• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Character Did You Vote For & Why?

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Samus is already here, we have no need for Mega Man!

An important aspect of Duck Hunt is the off-screen gunner. There's no reason for B&K to play literally anything like Duck Hunt; it's just easy to go "oh, some animal and a bird, that's a quota filled." Huh? C'mon now.
Just my two cents. I know people have good reasons to vote for who they vote for.

If people want B&K, more power to them.

Troykv

Smash Master
I voted Micaiah, I love the magicians, I want a full one :3

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Who did I vote for, well I voted for the grunt from Battalion Wars, because gosh darn it Battalion Wars needs something, it would be completely out of nowhere to add him but I want it so bad. (yes I realize he has like no chance what so ever) I guess I could have voted for Lloyd Irving but I found it doubtful that namco could have 2 characters.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Well... I said I wasn't going to but I did end up voting twice. Right after the Direct, I voted for Ivysaur (Because of course I did) and then a few days later, after seeing how many people were voting for troll characters like Goku and Shrek, I decided that I should vote a second time for a real character and chose Dixie.

Ivysaur - Because she was the most interesting and fun character Smash ever saw. Is she likely to come back, almost 0% likelihood, I know. Because Charizard is a ****ing traitor. But still... She's the thread keeping me tethered to Brawl and PM as my favorite Smash games, whereas I know that 4 is the best all around, it's just not quite right without her. Lucas helps though.

Dixie - Usual arguments for Dixie here. DK needs another rep, she'd be really unique and fun so long as she's not a Diddy clone (Which I don't think would make sense anyway) and I just like the character. Especially after playing Tropical Freeze (Was never a fan of DKC2 or 3 aside from soundtrack).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I voted Micaiah, I love the magicians, I want a full one :3
I would have preferred her over Robin, but now that we are close to having 20 Fire Emblem characters in Smash, I'd rather not have Micaiah as DLC.

Tho I'd still take her over that creepy girl from Hyrule Warriors (Lina or something), freaking Sceptile, Zael and other weird characters people are giving votes for.

Troykv

Smash Master
I would have preferred her over Robin, but now that we are close to having 20 Fire Emblem characters in Smash, I'd rather not have Micaiah as DLC.

Tho I'd still take her over that creepy girl from Hyrule Warriors (Lina or something), freaking Sceptile, Zael and other weird characters people are giving votes for.
The magician from HW? Her name is Lana

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Banjo & Kazooie. With Phil Spencer's comment & the official confirmation that 3rd party characters can be sent in, they went from highly unlikely to pretty possible now. Imho, they belong to the remaining big Nintendo stars that are yet absent from the game.

(Yes, I pretty much think that they belong to Nintendo as much as DK & the DK crew do - even if they aren't with Ninty any more)

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Heheh. I meant which character has the best chance out of MY favourites, I don't presume to read the future.

Oddly enough, I love the DKC games, but I'm just not feeling K. Rool as a character. I'd probably prefer Dixie as a DKC rep.

Also, I know they're iconic and all (and needing of love) but with Duck Hunt on the roster I kinda feel like maybe Banjo and Kazooie might possibly be just a teensy weensie tiny little itty bit.........redundant?

(Please don't kill me.)
Nah, it's alright bro. I'm seeing as lot of people make the bear + bird/dog + bird = clone comparison. I've been watching a playthrough of Banjo Kazooie and I can already see that the two characters could play drastically differently. For one, Banjo doesn't have an NES zapper, and while the DHD uses the duck as a partner, Banjo uses his friend Kazooie as more of a tool, which lets him jump, destroy rocks, and all sorts of other things.

Banjo & Kazooie. With Phil Spencer's comment & the official confirmation that 3rd party characters can be sent in, they went from highly unlikely to pretty possible now. Imho, they belong to the remaining big Nintendo stars that are yet absent from the game.

(Yes, I pretty much think that they belong to Nintendo as much as DK & the DK crew do - even if they aren't with Ninty any more)
Hey, I would've never thought that they'd see their Smash chance again, but here's me eating my words. Maybe it's not too much to hope that maybe they'll return to Nintendo someday? please?

