• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What character did you first ever main?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
For Smash 64: Kirby
Melee: Roy(and it turned out to be Roy in the end). Before unlocking Roy I leaned towards Bowser.
Brawl: Kirby again.
Project M: Luigi
Smash 4: Mega Man(which again, I ended up with anyways)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Smash 64: :luigi64: When I was 5 or 6 years old (around the time the game came out), I was at that point in my life where I was kind of obsessed with Luigi. So anytime Luigi and the other unlockable characters were still locked, I would play through everything just so I could get to play as Luigi and the other characters as well. The biggest traits that gravitated me towards him was his model, green fireballs, up-b, and his star ko sound effect. I also used to pick :pikachu64: in training mode with :link64: as the computer, have Hyrule Castle as the stage, and would play cat & mouse. What's funny about that is that Pikachu IS a mouse pokemon.

Melee: :luigimelee: Pretty much the same reasoning as Smash 64, but to a lesser extent. When I first saw that :falcomelee: was in Melee, I was kind of suprised, but also excited because I really like Star Fox 64 and thought it would be cool if some of the other members of the Star Fox team were in Smash. Then :roymelee: because he looked really cool, especially with the gold armor and he also kind of looked like the "unofficial" main character of Melee. Fully charged flare blade that did 50% and would always kill you buffered my reasoning. Then after that, I found playing as :sheikmelee: to be addicting. Everytime I went to Hyrule Temple and fight against a lv. 9 :bowsermelee:, I comboed/spammed the ever living daylights out of him at the basement; the place where you hardly ever die. I would even go against a team of 3 lv. 9 Bowsers on the same stage. Real quickie, everytime I saw :ganondorfmelee: do his "volcano kick"/u-tilt, I thought to myself, "How do you do that?!". That was when I discovered the existence and value of the moves known as "tilts". Thank you King of Disrespect.

Brawl: :ike: Interesting note about me and Brawl. I didn't know about the game until months after it came out as I was going through a time (2007-2011?) when I wasn't interested in Nintendo. When I found out that Mega Man wasn't in Brawl, I was really disappointed and didn't even get the game until late 2011. Now I, like many of you out there thought that Ike was beyond broken when I first played as him as he had ridiculous range and kill power. It was always satisfying killing someone at 40% with a f-smash.

Smash 4: :4megaman: Mega Man is my all time favorite character in any form of fiction. So when I watched the E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS trailer on June 11th, 2013, I got so hype. Then when I saw the "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" sign, I got even more excited and I thought that it couldn't be anyone but Mega Man. Then saw the silhouette, I was then almost 100% certain it was him. And then the helmet appeared while making a Mega Man sound effect...I couldn't believe it and thought time had completely stopped. Even to this day, I wonder if that day was all a dream, or if it really did happened. Well, it did really happen. So far, Mega Man has been my main since Day 1; back when the 3DS first launched here in the US and I do not plan to drop him.

Last edited:

Illusions

Smash Cadet
NNID
minnievanilly
3DS FC
0345-0482-7374
Link, because I'm a huge Zelda fan and I guess he was easy to play with because his movement is sort of similar to how it is in the actual series. Eventually I dropped him because of encountering so many FG Links...

E: This was in Sm4sh, the first SSB that I ever played lol.

Last edited:

Hyrule Hero 1986

Smash Rookie
In Brawl, Melee, and Smash 4, the first character I mained was Link. The main reason is because I'm a BIGGGGG Legend of Zelda game.

Hyrule Hero 1986

Smash Rookie
Link, because I'm a huge Zelda fan and I guess he was easy to play with because his movement is sort of similar to how it is in the actual series. Eventually I dropped him because of encountering so many FG Links...

E: This was in Sm4sh, the first SSB that I ever played lol.
Yeah, Link's movement in smah 4 is similar to how it was in the Zelda games. Especially in Twilight Princess. Link was pretty slow in the game. Plus climbING takes forever in that game.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
If we are talking about in general, then I'd have to say :mario64:. As a kid, I was a pretty big fan of Mario in general, so I played him the most, for sure.
If we are talking about Sm4sh, then probably :4villagerf: if I remember right. I played the crap out of villager when the demo came out, and she just kinda stuck with me when the 3ds version came out, up until about when the WiiU version was released.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
:pikachu64:

Still my favorite Smash character since the very first time I played the series.

vertime

Smash Apprentice
:4ganondorf: back in Melee. I did the dumb challenges just to unlock him.
Decided to come back to him in this game and he's just as satisfying as ever.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Marth

I later switched to ZSS and put him on the sidelines but he is still very reliable I consider him my only secondary.

Terriblis

Smash Rookie
I started off with Toon Link because my favorite game of all time is Wind Waker and I liked how he played in brawl.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Kirby. I enjoyed Kirby games during the time but ended up changing when Melee came out because he didn't feel right.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
All my mains in each game but Peach and Fox are my top two mains except for in Brawl where Wolf was my second main, sad that he didn't return in Smash 4 but at least Mewtwo and Roy came back.

64: :fox64: :jigglypuff64:
Melee: :peachmelee: :foxmelee: :jigglypuffmelee: :mewtwomelee: :roymelee:
Brawl: :peach: :wolf: :fox: :lucario: :jigglypuff:
Smash 4: :4peach: :4fox: :4lucario: :4mewtwo: :4jigglypuff: :4feroy:

I play these other characters in Smash 4 for fun.
:4bowser: :4yoshi: :rosalina: :4roy: :4falco: :4charizard: :4zelda: :4littlemac::4wiifitm: :4bayonetta2:

Nintendoer

Smash Rookie
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
:lucas:in Brawl, and I've stuck with him since.
:4link:and :4wiifit:in Smash 4, but I abandoned them quickly. And this is only if we're talking about our very first mains, I've had tons more before my current ones (:4bayonetta:and:4corrin:) in Smash 4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros.: :mario64:
Super Smash Bros. Melee: :mariomelee:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: :mario2:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U: :4mario:/:4drmario:

This seems to be an ongoing tradition for me. But it makes sense, as Mario is my favorite character as well as being the easiest to start with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Brawl::ike: Because Brawl scrub reasons. Nothing fancy there. l moved up to :ganondorf: and :sonic: when l unlocked them because was cancer and spent the next few years flip-flopping from :ike:,:marth:, and :zerosuitsamus:. Then Smash 4 came out and l never touched Brawl again besides for Project M....

SSB4::4robinm: because MAJICK and :4palutena: because dthrow nair and no one on FG knew how to DI out of it at the time. Really sad life back then. Eventually moved up to :4marth:, and spent much of my time flip-flopping from :4marth: and :4palutena: until Summer 2015 when l started messing around with :4myfriends:. God l love Smash 4 lke. And basically the first day Cloud was out, l won a tournament with him, since there wasn't any match-up knowledge and l basically thought of him as a faster lke. Besides, it was the day of G3, l believe, so all of the notably good players were gone. Today, l just accept the fact that l'll play anyone with a disjoint and is from a chinese cartoon. Send help.

Project M::ganondorf: because basically felt like Smash 4 lke with a float and that stomp. l haven't made too much progress in developing PM play, but :roypm:,:marth:,:zerosuitsamus:,:jigglypuff:,:toonlink:, and :sheik: all interest me and are better than Ganon, so yeah.

Melee::marthmelee: because easy to learn hard to master thingy. l've literally played 3 Melee netplay matches anyway...

64:...................

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
My first main ever was :peachmelee: back in in '05 when I played Melee for the first time. She's still my favorite but I will say that :zeldamelee: is starting to stick on me.

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: are the characters in SSB4 that I play often since I like the whole customization idea. But I admit:4lucina:, :4robinf:, :4bayonetta2:, & :4corrinf: are starting to pique my interest, I tell you what.

Pacific

Smash Rookie
Melee was the first smash game I've ever played, and as soon as I started I immediately gravitated towards :samusmelee: because I thought she was super cool

When brawl came around I started with :wolf: but quickly went to :ike: because big sword. Soon enough I also played :toonlink: and :lucario: a lot.

Smash 4 came around and I stopped playing :4myfriends:before sm4sh even came out. I only played :4tlink:until :4mewtwo:came out. From then on I've hopped around between :4cloud2::4corrinf::4greninja::4lucario::4ness::4mewtwo::4feroy::4shulk::4robinm::4lucas::4kirby::4diddy::4falcon::4jigglypuff::4marth::4rob::4palutena:and :4pikachu:. I've now narrowed it down to :4jigglypuff:(because i'm a masochist) and:4mewtwo:as my mains.

Never played 64, soooo...yeah.

AlexJ15

Smash Cadet
First mains:
Smash 64: :mario64:
Melee: :mariomelee:/:luigimelee:
Brawl: :mario2:/:ness2:
Smash 4: :4ness:/:4luigi:

Current mains:
Smash 64: none (don't play competitively anymore)
Melee: :foxmelee:(secondaries: :falcomelee:/:marthmelee:)
Brawl: none (don't play competitively anymore)
Smash 4: :4cloud:(secondaries: :4mario:/:4diddy:)

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
64: I don't remember
Melee: I think :pikachu:
Brawl: :olimar:
Sm4sh: :4olimar:

Last edited:

Flatmesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flatmeysa
3DS FC
2191-8449-3854
This list is ordered from the first Smash Bros game I played to the last.
Brawl: Either:mario2: or :link2: because the only character in the roster I was familiar with was Mario; if it was Link, it's because I thought he looked cool.
Smash 4: :4marth:because I played with him a lot when I was playing Brawl casually but I immediately stopped playing with him because he felt very different to his Brawl counterpart. I've been using Marth as a pocket character very recently so I didn't completely stop playing with him.
Project M: :roypm: because I got the Roy DLC in Smash 4 and at the time he was my main. I decided to download Project M and load it up onto my Wii so I could try "Melee" for the first time. I played with Roy first and I still play with him in Project M to this day.
Melee: :foxmelee: because 20XX

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ness: in Smash 64.

:4dk: in everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom