• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Controller Do You Use?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Wii mote and nunchuk. Though I have different settings. I use the gamepad as a c-stick. I use the down pad and up pad for down and up smashes, but i use the side pad for grabbing, i side smash A+side the normal way.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
GameCube Controller FTW It simply ownz, c stick allows u to do things u cant do wish mote sideways or with nunchuck (unless u activate the motion sense fir the mote but cmon using the mote as a C stick is an uber fail xD) i think classic is the only that can be compared to cube one, but i still like cube better.

Yours, Oim

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Being Left-handed shouldn't be an issue. I'm left-handed and i use the normal GC controller.
I'm fine with the GC controller with other games (Zelda on the VC). However in SSB, buttons feel like they're on the wrong side.

I never played Melee so I never familiarized with it either.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I use the Nunchuck. I feel like such a noob for not using the Gamecube controller :ohwell:

Also I'm left handed, not that it matters :chuckle:

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
I've swapped from Wii mote & Nunchuck to the Gamecube for all my characters now. Pivot Walking is too good. ^__^

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
i made my OWN controller.

jk, i use gamecube because its the best one for getting high percents on home run contest. and it feels the best in my hands.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
NGC is best because there's no risk to lose connection because of the battery lost all it's energy.

migas140

Smash Rookie
Wiichuck with 1 as grab, 2 and 1+2 as taunts and arrows as smashes with tap jump off. Everything else is default.

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
i use gc so i wouldn't have to change styles from melee. and the there is a

C STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also hooked to melee controlls, but i hate the up stick jumping, so im glad they have names and custom controller settings, for some reason my cousin plays with the solo wii remote.

BSP

Smash Legend
gamecube, cause I was already used to melee's controls and because it doesn't need batteries.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I want a black Classic Controller since there's about to be a black Wii. D: ♥

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
NGC is better than any other controller, I use it because I played Melee before getting Brawl and I can't the button comands of WiiChucks (if I can't get NGC, I prefer Horizontal Wii). I haven't a Classic, so I don't know how it feels, but it doesn't matter. DACUS needs Classic/NGC controller, taunts are easy with those controllers and C stick smashes are easy to use when needing to use one quickly (I also use the normal way as well).

Sameyu

Smash Rookie
I prefer the Gamecube controller mostly because I like spamming side taunts and because I'm more used to it. However, I have no problems using the Wii remote with the nunchuck.

zeldalover

Smash Rookie
i use all besides classic controller. if i finished playin nes i use wiimote sideways. if im tired and want to be in bed, wiimote + nunchuk.:embarrass gamecube when im close to wii i use gamecube.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gamecube Controller, and the Remote + Nunchuck with the jump and shield buttons switched, with motion control on.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I realize that I really suck with the Gamecube Controller, so I'll stick with Classy... AGAIN!?!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i think the perfect controller for me is the classic, but i absolutely hate using wireless remotes so i stick with gamecube controllers.

I hate using a joystick, its so difficult to jump for me, so I made my R button jump.
If i could, i'd get a classic and set the dpad for moving.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
personally i use the nunchuck and the wiimote. all my friends tell me that why use that controller that it sucks but i say that the game cube comtroller is the one i suck with for some reason. of course one advantage the gamecube one has is the c-stick(used to automatically use smash moves) but for some reason i cant just use it

limo223

Smash Rookie
I started out as a player in Melee, so I first used a gamecube controller. The transition to a wii remote was awkward, so i just stuck with my old style.

Top Bottom