie matchups are horrible
Not many Spacies in PM, but the matchup feels a bit better in PM
PM Falcon has more matchups to deal with, with 10+ more viable characters
Melee falcon's gentleman is harder to land
PM falcon's gentleman IS SO EASY TO LAND
Melee falcon is crazy
PM falcon is crazy
Both PM/Melee Falcon punches/sacred combos are awesome

There's my analysis.

Last edited:

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
upthrow to nautral air almost always works on any character at 0 or very low pct
his upthrow seems to throw the opponent higher than in melee, and the first hit of the nair when coming from below the opponent seems to lock the opponent in so that the second hit will always connect

basically downthrow should only be used for downthrow > knee and dropzones
not even sure if you need downthrows vs spacies

Reizoko

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1263-6364-2684
I have no complaints about Captain Falcon. He's too much fun to play and any time I lose, I blame it on myself and not the character. Half the time I don't know these new match-ups very well, but you have to adapt to both the character and your opponent. I use all the tools C. Falcon has in his arsenal as best as possible and have a damn good time doing it.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Falcon was one of my favorite characters in Melee, but every time I pick up Melee Falcon, running feels weird. Is it just me or is his dash a tad different?

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I think connecting a mid-air raptor boost should reset your jump or at least allow you to up-b after connecting. Could be a better combo tool.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Falcon was one of my favorite characters in Melee, but every time I pick up Melee Falcon, running feels weird. Is it just me or is his dash a tad different?
It may be because in melee, you need to move the control stick ALL the way to the right or left to dash, while in PM, you only need to move it about half as far for the game to register a dash.

Steel Banana

Smash Cadet
It may be because in melee, you need to move the control stick ALL the way to the right or left to dash, while in PM, you only need to move it about half as far for the game to register a dash.
That's actually the reason I can't play melee Falcon. It's pretty sad :[

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Despite all of his buffs, I do not like Falcon in PM.

I'm too used to Falcon in Melee. Something about Falcon in PM feels slightly off. The way he lands, and the differences in sound fx...bleh

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
He looks stupid, he's easier to use, he's been improved, and he feels.... off. I can't tell if he's better or worse.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah he feels really off. I think if I didn't play falcon in melee as intimately as I do it wouldn't bother me as much.

All the other melee falcon mains in my region don't like falcon in pm either.

eskimoparade

Smash Apprentice
the fact that he can actually sweetspot the edge with up b in pm is pretty fantastic, althought not always relevant

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah he feels really off. I think if I didn't play falcon in melee as intimately as I do it wouldn't bother me as much.

All the other melee falcon mains in my region don't like falcon in pm either.
My opinions have changed since the 3.5 patch

D

Deleted member

3.5 Falcon feels allllllllright

Haven't played him in tournament yet though.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
So I was talking to M2K at Northwest Regional's. He was like "Falcon is secretly broken in this game because of all the character nerfs" Falcon confirmed broken.
kappa?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Depends on what you define that to be. Top 5 might not be a stretch, but he's certainly not supremo #1 character in the game.

KneeJustice

Smash Rookie
Despite all of his buffs, I do not like Falcon in PM.

I'm too used to Falcon in Melee. Something about Falcon in PM feels slightly off. The way he lands, and the differences in sound fx...bleh
He still feels a little Brawl-y. Its quite residual though and I'm really enjoying watching better players make use of his awesome movement on stream. It's not as obvious from watching him IMO.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
i know he has always had that awful techroll. that carried over from melee. The biggest thing im surprised about with falcon is that other than his raptor boost grabbing the ledge, he hasnt recieved a single buff.. like peach got a couple good buffs, marth and jiggs even sorta did too with the addition of DACUSing. but for a character below all of them in teir level, he really didnt get worked on at all. The closest one to him on the melee teir list thats in PM so far is ganon, and he got several good buffs.

regardless, i feel that nair doesnt lead into a grab as much as it did in melee. tat move definitely feels off.

Did you know?: Falcon kick (on ground) can kill and has reduced ending lag? Gentleman is now "free". Up smash has reduced ending lag.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did you know?: Falcon kick (on ground) can kill and has reduced ending lag? Gentleman is now "free". Up smash has reduced ending lag.
That post of his is close to 2 years old. Some of those Falcon buffs might have not existed back in those times

Onisser

Smash Rookie
3.5 Falcon feels more like Melee Falcon to me than any previous PM renditions of Falcon.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
He feels slow and janky. Maybe I just have to get used to him but he feels nowhere near as smooth as he was in Melee.

Also as someone else said, the Brawl SFX suck and make combos less satisfying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom