• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters do you wish got into Ultimate?

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Mike Jones from Startropics is my pick. Every time I play Startropics or Zoda's Revenge, I always think that Mike Jones would be perfect for Smash.

He's got tons of weapons and items that would work great as Smash Moves, His first game takes him all over the tropics and the second game sends him in time.

He's an NES-era character, so he's a natural to be in Smash right?

Well, the issue is that Startopics and its sequel never came out in Japan. That fact alone has likely sealed the deal for poor Mike, because there will be zero demand by Japanese players(who have tons of influence on Smash's roster) who likely have never heard of, much less played Star Tropics.

Sadly, I think this even applies to Sakurai himself. For a series that prides itself on being a love letter to Nintendo's past, Star Tropics gets nothing in Smash.

We don't get any music, we have never gotten any trophies, and unless I am wrong, there is not a single Star Tropics spirit in Ultimate.

Star Tropics is a game lost to the sands of time. It's a relic of the NES era, but unlike the Ice Climbers or Duck Hunt, it was never released in Japan which has pretty much doomed the series from ever appearing in Smash and ensured Mike Jones who is a natural for Smash never makes the roster.

I will say that a close second is Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle who seems to have to the reverse problem that Mike Jones has. For a long time, his game remained Japan only until it dropped on the 3DS Virtual Console a few years ago.

That said, Takamaru has gotten better treatment by getting music, trophies, spirits, stickers, and even an appearance as an assist tropy. With that said, he's a natural fit for Smash and the only thing that keeps him from being playable is that western gamers don't know who he is.

But this also shows the contrast between Mike Jones and Takamaru and how Star Tropics not getting a release in Japan pretty much doomed that series to the point that it gets nothing in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Magus, Ayla, or any other Chrono Trigger character that's not Crono (too many swordies already...).

Terra from FF6. She has so many creative options, from her magic, magitek mech piloting and esper form.

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
RANGER/CRUSADER__via__ DNF DUEL
--------------------------------------------
I genuinely want to know who or what at SEGA is preventing Smash from getting another Sonic rep. Shadow missed the train as an Echo Fighter and Dr. Eggman missed the train for DLC (the latter of which would've also been good timing for the 30th anniversary).
i don't think anyone at Sega prevented any character from getting into Smash. I believe it is as simple as Sega was not asked for additional characters.

Last edited:

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
Master Chief__ though it is extremely unlikely seeing as all fighters were of some Japanese origination and or popularity. the only exception being Steve

They were definitely asked; Joker's a Sega character, since Sega bought Atlus.
i meant beyond the ones we already got. i thought it was obvious.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Boring pipe-dream answer: Chell, 2B, Aloy, and the Doki Doki Literature Club characters. And Bowsette.

Methodical, slightly-more-realistic answer: Gardevoir instead of Incineroar, Pyra & Mythra replacing Byleth for the last character(s) of the Vol. 1 Pass, Rundas as part of the Vol. 2 Pass where Pyra/Mythra were originally... Or Bowsette.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie, Impa and Isaac

Dixie because I've honestly been expecting her since Smash 4, there's no reason for her to be absent at all. King K.Rool was of course a newcomer, but I still think the roster is empty without Dixie. I do think we'll get a DKC newcomer next time, but am thinking it's Cranky. In many ways, I feel she just missed the boat because she was once considered to be paired with Diddy.

Impa because she's my favorite Zelda character, and the longest lasting one, she's appearing as a playable character now more often too, and her Age of Calamity self was especially popular and would have a great move set. So she's popular, reoccurring, and been around since the start, that should honestly be enough to be included.

Isaac because I'm a Golden Sun fan. He was always one of the most requested newcomers, and I feel we came far with all the Golden Sun content already. But still, we don't have a playable character, and Isaac would be the best pick. I'm hoping this happens once the GBA games get a remake.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
There are two big ones for me...

Viridi - An exclusion I'm still completely baffled by. Viridi is one of the central characters of one of Sakurai's own games, has great moveset potential, would be pure fun to play as...but I never EVER see her talked about. She's only really got Palutena's Guidance and a stage to her name. But if Dark Pit can be in, why not Viridi?

Ribbon Girl - I like Min Min. I think she was a good addition. But...if I could swap her out for Ribbon Girl, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Ribbon Girl is my favorite character in video games right now, she's just so lovable and wholesome and I would LOVE to play as her in Smash, more than anybody else, even Corrin and the aforementioned Viridi. I'm not gonna act like I'm MAD that Min Min got in over her, but I would've just LOVED to have Ribbon around...

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
Dixie Kong - Iconic character from her series. She feels like the missing piece as it pertains to DK representation. Given that her hair represents a portion of her character size and the movesets she could potentially have, I say she’s unique enough where she isn’t considered just a Diddy Kong clone, she’s more than that. Oh man, it would be potentially spectacular to fly around the stage as Dixie with her hair twirling as her up special.

Tails - My favorite character from the Sonic series. It would be nice to hover with his tail as his up special. He would also be a fun projectile type of character while not being as big in size as many other projectile characters. Mario and DK have their sidekicks with them while it’s strange seeing Sonic constantly by himself. I think Sonic needs another character; period. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, or Dr. Eggman, I would be fine with any one of those characters being added. You got other series like Castlevania with more than one character, yet here is Sonic still going at it solo. The guy seems lonely always fighting by himself.

Shovel Knight - Not only do I enjoy his series, but also he would be such fun and unique character who fights with something that’s not a sword, it’s his shovel. If he was there potentially, he could ground his opponents into the ground, like how K. Rool does with his down tilt. Shovel Knight’s down aerial would also be similar Toon Link’s down aerial.

Waluigi - Yeah, I know, cliche answer. But you would get some potentially fun match ups with Waluigi in there with certain other Mario characters. I always thought it was weird seeing Piranha Plant there but not Waluigi. I think Piranha Plant could have been part of Waluigi’s moveset like how Luma is part of Rosalina’s moveset. It would also be potentially fun interacting with Waluigi mains online; there are some out there who don’t just want him in for the memes and are dedicated fans.

Skull Kid - He’s perfect for Smash. The Legend of Zelda series could use a character that’s not part of the triforce trinity. I think he’s the one. He’s not a sword user like Link for he can cast spells and I think he would be one of the more unique fighters. Also the game he’s from, Majora’s Mask has a timeless and compelling story that is still relevant to this day.

Krystal - Krystal would be a unique representative for her series. She can fight with her staff which is something the other characters from her series don’t have. It’s a shame she feels like a forgotten character from the Star Fox series because I think if given the chance she could potentially be a great character.
Blood Falcon - F-Zero could use another characters. He’s from a series that has been long and forgotten about. He would of worked as an echo fighter, but heck, it would have been nice at least seeing him as an alt costume for Captain Falcon.

Bandana Dee - A fun character from a fun series. He would also be unique because he’s a spear user and the game doesn’t have a lot of those. He would have a fun moveset such as using his spear to fly around the stage.

Doom Slayer - The perfect guy to represent the FPS genre. An iconic character from an iconic series. The fact we got him as a Mii fighter lets you know the developers are aware of the character’s popularity. He’s popular for good reason as well, for he revolutionized his respective genre he represents plus he has had plenty of games on Nintendo consoles. It’s nice that he’s at least there as a Mii Fighter but it would be amazing if he were to actually be a playable character one day.

Ryu Hayabusa - Having him in would take you back to the old days of the NES. The soundtracks from his series are amazing and having to potentially hear them in Smash would be something spectacular for he could have new remixes to some of his series’ music. The Smash series currently has a few ninja characters and having this ninja character in would be perfect.

As for Pokémon, I want to see a Gen 3 pokémon as well as a Gen 5 pokémon represented in the future since both those gens are popular amongst the fans. For some of the pokémon characters they already have, they would have to take a few out to make room for other pokémon and so they don’t have too many pokémon characters taking up space in the game. Sceptile would be a good one to represent Gen 3. Sceptile can not only use grass moves but also he’s capable of using dragon moves. Emolga would be a potentially nice Gen 5 character because this pokémon is not only an electric type, but also a flying type and can potentially glide around the stage. Emolga would be like a Pikachu clone that’s a little more unique compared to Pichu.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Updated my pipe dream fantasy roster again:
  • 1. Mario
  • 2. Donkey Kong
  • 3. Link
  • 4. Samus Aran
    • 4ε. Dark Samus
  • 5. Yoshi
  • 6. Kirby
  • 7. Fox McCloud
  • 8. Pikachu
  • 9. Luigi
  • 10. Ness
  • 11. Captain Falcon
  • 12. Meowth
  • 13. Peach
    • 13ε. Daisy
  • 14. Bowser
  • 15. Ice Climbers
  • 16. Sheik
  • 17. Zelda
  • 18. Scizor
  • 19. Wario
  • 20. Diddy Kong
  • 21. Ayumi Tachibana
  • 22. Marth
    • 22ε. Lucina
  • 23. Mewtwo
  • 24. Mr. Game & Watch
  • 25. Young Link
  • 26. Ganondorf
  • 27. Falco Lombardi
  • 28. Roy
    • 28ε. Chrom
  • 29. Meta Knight
  • 30. Pit
    • 30ε. Dark Pit
  • 31. Zero Suit Samus
  • 32. Solid Snake
  • 33. Ike
  • 34-36. Pokémon Trainer
    • Squirtle
    • Ivysaur
    • Charizard
  • 37. Lucas
  • 38. Sonic the Hedgehog
  • 39. King Dedede
  • 40. Olimar
  • 41. Lucario
  • 42. R.O.B.
  • 43. Toon Link
  • 44. Wolf O’Donnell
  • 45. Villager
  • 46. Mega Man
  • 47. Wii Fit Trainer
  • 48. Rosalina & Luma
  • 49. Little Mac
  • 50. Greninja
  • 51-53. Mii Fighters
    • Brawler
    • Swordfighter
    • Gunner
  • 54. Palutena
  • 55. PAC-MAN
  • 56. Robin
  • 57. Shulk
  • 58. Bowser Jr. / Koopalings
  • 59. Duck Hunt
  • 60. Ryu
    • 60ε. Ken Masters
  • 61. Cloud Strife
  • 62. Azura
  • 63. Bayonetta
Base Game
  • 64. Inkling
  • 65. Simon Belmont
    • 65ε. Richter Belmont
  • 66. Ridley
  • 67. King K. Rool
  • 68. Isabelle
  • 69. Incineroar
  • 70. Sora

Fighters Pass Vol. 1

Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • 79. Min Min
  • 80. Dr. Eggman
  • 81. Sephiroth
  • 82-83. Pyra / Mythra
  • 84. Kazuya Mishima
  • 85. Steve

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Was honestly expecting Phoenix to make the cut. These fake leaks really mess with your emotions.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think Rayman was a noticeable miss, especially with the trophies being in Smash 4 and the energy around Mario and Rabbids.

I would go with Ryu Hayabusa as a second choice.

We also don't have any FPS characters but they might be an odd fit for Smash anyways. I would think Masterchief and Doomguy would be the top two choices for FPS although Laura Croft and Tracer from Overwatch could have also been good fits and would come from less violent series.

However, I consider Rayman to be the biggest and most unusual miss, at least among third-party options.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Bandana Dee and Dark Matter or another Final Boss Villain

I mean Kirby Deserves some Promotion too generally Tons of People see Kirby as the Boring, Bland, Easy and Kiddy Game Even if Kirby IS Much Better Than Most of 2D Mario IMO Adding the Fabled HaT gOoMbA and some Cool Villain.
On Top of that Ultimate shouldve added NO Sakurai Remixes and maybe only a port of City Trials Music at most for Sakurais Games while STAR ALLIES gets the most boring Boss theme in the Game And Robobot getting like the 2 worst themes in the GAme!

Also Impa Shouldve been a Echo!

And if we got to have a FE Echo in Smash do Black Knight instead of Chrom he atleast Looks diffrent and is a Villain!

Porky in some way shape or Form
Where is he?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
-Geno he is the last one of the big 4 in the smash community :ultkrool::ultridley::ultbanjokazooie::geno:
-both Bomberman and Rayman deserves better they are gaming legends with :ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsonic::ultmario:
-lack of retro rep i wanted Sukapon
-i was very dissappointed that isaac was brought back only to just to become assist trophy
-needed Ninten as echo fighter to complete mother trio
-lack of new zelda rep since brawl where is my boy Skull Kid
-lack of any PMD content i need Grovyle from PMD

Last edited:
I actually wish we got a genuine fourth-party cartoon character as Fighter No. 83. Someone like Mickey Mouse, Popeye, or Goku, whose fame transcends beyond the industries of entertainment, and is just "a character" to the masses.

And let's face it. If Sora somehow is NOT proof enough that Smash Ultimate is the culmination of nearly 25 years of hard work and labor, getting Mickey Mouse into Smash would have done it.

You may mock me all you want, but I'm not budging.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong - Iconic character from her series. She feels like the missing piece as it pertains to DK representation. Given that her hair represents a portion of her character size and the movesets she could potentially have, I say she’s unique enough where she isn’t considered just a Diddy Kong clone, she’s more than that. Oh man, it would be potentially spectacular to fly around the stage as Dixie with her hair twirling as her up special.

Tails - My favorite character from the Sonic series. It would be nice to hover with his tail as his up special. He would also be a fun projectile type of character while not being as big in size as many other projectile characters. Mario and DK have their sidekicks with them while it’s strange seeing Sonic constantly by himself. I think Sonic needs another character; period. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, or Dr. Eggman, I would be fine with any one of those characters being added. You got other series like Castlevania with more than one character, yet here is Sonic still going at it solo. The guy seems lonely always fighting by himself.

Shovel Knight - Not only do I enjoy his series, but also he would be such fun and unique character who fights with something that’s not a sword, it’s his shovel. If he was there potentially, he could ground his opponents into the ground, like how K. Rool does with his down tilt. Shovel Knight’s down aerial would also be similar Toon Link’s down aerial.

Waluigi - Yeah, I know, cliche answer. But you would get some potentially fun match ups with Waluigi in there with certain other Mario characters. I always thought it was weird seeing Piranha Plant there but not Waluigi. I think Piranha Plant could have been part of Waluigi’s moveset like how Luma is part of Rosalina’s moveset. It would also be potentially fun interacting with Waluigi mains online; there are some out there who don’t just want him in for the memes and are dedicated fans.

Skull Kid - He’s perfect for Smash. The Legend of Zelda series could use a character that’s not part of the triforce trinity. I think he’s the one. He’s not a sword user like Link for he can cast spells and I think he would be one of the more unique fighters. Also the game he’s from, Majora’s Mask has a timeless and compelling story that is still relevant to this day.

Krystal - Krystal would be a unique representative for her series. She can fight with her staff which is something the other characters from her series don’t have. It’s a shame she feels like a forgotten character from the Star Fox series because I think if given the chance she could potentially be a great character.
Blood Falcon - F-Zero could use another characters. He’s from a series that has been long and forgotten about. He would of worked as an echo fighter, but heck, it would have been nice at least seeing him as an alt costume for Captain Falcon.

Bandana Dee - A fun character from a fun series. He would also be unique because he’s a spear user and the game doesn’t have a lot of those. He would have a fun moveset such as using his spear to fly around the stage.

Doom Slayer - The perfect guy to represent the FPS genre. An iconic character from an iconic series. The fact we got him as a Mii fighter lets you know the developers are aware of the character’s popularity. He’s popular for good reason as well, for he revolutionized his respective genre he represents plus he has had plenty of games on Nintendo consoles. It’s nice that he’s at least there as a Mii Fighter but it would be amazing if he were to actually be a playable character one day.

Ryu Hayabusa - Having him in would take you back to the old days of the NES. The soundtracks from his series are amazing and having to potentially hear them in Smash would be something spectacular for he could have new remixes to some of his series’ music. The Smash series currently has a few ninja characters and having this ninja character in would be perfect.

As for Pokémon, I want to see a Gen 3 pokémon as well as a Gen 5 pokémon represented in the future since both those gens are popular amongst the fans. For some of the pokémon characters they already have, they would have to take a few out to make room for other pokémon and so they don’t have too many pokémon characters taking up space in the game. Sceptile would be a good one to represent Gen 3. Sceptile can not only use grass moves but also he’s capable of using dragon moves. Emolga would be a potentially nice Gen 5 character because this pokémon is not only an electric type, but also a flying type and can potentially glide around the stage. Emolga would be like a Pikachu clone that’s a little more unique compared to Pichu.
I could say the exact same things, except maybe for Ryu Habusa, whose game I never played, and for Pokémon, which I stopped playing after gen one. There are just a few others that I would really love, like Rayman, Joanna Dark, Captain Toad, or Crash Bandicoot.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I also wish Estelle Bright from Trails in the Sky could’ve joined the game.
I don't know why I didn't bring this up sooner, but I think something that can make Estelle stand out would be to have all of her specials have normal versions and charged versions, but you can only charge one special move at a time.

Now that I have your attention; in your opinion, what's the "ideal" point in time for your most wanted to be introduced? More accurately, which Smash game feels the most appropriate time in which to introduce them? This has to be a Smash game that already released, from 64 to Ultimate. For me:
    • Meowth
  • Melee
    • Scizor
    • Ayumi Tachibana
  • Brawl
    • Totodile
    • Grovyle
  • 3DS / Wii U
    • Rayman
    • Azura
  • Ultimate
    • Bandana Waddle Dee
    • Alph (as an Echo)
    • Crash Bandicoot
    • Estelle Bright
    • Dr. Eggman

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Anyways, I know I’ve said things like this a thousand times, but how would you guys feel if this was Ultimate’s newcomer lineup?

Base game newcomers
  • Inkling
  • Simon
  • Ridley
  • King K. Rool
  • Isabelle
  • Incineroar
  • Waluigi
  • Pyra / Mythra
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Min Min
  • Banjo & Kazooie
Echo Fighters
  • Dark Samus (Samus)
  • Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
  • Daisy (Peach)
  • Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
  • Alph (Olimar)
  • Glass Joe (Little Mac)
  • Ken (Ryu)
  • Richter (Simon)
FP Vol. 1
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Crash
  • Estelle Bright
  • Terry
  • Steve

FP Vol. 2
  • Byleth
  • Eggman
  • Sephiroth
  • Ring Fit Trainee
  • Kazuya
  • Sora

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyways, I know I’ve said things like this a thousand times, but how would you guys feel if this was Ultimate’s newcomer lineup?

Base game additions
Waluigi (instead of Piranha Plant, and yes that’s the only base game newcomer I’m replacing, so hold your horses)
Pyra / Mythra
Bandana Waddle Dee
Min Min
Banjo & Kazooie

FP Vol. 1
  • Joker
  • Hero
  • Crash
  • Estelle Bright
  • Terry
  • Steve

FP Vol. 2
  • Byleth
  • Eggman
  • Sephiroth
  • Ring Fit Trainee
  • Kazuya
  • Sora
Assuming the first section is meant to be in addition to what we got, rather than replacing anyone outside of Piranha Plant (so we'd still get Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Isabelle, Incineroar, and the echo fighters), it doesn't seem realistic for a few reasons:

-as a result of every veteran returning, Sakurai admitted that they wouldn't be able to include a lot of newcomers (this presumably wasn't counting echo fighters, who take considerably less work). Time seems like it would be an issue here - either the game would be delayed by at least a few months or there'd be more replacements than just Piranha Plant.

