• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what color roy do you use?

ohgodx

Smash Apprentice
I use default partially because I am lazy and uncreative color-wise in this game

but mostly because when I played Marth and Roy in high school, people always asked me which of the two was better int he actual Fire Emblem games from which they originated. This was my que to play the Fire Emblem games, and when I played Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi, I found that even though the default costume for Roy in Melee wasn't exactly correct, it was still the closest to Roy's costume in the Fire Emblem game

in teams I use blue though, because it's my favorite color, and the default is no longer available

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
roy was low tier in his own fire emblem game. well, untill he got that sword. then he basically got to kill everything. too bad it was only like 20 uses or so.

roy was an advertisment :(. dont get used to ike ppl, he is also.

ohgodx

Smash Apprentice
oh nonsense.

I leveled him up early, hit lvl 20, and was able to dodge nearly everything, especially in a forest or a castle
I used him as bait to level up weaker characters, then Sealed Sword I abused to the maximum, and repaired it using the Hammerne Staff everytime it hit 1 durability

what this has to do with melee, I have no clue, except his counter stance is how Roy looks unsheathing the Sealed Sword for an attack =)

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
roy was low tier in his own fire emblem game. well, untill he got that sword. then he basically got to kill everything. too bad it was only like 20 uses or so.

roy was an advertisment :(. dont get used to ike ppl, he is also.
Wow, what a low blow! Anyway, FEFnT is known to most FE fans as the most challenging of the series. Air-go, ( air-go, lol ) of course roy is not going to be as bad-a** through-out the entire game as some of the other lords of the series. That make it all the more rewarding when you get the sword of seals. As far as the 20 uses is concerned, repair the darned thing.

As far as Ike being an advertisment... in both console versions of the game BEFORE brawl, enough said.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
yeah, fe:6 was tough and fun.

ike wont be in ssb4(if there is a 4). and if he is, idc. ssb4 prolly wont entertain me. idk we ll see in the future

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to just give up hoping SSB4 will be good. I'm pretty much done with melee, and with Nintendo getting money at the rate they are, they won't be caring about us fans, or even the Brawl fans until Wii Gettaway Spa 2 and Wii Pretend We Aren't Playing Video Games 5: Casual*** Paradise comes out.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
wow, how badly do u want someone to sig u?

as far as fire emblems go, i like the prequal to roys the most. i think it was the first in english. roys father, eliwood is better than roy (sans the sword of seals). but hector is a killer. and lyn.... too good. matthew and guy were reckless *** monsters.

i also like ephriam's/erika's game. world map and all lol.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yah, I think Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken was my favorite too. Eliwood is pretty kool, but I didn't like how he fought, especially with his rapier. Lynn and Hector were awesome too. you can beat the first half of the game using just Lynn because she levels so easily and you don't even have to "evolve" her. She's not so good towards the end, but Marcus makes up for that. Paladins are just amazing, high movement speed and all three weapons to use. I also just like Erk's personality, and Canas is a shaman which is awesome. I love Oswin as a general, although I hated Florina. terrible defense and started out with terrible weapons. I try to just not use her, but then they make you on some levels.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
marcus sucked. he started out as a paladin, meaning low growth. i forget which one, but one of the cavaliers becomes the best paladin. it rly doesnt matter tho. lol.

i think assassins in 8 had silencer. that auto kill hit which had 1/3 of a chance of replacing a crit. yeah i liked that lol

Defqon.1

Smash Rookie
Mostly green and sometimes red, like almost everyone else. Golden Justice Roy makes me want to try that color now.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I know Marcus sucked, but for a lazy ***** like me he was great. turns of power went Lynn, Erk, Marcus, Oswin, Canas.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Because the green is great, I love green too. Hey am I the only one who can't play as roy with a staight face? I laugh my *** everytime I go to pick roy. I also like one of the blues

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Wow, what a low blow! Anyway, FEFnT is known to most FE fans as the most challenging of the series. Air-go, ( air-go, lol ) of course roy is not going to be as bad-a** through-out the entire game as some of the other lords of the series. That make it all the more rewarding when you get the sword of seals. As far as the 20 uses is concerned, repair the darned thing.

As far as Ike being an advertisment... in both console versions of the game BEFORE brawl, enough said.
It's considered the most challenging? I can't remember when it came out off the top of my head but is that including Shadow Dragon? lmao. I definitely did not have as much trouble with FEFnT as I'm having with Hard 5 mode on Shadow Dragon...

I use blue. Or whatever color that doesn't look like urine.

Top Bottom