• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What characters do you guys think will improve the most?

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
Wii fit trainer
Not many people use her and the only pros that do r TKBreezy and Anti.
All her moves need precision which the GameCube controller can help her with. All her moves have to be used perfectly.
I'm sure she will improve a lot later on

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth has improved vastly with wii u controls imo. There is no comparison with 3ds version.

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
:4littlemac: will see the most improvement. No idea how he'll rank in the end, but he more than any other character needs precise spacing in order to simply stay alive. Something nearly impossible with the Circle Pad as we've come to see.

:rosalina::4duckhunt: are both characters I can see continue to improve when the others start hitting a wall. Mostly because they can create setups that can develop over time.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac has only downwards to go. Even with the limited edgeguard of Smash 4, he is the extremely susceptible to being gimped by most of the cast.

In a bo3 set with bans, he will never ever ever get to fight on FD. What is he going to do when someone decides to camp the top platform of BF?

His punish game isn't nearly strong enough to counterbalance all the **** he has to carry with him.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much no one mentioned Rosalina improving with a Gamecube controller. And since I hadn't used a Gamecube controller since 2007 prior to last week, I thought that on a relative scale I may see my performance decline with the Gamecube controller.

Quite the opposite so far. It's so much easier to take advantage of Rosalina & Luma's advanced techniques now, and feeling totally in control of both Rosalina and Luma feels so powerful... just the little things like the way I'm able to manipulate Luma to tap my opponent right before they're about to get an attack off, and use the little tap to set up a bigger hit with Rosalina. The team work is more beautiful than ever.

Last edited:

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Little Mac has only downwards to go. Even with the limited edgeguard of Smash 4, he is the extremely susceptible to being gimped by most of the cast.

In a bo3 set with bans, he will never ever ever get to fight on FD. What is he going to do when someone decides to camp the top platform of BF?

His punish game isn't nearly strong enough to counterbalance all the **** he has to carry with him.
Those things are already an issue for Little Mac though. We're discussing how the character development will progress with the Gamecube Controller, which should greatly favor Little Mac. I do however agree that Little Mac can't competitively fight on the vast majority of platformed stages. Especially when characters such as Duck Hunt can become neigh untouchable camping underneath a platform.

Wii Fit Bae

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Da_Cake_Gangsta
I feel that wii fit trainer will benefit a lot from this. Her hitboxes are small so she'll have to perfectly space them. Precision is really important to a Wii fit trainer main. Pivot Ftilts and Fsmashes are really useful since smash has a lot of ending lag. Ftilts front hitbox is pretty small so pivots will help. Out of all the non-tether grabs hers is one of the worst. I feel this will advance her metagame. Many people think she's low tier but she's at least mid. Hopefully after this she becomes high

Top Bottom