• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters can Fox Wave shine?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
uhhhhh

ok, so you seem to be saying a lot of things here:

Technically, you can dair -> shine anyone once. Given a wall, you can dair-> shine characters that don't fall down to shine infinitely. Without a wall, you can only do a moving drill shine on characters that don't fall down and aren't ICs and Luigi and I'm pretty sure with DI that Mario, Doc, Ness and Marth can escape too. (Maybe even more with SDI, I don't really care to find that stuff out)

No, it's not, it's called a drillshine or dair -> shine and probably some other silly names, but it's certainly not called a waveshine.

While I 100% agree with you here, there is some ambiguity and when a new person asks about waveshining. It's usually right after they see shined blind and as such think of waveshining as continually hitting them. That's also how I read the topic of the thread, since you can wavedash out of your shine regardless of who you hit. If we use waveshine to just mean wavedash out of a shine, the only correct way to answer the question "What Characters can Fox waveshine?" is "all of them"

Anyway, <3 Raynex, not trying to fight or anything, I'm just trying to clarify the question and the answer here.
hmm. Yeah, you got me on that one. In my context, "all of them" would be the right answer.

I also forgot that drillshine = dair->shine. Its just an extremely under-used label for that technique. But what then, can we use to define waveshining? If we want to talk about ambiguities and misinterpreted notions, lets scrutinize the question: "What characters can Fox wave shine?"

It should be, "what characters can Fox waveshine infinite?" At least we can agree that waveshine does not = waveshine infinite. Right?

So. in conclusion:

-Every character can be drillshined

-Roughly half the cast can be waveshine comboed. (i.e. waveshine->grab or some other move, whether it be usmash or an aerial of your choosing)

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
Donkey Kong
Ganon
Ice Climbers*(I'm not clear on what is a sure hit after a waveshine on ICs)
Link
Luigi* (illusion is the only true follow-up)
Mario
Marth
Ness
Peach
Samus
Sheik/Zelda
Yoshi

-9 characters can be waveshine infinited without d.i. That number can potentially halve if your opponent simply holds away. * indicates which character can escape with proper d.i.

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Ganon
Link
Peach
Samus*
Sheik/Zelda
Yoshi

Top Bottom