• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Characters can Fox Wave shine?

young wus

Smash Journeyman
Basically i have picked up fox. and i would like to know what characters can be wave shined. Also, i was wondering if the wave shine is even that important. This is because, i hear that most of the good characters cant be wave shined. Another thing, i don't now if i should learn the multi-shine. Is it worth it??? does it Actually help in battle??? Thanks For Replying!:)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
any of them that dont fall. (pika, jiggs, pichu, fox, falco, roy..i think im missing some are the ones that fall)

multishine helps for shield pressure but there are safer options

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
People with high traction are easier to do it on: Peach, Link, Falcon, perhaps Ganon.

It's better to drillshine combo instead of straight up waveshine.

(Sometimes they can try to sdi away out of the drill and do Peach's dsmash or something.)

jugfingers

Smash Champion
even the ones that fall can be comboed with a jab out of waveshines though so its still useful against them, plus if you can waveshine consistently its easy to get off grabs, like drillshine->wavedash into grab->throw etc, so yea you should learn it.

multishines aren't as useful as waveshines but they will get you hella fine ladies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
multishines aren't as useful as waveshines but they will get you hella fine ladies.
Lmao.

In a match i played against mango with my sheik, he triple shined my shield and I got hit by the last one =\ random but it worked

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i mean it works as shield pressure but who consistently wants to do that..

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't know lol, you tell me.

APRIL FOOLS!

jk, i know.

lol @ not revealing how i did it

i didn't do it

young wus

Smash Journeyman
Thank For the answers........... i have another question............ how actally do u multi- shine........... i have seen it done but have not learned how 2 do it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
there are various methods... basically

you shine
jump cancel
shine
jump cancel

etc

some people use down BYBYBY or down BXBXBX with a sliding finger motion

not sure about other methods

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
personally I can do both, but only to about 10 times only, but the Y --> B is much easier, for me, since sliding over the a button coming from X is harder to go fast

negative post count ftw

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Not really (I'm assuming you mean JC shines. =P). People only use them for showing off. I mean if you want to learn go for it. Just keep in mind that its not really a tool worth using in battle. XD

EWC

Smash Ace
There are a few situations where being able to do two fast shines is useful, or being able to shine oos, but it's really not important.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
not at the same time...you can jump cancel on the 3rd frame...or like 1/20th of a second....so fast...but not at the same time

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
No. It's a timing thing. It's really fast... but if you do it too fast, the timing will be thrown off

young wus

Smash Journeyman
i See....... well im not even going 2 waste my time with it........ i am just going 2 focus on the Wave shine............ Could you guys give me a link to a good Fox combo video???

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Multishining is useful for that fact that you could do something like double-shine on somebody's shield, and then shinegrab.

Sure you could do it with waveshines, but you add 14+ frames in the middle of the shines ( I know that number now, yay i get to wave it in people's faces ),

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
but why do a multshine to jc grab when you can do a shine jc grab?

Frames

DI
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mlRZVYug4A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mlRZVYug4A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

best fox combo videoo everrrr :colorful:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL shined blind.

DBR DI for the win.

no. hes not.

see PC Chris, Raynex, Col Bol.

and Cactuar....and M2K...and..****...mang0?

young wus

Smash Journeyman
dam i never knew that u can shine falco when he does his Forward B, and his Fire! dam i got to learn more. lol! Zelgadis is the best fox i have seen! PS: i like the first song more than the other 1.

Geist

Smash Master
lol use the edit button

DBR is the crew DBR (death by ****). They came up with a bunch of combo videos that got mad rep a few years ago. Zelgadis's Shined blind practically spawned thousands of competitive players alone.
I think the active members are Zelgadis, King, Silent Spectre, Hella, Bob$, and a bunch of retired people too. (Edit: Apparently germ still plays too)
DI is directional influence, in case you didn't know. Pressing a direction while getting hit influences where you go, basically.
DBR DI is silly stuff, like European DI. They're pretty silly themselves.

And yeah, Falco's UpB doesn't have a hitbox until he starts moving.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
I think he meant with the assistance of invincibility frames, you can rest anything.

either way fox cant rest. lolwut.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
Oh i See, I thought it ment sum thing else, or sum special way 2 DI. Hey by the way can anyone show me how 2 look at the tourney's cuming up? i dont get it, and i want to go to tourney's so i can get better, but i never know when they are going on, but i get to see sum matches on youtube.

Top Bottom