Heheh. I meant which character has the best chance out of MY favourites, I don't presume to read the future.

Oddly enough, I love the DKC games, but I'm just not feeling K. Rool as a character. I'd probably prefer Dixie as a DKC rep.

Also, I know they're iconic and all (and needing of love) but with Duck Hunt on the roster I kinda feel like maybe Banjo and Kazooie might possibly be just a teensy weensie tiny little itty bit.........redundant?

(Please don't kill me.)
Off topic, but is your profile pic of a 16 bit Hitler?

Last edited by a moderator:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee, Toad, Meowth and Snake. No regrets. Though I am still aware that someone like K Rool is probably winning.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
However unlikely, I had to take this chance to vote for John Raimi from Geist.
At least in Brawl, the game was mentioned, but there had been absolutely no reference to the game in Smash U/3DS. Granted, it was from a western developer and it's more on the obscure side, but Geist still is a Nintendo-owned property with a lot of potential.

It was a long shot, but it was the only shot Raimi's ever had.

It probably wouldn't be worth anyone's time to reopen or create a new thread, but if anyone would like to see my original proposal, it's here: http://smashboards.com/threads/thats-not-all-volks-john-raimi-from-geist.326480/

I only voted once.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I... couldn't resist putting in another vote...

I'm sorry, but I really want this guy in.

F0F44770-9043-42E8-AF8A-89C1751F343E.PNG

SonoUnProcione

Smash Cadet
I voted for Dixie, I love her.
Dixie's most "big" problem is one, named "King K. Rool"
I like him too, I really hope for a Donkey Kong DLC Pack at this point.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
I actually voted Magolor, mostly because a friend wants him in badly and I didn't really have any opinions on my own, cept for the low-key want for Waluigi that's been resting inside me since Brawl.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
I voted for:
-Impa
-Inkling
-Ridley
-Koopa Troopa
-Wolf
-Snake
-Roy
-Squirtle
-King K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Birdo
-Ice Climber (yes a single Ice Climber, maybe the 3DS can handle that with Popo and Nana being alts like Olimar and Alph/Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings)
-Captain Toad

Last edited:

JustinMacacbre

Smash Rookie
To be fair, none of the characters are trolling - even Goku has a lot of people who legitimately want him, though he is the butt of a lot of jokes because of it. The only character who is genuinely a troll pick you regularly see is Shrek.

As for King K. Rool, the popularity is real. He is an iconic boss from a fan favourite franchise, and a demented crocodile pirate king is awesome. In terms of creativity, this is my main dispute - he has 4 completely different boss battles, giving him a large variety of source material to work with - from boxing and body slams to cannonballs, boomerangs and jet packs, the potential is there for a fantastic moveset. People seem to automatically assume a Bowser clone but I think most of the people voting for him would be disappointed if that were the case as the two aren't really that similar.

As an afterthought, what sounds more trollish - the reasons I've just detailed, or voting for a non-masculine female character because they look pretty?

#KrocTheVote
King K. Doesn't really stick out in my memory so when I do think of him I do think of a bowser clone. But if he is designed the way you described I would be okay with that.
As far as my comment about having a nonmasculine female, I just meant we have an oversaturation of masculinity in the roster. Besides Peach, Rosalina and maybe Zelda there isn't anyone who is beautiful and graceful in appearance and move set. That's why I voted for Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD
................... And if people are voting for Goku then I say Sailor Moon gets in. BANDAI is a sponsor of SM so she has better chance than Goku lol. (I know she isn't getting in)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
King K. Doesn't really stick out in my memory so when I do think of him I do think of a bowser clone. But if he is designed the way you described I would be okay with that.
As far as my comment about having a nonmasculine female, I just meant we have an oversaturation of masculinity in the roster. Besides Peach, Rosalina and maybe Zelda there isn't anyone who is beautiful and graceful in appearance and move set. That's why I voted for Vivian from Paper Mario TTYD
................... And if people are voting for Goku then I say Sailor Moon gets in. BANDAI is a sponsor of SM so she has better chance than Goku lol. (I know she isn't getting in)
Heh, I can understand that. The Male to female ratio in smash is kinda surprising... At least sakurai has been trying to up the number this time around. Lets see.. We got Rosalina, Palutena, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer (Female one), in a sense female villager, I suppose female Robin too lol.

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I really tried, I really really did try, but I couldn't decide on just one. I voted;
Snake from Metal Gear
Ashley from WarioWare
Inkling from Splatoon
Bayonetta from Bayonetta
Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country
Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
Ninten from Mother
Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening
Rayman from Rayman
Wolf from Star Fox

15 [イチゴ]

Smash Apprentice
NNID
15_bit
3DS FC
2019-9663-8659
I voted for Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Quote(Mr. Traveler) for 3rd party dudes and Inkling, Mike Jones, Doc Louis and Savvy Stylist for 1st party dudes.

Geno mostly for nostalgia of Super Mario RPG and because I think he'd be fast which usually makes for a good character tier wise.

Banjo and Kazooie for that 90's platforming nostalgia.

Shovel Knight because awesome and platformer characters generally fit well.

Shantae eventhough I have barely played her games. That hair whip tho'!

Quote because of his weapon levels mechanic. It would make him a sort of zoner reverse Lucario that's better at low percents, but gets interesting options at higher percents.

Inkling because Splatoon looks awesome and I'm sure it'd make for an intersting character.

Abraham Lincoln because he's the best character of Code Name Steam and he could pull a Ness to steal the other dude's moves from his game.

Mike Jones for that sweet 'murika onry Ness like ginger teen swag. Plus he's got a banana in his ears.

Doc and Savvy Stylist for the lulz and potentially unique characters.

I voted for the Reckless Wii Remote warning guy too eventhough it's really dumb. XD

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I really tried, I really really did try, but I couldn't decide on just one. I voted;
Snake from Metal Gear
Ashley from WarioWare
Inkling from Splatoon
Bayonetta from Bayonetta
Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country
Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
Ninten from Mother
Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening
Rayman from Rayman
Wolf from Star Fox
Nice list. As to the veterans in that group, I could see Wolf getting a reveal at E3. Snake, not so sure of.

Ashley, and Skull Kid, I'm not too sure of either. Their already assist trophies. Perhaps the likely hood of them appearing as assists could drop to 0 when their out? Other than that, not too sure.

Definitely a possibility though. We'll just have to wait and see how this all goes I suppose

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Nice list. As to the veterans in that group, I could see Wolf getting a reveal at E3. Snake, not so sure of.

Ashley, and Skull Kid, I'm not too sure of either. Their already assist trophies. Perhaps the likely hood of them appearing as assists could drop to 0 when their out? Other than that, not too sure.

Definitely a possibility though. We'll just have to wait and see how this all goes I suppose
Yeah, Snake is a pipedream tbh. But I had to vote for him, he was my fave in Brawl and I got into MGS because of it.

As for Ashley and Skull Kid, them being Assist Trophies doesn't necessarily deconfirm them. As the Spirit Tracks stage shows, matches can change based on who's fighting, so your idea of the chance of them appearing dropping to 0 would make a lot of sense.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
First vote went to Shovel Knight because he is practically a Nintendo character he looks like one and plays like one.
Then I voted for Monster Hunter from the MH series. Primarily a Nintendo game nowadays.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've decided to not vote for a 4th character. I'll just stick with King K. Rool, Shantae, and the (unlikely) Dragon King.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I don't mean to be mean, but some of yalls (not naming names) are voting for some stupid :rolleyes: characters.

I for one, voted Bandana Dee. He's really becoming a main character in Kirby and could be completely unique using a spear. Plus, if freaking FIRE EMBLEM gets 4 reps, Kirby more than deserves 4. Chef Kawasaki too. Pls Sakurai...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I don't mean to be mean, but some of yalls (not naming names) are voting for some stupid :rolleyes: characters.

I for one, voted Bandana Dee. He's really becoming a main character in Kirby and could be completely unique using a spear. Plus, if freaking FIRE EMBLEM gets 4 reps, Kirby more than deserves 4. Chef Kawasaki too. Pls Sakurai...
Heh, I could see the little guy in! He has definitely been an important character in the Kirby series lately, thats for sure. Infact it kinda feels like theres a void in the Kirby reps without him practically.