-when Smash started development, ARMS and Xenoblade 2 seemed to only be in the planning stages; Min Min's popularity wasn't clear until much later, so if there was an ARMS character in the base game, it doesn't seem like it would be Min Min. Likewise, I don't know if Pyra and Mythra would have been chosen over Rex based on whatever pre-release info the Smash developers would have gotten.

-it doesn't seem like a coincidence that both Microsoft characters were DLC - it feels like that would sweeten the pot for third party companies, given how many third party characters we got through DLC compared to the base game. Maybe we could have gotten Banjo and Kazooie in the base game, but I'm not so sure.

-Crash was still owned by Activision at this point (not sure if the Microsoft buyout has gone through by now), and Activision doesn't seem like the most cooperative of companies.

Having more characters is going to be a good thing, even if I have no idea who some of them (particularly Estelle Bright) are. Plus, saving Byleth for fighters pass 2 might have helped with the reaction towards them, and a second Sonic character seems long overdue, whether it's Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow, etc.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Assuming the first section is meant to be in addition to what we got, rather than replacing anyone outside of Piranha Plant (so we'd still get Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Isabelle, Incineroar, and the echo fighters), it doesn't seem realistic for a few reasons:

-as a result of every veteran returning, Sakurai admitted that they wouldn't be able to include a lot of newcomers (this presumably wasn't counting echo fighters, who take considerably less work). Time seems like it would be an issue here - either the game would be delayed by at least a few months or there'd be more replacements than just Piranha Plant.

-when Smash started development, ARMS and Xenoblade 2 seemed to only be in the planning stages; Min Min's popularity wasn't clear until much later, so if there was an ARMS character in the base game, it doesn't seem like it would be Min Min. Likewise, I don't know if Pyra and Mythra would have been chosen over Rex based on whatever pre-release info the Smash developers would have gotten.

-it doesn't seem like a coincidence that both Microsoft characters were DLC - it feels like that would sweeten the pot for third party companies, given how many third party characters we got through DLC compared to the base game. Maybe we could have gotten Banjo and Kazooie in the base game, but I'm not so sure.

-Crash was still owned by Activision at this point (not sure if the Microsoft buyout has gone through by now), and Activision doesn't seem like the most cooperative of companies.

Having more characters is going to be a good thing, even if I have no idea who some of them (particularly Estelle Bright) are. Plus, saving Byleth for fighters pass 2 might have helped with the reaction towards them, and a second Sonic character seems long overdue, whether it's Tails, Eggman, Knuckles, Shadow, etc.
I changed the post a bit to more accurately reflect what I was trying to say. I know my selection isn’t super realistic, but I mostly made that post for the sake of seeing what people would think of it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Crash
Dixie Kong
Impa and/or Vaati
Isaac
Bandanna Dee
Tails or Shadow

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario series
Toad (with Captain Toad alt)

Donkey Kong series
Dixie Kong

Zelda series
Deku Link / Goron Link / Zora Link (3-in-1 transformation character like Pokémon Trainer)

Kirby series
Bandana Waddle Dee

Pokémon series
Team Rocket (Meowth & Ekans / Meowth & Koffing) (2-in-1 transformation character like Pyra / Mythra) (Jessie and James in background like Pokémon Trainer)

EarthBound series
Porky (mecha fighter like Bowser Jr., he pilots the spider mech)

Animal Crossing series
Tom Nook (semi clone of Villager)

Pikmin series
Alph (Echo Fighter with Rock Pikmin)

New series - Golden Sun
Isaac

Retro series - The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Takamaru

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Okay, so…the Forbidden Seven. A group of code names with leftover data implying seven characters cut from Brawl.
  • "pra_mai", commonly theorized to be Plusle and Minun from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. However, the name also means “every player”, so it could’ve also been a name for Miis (which were considered for Brawl but ultimately dropped) or the RANDOM button on the CSS.
  • "mewtwo", "roy" and "dr_mario", definitely known to be three characters who were planned to return from Melee, but were dropped due to time constraints. It should be noted that Mewtwo and Roy’s data put together includes unused victory themes and a Wii Remote sound.
  • "toon_zelda" and "toon_sheik", commonly theorized to either be Tetra or simple Toon versions of Zelda and Sheik.
  • "dixie", last name Kong. According to Sakurai, Dixie and Diddy were supposed to be another tag team like the Ice Climbers, but this was dropped because of technical issues and Diddy became a solo fighter.
After mulling over the Forbidden Seven most recently, I then thought to myself “what if all of these characters managed to make it into Brawl?” Keep in mind that these are my ideas and they do not reflect those of other people.
  • Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario would of course return, since they’re veterans (and in the latter two’s case, they’d be even easier to develop since they’re clones)
  • Dixie Kong would also be a solo fighter and a semi-clone of Diddy
  • ”pra_mai”: I was thinking it should be Plusle and Minun as spiritual successors to Pichu’s moveset (minus recoil, obviously) and a tag team character
  • ”toon_zelda” and “toon_sheik”: Honestly? I’d say just put your best foot forward and make Tetra a fighter with a fully unique moveset

Lokeefe

Smash Rookie
Geno - I genuinely thought he had everything for him for this smash but I guess not. At Least there’s maybe more of a chance now because of The remake.

Bandanna Dee - This one I still don’t get why he’s not in already. He checks off every mark in a new character.

Issac (Golden Sun) - He is one of my top wants from the brawl Era that still isn’t in. He has a unique style and moveset compare to the other swordsmen and brings in a era of Nintendo underrepresented which is the GBA Era.

