• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what color roy do you use?

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
just out of curiosity.

well i used to use green cause its my favorite color, but i went golden justice after hearing a few words of wisdom.
"its all about the red cape"

im looking into melee texture hacks and one day ill post my custom roy.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I use green; all the characters i use i play in green(excluding fabulous cowboy pit in brawl). I think the least used roy is the blue one. green seems to be very common as is red. No one really uses the normal color methinks.

Reptrode

Smash Cadet
Im a Red Roy Kinda guy, I know marth and roy are pretty much the same, but I just can't be marth it's either Roy, or someone else... and Red matches FIRE!

vZakat

Half Genie
Golden Justice all the way.

And I think Roy is one of the best characters to do texture hacks. His hair is similar to the generic anime character hair so there are a lot of people you could do with him. It'd be great to see Roy as Ky Kiske or Roy Mustang. Roy as the flame alchemist, how awesome would that be? Although I'd rather see Roy in a state alchemist uniform as opposed to him with black hair. I'm starting to ramble now. ramble ramble ramble.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
wow, how many threads have asked this exact question?

but whatever. I use green Roy, and actually use the green costume for every character if they have it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Roy should have a complete nonflammable suit like the pyro in TF2. and a flamethrower. And a fireaxe instead of a sword. and a medic healing him. but the medic would also be a hooker. actually, forget the nonflammable suit, flamethrower, and fireaxe.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
Roy should have a complete nonflammable suit like the pyro in TF2. and a flamethrower. And a fireaxe instead of a sword. and a medic healing him. but the medic would also be a hooker. actually, forget the nonflammable suit, flamethrower, and fireaxe.
that paragraph is almost sig worthy

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Actually, that's what I was going for. you and anybody else has my permission, BTW.

EDIT: I'm thinking of doing something like this with my signature. might not though.

You quoted yourself in your own signature? You're such a slimy, dirty, stupid little piece of cow pie!

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
@sveet: cause organization issuses... and other stuff.

@hsp:i look back at ur quote. and realized that u compared roy to the EASIEST char to use in tf2. wm1... nuff said
that and cow pie isnt funny

TresChikon

Smash Lord
why does the roy boards have no legitimate strategy or discussion threads?
It's like a religion, everyone plays Roy, but when someone brings up the "best" way to play Roy, everyone gets all hissy and flame him because THEIR way of Roy is the BEST way.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
i think you just insulted yourself in that post tres....
Maybe I did, but go look at Handsockpuppet's thread and you'll see a bunch of douchebags flaming him for giving out legitimate advice.

Lol, the guy who wrote this is a moron. Yeah, Roy isn't as good as Marth and he isn't one of the best characters in the game, but this guy(handsockpuppet) is a ******. ''Roy can't combo''? Any skilled Roy player will tell you that Roy can do that quite well and all you have to do is watch almost any of Neo's Roy videos for proof of that. Sethlon and Reed have some good combos in their videos as well.
what a f*g

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I did, but go look at Handsockpuppet's thread and you'll see a bunch of douchebags flaming him for giving out legitimate advice.
Actually, when hsp first wrote that "guide" it was garbage, I mean he said never ftilt, lol! Anyway since he got flamed he took some stuff out, but seeing as how no one has post in that thread in over a month... I'm guessing it's still a garbage guide. And I'm not just trying to hate, but it's true... no offense Hsp. So for all though future would-be-guide-makers, instead of talking about how garbage roy is and saying never to try anything accept dd and ded, try to list the pros and cons of roy's moveset and why YOU chose to use or not to use a particular move in a particular situation.

Woops I just noticed that, as usual, the conversation at hand has nothing to do with what color Roy I use... so back to the original convo. For me it varies with what mood I'm in.
Angry=red roy: casual=alt. blue, he's got blue jeans: nostalgic=defalut: just cause= forest roy: cocky= golden justice.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
that guide isnt supposed to teach about every nook and cranie roy has. its supposed to help you start him. hence the name "noob" guide. i think it was just too blunt and some lables were misleading. aside from that, i would recomend it to new roys for a quick read.
yeah dont ftilt was a stupid rule, but its not a move to depend on imo.

i dont want a "friendly disscussion" like this to sour. so if u want to talk about that guide, do it in that guide

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It's just his opinion, and I find some truth in them, but like I said, people are more likely to disagree about a Roy tactic for some reason.

Anyways...

Forest Roy? Sounds like "The Hunt" kind of thing.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
forest roy b/c its forest green(my fav color). i dont use it as much cause green+gold=not as good as green+black imo.
if that makes sense lol

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
@hsp:i look back at ur quote. and realized that u compared roy to the EASIEST char to use in tf2. wm1... nuff said
that and cow pie isnt funny
sure the Pyro is the easiest to pick up, but he's also the most under appreciated (IMO) underrated (although in a certain sense Roy isn't) character who noobs use and few skilled players bother to learn. also he is best at close range and requires less tech skill but a lot of mindgames. Now he sounds a lot like Roy, doesn't he?

and yeah, cow pie was the only non-curse I could think of.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
i dont want a "friendly disscussion" like this to sour. so if u want to talk about that guide, do it in that guide
I wasn't trying to make a big deal about it, but since everybody else wan't throwing thier off topic comments in, I figured i'd make a suggestion to the next would-be.

forest roy b/c its forest green(my fav color). i dont use it as much cause green+gold=not as good as green+black imo.
if that makes sense lol
And i'm glad you picked up on the forest green...the reason I said "just cause" was I couldn't think of anything better. I probably use that one the most, so I don't really need a reason to pick forest roy. I guess to go on "the hunt" would be an acceptable reason if you needed one though.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
sure the Pyro is the easiest to pick up, but he's also the most under appreciated (IMO) underrated (although in a certain sense Roy isn't) character who noobs use and few skilled players bother to learn. also he is best at close range and requires less tech skill but a lot of mindgames. Now he sounds a lot like Roy, doesn't he?.
i get it. well i didnt rly get to play tf2 yet(broken comp jons)but im most interested in spy.i wanna play tf2 in general tho.

ps i quit roy

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
Blue
metrosexuality makes me think that his hair is a good contrast

Top Bottom