• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters can Fox Wave shine?

MegaMarthMan

Smash Cadet
at different times you have like I don't know how many frames to change moves but probably 1-6? Correct me if I'm wrong but in a time line each dot is a frame okay? d-b is down B.
d-b....jump...d-b....jump...d-b...jump.....d-b ect...
My only tip it's really hard don't get frustrated I can only do it like 5 times in row and I
short hop double laser in 1.5 speed it's that hard!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
List of characters Fox can waveshine:

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Donkey Kong
Ganon
Ice Climbers
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Ness
Peach
Samus
Sheik/Zelda
Yoshi

List of charactesr that fall down from the shine:

Fox
Falco
Game & Watch
Jiggs
Kirby
Pichu
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Mewtwo

young wus

Smash Journeyman
i saw the "no chillout" video it was tight!!!! i loved the multi-shine........ i wish my fox was like that! i didnt really like the songs. Sry bout the double post! Hey i cant seem to get in the shine back air.......... i can do it with no one there but when im fighting i cant seem to land it( meaning my back air comes out, just i dont land it), can i have sum help on that????

young wus

Smash Journeyman

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Donkey Kong
Ganon
Ice Climbers
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Ness
Peach
Samus
Sheik/Zelda
Yoshi

Fox
Falco
Game & Watch
Jiggs
Kirby
Pichu
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Mewtwo
so all of those characters can be wave shined???( across the map {FD})

EWC

Smash Ace
i saw the "no chillout" video it was tight!!!! i loved the multi-shine........ i wish my fox was like that! i didnt really like the songs. Sry bout the double post! Hey i cant seem to get in the shine back air.......... i can do it with no one there but when im fighting i cant seem to land it( meaning my back air comes out, just i dont land it), can i have sum help on that????
Hit with the tippy top of the shine, and do it faster.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
young wus, i'll play you sometime this week. i'll teach you my fox.
Cool i would love to play ur fox.......... so when u wanna do the shine to back air...... u must hit the top of the shine??? so u cant( meaning it is impossible) hit them anywhere else( with the shine) and land the back air???:confused: also do i have to short hop the back air, or can i full jumb it, can every character be shined back air'd???

PS: hope to play u soon bets! also thx for the help ppl!

Bets

Smash Journeyman
In most cases shinebair will not hit because most people do not DI into it unless you're Lovage. SFAT and Hai?(L__) have told me that they both regret learning it. The only use I have for shine bair is on pc stadium when the stage is set up for infinites.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
It's so stupid. You have to DI up and towards to get it off the shine.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
In most cases shinebair will not hit because most people do not DI into it unless you're Lovage. SFAT and Hai?(L__) have told me that they both regret learning it. The only use I have for shine bair is on pc stadium when the stage is set up for infinites.
You Forgot 1 guy who lost to the shine back air( Eggz is the reason i want to be able to do the shine back air)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAmthNm61PA

so shine back air is not even useful ( only for falco)???

PS: wtf do u mean wave shine isnt important??? what bout the thunder combo??? u need wave shine for that......... how bout when u wanna follow up with a combo????........ or to pressure their shield???............ and simply to show off..... come on who doesnt want a little attention??? i think waveshine is very important..... besides u wanna fox looking sexy( lol )!:psycho:

Eggz

Smash Hero
most people don't DI into shine bair?

last i checked, proper survival DI is what DIs into shine bair, so most good opponents who dont expect you to do it ever single time will do it.

switch it up between shine bairing while only intending to hit with the bair and shine bairing to hit with both. its meant to keep them guessing on their DI.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
oh thx....... i loved how u totally came back on DJ combo with that shine back air, after getting wooped urself in the beginning.......... so what i understand is that the shine Back air is just like a mind game so u can trick them from the way they DI???

rabbt

Smash Journeyman
oh thx....... i loved how u totally came back on DJ combo with that shine back air, after getting wooped urself in the beginning.......... so what i understand is that the shine Back air is just like a mind game so u can trick them from the way they DI???
The way it works is, they either DI different and risk dying, or DI right and risk getting baired.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
The way it works is, they either DI different and risk dying, or DI right and risk getting baired.
oh i see so basically is not good for them, cause they only have 2 opinions, getting hit, or taking the chance that they might get shined off the map????............ but can every character be shine back air'd???

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i'm pretty srue you meant options not opinions.

sorry that was bothering me.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Donkey Kong
Ganon
Ice Climbers
Link
Luigi
Mario
Marth
Ness
Peach
Samus
Sheik/Zelda
Yoshi

Fox
Falco
Game & Watch
Jiggs
Kirby
Pichu
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Mewtwo
You can't continually waveshine Luigi or Ice Climbers to my knowledge, and if Marth is DIing away, don't you have to dash out of the wavedash and JC shine to actually continue it?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
so all of those characters can be wave shined???( across the map {FD})
You can't continually waveshine Luigi or Ice Climbers to my knowledge, and if Marth is DIing away, don't you have to dash out of the wavedash and JC shine to actually continue it?
I never said that all those characters can be waveshined across the map. The ones on the top are the characters that don't fall down from the shine. So technically, you can dair->shine them. Thats called a waveshine. Waveshine refers to the act of JC your shine into the WD, not shining them continually.

If you're talking about characters you can infinite:

Falcon
DK (can d.i. out probably, but shield is so bad your shine might stab it. If they roll it doesn't help much either)
Ganon
Bowser (can d.i. out and upB)
Link
Peach
Sheik/Zelda
Samus (can d.i. out)

Bets

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're gonna have to dash-> JC shine cause I know that you can just walk out of wavedash to shine when marth doesn't DI.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I never said that all those characters can be waveshined across the map. The ones on the top are the characters that don't fall down from the shine. So technically, you can dair->shine them. Thats called a waveshine. Waveshine refers to the act of JC your shine into the WD, not shining them continually.
uhhhhh

ok, so you seem to be saying a lot of things here:

The ones on the top are the characters that don't fall down from the shine. So technically, you can dair->shine them.
Technically, you can dair -> shine anyone once. Given a wall, you can dair-> shine characters that don't fall down to shine infinitely. Without a wall, you can only do a moving drill shine on characters that don't fall down and aren't ICs and Luigi and I'm pretty sure with DI that Mario, Doc, Ness and Marth can escape too. (Maybe even more with SDI, I don't really care to find that stuff out)

Thats called a waveshine.
No, it's not, it's called a drillshine or dair -> shine and probably some other silly names, but it's certainly not called a waveshine.

Waveshine refers to the act of JC your shine into the WD, not shining them continually.
While I 100% agree with you here, there is some ambiguity and when a new person asks about waveshining. It's usually right after they see shined blind and as such think of waveshining as continually hitting them. That's also how I read the topic of the thread, since you can wavedash out of your shine regardless of who you hit. If we use waveshine to just mean wavedash out of a shine, the only correct way to answer the question "What Characters can Fox waveshine?" is "all of them"

Anyway, <3 Raynex, not trying to fight or anything, I'm just trying to clarify the question and the answer here.

Top Bottom