• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Could've Been - A Falcon Combo Video

Mann

Smash Ace
I like the title. It's sad that it's hard to pull off it off in real gameplay.

Still entertaining. Some of the stuff can still be applied to the gameplay. Just hard to put your opponent in some of those situations to be set up for it.

lol @ Ice climbers.

HT27

Smash Cadet
Sweet video, awesome combos, great ending. Too bad on the choice of music though, but I guess you can't have everything in life. :p

I think Falcon wasn't nerfed, it was more the change in game mechanics that nerfed his overall game and playstyle.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I don't care how good or bad Falcon is. That video was great, save for the music (at least it wasn't the original). Falcon may be dead, but he's still flashy.

HT27

Smash Cadet
*I* think he wasn't nerfed. If hitstun still had effect similar to that in Melee, and airdodging wasn't as easy to use, many of Falcon's combos would be perfectly viable in Brawl. His moves themselves are, for the most part, the same thing, it's just that the game's transition to floaty, low-hitstun makes these same moves harder to string together, etc. Just my opinion... I don't really know why you referred to that other thread there, it's not even a decent thread.

Mule50

Smash Cadet
this makes me sad to see...not just for Falcon but for the game itself. In melee I loved being flashy and stringing together long combos (watching bombsoldier is what made me want to be competitive), but now, with the decreased hitstun, I don't find this game as awesome as I had hoped.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I miss old Falcon so much! ...I could go play melee, but now after playing brawl I suck at melee because I have trouble adjusting between the 2 incredibly different games. I start wavedashing in melee, then I play brawl and randomly jump airdodge like i'm just gonna slide across the stage...
eh, brawl...

Mann

Smash Ace
*I* think he wasn't nerfed. If hitstun still had effect similar to that in Melee, and airdodging wasn't as easy to use, many of Falcon's combos would be perfectly viable in Brawl. His moves themselves are, for the most part, the same thing, it's just that the game's transition to floaty, low-hitstun makes these same moves harder to string together, etc. Just my opinion... I don't really know why you referred to that other thread there, it's not even a decent thread.
I believe you should try to consider why people know that he was nerfed. It wasn't just the game mechanics that were changed.

this makes me sad to see...not just for Falcon but for the game itself. In melee I loved being flashy and stringing together long combos (watching bombsoldier is what made me want to be competitive), but now, with the decreased hitstun, I don't find this game as awesome as I had hoped.
Speed of Melee is what keeps on the game. The excitement of it.

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
Awesome vid man!

This makes me not like Brawl Falcon anymore.... i'd rather quit playing entirely than switch characters.....
:urg:

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Guys, if you honestly want to do things like that, play Melee and get good. Not only will it look even flashier due to increased speed, but it will be so much more satisfying since it'll show you've reached a certain level of skill.

We suddenly don't have to ignore Melee altogether. If you like doing that sort of stuff, play Melee. You don't need to play Brawl.

Mann

Smash Ace
Guys, if you honestly want to do things like that, play Melee and get good. Not only will it look even flashier due to increased speed, but it will be so much more satisfying since it'll show you've reached a certain level of skill.

We suddenly don't have to ignore Melee altogether. If you like doing that sort of stuff, play Melee. You don't need to play Brawl.
Uhh we kinda know that though. No one is saying to ignore Melee. It would just be more satisfying to be more of a threat with Falcon other than possibly team play.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Eh, it seems to me a lot of people feel compelled to learn and play Brawl, and sort of forget about Melee just because it's an older, "outdated" version of the game. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but threads like this don't help so much.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Watching these old Falcon videos makes me sad. If only he kept his air speed so much more would be possible in Brawl.

Mephianse

Smash Rookie
All of the combos were cool and creative, congratulations.

But I think there is hope with Heavy Brawl, maybe you can't do awesome combos like those shown in the video, but at least he recovers some of the gravity that made him so **** good in melee.

Tomzo

Smash Rookie
that video of chillin has alot of combos i believe could easily be air canceled by 2p. ive never seen two uairs chain into a knee successfully against a player who could see it coming.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Wow, very very nice. Imagine if hit stun actually existed in brawl :(

Still, falcon is under rated in brawl. And at the very least it looks like you'd be viable with him.

But ****, even just a half second more hit stun would make at least SOME of those things possible.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Top Bottom