Porky Minch (Mother) - Its so weird that he is nowhere to be seem in any form. He’s not playable,A boss,A stage hazard Nothing. It almost feels like that he was planned for something like being a playable character.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Updating my series-wide list again, but this time in the form of character select screens:
Luigi
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus​
Captain Falcon
Ness
Yoshi​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Meowth
Mario​
Luigi
Peach​
Bowser​
Yoshi​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Zelda / Sheik​
Ganondorf
Samus​
Kirby​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Meowth
Mewtwo
Ness​
Captain Falcon​
Ice Climbers​
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
RANDOM​
Mario​
Donkey Kong​
Link​
Samus / Zero Suit Samus​
Kirby​
Fox​
Pikachu​
Marth
Olimar​
Luigi
Diddy Kong​
Zelda / Sheik​
Pit​
Meta Knight​
Falco
Pokémon Trainer (Totodile, Grovyle, Charizard)​
Ike​
Mr. Game & Watch
Peach​
Yoshi​
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers​
King Dedede​
Wolf
Meowth
Ness
Snake​
Bowser​
Wario​
Tetra
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Lucario
Lucas​
Sonic
Mario​
Luigi​
Peach​
Bowser​
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario​
Rosalina & Luma​
Yoshi​
Wario​
Donkey Kong​
Diddy Kong​
Link​
Zelda​
Sheik​
Ganondorf
Tetra​
Ghirahim​
Samus​
Zero Suit Samus​
Kirby​
Meta Knight​
King Dedede​
Fox​
Falco
Pikachu​
Meowth
Lucario​
Greninja​
Ness
Captain Falcon​
Marth​
Ike​
Robin​
Mr. Game & Watch
Pit​
Palutena​
Olimar​
Isabelle​
Wii Fit Trainer​
Little Mac​
Shulk​
Takamaru​
Duck Hunt​
Dixie Kong
Dark Pit
Alph
Sonic​
Mega Man​
PAC-MAN​
Mii Fighters (Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner)​
Mewtwo​
Rayman​
Ryu​
Lucas​
Cloud​
Azura​
Bayonetta​
Inkling​
64MeleeBrawl3DS / Wii UNewcomers
  • 1. Mario
  • 2. Donkey Kong
  • 3. Link
  • 4. Samus
    • 4ε. Dark Samus
  • 5. Yoshi
  • 6. Kirby
  • 7. Fox
  • 8. Pikachu
  • 9. Luigi
  • 10. Ness
  • 11. Captain Falcon
    • 11ε. Black Shadow
  • 12. Meowth
  • 13. Peach
    • 13ε. Daisy
  • 14. Bowser
  • 15. Ice Climbers
  • 16. Sheik
    • 16ε. Yiga
  • 17. Zelda
  • 18. Ganondorf
  • 19. Falco
  • 20. Mewtwo
  • 21. Marth
    • 21ε. Celica
  • 22. Mr. Game & Watch
  • 23. Meta Knight
  • 24. Pit
    • 24ε. Dark Pit
  • 25. Zero Suit Samus
  • 26. Wario
  • 27. Snake
  • 28. Ike
  • Pokémon Trainer
    • 29. Totodile
    • 30. Grovyle
    • 31. Charizard
  • 32. Diddy Kong
    • 32ε. Dixie Kong
  • 33. Lucas
  • 34. Sonic
  • 35. King Dedede
  • 36. Olimar
    • 36ε. Alph
  • 37. Tetra
  • 38. Wolf
  • 39. Lucario
  • 40. R.O.B.
  • 41. Isabelle
  • 42. Mega Man
  • 43. Wii Fit Trainer
  • 44. Rosalina & Luma
  • 45. Paper Mario
  • 46. Little Mac
    • 46ε. Glass Joe
  • 47. Ghirahim
  • 48. Greninja
  • Mii Fighters
    • 49. Brawler
    • 50. Swordfighter
    • 51. Gunner
  • 52. Palutena
  • 53. PAC-MAN
  • 54. Robin
  • 55. Shulk
  • 56. Bowser Jr.
  • 57. Takamaru
  • 58. Duck Hunt
  • 59. Rayman
  • 60. Ryu
    • 60ε. Ken
  • 61. Cloud
  • 62. Azura
  • 63. Bayonetta
  • 64. Inkling
  • 65. Simon
  • 66. Alucard
  • 67. Ridley
  • 68. King K. Rool
  • 69. Revali
  • 70. Incineroar
  • 71-72. Pyra / Mythra
  • 73. Bandana Waddle Dee
  • 74. Min Min
  • 75. Banjo & Kazooie
Fighters Pass Vol. 1Fighters Pass Vol. 2
  • 76. Joker
  • 77. Hero
  • 78. Crash Bandicoot
  • 79. Estelle Bright
  • Team NEO GEO
    • 80. Terry Bogard
    • 81. Iori Yagami
    • 82. Nakoruru
  • 83. Steve
  • 84. Chun-Li
  • 85. Dr. Eggman
  • 86. Sephiroth
  • 87. Ring Fit Trainee
  • 88. Shantae
  • 89. Kazuya Mishima
  • 90. Sora

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Depends!
Realistically:
Impa (Taking the spot of chrom as sheiks echo)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Unrealistically:
These two +
Porky Minch
The Human (Undertale)
Dark matter (kirby)
Octorok (Zelda)

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Anyone from Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Any character can work in Smash, no matter how stupid some choices can be. :laugh:

A Senran Kagura character as well. :rotfl:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Looking back, I think Neku would have been a cool choice for Fighter's Pass 2, even if Sephiroth was probably a better choice as the Square rep for that season anyway. TWEWY was going through a big resurgence at the time what with the release of NEO:TWEWY and the TWEWY anime, though the series is a decently long-running one that's existed on Nintendo platforms since the DS era. Plus, both his moveset potential and the source potential for stuff to bring into Smash is pretty ridiculous in simply how much you could potentially bring over, especially when it comes to music.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

Now there's something I haven't thought about this in years. But now that I think about it, Sonia (Puzzle & Dragons) is possibly the only addition I can think of that would have exceeded my hype for any past newcomer. Heck I would have been happy with her just getting a costume like the one in Ninjala.
Plus, it would have been the perfect opportunity to make the most bizarrely coincidental reunion:

Top Bottom