I feel so torn on all of this tho. There are a lot of worthy candidates.. I hope we get a good few characters in out of this ballot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't mean to be mean, but some of yalls (not naming names) are voting for some stupid :rolleyes: characters...
Still no worse than Goku, Shrek, Steve, and Freddie Fazbear. If my experiences in Miiverse (Especially early Smash speculation) is anything to go by, I've seen much worse.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
My main vote went to Krystal from Star Fox, at first simply because I thought she was the one character out of the series that seemed to have the possibility to have a moveset unique to the series and not be a Fox "clone" style like Falco and Wolf were (and I'm not saying clone in a negative sense. Just that their moves have a similar vibe, moreso Falco than Wolf). Then, with the whole situation of her as a character being the target of a lot of hate and misuse, I really decided to back her up to try to let her get her chance to shine with Nintendo's best. I really think with some good thought she can be a stellar unique character for Smash if she's played up to her strengths as a staff user, a psychic, and a space-tech figther, all in one.

I've also shot a few votes in for Miles "Tails" Prowler from the Sonic series because he'd be like Sonic's Luigi and has been around just as long, being Sonic's one true running buddy, and also being part of the age-old Cruel Melee joke from years past. Tails also has his fair share of key character traits, namely his two tails for flight, his smarts and ability to use self-made inventions. He's been underutilized in his own series lately, sitting a lot of adventures out since Sonic '06 and Smash would be a great place for him to get back into the flow of things.

I shot one vote for Wolf from Star Fox fame but I kept it at that, since honestly I think he's got a big enough following as is and probably will be the next announced DLC character, so I'm focusing on the two above.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
My vote went to Roy. Simply because:
  • Roy is amazing
  • A fan favourite
  • Would get some of the old Roy fans to play SSB4 more
  • Can be made for 3DS (ie no issues like Ice CLimbers have)
  • Comics are being made about Roy not being in SSB4 - https://s3.amazonaws.com/AZComics/comic400.png - Just one of many such comics by so many different people
  • He plays very differently to Marth. If you played Roy like Marth you'd get your ass handed to you.
  • He is the sole reason some people are now a fan of or at least semi interested in Fire Emblem. I am one of these people. I only looked into Fire Emblem because of how amazing Roy was in Melee. If it was Marth only I'd not have cared enough to look into Fire Emblem.
  • Made for Project M. Just another point showing off the fact people love Roy.
  • No need for a 3rd party approval as Nintendo owns Fire Emblem.
  • Easier character to make as a base move set is already there from Melee. Nintendo just have to update it to SSB4. Sure that still takes ages but less time then a newcomer from scratch.
  • Ike and co are nothing like Roy. And he would only add to the game, not be a pointless clone like Dark Pit is.
  • Having lots of Fire Emblem Characters in the game is ok, Mario has lots as do Pokemon and a few others.
  • Roy is sad being left out of the party and in the rain :( , Please let him in Nintendo -
  • And even more reasons I am yet to think of.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I voted for Dixie because she is a really underatted female game star. She had her own game years before Peach did. And I loved playing with her in the original country games and Tropical Freeze.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I voted for Dixie because she is a really underatted female game star. She had her own game years before Peach did. And I loved playing with her in the original country games and Tropical Freeze.
If you mean DKC2, that's just as Diddy's offsider. No different to Peach being Mario's offsider in SMB2 NES.
She did have DKC3 though.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you mean DKC2, that's just as Diddy's offsider. No different to Peach being Mario's offsider in SMB2 NES.
She did have DKC3 though.
I meant DKC3. What indicated that I was talking about 2? I'm just genuinely curious why you'd bring that up.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I meant DKC3. What indicated that I was talking about 2? I'm just genuinely curious why you'd bring that up.
I didn't know if you were talking about 2 or 3 as your post gave zero mention as to either. So I just mentioned both. But it's cool though.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i voted for isaac. he's been overlooked for too long. please people, vote for isaac!

Top Bottom